[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's a mature (40+) student FUCK OFF BACK TO THE NURSING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 11
File: 1454503011900.jpg (14 KB, 409x419) Image search: [Google]
1454503011900.jpg
14 KB, 409x419
>it's a mature (40+) student

FUCK OFF BACK TO THE NURSING HOME I DON'T WANT YOU IN MY GROUP
>>
You must go to community college, at a real school its rare to see anyone over the age of 25.
>>
>>27165647
I go to a university but I'm a grad student
>>
>>27165660

a public university i bet, which are basically community colleges
>>
>>27166272
I don't live in the Cucked States of America
>>
As an older student, I kept to myself and got the fucking work done.

Also, if I had to ask a question, I asked it in a concise manner, unlike the juveniles that could barely string a sentence together

"Um, um, um, yunno, so yeah um um like lime"

Shit up you fucking morons
>>
File: 1390676080234.jpg (47 KB, 403x392) Image search: [Google]
1390676080234.jpg
47 KB, 403x392
Why are the older students always so fucking stupid? The questions they ask are fucking ridiculous and they're non-stop.
>>
>>27165628
Older students are usually bro-tier as fuck though.
>will give you rides to shit
>usually has their own place, which can be useful for late night study sessions
>sometimes the women are thirsty as fuck

What's not to love?
>>
>>27166559
>sorry guys, can't really help with the group work
>muh wife
>muh kids
>muh work (everyone else has a job too)

Why are they even at school if they don't have the time?
>>
>>27166606
i guess when u grow older u stop giving a fuck
>>
>>27166788
>>27166606
>graduate math class
>quadratic formula is used as a basic example of something
>older student puts his hand up
>whole class knows what's coming
>he'd never seen this formula in his life
>professor has to explain every term in it
>he still sounded like he didn't understand but gave up
>>
>>27166606
Many of them really are dumber. That aside, they spent many more years in the workforce earning money, so they have a better idea of the value of a dollar. They see the relationship between student and teacher more as customer service. That's also why older students tend to sit in the front of the class.

Personally I think that's all well and good, until they do things like interrupt lecture every 5 minutes with a stupid question because they think they're entitled to do so. What they don't realize is that everybody else in the lecture hall paid for the course too.
>>
>>27166868
Maybe they should read a book to try and answer their dumb questions instead of holding up everyone else's learning
>>
I'm a 32 year old robot in community college. I think it's funny to see people's reactions. Professors usually like me though.

>>27166772
It's the same with students in their 20's. Everyone is in a relationship or even has kids.

Sometimes I feel like the only age 30+ single guy who's never had gf in the whole 20k+ student population.
>>
>32
>about to return to uni
>will grab all the hot 18 year olds for myself
>>
>>27166933
>>27166937
It's not really the 30 year olds, it's more the 40 or 50+ guys. Never really had a problem with anybody below that age but all of them older than that are fucking annoying
>>
>>27166960
Actually desu since I'm mid 20s I prefer them because they're more motivated than 18 year old shitheads
>>
>>27166937

I'm 30 I recently graduated, but a couple months ago in a class a teacher asked how old I was and when I said 30 many 20 year old girls all of the sudden started checking me out, for real
>>
>>27166859
This is bait right? That's literally middle school level.
>>
>>27166272
Get your fucking nose out of the air. A degree is a degree. What's your major btw?
>>
>>27167103
You forget a lot stuff that you haven't used it in years, and learning becomes harder as you age.

I honestly feel bad for them.
>>
>>27166772
It's always the fucking chicks too.

I'm 32 and I had to take a child psychology class for my nursing major. It's like a class of 30 people: 28 were chicks and 90% were single moms. I sat next to a girl in her late 20's who constantly kept talking about her divorce and court dates. She spoke rudely to people like she knew everything, and it was so fucking obvious why her husband was divorcing her roastie ass. The other girl next to me was a 19 year old with kids, but luckily her bf/baby daddy still stuck around for her.

Thankfully once I got into the program itself the stupid brand of cumdumpsters disappeared. The girls in my cohort are cool as hell.

>>27166937
Didn't work for me because I'm an absolutely ugly fuck and recovering lifetime sperg, but yeah I could imagine 32 year old Chad or even a normal looking guy slaying 18 year old pussy left and right. The younger girls show off so much skin that it's ridiculous.
>>
>it's a non-trad ex-military student chimes in to share his opinion and "tell it like it is" class

God, gen ed was such hell
>>
I don't mind them asking questions, but it seems like so often they interrupt the class to correct the teacher or tell some stupid fucking anecdote nobody cares about.
>>
>tfw had to leave after one semester due to money
>know the exact type of old weird counts ITT
>still need to take classes the foundation of which will be vague in my mind
>20 now and won't be able to return until I'm 21 and I'll be the old weird count everyone hates

It's scary and stopping me from wanting to go back.
>>
>>27168596
At that age you're fine. A lot of people take time off after grading from high school to travel or do other bullshit.
>>
I always feel bad for the old timers. At 25 I feel old compared to these 18/19 year olds, but then I see the old timers and start to imagine how they feel.
>>
>>27165647
Errrm not since the recession and computers have been incorporated to nearly ever job anon. College's are littered with old people who wish they weren't there or old people who think being in college makes them young again and they act like they know everything about life because they're over 30
>>
>tfw 29 and going back to school

d-do you guys really view me this way...
>>
>>27170014
As long as you're not the mid 30's to 50's year old who loves to interrupt the class
>>
>>27166272
>elitism
>americlap university

I am afraid you can only pick one.
>>
>tfw 4 years in the military before I went to college
>tfw relate to the professors and old students because this crop of kids is retarded
>>
>>27168479
>Well, in Iraq
Alright, I can take a 5 minute break.
>>
>>27165628
>23 years old
>go to uni
>everyone is 18-19 years old and spouting memes
>every kid is desperate to be in the "social" part of the class
and when i mean social part of the class i mean the 18 year old version, where theyre all immature faggots stepping all over each other to be the center of attention
>HAHA I GET JOKES TOO AM I INVOLVED YET PLS
almost makes me glad i was a neet for 3 years
>>
File: dhufhfu.png (53 KB, 394x421) Image search: [Google]
dhufhfu.png
53 KB, 394x421
nice tear
>>
>taking online courses at a local college because anything else is overkill for the course I want
>biology has a forum where we have to post a few assignments
>required to reply to every response to your own assignment until the due date is passed
>required to post at least 1 reply to another's
>same 45 year old man keeps replying to my assignments
>guy responds at least 8 times per assignment
>spend at least 2 hours of my week just replying to the meaningless bullshit he keeps posting
Only reason I know he's 45 is he said in a required introduction at the start of the course.
Glad I can stay home in bed while doing work instead of spending hours listening to someone talk while old people interrupt.
>>
>>27168519
>or tell some stupid fucking anecdote nobody cares about.
REEEEEEEE why do they do this
>>
>>27170103
this is exactly why i don't want to go back to college.
>>
File: free_college.jpg (121 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
free_college.jpg
121 KB, 800x533
>>27168479

My university was half an hour away from a huge Army base that had tons of soldiers and veterans living nearby so these fags were all over my campus. My major (history) was also pretty popular with them so most of my classes had a few students there on the GI Bill. They shit up all the college bars in the area too. Faggots were constantly picking fights and acting like douchebags. Their one saving grace is at least they didn't spout off much liberal nonsense. I will take "Back in Iraq..." stories any day over SJW drivel.

As annoying as the veterans/active duty military were, at least they weren't the fucking single moms who brought their little brat to class or the 40-50 yo's who were just going to class for fun and constantly asked stupid bullshit that kept us there after the professor was ready to dismiss the class.
>>
>>27165628
The older students are always nicer though. I would much rather be with 30 year olds than my own age group(20).
>>
wow, this makes me more insecure about going back into education after many years of neetdom. but I'm 23 not 40. but I'd still be older than most of the others.
>>
File: 1457690293477.jpg (25 KB, 501x445) Image search: [Google]
1457690293477.jpg
25 KB, 501x445
>>27165628
FUCKING THIS

>makes joke that nobody cares about
>everyone staring at him
>he talks extremely loudly
>most likely 50+ definitely 40+

N U R S I N G H O M E
>>
What a cancerous thread
>>
>>27170699
Just dig your own grave already, you don't need that degree.
>>
>>27170867
I'm 25. Try again.
>>
There's a lady who looks around 60 and probably had a stroke cause her face never chances and she sounds fucked up. It's a computers class and she always needs help even with basic math and how to turn the damn thing on. She's always asking baby questions and panicking. She takes up too much of the teachers time when someone else needs help. She really shouldn't of bothered
>>
>>27170920
>25
>being the age by which most people with a degree have an established job, or work in retail
O L D
>>
>>27170517
if you have a modicum of self awareness, you'll be alright
>>
>all these 20 something year olds worrying their so old
You're older than the average but still too young to bother with the archaic """"mature""""" students. You'll find that the YOLO SWEG fuccboi generation are actually far less annoying than the unwarrented self important Gen Y and Baby Boomers. [Spoiler] Baby boomers might just be the worse generation ever [/spoiler] Just stick with the 21's and older, you'll be fine.
>>
File: 1c6.jpg (43 KB, 515x600) Image search: [Google]
1c6.jpg
43 KB, 515x600
>tfw can only get along with students 3 times my age
>don't even know how to interact with students my age
>>
>>27170969
And unlike them I have no debt
>>
>>27171139
You would of loved Jimmy Savile
>>
File: received_1266628866684716.jpg (27 KB, 853x478) Image search: [Google]
received_1266628866684716.jpg
27 KB, 853x478
>That swat who ALWAYS asks baby questions to be 100% on everything who just makes the class go longer
>>
This is actually a good thread
>>
>>27170950
>shouldn't of
why can't americans speak their own language?
>>
>>27172517
Not that anon but Fuck off back to that website we all don't like grammar Nazis
>>
>>27165628
even if there is somebody older than you in your group, what does that matter?

leave them be, you retard.
>>
>>27172674
The generation gap though
>>
File: 2ec.png (572 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572 KB, 600x580
>mfw an American went to a ""university"" that was less than 400 years old near me
YOU CANT MAKE THIS UP
>>
Went back to get another degree and took my first semester full time (was able to get a Loa from my job). I can't belive I was that fucking retarded when I went through. I can't see the difference between a grade 12 student and a second year uni student. I had a blast in uni but realize I also must have been a huge showboating douche. I decided to do distance for as many of my classes I can now.
>>
>>27173682
I should add I'm only 32 so it's not a huge age gap
>>
>mature 40+ student, Peruvian
>literally the nicest and most intimate a woman has ever been with me
>we were similar personality wise, we were both in Engineering
>she had a husband, but still would put her hands on me and hug me and pull me in
>petite, gorgeous without make-up
>she starts going full stacy, wanting a full-time job, full time university, AND wants to take care of her three kids, AND complains about her husband that makes $140k a year
>I REE on a her a bit, we had a falling out
>only have spoken/seen eachother like once over the past year and a half
>she was literally the most attractive woman I have ever met, I would've gotten a job and lived with her if she divorced her husband
>still in love with her
I hate this I want to die. Younger woman have actively bullied me or just watched when other people did. Older women have LITERALLY been the only ones nice to me IN MY WHOLE FUCKING LIFE. I DO NOT LIKE HAVING AN OLDER WOMAN FETISH, I JUST WANT TO BE NORMAL
>>
There was a 70 year old woman in one of my glasses, shehad a speech impediment and every question took 10 mins to ask
>>
>>27166606
>>27166916
>fags bitch about old people asking question in class
>not a class later, students start bitching about teacher expecting work to be done on time and not be shit
>LITERALLY had to sit through half a class of 21 y/os bitching about how a teacher gave out a one-day take home quiz from Friday to Saturday, the start of spring break
>kid is literally openly insulting the teacher because "we'll be on vacation, bluh bluh"
Fucking white people are the worst at it. Niggers will just blame the teacher.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 270x263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 270x263
>Class is meeting for the last time before the start of spring break
>Instructor asking if we have any plans for the upcoming week.
>"Anon, what are you doing for spring break?"
>"Turning 30."
>Everybody laughs.
>I wasn't trying to be funny
>>
why can't they have there own school or something
>>
>>27165647
>at a real school its rare to see anyone over the age of 25.
Uhhh......
Are you Ghanaian or something like that?
>>
>>27167227
>studying nursing
>complaining about chinks and women
You're the problem here malenurse fagboy
>>
>>27170178
same here fuck college
>>
>>27165628
>31 years old
>have a babyface and everyone thinks I am their age

Seriously they were all surprised I was able to buy booze and I had someone ask me if I had a fake ID.
>>
File: images-16.jpg (20 KB, 394x373) Image search: [Google]
images-16.jpg
20 KB, 394x373
>Drop out of college at 19 for reasons
>'I'll go back soon'
>22 now. Fuck
>Realize I am already a different generation to the current college kids

Where does the time go robots fuck
>>
>>27165628
>>First day of class
>>Teacher asks everyone to raise their hands on how long it's been since they've been in education
>>She asks one year? A good majority raise they're hands.
>>Two years? Two people raise they're hands.
>Theee years? I raise my hand and everybody stares and the darker kids go wtf? And the chicks stare.
Mind you I'm 22. I don't feel old but meh. It's first year.
>>
>>27174107
Oh fuck me... I mean since they've been out of off education.
>>
File: 1455621305285.png (46 KB, 429x262) Image search: [Google]
1455621305285.png
46 KB, 429x262
Thanks for the thread r9k.
Now I feel like never going back to school.
>>
>wanting to go back to school

Fucking why? Those were by far the most boring years of my life.
>>
>>27174260
the d in ptp
>>
>>27174296

Feels like I wouldn't understand what you said if I haven't been on this site for as long as I have.
>>
>>27173729
>Younger woman have actively bullied me or just watched when other people did. Older women have LITERALLY been the only ones nice to me IN MY WHOLE FUCKING LIFE.

This is me. Older women are based, young women are cunts.
>>
>>27173954
That's why you have to have the attitude of what am I going to do today. "Soon" is always right around the corner.
>>
>>27165628
Had a 40 something year old guy in my final 2 semester long senior project group he was mad chill. Unfortunately he had a break aneurysm over the break between the semesters and didn't return for the second one. Didn't end up getting his degree =/
>>
>>27174465
Brain* aneurysm
>>
>>27165628
>night class
>prof asks if we want to begin and end class half an hour earlier so that we don't have to get out so late
>40 yr old roasties ruin it
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.