[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Feeling like my life has gone to shit >Doing what is considered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: 1427414340546.jpg (16 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1427414340546.jpg
16 KB, 250x251
>Feeling like my life has gone to shit
>Doing what is considered a "Low-end" job
>Decide to see what all my old school friends are up to
>Create a fake facebook account
>Browse their profiles
>Nearly all of them have gotten fat
>Over 90% of them are employed in retail
>The remaining 10% have vague as fuck jobs listed

I feel much better about life.
You should do it, anons.
>>
Why would it matter what others' lives are like? If im knees deep in shit and an old classmate i havent met in 4 years is neck deep in shit, doesn't my shit still stink?
>>
>tfw you see the girl that bullied you fat and about to ding in the clothes you are buying
Good feels
>>
It's kind of nice, I guess?

IMO, the best way to boost your self-esteem is to go to a shopping mall in a random no-name town.

The utter...averageness of everyone is astounding.
>>
>>27169028
Well in my case it turned out that I was actually doing better than most of the people I knew years ago. It helps a fair bit when you think of that one guy or two who everyone said would "make it" and their profile is a picture of a bloated version of them hugging some landwhale with the job description "Manager at Tesco".
Its also nice to see all the people who bullied you being failures.

To be honest, it puts things in perspective a little. I bumped into someone I used to know and he wouldn't shut up about how fucking amazing his life is and how all these doors are opening for him etc etc...checked his Facebook and it turns out he's a cashier at McDonalds and is dating some pig creature.
>>
>>27168867
>Facebook
>education: hog warts school of wizardry
>work: ninja school xD
>>
File: Progress1.jpg (249 KB, 1158x1066) Image search: [Google]
Progress1.jpg
249 KB, 1158x1066
>>Doing what is considered a "Low-end" job

What kind of work do you do anon? Do you make enough to support your lifestyle?
>>
>>27169103
I joined the Royal Military Police when I was 19, everyone I knew said I was a failure since the military is for "Fuck Ups" (My Parents had been really supportive however since my dad was ex-RMP)
I'm now working in the Police with no intention of climbing the ladder since I enjoy the everyday work. Its considered a pretty thankless job for the "Power hungry retards".

I saved during my time in the RMP and own a small house, nothing amazing but nothing fancy.
>>
File: 1456435882975.jpg (7 KB, 205x249) Image search: [Google]
1456435882975.jpg
7 KB, 205x249
>play magic with three friends
>dropped out of highschool and moved away from them
>get a job at taco bell and move in with friends from the card shop
>two of my old group still hang out, the other also moved away
>NONE of them ever contact me and I realize all of us had a onesided relationship and I was the only one who wanted their friendship
>message them on facebook to meet up at the card shop and catch up
>the two that were actual friends work at fucking micky ds making LESS than I do even though I get shat on for not graduating
>the third is a cringey facebook drama queen
>deactivate facebook and decide to never speak to them again

feels SO fuckin good
>>
>>27169140
Any long term goals? Any plans to try and start your own business or apply your skills somewhere else?

Cool that you own a house. Any pics to show?
>>
>>27169168

ok but you still work at taco bell?
>>
>>27169180
meh I focus my life on hobbies and only work for money, I know that Im better off than people who thought they were better than me because they worked harder while I skipped school to sleep in

I have good friends, loving family, can buy anything I want, eat whatever I want, look they way I want to, and live the way I want to
>>
>gone to high achieving schools since I was little
>look up my old yearbooks
>all my old nerd friends have gfs, all the popular kids went to ivy leagues and joined frats, all the girls still look out of my league
There was one single mother and one girl who was married already, that's pretty much it. Everything else served to remind me of my failure at life
>>
>>27169212

Right on, I've got nothing against working low end jobs. As long as the co-workers are cool. It's just that where I live a lot of the fast food joints are notorious for having super cliquey, toxic, work environments. I'm sure it's different elsewhere though.
>>
>>27169172
No long term goals honestly. I saved money and live off my savings for the moment since I only just started with the Police a few months back as a Special (The local dept. wasn't hiring so I decided to join as a Special until they recruit again).
I've never been one for thinking above what I'm worth, I'm happy to earn enough to survive and do a job that I think matters (many would disagree with me).

I did play with doing painting for a little since I used to enjoy Warhammer, but I could never get my skills up to scratch to sell the models I'd paint.
>>
>>27169237
Im usually the loner at work, I keep to myself and do my work well till its time to leave, works just a job

right now im focused on going out with random girls when im not working to find someone whos up to my standards
>>
File: 9.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1440
>>27169241
>I'm happy to earn enough to survive and do a job that I think matters (many would disagree with me).

I'm completely with you. A job that you like or is interesting or fulfilling to you is much better than one that pays more or is more prestigious. You spend a third of life sleeping and another third at work, why not like what you do?

>I did play with doing painting for a little since I used to enjoy Warhammer, but I could never get my skills up to scratch to sell the models I'd paint.
Have you ever been a business oriented person? Painting models to any standard could be a worthwhile venture or at least a decent hobby. Creating a website and doing any basic commission you can get your hand on would go great, and the more you paint the better you get.

My goal was to start a hobby store, have it be a place where you can come and build terrain and pay for what you use like a build-a-bear.
>>
File: IMG_0114.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0114.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>27169300
A store like that would do wonders for tabletop communities, especially when places like GW charge a fortune for their products.

The only thing I ever sold was this model on ebay. I like the idea of doing more but I don't know if I'd want to turn a hobby into a job, my mum draws peoples pets for a living and turns a pretty good amount of money from it but she does say that sometimes she'd rather do it for the pleasure.
>>
>>27168867
>did this recently
>one of them is a professional athlete earning hundreds of thousands in 1 fucking year
>the other one is in the air force and good looking as fuck
>others are average people like kindergarteners
>I'm a neet without friends
>>
File: 3.jpg (435 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
435 KB, 1080x810
>>27169358
You could always just take commissions at whatever pace you wanted, or paint for pleasure and list them for sale on a website. Do you live near any hobby shops? Do they have bulletins you could stick your information on and test the waters out?
>>
>>27169419
Yeah that is a good idea to be honest. I'll need to see what my local non-GW store is.

Thanks Anon
>>
File: 2.jpg (358 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
358 KB, 1080x810
>>27169443
Np, I forgot to mention but that is actually a well done model. How long did that take you? I'd love to see an army painted to this quality. It's perfect tabletop

What would you price something like that you think?
>>
>>27168867
>implying I compare well to my peers
It's just going to get worse in the future.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.