[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Started first official day as a wagecuck ever >Already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 19
File: 1393145769185.png (10 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1393145769185.png
10 KB, 500x500
>Started first official day as a wagecuck ever
>Already hate this shit
>Wanted to run off home and huddle underneath blankets while wondering how anyone voluntarily subjects themselves to this
Seriously, fuck this shit. You wagecucks can have your slavery.
>>
>>27160398
Oh no! I have to preform labor for the first time in my life! Better apply for NEET bucks and go back to my parents house. :^)
>>
>>27160398
What job is it?
Fuck off this is original
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-14-21-00-12.png (153 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-14-21-00-12.png
153 KB, 720x1280
>>27160398
My new job starts tomorrow, does this job sound hard by the description?
>>
>>27160398
It'll be shit for the first week and you'll want to run away. Then it'll calm down slowly once you know what to do and get into the pace of things.

Then a few months in the pain will really hit and you'll become terrified that you will spend the rest of your life there and you are constantly daydreaming about suicide. I don't know what comes after that because thats when I always quit.
>>
>>27161304
its a cycle.

weeks were you are calm, then the pain comes on. then the pain sies down as you try to nit think about it, then it comes back then it dies down so forth and so forth.

shit bottoms out when a customer redicules you ... excuse me the company!

shits not easy but for 15 dollars an hour ... i guess i can take it.
>>
>>27161304
Holy shit me too, I feel like I need to contribute something to society that isn't meaningless labour. Something that can improve the human race someway, that is my dream job.
>>
>>27161259
Yes. Sounds quite difficult to be completely honest.
>>
yes work sucks especially with a bitchy boss
>>
File: image_2.gif (199 KB, 336x468) Image search: [Google]
image_2.gif
199 KB, 336x468
>>27161463
Well I have no choice I haven't worked in 3 months and my mom keeps talking bad behind my back calling me a loser and usless and asking for her rent money. I'm 20 and have been working in factory jobs for two years now , on and off. How do I escape this hell? My psychiatrist said I should get NEET bucks but that won't stop her from talking bad about me.
>>
File: 1453698257273.jpg (36 KB, 511x428) Image search: [Google]
1453698257273.jpg
36 KB, 511x428
>>27161624
Anon, I feel you. I don't know exactly what situation you are in, but eventually you have to stop caring what people think of you. It doesn't matter what they think, the only thing that matters is your happiness. Get on NEETbux if you want. Fuck everyone else.
>>
>>27161421
>15 dollars an hour
Must be fun to live in America. The last job I had (and escaped from after two weeks, fuck 14 hour "shifts") paid around $2 per hour.
>>
File: Capture.png (329 KB, 654x425) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
329 KB, 654x425
>>27160398
>Complaining about having a job
Fuck I cant even make it to that step. Been applying for 3 months now and I cant land anything not even a hit warehouse job or stocking job. Im going to have to fucking sell my body parts, Im at the point where I go at night and steal fruit becuase Im so fucking poor. Fucking hate living in in a big city where all the jobs are given to spics and teenagers.
>>
>>27161259
prepare for lots of caulking jokes
>>
File: 1405359001256.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1405359001256.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>27161624
>"my mom keeps talking bad behind my back calling me a loser and usless"
>B...B...BUT I MUST MAKE MUH PARENTS PROUD OF ME!!!
Wagecucks says the funniest things!
>>
>>27162118
Kmao
>>
>>27161903

Boo hoo muh turd world
>>
>>27160398
At least you have a job you ungrateful piece of shit.
>>
>>27161624
Do you make more from working or from disability?

Could you live tolerably on disability without her support?

Do either options have room for advancement to less miserable work?

Are there other options (did you go to college?)
>>
>>27161259
shit dude I make $13/hr just standing around at Costco
>>
>>27162389
Shit what's your position at Costco?
>>
>>27162602
cashier

when it's slow i'm literally just getting paid to stand
>>
>>27162614
Not that guy but may I ask your age
>>
>>27162632
i'm 20 and i work part-time

costco's wages are super high for no reason
>>
File: maverick_thumbs_up_small.jpg (29 KB, 440x294) Image search: [Google]
maverick_thumbs_up_small.jpg
29 KB, 440x294
>>27162653
Good on you m8
I wish I had a job
>>
>All the first worlders making $10+ an hour in entry-level positions
When I first started working in 2008, I couldn't find anything that payed more than minimum wage ($6.55 at the time) if it was retail or restaurant work. Even warehouse, factory, and entry-level construction, and assistant manager jobs paid $8-10 an hour. When did this happen?
>>
I have a home schooled education, I spent the past decade sliding down rails for cameras. I have no resume. I heard walmart hires anyone. fingers crossed I get in. 'wagecucks' have a good life, don't hate on that shit.
>>
>>27162827
I'm A-social most of the time, I got to the point where I don't need to maintain contact with people to survive. The wage slave aspect is for socialization and the illusion of hope for my friends so I don't lose them.
>>
>>27160398
I start my first job tomorrow.
tfw
>>
File: froggu.jpg (101 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
froggu.jpg
101 KB, 400x600
>>27162259
>Do you make more from working or from disability
The job I have tomorrow pays $12/H and on disability the average a month is 1,100, I live in Canada.
>could you live tolerably on disability without her
I'm not sure because I never really looked for any places to rent but I think I should start now.
>do either options have advancement to less miserable work
The maybe I could work for a while then get NEET bucks and save up for a place to rent.
>did you go to college
No, for multiple reasons
I don't really want to but society says you need a college education to make a decent living, and then there is the question of what do I go for. I honestly do not want to be a NEET or a wagecuck both seem awful
>>
>>27162778
The decent wage + decent quality of life gigs are white-collar now unless you work for costco
>>
>>27163220
I'd keep the education variable on the table. I hate to say this, but with age, you definitely realize a few thing. You may not give a fuck about the degree (I'd go for a trade). But it will help later.
>>
File: file_0.png (280 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
file_0.png
280 KB, 500x500
>>27163456
But how do I know what I'm good at? I want to get a degree in something that will not only make me have a decent pay but will also let me improve things in the world, I know people will probably think I'm delusional but I feel like if I'm not improving the world in some way then I might as well be dead.
>>
File: smug monster.png (128 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
smug monster.png
128 KB, 500x500
>mfw I quit my job in a stamping plant to do freelance web design and sell shitty erotic novels through Amazon, with a little bit of voice work on the side
My parents are unbelievably disappointed in me.
>>
File: 14579022442.gif (93 KB, 212x192) Image search: [Google]
14579022442.gif
93 KB, 212x192
>>27163646
How much do much do you make for both jobs?
>>
File: 1453261116437.jpg (61 KB, 721x960) Image search: [Google]
1453261116437.jpg
61 KB, 721x960
>>27160398
Woah OP, today was my first day as a wagecuck too. I get paid fairly well for my position tho.
>mfw I still hate it cuz im lazy af
>>
>>27163646
How much are you making now compared to your stamping plant job? Sounds like you living the dream to me.
>>
>>27160398
Suck it up faggot. You're not special.
>>
>>27163714
The web design depends on what they want. Usually a couple hundred bucks. I fix computers sometimes too, that's usually $50 a pop. I get something like 70% of each book sale and I guess a lot of middle-aged women buy them so that's most of my income. Voice work is usually a hundred or so. I've done stuff for local commercials, and some clips for radio stations and shit. I was making minimum wage in the stamping plant.
>>
>>27163646
How do you get into voice work? I get told all the time that I have a really good voice and I should be on the radio.
>>
File: right.png (84 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
right.png
84 KB, 500x500
>>27163591

>Implying you even have the capability to improve the world.

99.999% of all people born on earth are just useless worker bees who make the cogs turn.

The true innovators like Tesla, Newton and Einstein are the only ones who truly make a difference and in the long run, let's say 5000+ years, even they will be forgotten or if they are remembered just be remembered the same way we currently remember the guy who invented the horse-drawn carriage.

My advice is to do what makes you happy. If that doesn't include being a wagecuck, take all the shortcuts you can, save up money and invest until your money makes you enough money to get by.

When/if you have that kind of money to fall back on you can start thinking about what you want to do with your life.

Also if you want to "improve" the world, become rich.

Bill Gates probably helps improve the world a lot more than all the volunteers in Africa combined.
>>
File: 1448170418650.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1448170418650.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>>27162118
my sudes mane
>>
>>27162033
It's funny how that happens. I got my job today by dropping my friend off, then the owner asking me to fill in for someone with no prior experience. Guess you just gotta know the right people
>>
>>27161304
Damn, that's exactly how I've felt with every job. Except I've stayed with my current office job a few years now and still wish I was dead every day.
>>
>>27163824
>I get something like 70% of each book sale and I guess a lot of middle-aged women buy them so that's most of my income.
Living the dream
Living
the
dream
I wish I wrote those Sasquatch fucker books. Bitch is probably a millionaire
>>
>>27163831
Fuck if I know. I got into it by calling into a nearby radio station doing voices as a joke. They had my number from that and called me up when they needed somebody to do sound clips and shit for them.
>>27163930
Probably, yeah. I tried the parody stuff but I couldn't get into it. I'd sell lolicon-themed ones if I thought they would let me.
>>
File: 1450403627461.jpg (80 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1450403627461.jpg
80 KB, 645x773
>tfw I wagecuck for just $8.25 and hour at a grocery store
>been there a year and a half
>know multiple departments, part of the safety team so already part of management
>do different shifts every week
>wanna kill myself every day

I don't see what you robots complain about, you could be getting paid less. I'm the epitome of a wagecuck and I see no way out.
>>
>>27161259
Reasonable hours and standard pay for entry level labour. Plus assembling shit is relatively rewarding. Go for it famalam, perhaps it will lead to greater opportunities if you work hard!! :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 832x690) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 832x690
>tfw salaryfag with decent job
Feels good amigo.
>>
>>27163646
How long is each novel and how much do they sell for?
Sounds perf man
>>
File: wagecucks lmao.jpg (13 KB, 173x292) Image search: [Google]
wagecucks lmao.jpg
13 KB, 173x292
>get a job
>huge language barrier
>no one ever really trains me
>im now at 6 months working here and dont have any fucking clue what im supposed to be doing half the time
>spends most of my 7-8 hour shifts just sort of walking back and forth
>every time i try to figure something out on my own get troubled glances and everyone keeps asking me "what are you trying to do?" "who told you to do that?" "maybe you should just go stand over there"
>one coworker literally goes out of his way to stop me from ever doing anything
>i go to one place and he runs over and shouts NO at me until i stop
>i go somewhere else and he follows me and does the same thing
>every once in a while managers walk by and look at me like im retarded
>as soon as i show up to work i usually get told to just go take a break, even in the first 5 minutes
>a few days ago one of my coworkers told me he thinks i lack independence and that i shouldnt need to ask anyone what to do

I'm so fucking tired of this fucking job. I don't even mind working, if I had something to do i'd be super fucking happy, but I very rarely do, so I end up wiping the same counters down over and over again for hours. I figured they'd fire me, but the higher up manager said he wants me to stay as long as possible and he doesn't ever want me to leave. I'm basically getting paid to stand around. I could honestly just walk away for 20 minutes at a time and no one would really notice or care.

This might sound like a dream to some people, but its really killing my self esteem. I'm so tempted to just quit every day, but I don't have any other job lined up and I can't find one.

>>27164031
>do different shifts every week
I know that feel bro, except I do different shifts every day. Sometimes i'll do the latest night shift followed by the earliest morning shift.
>>
>>27164526
150-200 pages, maybe? I get hammered and crank them out over a weekend. I usually sell them for $4.99, and I get 70% of that.
>>
>i started my first job two weeks ago
>i work 3 days a week for minimum wage
>on the days i work up i have anxiety that makes me puke every morning and unable to eat the whole day
>got my first paycheck
>realized i dont have a single bill to pay and its just sitting in the bank
>slowly but surly getting more and more depressed every day
>>
File: Lapras tree fiddy.jpg (45 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
Lapras tree fiddy.jpg
45 KB, 500x362
>>27164575

So you crank out books on the weekend and get paid about tree fiddy?

Damn, Loch Ness monstah, you sneaky!
>>
any advice for an aspiring wageslave? i'm 18 and never had a job in my life, but i gotta go hunting in the next few days due to shitty situations at home.

like how do i even start? ive been told to ask for an application but who do i ask? whoever is behind the counter? i have no fucking idea what im doing and am prepared to spill maximum spaghetti when i go searching
>>
>>27164681
Don't ask people behind registers unless it's a very small store or gas stations. If it's a grocery store/department store find the customer service and they'll point you in the right direction.

Also remember this isn't going to be your permanent job. Just talk to people and eventually somebody might find a better job and quit and you can follow them there.
>>
>>27164677
Huh, I didn't run the numbers on how much I get per book. Go figure, I guess I'm a 200-foot tall monster from the late cretaceous period.
>>
>>27164527
You should ignore the fucker who stops you from doing things. Just cold-fucking ignore the fucker. Coworker, not boss. He has his own work to do, he can fuck off and die telling you anything about the job you're doing. If management is as sweet as you say, there's really nothing he can do other than his own fucking job.
>>
>>27164575
Nice man I'm guessing not too difficult?
How many do you have out at the moment and how many do you sell a week/month or whatever
>>
>>27165013
It takes a bit to get started because I have trouble starting any writing, but it goes pretty easily once I start.
>how many do you have out
Twenty, maybe? I don't count them.
>how many do you sell
I don't really care to look at the numbers. I sell enough to buy cheetos and coca-cola and cat food
>>
>>27165055
Cool stuff man that's impressive, sorry to blast you with the questions its something I think I could do myself one day
>>
>>27164527
What I meant was totally different department shifts, I have to do swing shifts all the time but I basically have 4 jobs where I work.
>>
>>27161259
No it's easy as shit just framing work and moving shit. Don't be a bitch.
>>
File: IMG-20160313-WA0006.jpg (189 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160313-WA0006.jpg
189 KB, 1200x1600
>>27164681
Just print out your CV and go from place to place asking if they need anyone. Don't be afraid to ask questions, be confident but humble. If you're working in the service industry, be prepared to meet shitty people demanding everything from you. Be friendly, smile. Unless you're working the late shift at MaccyD's on a Friday night on Union Street then yer fucked m8.
>>
>>27164031
>different shifts every week
I work at a grocery store too and I like having different shifts every week, keeps things different instead of the same time every week. It's only 9$, but I usually work in the meat department but sometimes I do the registers, I could get trained anytime I want to become a meat cutter and make maybe 15 an hour, but money really isn't an issue right now, feels pretty good desu senpai
>>
>>27161259
Enjoy your back snapping lel.
>>
basic income when?

people have no dignity these days working shit jobs for shit pay and contemplating suicide. how is that a good thing?
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.