[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you blame your parents for your current robot state? If so, why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: 1455581539992.jpg (68 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1455581539992.jpg
68 KB, 633x758
Do you blame your parents for your current robot state? If so, why?
>>
File: REEEE.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
REEEE.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
Definitely.
>cutfag, so cucked by life from day one
>mum didn't let me play with my friends outside of school without her permission, so I never learned how to be social
>dad was always working, so I never learned how to be a man
>>
File: Mexican Gangster.png (413 KB, 455x601) Image search: [Google]
Mexican Gangster.png
413 KB, 455x601
>>27158924
Mexican here. My family was Catholic when I was little, a lot Spics were too, so that meant I could mean I can make friends there easy but we became protestant. We went to a fairly new Guatemalan protestant church where I was the only kid there. All this was before I started elementary school.
>>
Nah, I'm just a faggot
>>
my parents are just stupid, you know? i think they meant well but they just didn't know how to raise kids
for example
>circumcision
just fucking stupid people desu
>>
>>27159056
Fucking this

Hurts when someone writes it down so accurately.
>>
>>27158924
No
I actually just now realized that I blame one thing that happened a long time ago
And it was just a thing that happened, not a person

Fucking butterfly effect shit
>>
>>27158924

They were helicopter parents. My mom especially. She insisted on doing everything for me, and now I have anxiety over doing the most mundane shit.

I'm too old to keep blaming them, though. I'll be 30 in a couple years, so I'm going to have to just suck it up and try to get over it.
>>
neurotic mother and distant father

have no idea how a proper conversation or relationship is conducted
>>
No but it really hurt my development being isolated from others at a young age and spending all the time in front of the TV while they worked because I ended up being 3-4 years behind the maturity of everyone else in middle and high school. A smart child would have adapted quickly despite the situation but I was not a very smart child.
>>
File: 1455493908847.png (231 KB, 304x366) Image search: [Google]
1455493908847.png
231 KB, 304x366
>>27159270
Nah man, you're never too old to stop blaming your parents. Fuck up as a parent and your kid's life is fucked up FOREVER
>tfw will never feel truly responsible for my faults
>tfw this is the only upside to how shitty I am
>>
>>27158924
Was never allowed to hang out with the failed normies in middle or high school if I didn't have honor roll. So I ended up spending every weekend playing vidya and doing chores. Now it's all

>anon why are you such a hermit????
>>
i literally have great parents and my sisters have mostly turned out fine. i am just garbage for some reason. i keep trying to fight it but i'm losing. idgaf at this point
>>
I blame my shitty genes and SOCIETY FOR NOT ACCEPTING ME REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27159366

iktf bro.

Parents were always worried about "bad influences" but it seemed like just about everyone was a bad influence in their eyes. Constantly harassed my brother about hanging out with his friends since he was more rebellious than me and did it anyway. Always took his computer and grounded him just because he hung out with some kid they didn't like, even though he never hung out with people who did illegal shit or anything. Then later on down the line they would ask me why I never went out with my friends. I pretty much thought I wasn't supposed to have friends.
>>
Pretty much, I love my parents and think they're great people but I wish they had only ever had my sister.

For one I'm simply too short to really get the most out of life as a man, as we all know statistically shorter men make less money than their equally qualified taller partners, have less happy marriages, have less success with women, and are more likely to kill themselves.

I've had some girlfriends and sexual partners so all is not lost but there are many things I will never do as a result of my height, including a lot of women.

In addition my mother got sick when I was in middle school and I wound up having to attend and graduate high school in an inner city neighborhood. The lack of money that we had as well as being placed around those type of blacks really did long term harm for me in my opinion.

Again love my parents but wish I was never born.
>>
nah, i mean, i wasnt the favorite child, but they literally provided me with everything i could have ever wanted.

Brought myself to this situation
>true cuck
>>
>>27158924
No I blame this incurable mental illness called social anxiety.
>>
>>27159512
do you love your sister too?

I don't blame my parents. I blame myself or "god" (fate, genetics, etc.).
>>
I feel like the phantom sexual pain caused by the lack of foreskin subjects a constant layer of mild psychosis upon me.
>>
File: 1450485683897.jpg (534 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
1450485683897.jpg
534 KB, 2592x1944
>tfw you had the potential to have an awesome life but a couple things here and there was all it took to utterly destroy it

it's like unbearable regret except a lot of it you weren't even responsible for.

Moving around when I had friends, homeschooling when I did not. No adolescence except behind a computer screen and on an office chair. Prozac from an early age with "counseling" (aka friends for hire). Very poor and selfish choices made on my behalf of my parents that had real, tangible consequences. Neurotic mother was mostly responsible for raising me -- would've grew up normal if my dad had custody. Parents split up when I was 8 and my dad who was an awesome parent lived far away. Mother had ingrained a sense of guilt into me and I'd overreact when I felt I had done the slightest thing wrong if it were wrong at all. Became socially stunted and had developed crippling depression in my very early adult life and on which was nothing at all like in my earlier teens. As a result of this: immense psycological scarring, never had gf, never had a job, no useful skills aside from my education and rifle marksmanship, no friends (anymore), etc, etc, et-fucking-cetera.

And I'm still told I don't blame myself enough my by mother...

What's done is done. All I am trying to figure out right now is to undergo the herculean task of overcoming my problems and move on with my shitty, ruined life. I obsessively daydream that I was somewhere else, in a different time, in a different place where things were problems were simple and not like they are at all now. My only hope now is if society had plunged into a new dark age from an apocalyptic event that didn't kill every single person but made modern life impossible. I'd be hard work but I'd finally have that clean, blank slate I've always wanted.

I yearn for death but at the same time I just like living too much. It's a terrible burden...

You know?
>>
>>27158924
Nah.
I was always alone by myself and made my choice myself. My parents were distant and I moved out cause I was tired to get shit for being myself, I don't blame my parents for this. I could care less. I want to live a better life than they have gone through. I just do my own thing and take it as it come. Minding my own business and living (Finally).
>>
File: 1449613960162.jpg (99 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1449613960162.jpg
99 KB, 640x480
>Get fucked by genetic lottery
>Parents just sort of leave me alone after my toddler years and don't really try to do anymore parenting until I'm a teenager
>Pretty much raised by TV and internet almost no human communication
>Parents put all of their hopes in me, high expectations
>Not good enough, crash and burn
>Have to live with my failure and the fact that I'm not good enough and never will be
>Now living out my days as a fat balding manlet NEET leeching off my parents
>Have experienced little to no joy in the entirety of my life, only bitterness and despair
>Wish I was never born
>Just want it all to end
>To much of a pussy to an hero
>>
File: 1409231735228.gif (421 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1409231735228.gif
421 KB, 700x525
>>27158924
My parents love me and thats great because I live in an area rampant with single parents. But I think they coddled me too much. I'm dependant on them for everything - food, transportation, shelter, etc. Recently I've been trying to be independant, but the whole thing really screwed up my chances of being "normal".
>>
>>27159975

When you make that first step towards independence, you will begin to feel a lot better about yourself. Just start with one thing at a time.
>>
ITT: basement-dwellers scapegoat their own parents for their own personal failures.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.