[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any college dropouts here? 1. What were you studying? 2. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 590x421) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 590x421
Any college dropouts here?

1. What were you studying?
2. What year did you dropout?
3. Why?
>>
>>27154027
1. Comp Science
2. 3rd year, technically just a sophomore
3. too dumb/ no ambition/ depressed
>>
>>27154119
Ever thought about going back? You made it halfway
>>
>>27154027
1) music performance
2) middle of junior year
3) realized i was wasting my parents' money on a worthless degree

was NEET for a couple years and then went back to community college to do business prereqs. eventually transferred to a university and finished a business degree. basically spent seven years in college getting a four year degree.
>>
Med school
I officially dropped out a few months ago, but I stopped going to classes and anything in 2009. I guess my mind slowly accepted it, without a major set-back.
Too dumb.

>>27154119

>depressed
Unless you were properly diagnosed, claiming that is just a lame excuse.
>>
>>27154392
you were smart enough to get in man. Should had pushed onward.
>>
File: 1428961978184.jpg (50 KB, 576x463) Image search: [Google]
1428961978184.jpg
50 KB, 576x463
Comp sci
Dropped out last year
Depression, no motivation, and grades / GPA were going to shit
>>
>>27154844

Getting in is relatively easy in my country. Staying in and graduating is the tough part.
>>
>>27154119
In my second year right now and thinking of dropping out for the same reasons plus I hate programming now. Did you manage to land on your feet anon? Please tell me there's hope
>>
>>27154027
Chemistry
Mental illness
>>
ChemTech
Psychosis attacks
>>
>>27154027
1. Vehicle Maintenance
2. 2005
3. Migraine
>>
1. Mech Eng
2. Second attempt at 3rd year
3. Mental illness
>>
>Political Science
>beginning of Junior year
>was sent to jail
I'm gonna try going back for Summer, though, if my PO let's me.
>>
>>27154027
1. Comp Science
2. 2 months in
3. I realized that despite picking the major with the best chance of encountering spergs and outcasts, it was normie hell and I was forced into group work immediately

the worst thing is I'm a brit so college was free and practically handed to me easy as hell. I'm such a failure.
>>
>>27157386
whatcha do?
>>
all of these are just "meh i didnt do the work, got bad grades, got sad and then quit ;("
>>
>>27154027
>wastewater treatment
>2013
>lack of dedication, motivation and hard work desu
>>
>>27154027

Biology, electrical engineering, almost started English

Haven't officially dropped out yet, but seriously considering it

I don't know what the fuck to do. I don't want a "career", so I'm paralyzed by indecision.
>>
1. 2014-2015
2. 2015
3. couldn't handle mental problems without trying to self medicate, spent a year blowing money on drugs and letting myself be taken advantage of for the sake of having "friends"
>>
>CS
>I dropped out before the first week was over
>A N X I E T Y
>>
File: 83% anger.png (198 KB, 445x288) Image search: [Google]
83% anger.png
198 KB, 445x288
>>27154027
>posts picture of college of charleston
you a cougar?
>>
File: 1448568523542.gif (103 KB, 458x438) Image search: [Google]
1448568523542.gif
103 KB, 458x438
>>27154027
Is dropping out withdrawing from all of your classes?
>>
1. Comp Sci
2. Half way through next year (third year)
3. Apathy, getting by without learning anything only takes you so far
>>
>>27154027

Double physics/math major. 3.7 gpa, 4.0 major gpa. Dropped out lastbsemester.

Had mental break, I need to go back and finish soon though, or I wont be ablevto get my doctorate till my 30s.Maybe I dont even want that life anymore?
>>
File: 1396643596964.jpg (29 KB, 326x318) Image search: [Google]
1396643596964.jpg
29 KB, 326x318
1.Finance
2.second time this year
3. Mental discipline disorder
>>
>>27158197
That isn't dropping out, though, is it? I think what Op means is you get put on academic probation and still fuck up resulting in a letter from your school saying that you've been dismissed.
>>
File: winnie.jpg (6 KB, 237x213) Image search: [Google]
winnie.jpg
6 KB, 237x213
>>27160020
Isn't someone who leaves at all considered a dropout?
>>
>>27157867

typical normie dumbo makes obvious observation and expects praise, more news at 9
>>
>>27158098
>doesn't want a career
Go to a trade school or technical college, faggot. Find a field you are interested in and then get all the certifications. 4 year degrees are worthless nowadays.
>>
Comp sci.
2nd year.
I had horrible mood swings that got in the way of everything, and I also wasn't motivated at all to do school work anyways. It was the best decision to make since it freed me quite a bit.
>>
>>27155774
Your country?
>>
I dropped out twice.
first time - studying engineering, dropped out senior year because i was setting myself up for a career i wanted no part of.
second time - studying sexuality studies, dropped out after a semester because i didn't have the money to continue and didn't want to go back into debt for something that seemed so unpromising.
i'd like to go back and finish something, but i don't know what.
>>
File: 4.jpg (10 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
10 KB, 229x220
>Med
>I haven't
>Dropout neets BTFO
>>
Second semester grad student. Got straight A's last semester but I'm a huge fuckup and I bet I'll get kicked out before I finish it. Then I'll kill myself.
>>
>>27160874
>huge fuckup
how? what's your GPA?
>>
>>27154027
1. Computer Animation
2. 1st week
3. I was too retarded and have no idea how I managed to get accepted in the first place
>>
>>27160902
My GPA is a 3.8 overall. I'm doing fine in my classes right now, but I got in a little trouble today for screwing up some research I'm doing as part of an internship (my supervisor said it was fixable but he seemed angry). My tuition is contingent on maintaining As and Bs, so if I fuck up this internship too much I'll be thrown out of grad school.

I got kicked out of college when I was 19 for poor performance due to constant, unrelenting drug use. My drug problems are accelerating again and I think about suicide every single day, its almost an obsession, the thoughts just won't go away.

I don't know. I have a history of fucking everything up. People expect me to do really well (I was the top choice in the department for funding) but I just hate myself and everything else and don't think I'll actually succeed. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop basically.
>>
Physics, 1st year. Lazy, didn't really want to do any work, then ended up feeling shit because underachiever, drowned myself in the NEET life and became homeless.

Now at 23, wageslaving at the same fucking soul destroying job I've done for about 3 years, simply to continue existing and occasionally get high. Literally life as wageslave is worse than being a homeless NEET. At least before, I had fantasies and impossible ambitions to dream of. Now I don't even have time to feel those feels, I'm at work every fucking day.
>>
>>27160405

No, you misunderstand, I don't want to do one single thing for the rest of my life. I get bored after a few years of doing things. I want to career hop, or, failing that, have 1 career that requires a bunch of different skillsets.
>>
>dropouts

>they think graduating means anything

literally all of my what the fuck

graduating is like step 0.000001 in life

then you need to actually get your first job which will 99.9% be unpaid or min wage, and thats after 5 years of looking for one.

0.002% get ivy leauge and graduate into a real job.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.