[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are you supposed to get by if you have absolutely no confidence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 14
File: benin.jpg (240 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
benin.jpg
240 KB, 960x720
How are you supposed to get by if you have absolutely no confidence and the lowest possible self-esteem?
>>
I started by lowering my expectations for life.
>>
>>27166136
You have a few options

1: Accept Christ as your savior

2: Amphetamines

3: Alcohol
>>
>>27166176
I feel legitimately proud when I finish a phone convo without stuttering once.

Are they not low enough already?
>>
>>27166401
>can finish a phone convo without stuttering once
holy shit, you're better off than I thought
>>
>>27166136

that feeling when you will never be a teenager drinking in obscure drinking holes in the park with other teenage qts and your friends in the cool autumn weather.
>>
>>27166136
Accepting that as long as you have food and a warm place to sleep then you have it made. Expecting your life to be great or even good is a very recent modern way of thinking.

Also buy a gun so if you finally snap then you at least get your 15 seconds of fame.
>>
File: 1445040889066.jpg (51 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
1445040889066.jpg
51 KB, 500x532
>>27166418
Then I quickly realise I forgot to ask for extremely important information because I was too eager to end the call.
>>
>>27166309
what's christ ever done for me
>>
>>27166492
>Accepting that as long as you have food and a warm place to sleep then you have it made.

Not really. It would have been better if I hadn't been born. Just having the means to survive doesn't actually make me happy.
>>
become a benzo addict or alcoholic and you won't care about anything
>>
File: jesus saving the lost sheep.gif (85 KB, 300x355) Image search: [Google]
jesus saving the lost sheep.gif
85 KB, 300x355
>>27166510
>brought you into a world full of natural beauty
>died for your sins of fapping and cursing his most sacred name
>left a record of his love for you to discover him and worship him
>>
>>27166510
Created everything you've ever known and experienced. It ain't all good, but it's all good enough. You gotta think long term and try to give him him a chance. I know it can be hard but you should try. Maybe we're not the masters, maybe we serve something higher. The Chads Stacies and Robots are all equal before God
>>
File: 1402187331300.jpg (21 KB, 372x260) Image search: [Google]
1402187331300.jpg
21 KB, 372x260
>>27166628
>.gif
>stare for a minute
>nothing happens
how could you?
>>
>>27166136
The normals will tell you to improve yourself but I have discovered that it doesn't work.
Apparently I don't have confidence or esteem in others either, so its not like I can emulate my idea of the perfect person.

Confidence is just arrogance, you have to be spoiled for it.
>>
failed normie reporting

>used to not get shy around girls
>wreaked of confidence
>didnt get laid till after highschool
>was also somewhat confident
>time goes by
>end up living in town with no friends
>go to work and go home and play vidya
>lose all confidence and motivation for women
>near the beach so I see all the sloots right now
>literally I get nervous around people now
>never used to be this way
>now everytime I go out in public I think they are thinking and talking about me
>I realize of course no one is going to focus on me out of many and sit and talk about me
>have low self confidence because I see a bunch of thundercock chads walking around with women like fashion accessories

I don't know man, if you have no confidence than you have no drive. Its as simple as that. In order for someone to even put themselves out on the market requires confidence. Tinder requires confidence.
I hate myself nowadays but when people talk to me, they most likely think im repulsed by them because I barely look them in the eye.
Unless someone is respectful and kind to me I will be back, but most times roasties and chad's are always complete fucking dicks and Ill be a blown out asshole right back.

I just lost all hope in humans. I don't see myself getting married either but oh well.
>>
File: jesus and sheep.jpg (18 KB, 280x428) Image search: [Google]
jesus and sheep.jpg
18 KB, 280x428
>>27166656
what happens is Jesus and the sheep became buddies.
>>
Work toward what you want to do in life. It's as simple.

Baby steps. Nothing comes quickly though, it'll take time to develop confidence and get comfortable with yourself but you have to keep going forward.

Also be honest with yourself about why you have self-esteem issues. People always lie to themselves to make it easier, I see no point in doing that.

Or you could just do nothing and regret it all at 65. That scares me more than not having tried, fucking hell. You see it here all the time 'If only I had have done that in high school' 'If I only I spoke to that qt who was smiling at me' 'If I had only saved money now NEET life might be a bit better as I'd have some more cash to fall back on etc.'

I've improved over the years, since summer of 2012, it's been slow but surely I've made progress on myself with hiccups along the way.
>>
>>27166835
>Work toward what you want to do in life

How are you supposed to find out what you want to do in the first place?

Everything that I could realistically achieve either seems too demanding for someone as useless as me or straight up dreadful.
>>
>>27166764
if me and jesus are buddies why's he watching me flail around down here

he's gonna be mad when i kill myself, i don't want that
>>
File: good shepherd.jpg (111 KB, 800x730) Image search: [Google]
good shepherd.jpg
111 KB, 800x730
>>27167153
the sheep will always be lost if it wonders away from its shepherd. you have to choose him as he's chosen you.
>>
Slowly build your confidence little by little you'll prove yourself to you and that's all that really counts after that no one can take that away
>>
>>27166764
made me giggle, thanks mate
>>
>>27167226
I'm already in shitty standing with jesus

I masturbate
I say "god damnit"
I think lustfully of women
I covet thy neighbor's goods

I've broken the rules and he won't forgive me

what's the point of even having rules if you're allowed to break them and then just "forgive"?

>You have heard that it was said, "Do not commit adultery." But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
>Matthew 5:27-28

I'm done for
>>
File: 1456871831978.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456871831978.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
>>27167302
>you'll prove yourself to you and that's all that really counts
how can I think I'm good when no one else does? it doesn't make sense.
>>
Honestly, you need a mentor. I didn't notice any improvement in my life until I became friends (by way of dorming, not my own initiative) with a very social person who showed me how things work/how not to act retarded.
>>
>>27166628
>brought me into the world
I already have a reason to hate him.
>>
>>27167315
>"he won't forgive me"
>Christianity is literally all about God's forgiveness
baka famalam
>>
>>27167557
THEN WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT OF THE RULES

WHY DID GOD SMITE PEOPLE FOR CUMMING ON THE GROUND
>>
>>27167582
I think in the hawly Bible it says "spill your seed" or something like that, so either GOD doesn't know how human reproduction works or cumming on the ground is irrelevant.
>>
>>27167582
You're still supposed to be moral, but to err is human, so God, Christians believe, is forgiving/graceful/ect
Also, if you're Catholic, you usually have to atone in this world (confession and whatnot)
>>
>>27167615
Genesis 38:6-10
>Judah got a wife for Er, his firstborn, and her name was Tamar. But Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the Lord's sight; so the Lord put him to death.

>Then Judah said to Onan, "Sleep with your brother's wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to raise up offspring for your brother." But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother's wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother. What he did was wicked in the Lord's sight; so the Lord put him to death also.

old testament God is a jerk who smites people for fun
>>
>>27167680
I like it how back then having problems in bed was enough reason for GOD ALMIGHTY to take matters in his own hands, now he barely does jack shit and works in mysterious ways/ not at all.
>>
>>27167342
Why are you so superficial? You don't need anyone else's approval You care too much of what other people think of you and that's what holds you back when you succeed accomplish something it'll make you feel good like you're doing something going somewhere and you can't deny that to anyone not even yourself so it'll build you up and your confidence
>>
File: haha benis.png (34 KB, 326x494) Image search: [Google]
haha benis.png
34 KB, 326x494
hej welele
>>
>>27167721
>You don't need anyone else's approval
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE

this is extremely easy to say when you are not 100% alone, it's easy to say when you have SOMEONE that likes you for you

it's easy to say "be true to yourself" when "yourself" is naturally liked by others

don't tell me I'm fucking superficial. if literally nobody else can see value in me, how the FUCK am I supposed to believe that I have value? if I have value, why can't anyone see it?

I want validation, I want to be told I'm good, I want someone to look me in the fucking eyes and tell me "yes you are good enough" but this isn't something you can relate to because it comes so nice and naturally to people like you

fuck you. don't make assumptions about me. you don't know me.
>>
>>27166136
An hero

also original post desu
>>
>>27167771
This. Fucking normies don't have the slightest clue of what they are talking about.
>>
>>27167712
sometimes i wonder how we can be arrogant enough to judge the actions/decisions of someone said to be an all-knowing being
>>
File: 1366253207115.jpg (30 KB, 500x409) Image search: [Google]
1366253207115.jpg
30 KB, 500x409
>>27167357
>tfw no kind chad mentor to ascend me
>tfw live at home
>tfw cant afford to live on campus
>>
>>27167814
If GOD didn't want us to Mr. Allknow would have built us differently.
>>
>>27166732
Literally almost the same story here. We'd probably get along assuming we could break the initial barrier.
>>
File: 1446227892932.jpg (121 KB, 793x391) Image search: [Google]
1446227892932.jpg
121 KB, 793x391
>>27167878
thisissupposetobeanimageonlyreplyffs
>>
>>27167983
I think he's saying "if God didn't want us to question him, he would have made us differently"
>>
>>27166136
Smoke weed. Drink some more. Pretend that no one cares, and eventually no one will.
>>
>>27167771
You're alone cause you think like this
Stop hating yourself

I'm a 5'3 male people tell me I can't do shit all the time

You're gonna have to prove it to yourself because who else are you gonna prove it to if you're so alone
You have no choice
kys or do something about it
Either way it's all up to you not someone else
>>
>>27168131
>Stop hating yourself
why

why should I

give me a reason

give me a reason beyond some feel-good crap like "you owe it to yourself"
>>
>>27168131
>Stop hating yourself

That's difficult to do when you're utterly incompetent
>>
>>27168183

Self-hate is regressive when its amorphous 'im bad :^(' sort of hate.
Think of the qualities you hate about yourself the most. Start with melodrama, since it tends to apply.
Once you have melodrama under control, you will be able to see with more lucidity the order in which you have to overcome these qualities, an order which will be particular to yourself.
The second one will be the hardest, since melodrama is all in your heda.
>>
I hate how you fucks think you have it so hard. people don't like you? maybe you're an unlikeable fuck. or maybe it's you who doesn't like other people. accept your lot in life. find a job you're good at. or at least a job that allows you to be the miserable fuck you are and make enough money to be miserable another day.

don't call people chads and normies just because they can do basic shit like relate and empathize with others. you can be the goofiest, most awkward person in the world, but as long as you have empathy and compassion for others, they will see your value. and if you don't have those things? I dunno, become a cop.
>>
>>27168131
>delusional manlets

don't listen to this little boy's fantasies
>>
>>27166628
I still don't get the sheep/shepard imagery. Why is that supposed to be uplifting or relieving by any means?
>>
>>27167680
>>27167582
GOD is an asshole. But, he is an apologetic asshole. That's why he sends his Son to earth, who dies for our sins. From that point on, JESUS protects us from the worse of God's dickery. As long as you believe in JESUS to protect you from GOD'S UNDYING HATRED, you get in to heaven. JESUS is god's way of saying he loves us, because at all other times he absolutely hates us.
>>
>>27167771
Hate to pop your bubble but you have to have some self worth for you to be loved. Dig deep inside you and ask yourself, "if I was someone else, what reason would I have to care about me". The answer may surprise you!
>>
>>27168694
>if I was someone else, what reason would I have to care about me

Literally none
>>
>>27168703
>The answer may surprise you!
>Literally none
Nevermind!
>>
File: easter10c-shepherd.jpg (1 MB, 900x1300) Image search: [Google]
easter10c-shepherd.jpg
1 MB, 900x1300
>>27168395
Now the tax collectors and sinners were all gathering around to hear Jesus. But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them."

Then Jesus told them this parable: "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn't he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; l I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need not repent."

>even though Jesus already has a bunch of followers he'd leave them to find you and bring you home
>>
>>27169175
That parable really doesn't work on any level.

The thing is that shepards don't keep sheep out of sheer generocity and if he tries to find one that's lost it's always with self-interest on his mind, since losing one with be determent to his livelihood. I don't think I'd ever want to have the same relationship as shepard has with sheep, ever.

Also if shepard and/or Jesus were to endenger the well-being of tens in order to possibly save one, then it would make seem like they don't care about the ones that they already have/saved, making them self-righteous pricks.

Also the whole parable is extremely condescending and treats people like beings with no self-autonomy, a pure cattle that's just is too stupid and needs to be saved from themselves, which actually lines up well with some interpretations of christianity, but makes zero sense and is completely contradictory, because it takes away any kind of self-agency or free will from them, making the whole deal with "choosing to believe in Jesus" incompatible with the doctrine of heaven/hell, since handing out rewards/punishements based off things we had zero influence in is cruel and irrational to say at least.
>>
File: jesus knocking on the door.jpg (98 KB, 600x769) Image search: [Google]
jesus knocking on the door.jpg
98 KB, 600x769
>>27169357
You're overthinking this. Jesus loves you and is knocking on the door of your heart. Let him in anon.
>>
>>27169600
>don't think and be sheep

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll pass, still it was still a nice shitpost.
>>
>>27167771

I'm 25 years old, never had a girlfriend, don't have any friends and, by a rough estimation, talk to people on an average of 5 minutes a day.

The truth is, I'm pretty happy where I am now. The amount of free time I have for study and leisure is great. I've never been a social person and have always been happier on my own.

The way you think is pretty much the norm in society. Most people need to be connected to each other 24/7. They hang out with people all day, and when they find themselves alone, the grab their phones and start using social media. Anything to stave off the horrible silence.

They would probably wither away if they suddenly started living the same lifestyle I did.

But really, just because its the norm, doesn't mean it's right. The constant need to always have you back patted and memorized by conversation is pathetic. It forces people to always be distracted. And to never think about anything deeply. Just imagine these people going through life like a dream, oblivious to everything around them and then suddenly waking up, grey hair, and alone. For the first time in their lives, they are forced to confront the silence and go through the same existential angst I felt as a teenager, except it would be much worse at that age. I do not envy that.

Stop looking for happiness in other people. You will never find it.
>>
File: image.jpg (224 KB, 750x946) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224 KB, 750x946
>>27169357
when youre autistic and have no prior knowledge of the Bible your opinion doesn't matter
>>
>>27169357
>>27169618
>>27169895
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+2%3A8-20&version=NLT

like shouldnt you at least have a basic understanding of biblical imagery and symbolism?
>>
>>27167018
Take some quiet time to think of what really engages you, it's more than likely something you really enjoyed as a child.

Turn it into something to work towards.
Also having a negative attitude doesn't help. I know, I know 'You're useless' - stop thinking like that, it doesn't help. Try and fail, it's as simple as. No other way about it. Everyone has some kind of 'calling' they feel connected to, for me it's writing; I know that is what I'd love to do but I know it won't be so easy to achieve.
>>
File: the good shepherd.jpg (94 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
the good shepherd.jpg
94 KB, 1024x768
>>27169618
Jesus is still waiting for you.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays his life down for his sheep."
>>
>>27169895
>>27169931
>>27170022
You haven't explained shit. I can control + F bible and pull out sheep quotes all day long as well. What I'm asking is why that imagery is so persistent and why is it so used when it's rather condescending when you just scratch the surface.

Shepard clearly has an utilitarian relationship with its sheep, it's his livelihood, he cares about them because it's his means of survival, there's no grace, no love, so why would the lord choose such imagery when it shatteres below the shallowst layer of "Shepard protects sheep, god protects sinners, therefore lord is like shepard", but I guess calling me autistic might be good enough for you.
>>
>>27166136
I don't need confidence. I only want competence.
>>
Existential Crisis: the thread
>>
>>27170151
You're certainly very pedantic.

You do understand what a parable is right? The bible is not literally comparing people to sheep.
>>
>>27170460
I'm trying to get to what's being said. Shepard imagery is quite persistant through old and new testament and I just don't see it being very good one on any level beyond of what I already wrote as being acceptable. Parables are supposed to be analogic, but I just cannot graps properly the meat of the analogic part of it.

It's supposed to be a rather simple question, yet the only reply I seem to get is "You just don't understand".
>>
>>27170545
You've gotten replies ranging from "you're being ridiculous by over-analyzing and trying to literally interpret a parable", and "Jesus loves you".

There's nothing else to reply to you with. You're an example of the lost sheep, a good person but they're far from God because they have rejected him.
>>
>>27166628
>>27166651
Fuck off and die christfags.
You're just as bad as normalfags.
>>
>>27167357
>Honestly, you need a mentor.
No, people fucking don't.
In fact this is so accurate that the Buddhists made a successful system of philosophy entirely around this concept.
You don't need a mentor, you have to learn to live with your ego. No one else can do that for you.
>>
>>27170606
I wasn't trying to interpret the parable literally, I wasn't saying that people are meant to be literally sheep. I was asking what is the similarity between Lord/people and Shepard/sheep, because that's literally what analogy is supposed to do, comparing something based off similarities. If there is similarity it makes no sense.

Let's keep it actually very simple. If you make a parable/analogy then it's basically saying "This thing is similar to this", in which case my question is "In what way?" and then I expect reply that would say in what way are these two things similar. It's actually very simple concept to grasp.

So if you say that the parable is that Jesus loves you like shepard loves its sheep, which would be definately analogy, then it's rather poor one because shepard loves the sheep because its his means of survival, I wouldn't want the lord to think of me that way and I don't think anyone would mean it that way.

And if I am trully a lost sheep is even my fault or can I even influence it? I am just a sheep, I got lost from the flock, I don't have responsibility for myself, shepard didn't take care of my, he didn't guide me to the truth, he failed at his job, I am merely a grasseating animal kept for wool/milk and meat.
>>
>>27166401
>Are they not low enough already?
Well, are you getting disappointed much?
>>
>>27166136

Holy hell, this chick looks 1:1 like my past crush, she was russian too

fucking scary dude
>>
>>27168694
>but you have to have some self worth for you to be loved
And you have to get some love to have self worth.
If you run out of either, you're fucked, and then people like you will come stomp you out further.
>>
>>27166835
>Baby steps. Nothing comes quickly though
This is really fucking important. It's not like you can say "tomorow I will improve every aspect of my life". You can only improve yourself little to little. Maybe in a year, for example, you will look back and think "I am better now that I was then"
>>
>>27166136
do things that I can be satisfied with

>got a job after being unemployed for ages
This made me feel better and it helped with feeling inadequate 24/7. I can now say that I work a part-time wagecuck job instead of saying that I'm unemployed, and people will at least go, 'oh that guy's got a shitty job but at least he's not unemployed'.

>worked on being /fit/
I used to be self-conscious as fuck about dyel arms but now they're only slightly dyel and I'm not self-conscious of it anymore.

>actually study for once
>get 70% instead of fail
>see others fail
>after years of failing

these things all help

mind you I don't know how to get a friend or stop feeling shit about being friendless but hey at least I have money now
>>
Just become addicted to something, since you aren't addicted to life
>>
>>27167680
why doesn't the lord put anyone to death anymore?
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.