[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who here /longboard/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 20160314_174411.jpg (941 KB, 1161x2064) Image search: [Google]
20160314_174411.jpg
941 KB, 1161x2064
I rode down the ramps in my uni's garage. High speeds, 90 degree turns, almost fell off the damn roof a few times.
It was a rush. I dodged a couple cars that were turning a blind corner. Went to the library and was shaking so hard from the speed and the adrenaline. Never felt more alive in my life.
Highly recommend for robots having a stressful time and needing a quick physical and emotional boost. The rush is like drugs but legal.

Pic related: my beginners sector 9 bamboo deck, 10 inch double jointed gull wing trucks, 70 mm cloud ride wheels. They have no tread so I was powersliding the corners.
>>
I sometimes imagine going down an infinjte hill, faster and faster, with background music kindof popping in my head, with no one around just me and the board...
>>
File: tumblr_n0alz3Dxjb1r2l6ouo1_400.gif (499 KB, 394x246) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0alz3Dxjb1r2l6ouo1_400.gif
499 KB, 394x246
pssshhh hell naw get on a real board ya kook
>>
Do you ever feel ill-perceived by others whenever you're longboarding? In my town at least, there's a significant population of young skateboarders, and I feel like they always shit on longboarding.

Conversely,
>tfw you pass a fellow boardbro on the road and they compliment you
>>
>>27166560
I feel you. The uncontrollable speed is the most stimulating part I think. The whole thought of "if I screw up its gonna hurt" plus the air blowing in your face and the blur of everything around you that is now irrelevant.

I want to find some sick downhill roads I can skate down. But I live on a beachy area, mostly flat
>>
File: IMG954769.jpg (173 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG954769.jpg
173 KB, 960x1280
>>27166645
I do both. I just like to longboard when I'm alone at night.
>>
>>27166662
I got honked at and people gave me dirty looks. But I was in a tightly packed parking garage so I obviously didn't belong.

I mostly longboard at night so I don't know or care what anyone else perceives of me.
>>
get off the sector 9s and pintails man. Get yourself a Longboard Larry DK penguin or a rayne/loaded board.
>>
>>27166706
Shit I meant to post the one with my face blurred out. Oh well
>>
>>27166795
I have been looking at upgrading from sector 9. It's just cheap and bamboo, I got it when I was like 16 and it's just what I'm used to. I just want to do more research before I blow another 100 or so on a new board.
I kind of dig the Pintail though. I'm not a big fan of Longboards with tails. I like to rely on hard turns rather than kick turns.
>>
File: 20160314_225555.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160314_225555.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
Found this bad boy in a pile of scrap wood behind my dad's house. Took about a cup of glue and a dozen screws and a few filed down popsicle sticks to get it in working order but it gets me around in the summer.
>>
I like to go out between 2 and 4 a.m., that way I can skate straight down the middle of city streets, and into blind corners. I live in a hilly area, in a rural city so there's never anyone out late.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.