[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this anger me so much? For all i know all the people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: so_deep.png (342 KB, 729x826) Image search: [Google]
so_deep.png
342 KB, 729x826
Why does this anger me so much?

For all i know all the people who post this kind of pictures are genuinely depressed and I'm just an insensitive douchebag who is just butt hurt because im too scared to seek help or even talk about my mental health. I mean everyone has their own way of dealing with depression and maybe for some people being an attention whore is therapeutic.

Thoughts?
>>
File: 1437977798744.jpg (64 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1437977798744.jpg
64 KB, 960x540
>>27171720
god damn this sounds like my inner monologue
>>
>>27171720
>For all i know all the people who post this kind of pictures are genuinely depressed

They're not, and you're right to be irritated.

There are women with genuine depression but they're not on fucking twatter
>>
>>27171720
that is a lie women can't be sad. they like to pretend to be sad for attention. what sad creatures
>>
No you're exactly right. People with genuine depression generally don't go about broadcasting it so publicly, if at all. These are the types of people who will have a shitty day and whine about "How depressed I am today." It's a transparent attempt at garnering attention.
>>
>those fingers
Modest kek. I always find it funny when shitty artists share their work.
>>
>>27171720
you are correct

your average shitty fucking over posted pepe or wojak convey more meaning, especially in context
>>
>>27171720
I found out yesterday I was molested at school on penisninspection day, so fuck off
>>
This type of picture has been done so many times it's ridiculous.

Have some originality for fuck sake.
>>
>>27171752
pretty much. but yeah, it is kinda normal for depressed people to seek out assistance via grabbing for attention, but it's not gonna be the person with a ton of followers. you can usually tell by how they talk
>>
http://ageofshitlords.com/9-signs-your-mental-illness-is-made-up-for-attention/

This article is actually pretty accurate. I fell for that sorta girl for too long and excused blatant attention whoring as them being legitimately depressed.
>>
>>27171770
That might have been in my thread, if so sorry m8 :v(
>>
>>27171720
Yeah, it's usually pretty obvious if you have depression and most people don't cover it up. I'm not fake nice to anyone in the real world or nice to make everyone think I'm great, I'm just an ass really. Some people (aka normies with chemical imbalance or daddy issues) rely on their friends for comfort because extrovert. Robots like us are pretty much all introverts and don't take comfort in sharing that we fucking hate life
>>
>>27171720
Genuinely depressed people are nothing like this, senpai. In fact, some of them resemble nothing but a vegetable. They do not speak, they do not do anything, let alone posting on twatter. It's fucking horrible.
>>
>>27171720
Because you're 15 and other people's lives still affect you. Go do psychadelic drugs and kill your ego and come back in 10 years, then tell us what your problens and priorities are.
>>
>>27171720
Empathy always has a rational and an emotional component. You are able to empathize with these people on a rational level but you can't do it emotionally.

Usually when we empathize we connect the experience of another person with an experience we made ourselves that is similar. In this situation you can't find a situation in your own life that is similar enough, therefore you can't empathize.
>>
>>27171786
Also to add on to this a little further. With the OP picture specifically as an example. Its literally them making a point of how they "pretend" to be happy to the world while being miserable. Except thats obviously a load of shit when they constantly post crap like that.
>>
>>27171770
Well not your fault I thought it was a joke about how they check your bodies and see your penis
>>
>>27171720

OP the misconception about serious depression is that people will run around tweeting about it and crying for attention, in reality depression manifests itself as an almost total lack of will or feeling and a state of anhedonia
>>
>>27171770
Was this the finnish nurse checks for self harm thread?
>>
>>27171786
Can't quote whole passages because of the robot.
>4
desu some days are worse than others. I have some days where I curl up on my bed and cry and others where I'm unhappy but am not as debilitated by it.

>5
If you're depressed it doesn't mean every day is awful, just most. This COULD be a coincidence.

>8
Isn't it normal to want to talk about your feelings with friends?
>>
>>27171804

>wanting to kill your ego

working against your own ego is irrational
>>
>>27171786
I'm not sure about 9...
>>
>>27171965
4 and 5 are weak points of the article. But 8 is a fine point. Its not about legitimately discussing things when they get too much for you or whatever. Its about the types who constantly post status about how depressed they are.

Maybe once in a while is fine, but when you post about it constantly. Clinging to as some sort of identity. Its usually a sign you're bull shiting/exaggerating your depression.
>>
Sort of looks like Angry Crying Wojak holding up a mask of Smug Pepe
>>
>>27171720
>http://ageofshitlords.com/9-signs-your-mental-illness-is-made-up-for-attention/
i don't really agree with the first one. its hard not to lash out when you have severe mental disorders and it never feels good, and the excuse 'i have a mental disorder' doesn't fly at all. you just look like an asshole even when you really can't help it
>>
>>27172242
Then maybe you haven't met or got close enough to that kinda person yet.
>>
> usually have a good handle on emotions when shit happens
> laugh everyday always find something hilarious to watch
> at night, spiral into bouts of low self-esteem where I realize I'm worthless and that one day I'm going to die
> thought about suicide heavily from 17-21 never did anything obviously
> always putting on an act for others and then stress over having to talk to them again, I have a week off from work and I still think about them everyday
was it depression?
>>
>>27172329
I mean.. I think im severely depressed and again im scared to seek help, im probably just gonna end up killing myself does that mean i didn't really have depression because i didn't help myself?
>>
>>27171752
same goes for guys who fucking have "mental illnesses" coming here to blog vaguely. its the exact same people. and if you hate yourself you'll hate people who are like you, hence the hostility on r9k and this faggot advertising some chicks twitter. the way you guys describe depression is how everyone else experiences it, most people just don't have time to complain as much.
>>
>>27171764
I don't even like admitting to people that I suffer from depression etc, even if they come to that conclusion on my own.

There is something fucked up about me why would I broadcast that, the faux pity on social networks makes me sick.

The only people I've told are doctors and therapists, they don't know anyone I know and cant say a thing due to law.
>>
>>27172455
you don't have to explicitly say anything to be an attention whore, and everyone on the planet thinks there is something fucked up with them.
>>
>>27172329
yfw attention seeking, drama queening and no will to fix the issue is actually a mental disorder. histrionics, if you're interested
>>
>>27172377
Nah, it doesn't really work as a stand alone point. Its not made up for attention if your too scared to post about it for attention. But in conjunction with other points it makes sense, the article could be better written though
>>
>>27171720
I understand the meaning behind the picture, that is pretty much the feeling you have to pretend that everything is fine because you dont want to worry other people with your depression.

But calling this thing "deep" is just plain stupid and should make you angry. If you share a pic like thet you aren't really depressed, you are just begging for attention. Someone who has been/is depressed has prolly drawn that pic when in a slump, and posted it anonymously and then some tumlrqueen uses it to get attention, by calling it "deep".

You have every right to be angry.
>>
>>27171720
I usually get angry because it's a very naive attitude.
You fake being happy? No shit lots of people do some are not even clinically depress and just feel around certain people they have to appear happy.

To think that this is some new thing is a showing of either ignorance or the worse kind of attention seeking
>>
>severely depressed for years
>seeking help about it involves losing the ability to buy a gun to shoot myself with
Hahaha no.
>>
>>27171720
Ask one of them what they are sad about, that is sure to bring you laughter
>>
Found this on normiebook earlier, its a shit job but its pretty accurate
>>
>>27172841
Im a cutter and i approve this message
>>
>>27171781
And the poster in the pic calls it deep. it's basically a meme at this point
>>
File: tumblr_o0py6hwRq41tiomd9o1_500.jpg (30 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0py6hwRq41tiomd9o1_500.jpg
30 KB, 450x450
>>27171720
>For all i know all the people who post this kind of pictures are genuinely depressed
Original tbph fammo rammo
>>
>>27171786
>1
but I actually do have phone anxiety
>>
>>27171720
>typical girl
Not even mad, just glad

>>27172841
I hate these people. Cutting is fucking retarded but some people just enjoy doing it just like some people enjoy getting tattoos.

It doesn't mean you're strong, it means you're stupid enough to permanently fuck yourself over for whatever reason.
>>
>>27173374
Yep. I cut myself a few times in the past and it doesn't mean anything other than I thought it would be a temporary help. I don't regret it, it just doesn't matter.
>>
Its painfully obvious that most people who retweeted that are just people who felt sad before and pretended they aren't (which everyone fucking has) and thought "omg I can relate!"
>>
>>27171720
Nowhere in the screenshot does it suggest that they are depressed or that the picture is about depression.

The picture simply shows the facades people need to put on whilst in public.
>>
>>27173499
this

you dumb robots are always looking for something to be offended about, you'll even make shit up just so you can get angry

exactly the same as sjws

nice dubs btw
>>
isn't this literally just a wojak/pepe redraw?
>>
>>27172038
Kinda agree, egos are quite healthy. Just not when heavily inflated. I've taken plenty of psychedelics in my time, and LSD definitely temporarily subdued my ego. But I got all self-righteous shortly after a mushroom trip and reverted to my old ways. I still learnt a lot ultimately though. Having an absent ego is problematic.
>>
File: comedy_mask_001[1].jpg (68 KB, 800x635) Image search: [Google]
comedy_mask_001[1].jpg
68 KB, 800x635
>>27173654
People have a tendency to steal /r9k/ memes

Just look at this. It's an obvious copy of some original content made here. Fuck the Greeks
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.