[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Philosophy thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
19 KB, 480x360
Who's your favorite philosopher/school of thought and why?
>>
>>27153757

is that zizek? zozzle.
>>
>>27153757
Julius Evola

He was the alpha who preached against the weak, feminine rise of communism. He wrote some of the best modern philosophy texts ever. Read "Men Among the Ruins" and you'll feel truly enlightened on gender, politics and even some religious questions.

He's also witty. Not exactly Diogenes of Sinope level of wit but witty enough to be entertaining.
>>
File: 1417897997448.jpg (15 KB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
1417897997448.jpg
15 KB, 250x233
>philosophy thread
>posts zizek
>>
>>27154451

Wow, too redpilled for me.

If you think the world is such an oppressive shithole, then why are you still living in it?
>>
>>27154541
Why would I think the world is oppressive? I'm a man with the world at my beck and call. I'm poised to be a guardian of the kallipolis of my choosing and live a fulfilling life. I can look down upon the failures of others without dragging myself down with them.

Nihilism is not inherently negative. Rejection of any vapid, pointlessly attributed meaning to existence can bring peace to those with enough fortitude. I will not kill myself, for that is the work of the gods. I will live and I will succeed and when my time is up, I will die and l will be ok with my passing.
>>
Descartes' "I think therefore I am."
>>
File: 1423181059369.png (98 KB, 255x252) Image search: [Google]
1423181059369.png
98 KB, 255x252
I like Guattari and Deleuze. I remember first reading them when I was 16. Every page was fucking blowing my mind. I wanna give them another read-through now that I've gotten more psychoanalysis and Marxism under my belt. Everyone complains that pomo philosophy is purely theoretical, but Guattari actually managed a mental hospital run under his principles and he was involved in some violent revolutionary activism, which made him a wanted fugitive.

I like Heidegger too. His works make me feel so liberated and free.
>>
>>27155038
Heidegger is a real champion. Probably one of the best existentialists out of Germany
>>
Schopenhauer's work is the consolation of my life.
>>
File: 1444830159595.png (615 KB, 632x1756) Image search: [Google]
1444830159595.png
615 KB, 632x1756
>>27153757
Pic related, live your life like a hilarious greentext story.
>>
who /absolutelyabsurd/ here?
>>
zizek is a popshit-tier philosopher

Anyway, everyone here on /r9k/ should know and worship the work of emil cioran.
>>
Everyone's spooked here

Free yourselves
>>
>>27155124
Cioran hated whiny teenagers and I doubt anyone here has even read Nietzsche so it's not like they'll get much out of Cioran
>>
>>27155178
Freedom is a spook.
>>
>>27155209
>>27155178
>implying the idea of "spooks" aren't spooks themselves
>>
Who here grew out of nihilism?
>>
>>27155198
>I doubt anyone here has even read Nietzsche
hes probably one of the most mentioned philosophers on r9k
>>
>>27155198
Nietzsche, Stirner and Cioran are easy reads imo. Its nothing out of the realm of reality. Reading old ass philosophy like greco-roman shit is way too abstract unless you find a translation that dumbs it down. Like actually reading the works of stoics like Seneca is time consuming
>>
File: opinion.jpg (72 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
opinion.jpg
72 KB, 800x800
>>27153757
Kant and analytics in general.

Continental niggers like zizek should be purged desu senpai
>>
>>27153757
i dotn care of anything, dotn want to name some philosopher
the only thing i have is my goal, to be a homeless man with stories to tell and traveling always.
im the only one here?
>>
>>27155258
You might have grown out of meme nihilism, but if you identify as a stoic, you might as well identify as a nihilist. Its the same basic concepts of self and the world, its just that nihilism became a meme that people thought meant "just kill urself lol" and now Nietzsche is rolling (proverbially) in his grave.
>>
>>27153757
the dog
>>
>>27155092
>Schopenhauer's work is the consolation of my life
Elaborate
>>
>>27153757
I took several philosophy courses as electives in uni. I liked it at first but my eventual opinion on it is that it is tedious and largely useless academic masturbation. I liked the logic stuff and ways in which a solid argument can be constructed, but beyond it's blah blah blah nothing.
>>
>>27153757
I like Sartre. He speaks to my depression and sense of epistemological doubt

Zizek fans are edgy faggots btw
>>
>>27155198
To be fair Nietzsche is rambling, syphilitic nonsense after a certain point (Zarathustra)
>>
Stefan Molyneux.
He's the last real philosopher. /s
>>
>>27156890
I too like Sartre
and Camus
>>
>>27155198
cioran was a (well educated) whiny teenager himself
>>
How the fuck do I find them? Where? Why did you weirdos start reading communist bs?
>>
File: baudrillard.jpg (9 KB, 313x499) Image search: [Google]
baudrillard.jpg
9 KB, 313x499
>>27153757
I feel this work has insight into the mentality of school shooters.

I read it along with Zizek's "Welcome to the Desert of the Real".
>>
The best philosophy book I've read was Merleau-Ponty's The Phenomenology of Perception. It's good for disabusing you of both empiricism and rationalism, where rationalism is the belief that reason is the path to truth (as seen in, e.g., Meditations on First Philosophy).
>>
>>27153757
whoever says Freud, needs to get roasted asap
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.