[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self Love? How to love myself? I don't see one good thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Self Love?

How to love myself? I don't see one good thing about myself and I'm worryingly beginning to self neglect myself further.
I have no deformities, a few friends who still stay in touch with me.
I'm often called cute, pretty and 'could look hot'. Yet I genuinely find my self revolting.

I'm a huge underachiver, never succeeded in anything. And painstakingly stupid.

I really would like to change this.
>>
>>27163008

More shitty fembot thread spam

Report, sage, move on
>>
>>27163008
>tiny bedroom inside a bed

comfyest fucking thing I've seen in my life
>>
So I also suffer from very low self esteem and you really need to work at it like a muscle. Even if you don't 100% believe it OP you need to start saying positive things about yourself to yourself. A therapist can definitely help you with this process as well as some mindfulness meditation to be able to straighten out your thoughts. If you work or study celebrate even the smallest victory. As a person you deserve to treat yourself nicely.
>>
>>27163135

fuck no, how the fuck will you know if any monsters are sneaking up on you if the blanket is always over your head? It's only a temporary shield
>>
>>27163008

Control your inner dialogue.

and practice inner hospitality (compassion towards yourself, for all your shortcomings and mistakes)

Forgive yourself for everything. And play to your strengths.

Slowly, your positive traits will poultice the negativity inside of you.
>>
>>27163008
>I'm often called cute, pretty and 'could look hot'.
You actually have people who openly accept you and share their feelings with you. Do you realize that you are already way above us robots?

This means you are capable of being normie. That's something to like. It means you can achieve happiness. You just need to change a few things maybe. You don't even have to be perfect to be successful, just average. All you need is love, man. Some of us will never have that, but you are close.
>>
>>27163155

Thanks anon. I'm really trying to overcome this, I finally had the courage to open up to somebody and was thrown back down. They told me that I sounded stupid and to end communication on this subject.
I hate how I feel, yet I can't help it. I worry if I am not able to love myself, how can anyone else?
>>
>>27163257
As soon as people get close to me they generally end up running away and that hurts. I would rather have no affection than false hope.
>>
>>27163243
>And play to your strengths.
What if you don't have any?
>>
>>27163340
At least they get close in the first place. That's infinitely closer than many of us.
The next step is to figure out what makes them run? Is it something you can change? Or is it the kind of person that you are opening yourself up to?
>>
Loving yourself is pretty easy. It depends on how easily you're influenced. You could just change your inner monologue into something more positive but most people don't know how that's done so I suggest self help audiobooks. Just go through a couple of them until you find one that you like and makes you feel optimistic. It's all bullshit psychology and it might not last forever but there's so many self help books you could probably chain-read one every two weeks for the rest of your life.

Recently I liked this one called The New Psycho-cybernetics. I just torrented the audiobook and listened to it when driving. It's about envisioning yourself as a successful person inside of your mind. Not just as words, but using your imagination to create a mental picture you're familiar with and having that mental picture do good things.

It reminded me of this scene starring Cuck King Louie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0ETAVxXtec
>>
I'm the same way, except I don't have the source of positive reinforcement that you have. People tell me I'm shit and I believe them.
>>
>>27163270
Not everyone understands that sort of thing anon and might never know the struggles of low self esteem. I know its hard but you need to know you're not the only one who feels this way and it can happen to the best of people. This anon >>27163754 is on the right track in that you just basically need to force the change even though you might not believe it at first. Relationships are hard and it's never easy to find people to be with but if you're doing something you love and are doing for yourself and not others then people will flock towards you guranteed.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.