[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let be real guys All of our problems stem from one problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 13
File: 1449190165736.jpg (43 KB, 530x805) Image search: [Google]
1449190165736.jpg
43 KB, 530x805
Let be real guys

All of our problems stem from one problem

We are cowards

Its not autism, its no chad, its not feminism

Just cowardice
>>
makes sense.

but how does one overcome cowardice?
>>
>>27163777
You wanna elaborate?
>>
File: 1454722773772.jpg (13 KB, 249x244) Image search: [Google]
1454722773772.jpg
13 KB, 249x244
Theres only one solution.

Actively overcome your fears.

Its too late for me though family
>>
File: ultrameme.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
ultrameme.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
not being a slave is cowardice?
>>
>>27163777
My problem is that people (especially women) have rejected me and treated me like shit for so long that I've grown to hate everyone including myself
>>
File: wojak.png (42 KB, 846x592) Image search: [Google]
wojak.png
42 KB, 846x592
>>27163777
...anon...that hurt...but in a good way. I don't want to be here. I want to end my time wallowing here. I don't care, it's all labels. People are people, no matter how their social status makes them seem to be. I'm done with this cynical shit. It's my fault, not the worlds. I'm gonna change it.
>>
>>27163777
You hit the lucky jackpot
If it were autism we'd actually make an effort but fail to relate to people. Instead we all sit in our basements wallowing in self pity
>>
>>27163777

Everybody knows 'exactly what the problem is'

imo, people project their own faults onto the world, to console themselves that they're not alone. That other people feel the way they feel. So they can be safe in consensus.

A darkened heart. A darkened world.

Cynicism is healthy, but so is compassion.
>>
>>27163777

Women genuinely fucked my life up though (and no I don't mean cheesy relationshit drama)
>>
>>27163777
checked.

Sounds about right, I'll bet most people here have countless insecurities holding them back, and when some are removed more take their place. I feel that way, but I know the truth is I'll never be "ready" for life. You just live it. The hard part is ignoring the millions of tiny voices saying you aren't worth shit and and you'll never make it, and just doing the things you want to do. I'll let you know when I find out how to do that.
>>
File: 1457518635585.gif (2 MB, 167x200) Image search: [Google]
1457518635585.gif
2 MB, 167x200
>>27163834
Yessss the mind control is complete!

No but seriously good for you
>>
>>27163888
certain women did

not the entire gender

This is the type of thing that makes us so damned bitter. Blaming them all. Hell, not all normies are bad people. That's right, I'm saying it. Some of them are nice people. Ignorant sometimes, depending on the person, but usually with good intention.
>>
Ah cowardice. The reverse tarot of bravery.
>>
>>27163888
checked
greentext?
>>
>>27163866
>thinks we never tried to be normal
you think we were just born 20+ year old losers?
>>
>>27163923

Ok but it doesn't really matter that the entire gender didn't, I still don't trust them, it doesn't change my bitterness, won't bring my wasted life back etc
>>
>>27163866
well i have made plenty of attempts, and after realizing it wasnt going to work for me i did the rational thing and shut in
>>
File: StalinCheckingDubs2.jpg (20 KB, 200x299) Image search: [Google]
StalinCheckingDubs2.jpg
20 KB, 200x299
>>27163777
But what if our problem actually is mental illness?

Also, check'em

>>27163866
>>27163888
>>27163899
>>
>>27163943

Sure one sec

bl0x
>>
>>27163959
Then be glad that it was out of your control and theres no regret
>>
>>27163948
Well then, deal with that anon. You can't change the world, and the world can't change you. Only you can effect yourself on a meaningful level, since you're the one who interprets your feelings and what happens to you in life. It all comes down to you, anon.
>>
>>27163777
>Let be real guys
K nice trips
>All of our problems stem from one problem
Ok i'll bite...what is it?
>We are cowards
That's it?
>Its not autism
Half right
>its no chad
Chad ruined women we have no hope. But then again women were always fucked.
> its not feminism
0/10 feminism is disgusting shit we don't need,
>Just cowardice
Na fuck off you know nothing.
>>
File: 1457141644129.jpg (16 KB, 450x333) Image search: [Google]
1457141644129.jpg
16 KB, 450x333
>>27163972
>being glad that you never stood a chance
Why the fuck would I be happy about this? I still had hopes and aspirations, but now I know I will not achieve them. That isn't comforting, it is crushing, to know that I will have to continue going on like this.
>>
>>27164047
I've made like 10 threads with that pic, I'm really curious to know where you saved it from kek
>>
>>27163777
Cowardice is a symptom, not a cause.
>>
>>27164033
>half right

judging by that post I would say I am wrong in your case, it is autism
>>
I know that i'm a coward.
However, since i always had everyone hating\picking on me i became a scared person with lots of social fears...
>>
>>27164091
Neat triggered or?
>>
>>27164047
Because theres nothing you could've done

Imagine sitting on your deathbed going over every chance you had to make your life into something good, and you took the cowardly way out and theres nothing to insulate you from that dread knowing your life was a complete failure and completely your fault
>>
>>27164057
I got it from here, and really like it.

>>27164127
I personally think that never having had a chance is more pathetic. It feels like being put on Earth just to suffer.
>>
>>27164127
this is why we need to accept what happened has happened, and there are no dead ends. we can move forward no matter where we are in life and can have wins, not just regrets. It's all in ourselves, in the choices we make.
>>
>>27164179
Hollow victories without someone to share them with
>>
>>27164179
We can all end it by accepting death now. No more worry's no more pain no more suffering no nothing anymore true happiness
>>
>>27164218
There's never not someone to share them with. That's the thing. We have ourselves. The deepest connection we could ever have with any living organism on this planet is that which we have personally.

>>27164223
Feeling nothing is not feeling happiness. You can feel happy alive, anon. I've dealt with a lot of my shit in my day, and I'm not the only one who has. And you know what? I'm happy. In the long run, I'm a happy person and would do almost anything to keep my life. It's because I've found that we have our own little world, and unless you let it, that world can't be hurt by the outside. You are not what's around you, you are not emotion. Those are a film over you, a sort of mask. You are you. Who that is isn't for anyone else to know and not for any words to define.
>>
>>27164301
One who knows nothing can understand nothing...one day you will understand or not i hope the world burns
>>
>>27164223
As if no one in this thread didn't think about that already... Somehow there is something keeping us alive... and dead.

I don't want to end life as much as I want to start having fun in it... Something is keeping me back.
>>
>>27164352
And this brings me to my next point. Intelligence is not linked to happiness. A complete idiot can be just as happy as a genius. Happiness is something beyond traditional knowledge. Maybe I understand nothing about others, or the outside, but if I understand myself, why should I care?
>>
>>27164407
You will never understand you are lost...a shame.
>>
>>27164460
Then let me be lost! Let me be in the center of a dark forest with no way out! Let me be in an abyss! All I ask is that I am happy.
>>
I dunno dog, I think my future was fucked by my mom, not my cowardice.
>>
>>27164482
Struggle in life fool.
>>
>>27164407
Because caring for others is the key to happiness.
By nature we are social creatures. Look at this thread, we look for happiness and social bonding even though we are loners. So no cowards here...
>>
File: Get in the fuckjing robot anon2.jpg (424 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Get in the fuckjing robot anon2.jpg
424 KB, 1920x1080
>>27164609
Do not deny the robot...
>>
>>27164609
>caring for others is the key to happiness

stopped reading there. that's how you get manipulated and mistreated because you're seen as weak.
>>
File: Cybermen_Silver_Nemesis.jpg (23 KB, 340x255) Image search: [Google]
Cybermen_Silver_Nemesis.jpg
23 KB, 340x255
>>27164663
>>27164743
Took me a while to process. I think you're right. But dunno what the hell my next step should be.

My mind wanders all over the fucking place... I don't know what to think anymore =.=
>>
>>27164743
I have very strong empathy and a lot of care and love to give.

I don't feel like caring for others is bad, you just have to do it conditionally.
>>
>>27163777

I like to think I was made this way. I was a healthy, happy kid before the 2nd grade. Then I was placed into a special education program for ADHD. Took Ritalin, one-third of my classes for the day were held in the special education class, had class with misfits and tards, ostracized and bullied at a very young age because I was with the tard class. This really fucked me up and I was never able to develope actual social skill. Had only one real friend from elementary to end of middle school, two or three light acquaintances that more or less pitied me. Outcasted and laughed at for around a decade. High school was little better. Got good grades the last two years in AP courses, but I was still socially retarded. Fast forward to community college. I'm doing horribly and I have no friends. Probably because I'm a social retard and I think about an hero everyday.

I admit that I am sort of a coward. All my problems are my problems. Although Chad exists, he isn't the creator of my problems. With my slightly built body and 4/10 face, I could pull semi-ugly girls. But I'm afraid and hesitant to interact. I'd say my childhood and disposition are both at fault for my incompetence.
>>
>>27163777
I'm not really a coward, but I'm lazy. So that's probably worse.
>>
>>27165117
on a scale of 0-10 how would you rate Ritalin and the the SEP?
>>
>>27164087
underrated post.

This summarizes it all. /thread
>>
>>27165117
this is probably the story of most people on r9k. Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>27163777
How is it cowardly to not want to be hurt? I don't bother with relationships because I know I won't ever be able to keep someone happy or entertained.

I don't want to go out. I don't like eating out or going to the beach or even going to the movies. I sure as hell don't like going to clubs or sporting events.

I'm just too goddamn boring for any remotely well adjusted woman. I want come home from work and be left alone to relax, watch Let's Plays or game/film reviews/documentaries, play a game or two, and jack off.

I just don't have anything in my life that I'd really want to do with a girlfriend. Maybe friend with benefits sort of deal would work well for me, but it's going to be extremely hard to meet a girl that I have anything to talk about with.

I am gonna talk to her about Crusader Kings 2 or X-COM?

Am I gonna talk to her about all the nerdy science fiction novels and historical fiction novels I read?

Almost no woman is gonna give a fuck about any of that.

I see no point in getting hurt emotionally like that. I already know I'm not very fun to be around, but I don't need to rub my own face in it.
>>
>>27165506
>How is it cowardly to not want to be hurt?

If you want something in return, you have to make an effort.

If you don't want anything, then you will have nothing to worry about.

Why are you here?
>>
>>27165677
>Why are you here?

On /r9k/ you mean? I'm here because I generally relate to the other poster's here in their feelings of alienation from most of society.

Sometimes I am lonely, but I think it'd be even more unhappy if I had another person in my life invading my living space.
>>
Most of my problems stem from the fact that I made huge, life-altering decisions when I was still wet behind the ears.
>>
>>27165190

Nigra, that shit just fucked me up. My memory of elementary school is a bit frgmented and fuzzy. But the Ritalin made me emotional, anxious, and all around just shitty. It sucked, but I could function. The special education program is what fucked me the hardest. Nearly five years of my life in my most formative years I had to be in that program. Surrounded by kids with anger issues, autism, slight retardation, and social/psychological issues. Go to recess with the tard class. Take a few of my classes in the tard class. Rejected because of my affiliation with tards. I'd say the Ritalin was a 4/10, SEP was easily a 7 or 8. It continued on in middle school, but was alot less intense and controlling. Still, the damage was done. The SEP launched me into orbit and all I could do is circle and observe the terrestrials. Most attempts to socialize were like the moon crashing into Earth, so they would be mean to me and put me back into orbit.

If any robots have kids, don't do this to them. Maybe a light dose of Adderal and some therapy, but special ed just fucking ruins you. Some kids come out okay, but you run the risk of them becoming social retards.
>>
>>27166258
>Most attempts to socialize were like the moon crashing into Earth

they gave birth to life
>>
File: Bentley_Snowflake4.jpg (36 KB, 469x437) Image search: [Google]
Bentley_Snowflake4.jpg
36 KB, 469x437
>>27163777
>777

The trips of God reveal the truth.
>>
File: an hero.jpg (62 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
an hero.jpg
62 KB, 709x765
>>27166258
I wasn't in SEP and I still turned out to be socially retarded.

Yay!
>>
>>27163797
Ignore that voice and feeling that tells you not to do things.

Ignore every fiber of it. The more you do it, the more you leave your comfort zone, the more you do it, the easier it becomes. You'll notice changes within yourself eventually.
>>
>>27163959
>>27164047
My meds help my anxiety a ton.

The depression never goes away, but at least I can manage stress better and actually fall asleep.

As long as I don't get too inside my head, I'm usually okay.
>>
What if we have good reasons for our "cowardice".

For example, I'm hearing impaired on top of being an autist, so it's just practial for me to avoid people. It's just more comfortable for everyone that way. (Even though it means I will die alone).
>>
>>27163777

No, my problems stem from being physically and mentally inferior. It is not within my control. I may have been fine if my parents had been more competent, but it's too late now.
>>
>>27163777
but it really is autism

speech goes out, regret comes in. you cant explain that
>>
>>27166384
It is not anxiety; while there is anxiety, the cause of that anxiety is my Schizotypy and OCD.
>>
>>27163797

Stop blaming others for your problems. Basically avoid 4chan and thinking that being "redpilled" isn't just an excuse to bury your head in the sand. Just a coping mechanism to avoid the truth.
>>
>>27163777

How come of "cowardice" and "bravery" is the only 2 emotion society puts on males? The truth is, no matter how much you deny it, there ARE outside facts males go through that make their lives harder. More men kill themselves, more men are homeless, more men are victims to murder and abuse. Nobody gives a fuck about those unfortunate males. Sure , society says to give us one job: man up. But for those who don't succeed, he's looked at as scum who doesn't really want better things from life.So no, if he's short , it's 100% his fault he's lonely. Despite the facts women AND statistics will show you girls prefer tall men and tend to make fun of short men

If a man is ugly/disfigured it's 100% his fault. Despite the fact that most women will use the excuse that they want good genes for their children and people shit on ugly dudes. Ugly girls at least get sympathy, but an ugly guy is all on his his own

A guy with a mental illness (science and psychology >inb4 not real ] Why take an opinion ny an edgelord on a japanese anime board? You could be 15 for all I care) must "play off" his issues as if it's nothing. If he doesn't , it's his fault.

Yeah feminist, why should we care about what they have to say, m'rite? Women are the gateway to sex and they have the audacity to call A L L men chauvinist pigs that loves to rape and abuse women. Wow. How encouraging to be a guy. We're just told to man up, work, and sacrifice ourselves . We're disposable. There's 3 billion of us and 3 billion of women, but our lives are put last. Men are denied that they more than one emotion. And we're suckers being pawns for vagina. No one could even answer these questions. Just goes to show. If that's what it means to be a "coward" than so be it. There's literally no good reason for confidence unless you're attractive with social status and/or wealth.
>>
>>27167913
>involving this red pill on a board that has nothing to do with it in a thread that has nothing to do with it

hey Chaim are you trying to ruse some goyim again?
>>
>>27163777
laziness
orginal co ntent
>>
>>27166362
That feel when I've started doing this

Just take that anxiety you feel, and do it anyway. Its a good feeling Bros
>>
File: 1457342645499.jpg (33 KB, 649x719) Image search: [Google]
1457342645499.jpg
33 KB, 649x719
>>27166362

If it was so easy, none of us would be here.
>>
>>27166387
I know a hearing impaired autist with a qt semi autist gf
>>
>>27163777
Man, I hate this kind of view. What you are saying can be summarized as:

>Society expects you to always be the one who approaches
>You are not compliant
>You are a coward for not following

I don't think you've given it much thought. And I discard the comments of people who say "hit on most girls, talk to many people, be brave" while not really addressing the problem that half the people in the world are conditioned to be approached and the other half is expected to approach.
>>
>>27169249

>gender roles carried society for thousands of years
>we only start having problems when we abandoned them

What does that tell you?
Keep on going on about the world being unfair and society being biased.
But no matter what you do to fix it, you will still be miserable.
The only way to be happy is start acting like a man like nature intended.

Men who spend their life being weak, shy, withdrawn and ineffectual will eventually end up alone and miserable.

Just like women who spend their lives being abrasive, promiscuous and indiscreet.

You might think gender roles are unfair, but its nature. You can't argue with it.
>>
>>27169614
>alone and miserable
I am most certainly alone.
I can assure you that I am not miserable due to my myriad philosophies and fantasies. Reality will never be able to fit within any scope the amount of satisfaction I obtain through fantasy. Such roads only lead to disappointment.

For those who are able to embrace masculinity, your truth is functional.

For those unable to abide it, that road would only lead to miseries related to being dishonest to one's self. I am of such people. I am a social pariah like many of the people of this board. The reason differs, but I spite other people and my successes are only driven to spite humanity's expectations.

If they cannot find solace in being alone, those who cannot rise from the bottom of the social ladder, they will indeed be miserable.

Those traits you have listed are what nature intended to be preyed upon. If this was how nature intended, they would be dead instead of being the living dead. In this society, the living dead do not rise. They can only sit at their post and think. The more they think, the more entrenched they get in their emotions. They fall prey to themselves. But after time, some may be capable of finding a method where they are able to twist their very minds into something that adapts to their conditions. The same sort of survival instinct working on its own emotions, because men withdraw when distressed. In time it adapts to function without, the so-called coping you look down on and interpret as misery.

An acceptance of one's unchanging and unyielding conditions despite all their efforts is a natural emotion. They adapt, as nature intended. "You can't argue with it."
>>
>>27166362
Wow, I didn't realise it was that easy. Thnx. 23 years of being a Fuck up are gone
>>
>>27166362
I did that and I got glared at. People just get pissy at me whenever I did this.
>>
>>27169864

Looks like you have found happiness deep within your fedora.

If you personally aren't miserable, then that's great.

But there are a lot of young men out there that are confused and miserable because society has lost it's structure, and they don't know how to act.

The only way to get society back on track is to start encouraging traditional gender roles.
>>
>>27169969
>The only way to get society back on track is to start encouraging traditional gender roles.

read here >>27168631

There's little to no encouragement to be "more manly" anymore. Men aren't looked at as people to accomplish things for their own, rather as being a person other people will use you off of. Plus, nobody takes account what problems guys go through. They're just told to "man up" . It's just vague and demeaning . The males that suck at life are shunned by people.
>>
>>27163777
fair and true
>>
>>27169969
You obey your social constructs to demean those who do not follow. Blindly following works for some, others it causes misery. That was my point.

I'll ignore the retarded fedora remark because you do have a point in that the traditional gender roles need to be followed. However following "nature" now would cause more harm than good because that would promote the "alpha fux beta bux" nonsense going on. That is the current nature occurring right now.

It also does not help that due to the current laws, media and society the ones acting masculine in the traditional gender roles sense, men would be exposing themselves to great risk. Not all women have been forthcoming with the distinct advantage they have in the systems that used to promote those roles.

So yes, what you have said is at least half-true. We do need to establish traditional gender roles in order to repair a lot of damage done. However it is not men nor women's gender improvements that need to be focused on. It is the factors promoting degenerate gender behaviors. Humanity will never act without incentive to do so, and they will also in turn be averse to risky actions.
>>
>>27163828
This, basically. I've not always been like this, I gradually turned into the piec of shit I am today.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.