[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To all those here who'll dismiss any mainstream comedy tv
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: image.png (740 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
740 KB, 1920x1080
To all those here who'll dismiss any mainstream comedy tv shows, movies, etc. with nothing but their meaningless "reddit" buzzwords, What DO you guys find funny, aside from garbage like Sam Hyde and hella epic 4chan babby rape jokes?
>>
trailer park boys
curb your enthusiasm

cartoons are for children
>>
Almost nothing.
>>
>>27173606
> trailer park boys
> it's always unit in Philadelphia
> Louis CK (both show and his standup)
My sense of humor is kind of pleb tier but whatever
>>
>>27173606
I like Rick and Morty in an original comment kind of way
>>
>>27173627
I like TPB

And I mean if that makes you feel any more like a grown-up than you actually are, keep telling yourself that
>>
>>27173685
no i just said that to find the butthurt cartoon watchers

there are no funny cartoons, all of them are shit
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 347x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 347x200
check it out with dr. Steve brule
>>
I usually find nothing intentionally funny humorous for more than one or two episodes.
Unintentionally funny stuff is always funny.
I also like ridicule.
>>
>>27173668
>it's always unit in Philadelphia
The last season had like one good episode.
>>
>>27173676
A robot here recommended it, I like it, who cares.

But then I also like Billy and Mandy.
>>
Curb your enthusiasm
Parks and rec
Rick and Morty
Peep show
>>
File: tmp_7825-images(25)-541644178.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7825-images(25)-541644178.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
Married with Children
Truly one of the most r9k tier sitcoms
>>
Reddit and Memey is fine, a slid six out of ten.
It still occasionally dips into shitty writing, the animation is garbage, and Roiland thinks he's funnier than he really is.
>>
>>27173740
>>27173685
>>27173668
>>27173627
All of these but Louis ck. Not because of le ebin cuck meme, I don't want stand up so I've never seen him.
Sunny and TPB are goat though.
>>
This dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz6jHTpi6zw
>>
Eric Andre Show
Wonder Showzen
Xavier: Renegade Angel
Trailer Park Boys
Curb
Louie
>>
>>27173606
Schadenfreude, Slap stick comedy and Ironic situation.

Also a good troll in a while.
>>
File: 1337714002550.jpg (61 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1337714002550.jpg
61 KB, 500x375
Yeah I don't get the buzzword memes. Literally every TV show is mainstream. It's fucking television you dips.
>>
I'm contrarian to a fault.
>>
I've loved Rick and Morty since the very first episode.

The Rick and Morty is Reddit meme is the fucking worst. It doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>27175506

Anything with rapid-fire comedy seems to get that designation.
>>
>>27175544
The ____ is Reddit meme is especially fucking sad considering the fact that 4chan doesn't hold a monopoly on any kind of content anymore other than nazi and beta bullshit. There is no Us vs. Them anymore because there's hardly even an "us". It's a boogeyman for everything they can't make or do themselves
>>
File: obiwan7.gif (898 KB, 245x150) Image search: [Google]
obiwan7.gif
898 KB, 245x150
TPB, Louie and Sunny are all very popular. So it's basically just wanna be elitist trying to show how underground they are while in reality they're plebs.
>>
File: sexy bird.jpg (23 KB, 517x517) Image search: [Google]
sexy bird.jpg
23 KB, 517x517
>>27173606
>garbage like Sam Hyde
MDE is the funniest thing on JewTube

I like most Adult Swim shows, old and new. But most of the things I find humorous are unintentionally humorous. I'll watch bad movies just to laugh at all the dumb shit. Like the Point Break remake is a top tier chuckle fest.

Also, there's plenty of comedy is non-comedy oriented TV and movies. 99% of comedy shows and movies are fucking awful. Humor used as a tool in story telling is far better than a constant stream of it. Better Call Saul is great show with properly used humor.
>>
>>27173606

Rick and Morty has been one of the funniest comedies to come out in years, just because le reddit decided to jump on the bandwagon doesn't make it any less shit.

That said, it is only at its funniest when both dan harmon and justin roiland are both actively involved in the episode, some of the season 2 episodes suffered from that.

Shouldn't judge a show by some of its shitty fan base.
>>
File: drawntogetherbanner.jpg (81 KB, 590x325) Image search: [Google]
drawntogetherbanner.jpg
81 KB, 590x325
I've legitimately watched each episode AT LEAST 3 times, probably much more, and this show can still literally bring me to tears.
>>
>>27175506
>>27175544
>>27175605
It's Reddit because it's super popular there.

I love the show but season 2, while having some very strong episodes, was not as good as season 1 as a whole
>>
>>27176587
this guy is 100% right
>>
>>27173606
>stories about women cheating and losing everything after they get dumped
>women getting upset over Asian women, men preferring virgins, and getting their nudes leaked
>internet drama in general is general is pretty fucking funny, especially when it involves people with autism or SJWs
>everything about identity politics
>Don Quixote
>>
>>27176426
>is only at its funniest when both dan harmon and justin roiland are both actively involved in the episode
Disagree. Look Who's Purging Now is one of the weakest episodes of season 2 and it was the only one where they (and Ridley) are the credited writers .
>>
File: Bakemonogatari.jpg (60 KB, 317x450) Image search: [Google]
Bakemonogatari.jpg
60 KB, 317x450
>>27175605
I'm glad I prefer Weeb comedy that no one is going to co-opt.
>>
>>27173627

>Curb your enthusiasm
>The office US Season 1-7.
>The office UK
>An Idiot Abroad
>The Karl Pilkington Show

Thats about it TV show wise.

Nothing else.
>>
File: 1402765515887.jpg (209 KB, 530x1126) Image search: [Google]
1402765515887.jpg
209 KB, 530x1126
>>27173805
>Married with Children
>>
>>27173606

I thought the first season of rick and morty was good. The second season just seemed like the same jokes rehashed for the most part.

I still enjoy old episodes of the simpsons, too. The older seasons are still some of the best comedy of all time, cartoon or not.

Trailer Park Boys, Seinfeld, Louie, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Curb Your Enthusiasm are all good shows.

I feel like most people that get all up in arms about their dislike for mainstream stuff are edgy teens.
>>
>>27177978

I forgot to include Peep Show, and The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret.
>>
>>27176541
I fucking loved Drawn Together
Also Bojack Horseman is really entertaining and moving.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.