[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think it's possible to change your personality, or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1454650759849.jpg (71 KB, 644x477) Image search: [Google]
1454650759849.jpg
71 KB, 644x477
Do you think it's possible to change your personality, or is it pretty much set?
>>
I'm sorry that this thread will die, but I've seen a lot of psychology videos and personally I find people don't change unless hey go through a stressful situation. Someone close dies, they move cities, they get a new job or a promotion etc.
>>
>>27165697
This.

Your personality will more or less stay the same unless something drastic happens to you.
>>
>>27164486
"Personalities" are just the way people perceive you. I don't see why that can't change.
>>
Only gradually over time. If you're talking about a sudden change, a change in which the person won't puss out and go back to their old ways in a week, then yeah, you're gonna need some trauma.
>>
Well, technically the brain stops growing at 28.

But I think neuroplasticity crystallizes as you age, so if it is possible as an adult, it's much harder and more limited.

Personally, I don't think you can change your core self past the teenage years. You can change bits and pieces, but the person inside will always be the same.
>>
>>27165805
>"Personalities" are just the way people perceive you.
Not really. Personality is your temperament, openness to experience, conscientiousness, extraversion, neuroticism, etc. Stuff that happens in your head, that no one sees.
>>
Mine changed after doing lsd.... i wish i could go back.
>>
Your personality is usually something like your reactions to things. You're optimistic for instance, that'd be a personality trait. If you're treated like shit by people you start reacting differently.

Those change. I believe what I consider to be personality to be less relevant to others most of the time but it's something that's much more close to heart imo. It does change. But it's not as volatile as the perceived personality. It's more about how you think, what's the process etc. I'm not sure most people think all that hard about that but it's certainly more close to you than how you've reacted since it generally explains that too.
>>
>>27165962
I had heard it was 25
>>
>>27166130
"I'm a first-year psychology major"- the post
>>
>>27166254
>I'm not going to reply with anything of substance -the post
>>
>>27166232
For women; it's a bit later for guys
>>
>>27166232
i heard anytime after 30yrs, from my psychology professor.
>>
>>27166130
Personality is absolutely changeable, I was on me extremely extroverted (open debates/public speaking) but I slowly became introverted due to social isolation because I moved schools.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.