[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've decided to make it my mission in life to get to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: monaaaayy.jpg (159 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
monaaaayy.jpg
159 KB, 800x450
I've decided to make it my mission in life to get to the point where I have a healthy supply of "fuck you" money to afford all the hedonistic and carnal pleasures to fill a lifetime.

I'm open to suggestions for how a socially retarded but capable programmer might achieve this.
>>
>>27163987
rob some banks
>>
Program

alot
>>
>>27164004
Clarification: *legal* ways to achieve this. Willing to work for it.
>>
>>27163987
Just save your money and invest it. Also, don't work at any of the major tech companies, at least not right away. Their starting salaries are only high because the cost of living there is so fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>27164010
Gee, thanks for being so specific.

>>27164050
Got any tips on investing? And don't say "diversify."
>>
>>27163987
I'm an aspiring programmer. Would you say 26 is too old to start learning coding?
>>
>>27164137
Also from what I understand. C++ pays the most no?
>>
>>27164191
Who told you that, /g/? C/C++ jobs are already taken by 40 year old virgin tech gods who have been programming in C since they were little kids. Most companies these days are looking for people that can do shit with the newer languages and platforms (e.g. Angular JS).
>>
File: Beta Bar.jpg (38 KB, 530x444) Image search: [Google]
Beta Bar.jpg
38 KB, 530x444
>>27163987
Welcome to the club, pal. Get in line behind everyone else in this world and prepare for a rousing round of disappointment.
>>
> save enough money to buy some cheap acreage
> dig secret concrete basement
> decorate your new sex dungeon
> kidnap sex slaves
> have fun!
>>
>>27164157
with dedication you can learn it but good luck getting into any big company as anything other than a code monkey
>>
>>27164457
What if I want to do freelance work from home?
>>
>>27163987
>I've decided I'm going to be rich
Wow, why didn't I think of that?
>>
>>27164729
you're gonna have to compete with the curryniggers that work for a nickel per day
>>
Let's make the new normiebook

Or an improved instagram where the selfies can automatically hide your hideousness with things more complex than a simple fucking filter
>>
>>27164239
This is wrong btw, new blood in the old language is well appreciated. Some schoolmates do COBOL shit for banks, earn good easy money

I couldn't fit there unfortunately, was extremely bored
>>
File: diz income.png (81 KB, 1727x939) Image search: [Google]
diz income.png
81 KB, 1727x939
>>27163987

Affiliate marketing, Literally just sign up for Amazon Associates program.

But you will never, ever do it, so I guess it doesn't matter
>>
That kind of wealth can only be created by making something hugely popular with millions of people.

The closest you can get to that kind of wealth reasonably is learn some sought after tech skill and be very good at it, that will bring you in a 6 figure salary easily.
>>
>>27165703
Okay, how do you start?
I have plenty of savings if that helps.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.