[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>paramount thinks this is horror >they successfully r
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
>paramount thinks this is horror

>they successfully ruined the paranormal activity franchise by turning it from a creepy haunted house film to a sci fi demon arms coming out of chests and crappy cgi demon wirlwind film

I think the Marked ones really was the one to ruin the franchise, though. It was barely about Toby. It was more about spics with superpowers and witches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AXiB1FHCg8
>>
>>27163628
I bring this post back to the first page because of the robot that prevents me from saying bump
>>
Wow, this is pretty fucking painful to watch. Sure hope it did badly in theaters.
>>
it was bad to begin with dude
>>
>>27164766
I remember people were raving about the original when it came out but you know, fucking normies will clap at anything today.
>>
>>27164816
the last part where she turns into the demon screaming out mika's name was the only good part about this series
>>
>>27164816
The original decent, if only because the tropes hadn't completely work themselves out yet. Granted, Blair Witch Project understood how to do found footage better than anything as of late.
>>
>>27165069
Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity were scary not because you could see the ghost/witch/demons but precisely the lack of. The suspense makes you shit your pants.

The last PA movie got rid of that and gave Toby a physical form which ruins the entire suspense. It doesn't help that they animated Toby poorly and made a flaming tornado around him. It was like watching Bleach.
>>
25 years without even touching a girl that's horror
>>
Horror in films is dead, for me at least. It's just not immersive enough for me to be scared for more than a few seconds total per movie.
>>
>>27164816

The original was good. But it was good alone, like every other horror movie the sequels just fucking killed it
>>
Was Toby a robot?
>>
>>27163628
"Get the sheet"

Please not like this...
>>
>>27166262
This actually made me laugh, Great Job.
>>
>>27166316
Have you seen The VVitch?
>>
File: 1454914668880.gif (482 KB, 300x245) Image search: [Google]
1454914668880.gif
482 KB, 300x245
What I hate most about them giving their villain a physical form is that everything is so painfully telegraphed.

In the first movie, a lot of the scares didn't even happen on screen. The ones that did were unexpected and entertaining.

In 2, they captured the feeling of dread perfectly by just dragging that poor woman around the house and scaring the shit out of her every time Burger king left the room.

3 was pretty good with the horrific imagery and giving the story a sense of direction.

4 was a retarded teen horror movie. The trailer said "YOU WILL NOT SEE THE ENDING COMING" and it turns out they showed you the ending right there in the trailer. Not spooky at all.

TMO was pretty dumb, but the MC was fairly likable and the gangbangers fucking up witches was satisfying in a genre where everyone pretty much shows up to a ghost fit with a baseball bat.

In TGD, there's a big-ass smoke monster in the middle of the screen acting as the focal point all throughout the movie.
>>
>>27166765
I just don't understand how they fucked up the Ghost Dimension so badly with the smoke demon
>>
File: 1421629084021.jpg (347 KB, 1015x923) Image search: [Google]
1421629084021.jpg
347 KB, 1015x923
As a big horror fan, I must remind you that the majority of horror is shit because it's designed to be a date movie. Every scare is intended to make Stacy embrace Chad in the theater. Producers and directors in Hollywood don't care what a real fan thinks because he's probably watching their investment on Youtube or pirating it. The decline of horror strongly correlates with the prevalence of media piracy.

I find it weird that a robot posted a Ghost Dimension thread right after I watched it.
>>
>>27166871
Because idiot theatre-goers wanted Oren Peli to deliver and give them a spoopy monster so they rolled with it cause fuck it, that's the last in the series anyway.
>>
>>27167016
>peli hasn't worked on the films since the second one.
>>
>>27167052
He's been producing. He still has a say.

Doesn't change the reality of what I said, either.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.