[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>appointment with a psychologist >telling him about my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 453777.png (131 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
453777.png
131 KB, 633x758
>appointment with a psychologist
>telling him about my issues
>tell him about my social issues and how I have hard time fitting in society etc.
>no friends, no job, no education, nothing, just spill it all out so that he can help me
>pretty much done
>putting on my coat and about to walk out the door
>"oh and one more thing, anon. have you ever had a girlfriend"
>reply "n-no..." and walk out
>tfw
>>
just wait until you tell him about 29k
>>
>>27171187
this will be really hilarious when OP tells him I go on a website specific for low tier losers and on that site a board specific for the biggest losers on the website kek
>>
File: 1407834895413.jpg (35 KB, 396x388) Image search: [Google]
1407834895413.jpg
35 KB, 396x388
I gave up on therapy. I wanted to just talk about issues I was facing and get his advice on what I should do, but he wouldn't have that. He tried to seem like he wasn't guiding the therapy in any direction, but he kept fucking hinting that I should talk more about my past and the things I've been through. He'd like ask me, "Why don't you talk about your childhood anymore, anon?" It seemed like he wasn't even listening when I just talked about something I was struggling with in the here-and-now. He wanted to dig into my past and figure out what made me tic. So I spent every appointment talking about my shitty adolescence in great detail and, man, it really bummed me out. It didn't feel good to get it off my chest, it made me feel even worse. I wasn't solving any of my problems, I was just pointing my finger at various moments like, "Yeah! That's why I'm fucked up!" And he'd just repeat the conclusions I had reached, reinforcing my shitty mindset.

He'd try to get me to practice "mindfulness". Basically where you just accept things as they are, without judgment or care. That was his solution to everything, just drop out and stop caring so much. I was struggling in school? Well, obviously I didn't want to be there. Better drop out. I didn't have any motivation? Well, you can't do anything about that. Better keep doing nothing every day.

I dunno, I've never seen anyone get out of therapy. I've never seen anyone have like their "breakthrough" moment where they figured it all out. What I have seen, though, is a lot of people who have been doing therapy for years and have not improved even a tiny bit. It becomes like a narcotic, yelling at some shrink about your problems and wagging your finger at mommy and daddy for fucking your whole life up.

I'm not saying I figured it all out once I quit therapy. But at least I'm not shifting blame anymore and I can see that I'm the reason my life is so fucked up.
>>
>>27171056
Therapists are just talking polls for normie problems and are normies themselves robots are too structurally fucked to be fixed by even professionals

By the way how did you get the balls to actually talk to another person?
>>
>>27171056
nice greentext OP. it's hilarious normalfags take this shit seriously really
>>
>>27171222
Fuck you man im not living alone in this house, you cant make me laugh like that.
>>
>>27171499
>2016
>falling for the psychiatric jew
>>
Im going into a Hospital fo therapy 2-3 months, what am I in for?
>>
>>27171056
Psychology majors in uni are filled to the brim with promiscuous normies who think they can psychoanalyze anyone. You honestly expect a decent assessment from people like this?
>>
>>27171499

You might want to try cognitive behavioral therapy. It is much more focused on specific problems you have right now and practical exercises to do to help you address them. CBT helped me a lot with my ocd stuff.
>>
>>27171187
>>27171222

Why would anyone ever tell their therapist that they go on /r9k/?
>>
>>27171825
Maybe to help them get an insight into how their mind works, how they spend the majority of their free time, and the kind of people they socialize with?
>>
Starting therapy on Thursday (again).

Dudes a clinical psychologist with a doctorate, not sure how great the treatment will be but I mentioned in the referral I want a thorough diagnosis at least.

I've shuffled between a few psychiatrists and psychologists over the years with few clear answers or strategies.

Have suffered from bouts of depression and anxiety as well as difficultly assimilating into Normie life and social interactions.

I suspect I have a personality disorder with a degree of autism traits.

Dunno how salvageable I am, some understanding may help a bit, I feel I have been wading through trickle in the dark and I am too tired and old to put up with this any more.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.