[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>two professors tell me they're disappointed in me within
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: pfscMessedUp.png (35 KB, 650x500) Image search: [Google]
pfscMessedUp.png
35 KB, 650x500
>two professors tell me they're disappointed in me within a week
>dream job I'm sure I had disappears into thin air
>realize I'm not in love

I thought everything was going better than it had been in years, but now I see that you can't be happy forever, that life will come crashing down on you eventually. Just a matter of when, not if. It's inevitable.

How's your day going though? I want to talk about it if you also want to.
>>
>>27163187
my life is miserable. I hate my job, have no friends, everyone I know is out to get me, my meds don't work, and I don't have the guts to kill myself.
>>
>>27163221
What meds are you on right now? I'm taking fluoxetine, abilify, and bupropion, but I don't know if they're working for me either. Everything is still up and down for the most part, there's no consistency.
>>
File: 1452543884606.png (202 KB, 800x384) Image search: [Google]
1452543884606.png
202 KB, 800x384
>>27163221
Hi there, person in the exact same situation here.
>>
Stoned waiting to clock into my fastfood wageslave job.

Life is boring once you settle into wageslavery. How do i get off this ride?
>>
>>27163466
>How do i get off this ride?
That's what I'm trying to figure out as well, but every option looks like some kind of dead end or impossibility.
>>
>>27163187

>thought things were getting better
>suddenly got worse than before

Pretty much same boat as you OP. Fuck this gay shit
>>
>>27163315
prozac and xanax, they're meme meds that don't do shit except make me feel worse when I don't take them
>>
>>27163596
What happened to you?

For me, I thought everything was smooth sailing, but then I got the rug pulled out from underneath me in an instant. All I can think of is climbing onto the roof of my building and jumping, and the worst part is there's a small part of me saying, "Why not? It's not going to get any better" and I'm afraid that part of me is right.

>>27163730
Prozac worked for me for a little bit, but I think the effects are diminishing over time and now I don't feel any better, but I do feel worse when I miss taking it.
>>
>>27163187
>I thought everything was going better than it had been

Feeling similar OP. This is my third year of University and while the best one so far, that's not saying a lot. I am without a doubt convinced that this is the worst four year aviation program in the country.

A classmate of mine from high school that went to another school is already done with all flight courses, certificates, and ratings while I am 2/7 of the way through (we are both Juniors who came in with the same experience).

The entirety of the student body in my program is continually getting dicked over as well at every turn but fail to see how truly horrible it is, sticking up for our program when compared to others with a better fleet (ours is old, and decrepit), better facilities (the training building itself is also a shit heap), better weather (which makes a world of difference in flight training), and administrators who are not actively opposing students attempts to graduate by keeping them out of classes and refusing to issue credit that they have earned.

While not ALL of our faculty is out to get the students, those who aren't are still a net negative. The classes they teach are nothing more than a waste of time, There are classes we have where we are given a book with test questions in it. Those exact questions are the questions on the test. They are not changed or altered in anyway, the answers aren't even put in a different order. The literally give us the answers and tell us which parts of chapters will be on the tests. The best part about that tough, is that there are still a large portion of my fellow students, my fellow "peers" that fail not just an exam here or there, but classes where every test is like this multiple times. Complete retards that cannot abstain from drinking for one night and READ THE ANSWERS. An absolute shithole.

(1/2?)
>>
>>27164258
There is no "weeding out process" for these wastes of space either. They are allowed to stick around for years and years taking up precious flight slots, and instructor time while the department siphons money out of them hand over fist.

At the beginning of this school year I thought things were finally looking up. I actually almost completed a single flight course in a semester when the previous ones I've taken have all taken a calendar year due to bad weather, shitty equipment, and severe under staffing due to paying the flight instructors less than any other comparable program. Once the spring semester rolled around and I found myself in Aviation Weather I realized that this was still the same shithole and I had tricked myself into thinking it was "better." This is a class where an old man with early signs of Alzheimer's "teaches" us things you learn your first month in the program. In reality he just reads slides he hasn't changed for FOURTEEN (14!) YEARS and one of the students in class has to tell him what the slides means about half the time because he doesn't know anymore.

This "institution of learning" has stolen three years of my life and is going to steal hopefully no more than one more. The best part about this is that I actually tried to transfer, I tried to get out but it didn't work. None of my credits would fulfill graduation requirements for the school I was attempting to transfer to even though I was led to believe that they would. I was so close to leaving, I was at the transfer student orientation about to enroll in classes when they told me "No, your classes won't work. You'll have to take these and be here another one to two years, most likely two!"

It never really gets better, My time, money, and emotional health has been forcefully taken and there will be no compensation for it.

(2/2)
>>
>>27164258
>>27164292
Holy shit dude, all I can say is that really, really sucks. I hope you can find some solace in that you will be out in a year or so.
>>
>>27164745
Thank you but you just reminded me of something I forgot to mention.

Friday night at a charity event for children with medical problems, someone stole all of the cash from my wallet, an amazon gift card, and a pocket knife I've had for years. Someone robbed me blind and I didn't even notice! :)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.