[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/nocommonsense/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1452041254185.jpg (36 KB, 831x826) Image search: [Google]
1452041254185.jpg
36 KB, 831x826
Who /nocommonsense/ here?

>Never think of the most simple things like taking the easy route to a chair
>Doing everything "the hard and long way" instead of the easy way like mostly everyone else even the biggest idiots
>Get called out on it
>People think I'm retarded because of it

I'm not retarded! I just can't really think fast in moments that require it!

Not having common sense is one of the most embarrassing traits you can have. I'd rather be a fat loser than not be able to come up with easy solutions in the appropriate situations.
>>
>>27169495

Can you share a couple specific examples? I think I may have an explanation but I need more data.
>>
>>27169495
you just have to work on things more than once

thats literally how every single problem in the world has been optimized
>>
>>27169495
ive been told by a couple people i lack common sense but i cannot for the life of me see how...
>>
>>27169495
OP, what ever you do, do not answer this guy! >>27169577

That shit's going to bite you in the ass if you keep feeding it data.
>>
>>27169577
>Chair is on the second row and on opposite end of the theatre and the entrance I came in from
>Decide to walk down the isle in front of everyone instead of just walking down the path in front of me and scooting by one person to sit down

Or

>Guy bagging my things at a gas station
>Asks me if I want my stuff in a bag
>"Yes please, except for that... and that..."
>Point at the fountain drink he was obviously not going to put in the bag
>Immediately realize how fucking stupid I look
I feel like I can attribute that one to my lack of social skills but I think it still counts

It still scares me because I think I'm going to get someone hurt one day because of it
>>
File: Thumbs Up Sex.jpg (126 KB, 900x815) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs Up Sex.jpg
126 KB, 900x815
>>27169610
I honestly can't tell if this is a joke or not, but I like it.
>>
>>27169663

The first one isn't a lack of common sense, you made the choice to not scoot by the person probably because you aren't very socially comfortable. I expected this answer because I sometimes do the same thing.

The second one is just a silly mistake. The cashier probably didn't care at all.

It doesn't really have anything to do with 'common sense', it is social acuity and comfortableness.
>>
>>27169737
Well, it's little things like that that really fuck with me. It only happens in social situations so maybe you're right, and it's not a lack of common sense

Do you know how can I fix it?
>>
File: received_891086944322615.jpg (120 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
received_891086944322615.jpg
120 KB, 1080x1920
>>27169785
I have a friend who I think may have some hidden mental disorder, his older brother is retarded so maybe his mother just has a shitty vag...

Anyway, he has a pretty weak mind and you can change his mind about something in less than a minute with shitty argumentation. Do you feel you have the same thing ?
>>
>>27169797
I used to be like that when I was in high school but not so much anymore. If you were a pretty girl or a popular guy it was pretty easy to convince me to do something I didn't want to do. I think it's a confidence issue for me, I don't feel confident about myself in social situations.

If that's the case then I guess I'm just part of the 99% here on /r9k/
>>
>>27169785

There are essentially two paths:

The first path is to put yourself outside of your comfort zone socially and cultivate a sense of confidence and ease in social situations. You don't seem so far gone that this wouldn't work.

The second path is to essentially learn the theoretic framework behind social interaction and treat it like a puzzle or a game. Try and detach your ego from the situation while being mindful of the signals your body is giving you. I would only recommend this path to autists and supreme emotional fuckups.
>>
>>27169856
I dont mean "make him do something he doesnt want to", I mean "brainwash him so he now likes/dislikes something he used to hate/love one week ago"
>>
>>27169881
This is actually good advice OP
>>
>>27169495
That doesn't mean you have no common sense. It just means that you are bad at real time reactions.
The cause of this is mostly stress. This is why people don't notice or can't think of certain things in the moment, your brain is focused too much on failing than it is on the real objective.
It's a pretty shitty trait to have, especially at school or certain work places. I also have it, though it is not as terrible as you describe yours.
>>
File: 1456826000562.jpg (96 KB, 500x730) Image search: [Google]
1456826000562.jpg
96 KB, 500x730
>>27169901
In that case no, I can't say I've had an issue like that

>>27169881

I never really thought of that. That makes sense, thanks

>>27169972
God damn that makes fucking sense. Walking the stage at my graduation was terrifying and it was all because I was afraid I'd fail. I've always been deathly afraid of failure.
>>
>>27170000
Everybody is afraid of failure, but most people just dont think about It, therefore they are not afraid. I dont know how you can just forget about It though, it's natural for me
>>
>>27169663
First one: if cashier looks at you funny or responds, you say "Yeah nah, last time I got a drink the cashier tried to put it in the bag! Pretty far out eh. Must have had a hell of a day." They you both laugh at this non-existent persons expense and everyone leaves happy.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.