[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it all the NEET threads dis shit careers like McDonald's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: 7.jpg (7 KB, 284x160) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
7 KB, 284x160
Why is it all the NEET threads dis shit careers like McDonald's or Wally-world? NEETS do realize that there's such a thing as being a professional, right?

>tfw 9-5 working for an insurance company.
>>
Why do you desire absolute order?
>>
Of course, a professional career is how I got to become NEET.
>>
>>27157114
Unless you have some well connected parents, then you're going to be stuck in shit tier jobs.

You should also know by now that a lot of neets are mentally ill, suffer a personality disorder, are on the autistic spectrum, etc. Someone like this is probably not going to make it past first the first interview for a professional job.

I have a BA (graduated with honors), and currently have a shit tier job in hospitality after being unable to find consistent work for 4 years. It is easy, but I HAVE to live at home, and even then, things are really tight financially (i make under $12-14k per year). I might be moving up to full time after working a year and half here.

It will be nice to double my income, but my job is very boring, not challenging at all, and I didnt need to go to college for this job. It's really frustrating because I want a professional job, but it feels like I'll never get access to professional job opportunities.
>>
>need a degree
>need to be smart
>need work experience
That's why. End your life, my man.
>>
File: 1443338153090.jpg (82 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1443338153090.jpg
82 KB, 1080x1080
>>27157114
>tfw my car got stuck in a ditch last night and the insurance company sent a tow truck to get it out

I love you guys.
>>
>>27157365
>>27157367
>t. retards who don't know about trades
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 282x282) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 282x282
>>27157393
This
>falling for the uni meme
>>
>>27157372
>personal insurance

Yeah, nah. The "careers" there consist of call center work... basically as bad as McDonalds.

I work with small-medium businesses regarding workers comp.
>>
>>27157367
>don't have a degree
>am average intelligence.
>had 2 years prior experience at Verizon.

Literally getting paid 45k + bonuses/commission 1 year into career.

Honestly, you aren't looking hard enough.
>>
>>27157543
Where do you work, man?
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>27157367
>>27157543

Location matters tremendously.

It's almost impossible to find a job that offers more than 38 a year around here unless you have a graduate degree.

Moving away isn't as easy as it sounds either.
>>
>>27157591
I started the thread.
I work for a small to medium business insurance provider.

Short version is I seek out candidates for reporting workers compensation payrolls to us and get them set up with the infrastructure and systems for it and maintain the billing account for the life of the policy.

It seems contrived, but it's really just cold sales. If you can learn a few computer systems and basic troubleshooting, and aren't afraid to make phone calls and send out emails then it's cake.
>>
File: asdfasfdsafsda.jpg (17 KB, 240x312) Image search: [Google]
asdfasfdsafsda.jpg
17 KB, 240x312
>>27157686
>and aren't afraid to make phone calls
>>
>>27157393
>>27157451
-t. retards who couldn't hack it in college
>>
>>27157393
Trades = repetitive backbreaking jobs that you now have to compete with Julio and Achmed for.

I took some trades classes at community college (auto tech).

The pay for techs is shit, foreigners are filling up the these kinds of programs (plumbing, auto cad, etc), and the work place culture sucks as bad as Stacy infested politically correct cubicle land.

Really hope Trump makes America great again.
>>
File: Smug Anime 211.jpg (43 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Smug Anime 211.jpg
43 KB, 500x281
The thing is that I refuse to be treated like a bitch. In order to become one of those senior manager BMW-driving shitheads you have to first be treated like a little bitch at least for some point. And people still do, up until their later 30s once their bosses finally retire. They have to suck toes, kiss up, intern without pay, and play the stupid corporate politics game, for YEARS.

I just don't want to. I don't want to be told what to do. Oh and trades are a meme that's going to be flooded with h1b1 Pajeets in the next few years.
>>
>>27157686
>it's really just cold sales. If you can learn a few computer systems and basic troubleshooting, and aren't afraid to make phone calls and send out emails then it's cake.
>really just cold sales
>just
>cold
>sales
If I were capable of making cold sales no shit I'd have a good job. I'd probably have a fucking girlfriend, too. I'm not sure what kind of talents you expect robots to have.
>>
File: 1410099686013.jpg (68 KB, 526x645) Image search: [Google]
1410099686013.jpg
68 KB, 526x645
>>27157686

And you're bragging about this?

I mean, good for you, you have an income and a cushy bullshit job, but you've hardly accomplished anything worth celebrating.
>>
>>27158157
You'd really rather live in near poverty for the rest of your life?
>>
>>27158606
What have you done?

Leach off the system?
>>
>>27157114
I failed to become a banker despite working in 3 different areas over the course of 4 years. I just kept getting laid off and looked at with embarassment.
>>
File: 1422677616059.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1422677616059.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>27158751

I have a crappy, low-paying job that only losers work. I would love to be a true NEET leech.

But, you're BRAGGING about being a fucking insurance drone-for small to medium businesses, no less. That's really sad, man. Like I said, I'm glad for you, you have an income, you're obviously not retarded, but you're not doing anything special or particularly valuable. In fact, insurance is a rather slimy industry.
>>
>>27157365
>Unless you have some well connected parents, then you're going to be stuck in shit tier jobs.
Not true. All you need is patience, giant balls and a little bit of talent.
t. eng, got a job and tripled my salary in three years w/ 0 connections/friends
>>
File: laughingatyourlife.jpg (48 KB, 253x229) Image search: [Google]
laughingatyourlife.jpg
48 KB, 253x229
>>27157114
>I'm better than those wagies because I have a high stress job!
>b-but I'm a career man!
>I have six figures, I can buy as much shit as I want!
Why don't wagies know how to appreciate the simple things in life? I guess only the wise can afford that luxury
>>
>>27159149
It says something about how messed up our country is that someone is bragging about his lower middle 5 digit salary.

Lots of the older blue collar guys I talk to at my job were making 70k-120k during the 1980s. Unfortunately most of them wasted their money on cocaine, and now they have nothing to show for it and are stuck working dead end jobs in the service industry. A few were smart and bought a house instead of cars and even more cocaine.
>>
>>27159317
>all I wanted was (literally) something to eat and a shoddy roof above my head anyway
>things poorfags and NEETs tell themselves
>>
>>27159238
Reading comprehension fail STEM fag (eng=engineering?).

I got a BA. Im guessing you have a BS
>>
>>27159368
>all the shiny stuff I won't even have time to use, really justify my ass kissing and high stress job
>at least Ill have enough to pay for my medical bills once I retire!
>things salarymen tell themselves
>>
>>27159149
>But, you're BRAGGING about being a fucking insurance drone-for small to medium businesses, no less. That's really sad, man.
Dude, with 45k + benefits, he's in the top 30% earners in the US without breaking a sweat. That's 7 out of 10 people in the country worse off than him, even more if we presume he's <30yo.
Sauce:
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_income_in_the_United_States

>That's really sad, man.
Are you sure?
>>
>>27159483
>because you can only make money from things you hate doing
Do you have brain damage or something?

>muh medical bills
Thank Cthulhu I don't live in the 3rd world shithole that is known as the US.
>>
>>27159541
>making money from things you like doing
complacency =/= liking anon
>>
>>27159398
>I got a BA. Im guessing you have a BS
Very true. I chose BS over BA because I knew from the get-go that a BA would only land me a job in serving fast-food.
>>
>>27159590
English is my third language, but I'm pretty sure you're not making any sense.

I genuinely enjoy my job, and I make a lot of money doing it. More importantly, I know for a fact that I'm not the only one.
>>
>>27158033
Sorry Anon but having a new president isnt going to solve your financial problems no matter who it is.
>>
>>27159596
Yet you still cant read and comprehend like 4 half paragraphs.
>>
>>27159967
You're like a roastie, spending a thousand words explaining why you're worth jack shit.

>b-b-b-but muh feels
>protip: nobody gives a fuck
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.