[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEET thread Normies stay out, whiny kissles normies stay out.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 1358504236478.png (615 KB, 554x480) Image search: [Google]
1358504236478.png
615 KB, 554x480
NEET thread
Normies stay out, whiny kissles normies stay out.

>Go to bathroom
>Cook food
>Drink water
>Turn on ps3
>Open up generals (agdg,dadg,egg,dsg,ss13g,mlpg)
>Watch a show while playing a game, then eat
>Continue watching stuff and playing games
>Don't really do anything else sans eating,fapping and pissing

I've been doing this every day for the last 4 years.
>>
Try learning a skill

Put in 20 minutes to an hour per day for the next month. See where it gets you.
>>
>sleep 7 hours
>eat some chips
>drink some water
>sleep another 4 hours
>wake up and browse /r9k/ for 30 minutes
>sleep another 6 hours
>/r9k/ for 2 hours
Back to sleep pretty soon.
So this is life huh?
>>
File: 2hnds.png (731 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
2hnds.png
731 KB, 499x499
>>27168289

>NEET
>No education
>Live with parents
>parents are giving me unsubtle hints that I should get out
>Tried to make money online
>Could only make a few bucks
>Don't know what to do

I'm thinking of using my last thousand or so dollars to prepare for homelessness.
>>
>>27168350
What did you do to try to make money online?
>>
>>27168289
It maybe feels normal for a while, just wait until you get older. Around late 30, 40 and you will try to kill yourself by jumping off the bridge.
>>
>>27168375

Run a tumblr blog, do surveys, that type of stuff. It's not worth the time.
>>
File: 1369906601196.gif (94 KB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1369906601196.gif
94 KB, 325x244
>>27168322

I tried, but every time I manage to get bored and do something else

>Like 80 or so pages into a SFML book (This is the longest I've ever read a book, and I'm really just skimming and copying code)
>The part is rather boring and it talks about shit I don't even really use all that often
>Start remembering that time where I stole a bunch of PDAs in vgstation and convinced security that there was changelings on board
>Close pdf, open ss13, switch to DS9
[hours later]
>FUCKIN' SEC JUST ARRESTED 4 NO RAISIN
>HA HA HOUSE OF QUARKS IS SUCH A GOOD EPISODE
>>
>>27168350
Making money online. Are you retard?
>>
File: 2dkkke.jpg (44 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
2dkkke.jpg
44 KB, 550x535
>>27168423

>It's retarded to try free things which require no educational background.
>It's not retarded to take out a giant loan to go to college on the hope you might get a job
>>
>>27168422
>The part is rather boring and it talks about shit I don't even really use all that often
I meant to say it's just boring.
>>
>>27168422
Pick something you truly want to do. Say if you want to draw nice trees, practice drawing.

Enjoyment, consistency and not burning out are the keys to success.
>>
>>27168442
Its maybe true
But it have a bigger chance for me to have a "better" background if i try to make living. If there is a chance i will fucking take it, life is pointless anyway.
You knew that is nothing is free right?
>>
>>27168485
What if there is nothing I really want to do?
>>
>>27168485
I want to make a games, it's just that programming isn't enjoyable at all unless everything works and it takes a really long time.

I get all excited by the prospect of completing a game and then 10 minutes into learning how I immediately go do something else, it's pretty much the same with every I try to do, in rare cases I might spend a considerable amount of time doing something before just not doing it for a week or longer before going back at it again and being demoralized by how little work I've done.

Playing vidya and watching tv is almost hypnotic for me, I just open up FTL and some show let thours slip by, then go to sleep at like 11 AM.
>>
>>27168541
Think hard about it.

Keep a notepad for a few days and write down everything you find interesting but can't do.
>>
>>27168562
The make games then you whiny piece of shit. At least you have aspirations. I've given up on everything
>>
>>27168581
I have tried the things I thought I really wanted to do but it never lasted long.
I was so bad at it in the beginning so that trying to learn just a little bit felt like a chore and after a while I just quit.
>>
File: 1457252627941.jpg (21 KB, 411x358) Image search: [Google]
1457252627941.jpg
21 KB, 411x358
>>27168289
>mfw I spilled an old piss bottle in my clothes
>>
>>27168562
>before just not doing it for a week or longer

This is where you need to be consistent. The easiest way is to set a time to do something (maybe after your shower or breakfast in the morning) and then do it. After a while it will become a natural part of your day. Even if some days you spend five minutes on it, it's still progress

>being demoralized by how little work I've done.
I usually combat this by keeping a reasonable record of my progress. But an easier way is to just think about right now. How much knowledge do you have now, before you started? That shows you have made progress since then that you would absolutely not have made had you decided not to start.

Anyway, it's not something you have to do. But I was in a similar position and it was one of the simple things I did that made me feel a lot better.

>>27168605
Maybe try setting your goals lower. Don't set your writing goal at "instant /lit/ classic", set it at "put together a paragraph that kind of makes sense"
>>
how do you get money? do your parents support you or what
>>
I'm a normie, I'm here lol u mad OP

WHAT U GONA DO BITCH
>>
>>27168865
Autismbux.
I live in a shitty cheap apartment, I spend most of my day inside my room and go outside sometimes for like around an hour at night, usually to do weird shit.

I couldn't live with someone and act as depraved as I do.
>>
Real NEET hours
You know what late morning might be real NEET hours
>>
File: 0_fucking_dmg.gif (237 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
0_fucking_dmg.gif
237 KB, 320x320
>>27169217
>9AM
>playing TTRPGs with people online
It really is. At least NEET life means timezones matter less.
>>
>>27168350
You could always kill yourself. If I ever get kicked out I will either hang myself or jump off a bridge.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.