[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stupid shit you used to think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: violence cat.gif (1011 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
violence cat.gif
1011 KB, 267x200
This thread is for stupid shit you used to think. It can be for things you thought as a child, or things you misunderstood later in life. I will share two such examples:

>When I was a little kid, I thought that when people had sex, the penis would fall off and that would develop into the baby and I would have to regrow my penis like a gecko. I also thought people could regenerate lost limbs in general.

I was not a smart child. in fact, I was pretty retarded.

Now for an example from later in life...

>For almost a year I thought S J W stood for Single Jewish Woman and wondered how all those tumblr cunts could be Jewish.

So, let's see if anyone else is half as retarded as I am?
>>
That communism was even remotely a good idea.
>>
That I could beat the odds
>>
>>27167351
Same, glad I dropped that shit a long while ago
>>
>>27167279
That life would be good or that I would be happy or that my family wouldn't fall apart. Probably should have started to become bitter and hateful young, then at least I would be used to it by now.
>>
>>27167279
I was really fucking stupid.
>gender was just what chest you had and everyone had a penis
>thought college was a place that just put you to a job
>thought cancer work like aids and you could get infected if someone had it
>sex was some weird kissing ritual
>first time I actually cum I thought I was bleeding white blood cells, started to panic and my girlfriend had to clam me down and explain to me that it was cum while she was still naked and it was dripping off her.

I was such a retard.
>>
That life works like it does in movies/tv shows/books

I think I got my dose of reality a little too late and that's why I'm here.
>>
File: 1368923733818.gif (204 KB, 404x416) Image search: [Google]
1368923733818.gif
204 KB, 404x416
>>27167279
>Single Jewish Woman
That's actually not that far off.
>>
>>27167279
I used to thinking having a child was literally magic up until seventh grade. I thought parents petitioned God through prayer and he was like bang miracle there you go a kid.
>>
>>27167279
I used to think that the Bible was the literal truth and that the Abrahamic God existed
>>
>>27167537
How the fuck did you never cum before that point?
>>
>>27167279
>>For almost a year I thought S J W stood for Single Jewish Woman and wondered how all those tumblr cunts could be Jewish.
>implying you were wrong
*rubs hands*
>>
>>27167279
I used to think humans only lived up to 20 years old and I thought it was possible to regrow limbs.
>>
Because my dad is 6ft 7 I thought all people got to be that tall only to realise once I got to 16, 17 yrs old at 6ft 1ish that's as tall the average person gets to be.

Can't believe my dad marriage someone so fucking tiny, and that my sister is the same height as me.
>>
I used to think that if you pulled a face and the wind changed that you actually would be stuck with that face (which is what parents would say to me)... so sometimes I'd be a madman and go in the wind pulling faces

also with the 'feathers will fall at same rate as lead' I thought my teachers were all in on some joke or something, then I thought maybe they eventually gain the same speed while the lead doesn't gain anymore speed... but then I realised what they actually said back then was that "100kg" of feathers would drop the same speed as "100kg" of lead. always thought it was a bag of feathers would drop the same as a bag of lead... baffled me for a long while though, thought about it up for a few years everytime I played with a feather on the ground or something.. then saw limmy's show skit about the same thing and realised that I just didn't listen to the question properly

Also I always thought submarine cables (they'd have signs like 'danger: submarine cables' on side of rivers and you could see from road driving past) were some cable designed to kill submarines if they ever invaded.. because in WW2 submarines were one of ways they attacked australia. So I thought maybe they just put these cables in rivers and shit incase a submarine ever came again, so it would run into it and the cable did something.
>>
I thought goats were just male sheep.
Still say they are because it's that ingrained into my memory.
>>
Where I live, you can see mountains on the horizon. I used to think they were giants lying down when I was little.
>>
>>27167580
Until I was 20, I wondered why my life wasn't as spectacularly intricate as tv/movies/books, my conversations with people weren't riddled with memorable quotes and sage wisdom and complexity as seen in Hollywood. I thought my life was so bland in comparison and that I'd never amount to anything even remotely sensational.

I still think that way sometimes, but it's l i t e r a l l y propaganda. Hard to shake, but I'm glad I've realized it.
>>
>>27167279
>thought that "taking it in the ass" meant doggy style
>thought that people with disabilities were contagious, and would literally flee if I saw a cripple or a person in a wheelchair
>>
>>27167279
Later in life:
>When I was new to 4chan, I thought all tripfags were on the same side and there was a constant battle between anons and tripfags.

>>27167883
>thought having a child was literally magic
>parents petitioned God through prayer and he was like bang miracle there you go a kid
I thought that until I was about 13-14 even though the mechanism was already taught in school at that point. Until about age 11, I thought God simply created kids. After that, I knew sex is the way but still thought God intervened. I wasn't even particularly religious for most of the time.
>>
As a child I was quite sure that I would someday figure out immortality and never die.

In the back of my mind I still sort of hope it.
>>
>>27169770

>...I thought all tripfags were on the same side and there was a constant battle between anons and tripfags.

Some newfags still think this.
>>
>>27167918
>I used to think that the Bible was the literal truth and that the Abrahamic God existed
Go back to R*ddit.
>>
>>27169947
Yeah this is a Christian board
>>
>27167580
>Watched Saved by the Bell as a kid
>Was convinced secondary school was going to be exactly like it, even the fucking colour scheme of everyone's clothes
Wew lad, Augest 31 2004 was one of the biggest shocks of my life
>>
>>27168552
>Tall girl
Pics
>>
>>27169431
Wait, goats aren't male sheep....... I mean, I k.....knew that
>>
File: 1410061341921.png (71 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1410061341921.png
71 KB, 500x332
I used to think that during sex the man peed inside the woman, and that's what got her pregnant.
>>
That women were good people, boy was I wrong.
>>
>>27169602
In fairness, doggy still looks like anal sex from nearly every angle and even though regards aren't contagious I, I do to a rehab clinic and I bring my own cup for water and coffee cause I don't want to use ones they've used. Even though it's impossible and insulting, my head tells me I'll get their germs, I'm not even a germophobe
>>
>>27167351
Let me guess, you bought a Che shirt and thought you were cool. Read a fucking book. Communism is single best idea anyone has ever come up with, the problem is dumb kids like you who have it as a phase ruin anyone with actual knowledge.
>>
The world was in black and white in the old days then changed to color in like 1960 somehow
>>
>>27167279
>>When I was a little kid, I thought that when people had sex, the penis would fall off and that would develop into the baby and I would have to regrow my penis like a gecko. I also thought people could regenerate lost limbs in general.

I thought the red thing under my foreskin (glans) was the sperm and would be propelled into the vagina.
>>
>>27170370
Communism is fucking amazing on paper but it can never work
>>
>>27170401
>Be Irish
>When ever I'd see a dick on an American film I'd no idea what the Fuck was wrong with their dick
>>
>>27170408
If you're going to say human nature, keep in mind that human nature is relative to the material conditions of the era you live in. Communism will always be Utopian and cannot exist until those conditions are met. That time will come once AI and technology get to a point where production can be fully automated and everyone can have their needs met.
>>
When I was a young bitter virgin, I thought that one day I will find my true soulmate and it will be love at first sight. I also thought hookers are disgusting.

Now I have sex with hookers and enjoy it, because fuck that true love shit. It doesn't exist.
>>
I used to believe women could orgasm, secreting non-pee liquid in a jet...
I used to believe that there was some special evidence for religion that adults were forbidden from telling children about.
I used to believe that a girl could be "forever alone", but the longest I saw one go was three years.
I used to believe that teenagers were all evil people and that I'd be a pious one at 13.
I used to think the sky was blue because it reflected water, never wondering why it was blue in the middle of the Sahara Desert.
I used to think my Dad was at fault for working 18 hours per day, commuting an hour each way.
I used to think the seniors in my highschool were full-blown adults.
I used to wonder if I was the only person in the universe, but I decided there's no good way to prove it, and that it's only logical that I am.
I used to think that everyone else could talk to Jesus while praying, and that I was somehow evil and unwanted for not hearing voices in my head.
I used to look into a mirror and wonder if I was just a reflection.
I used to think that Gravity was instantaneous, and information about it travelled across the universe in real-time.
I used to think that there was no such thing as 'destiny', until I realized a perfect physical simulation of the universe can perfectly predict the future.
>>
>>27170451
You're not wrong but I don't want to live through that transactional period. Reveloution and the defient uprising can happen when I'm dead or senile
>>
>>27167279
When I was a kid, like 4 or 5, I was molested by one of my brothers older friends (haven't even told anyone this b4 irl). I was worried for the longest time that I was going to get pregnant or have aids.

is funny cause i am boy
>>
File: zYmzzop.jpg (164 KB, 1080x1312) Image search: [Google]
zYmzzop.jpg
164 KB, 1080x1312
>>27170640
Forgot pic, also AMA
>>
I thought men put their penises in a girl's butt and peed to get her pregnant.
>>
When I was a kid I thought if someone shaved their head bald the hair would never grow back, probably because I was associating being bald with cancer or some shit
>>
I thought that it was possible to lose weight by diet and excercising
>>
As a kid i thought i was on my period becuase of some commercial on tv mentioning the symptoms and belived everyone had it. Im sure thats pretty common tho. All i could think about
>>
>>27167351
I can understand you. Someone told me a comunist governtment gave everyone the same amount of money so there were no rich or poor people, as a really poor 10 years old whose parents couldn't even afford to buy me an used Game Boy it seemed like a wonderfull idea.
>>
>>27170386
>people that didn't read an old book or saw old paintings on their entire childhoods.
>>
>>27168552
>6ft 1ish

average person

> 6ft 1ish

>lol you freakish giants
>>
>>27168552
I want to fuck your sister anon.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.