[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We all failed life because we had our nihilism phase earlier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: 1427428014811.jpg (133 KB, 780x818) Image search: [Google]
1427428014811.jpg
133 KB, 780x818
We all failed life because we had our nihilism phase earlier than normies
This is a fact
>>
File: euphoric_cropped.png (85 KB, 348x263) Image search: [Google]
euphoric_cropped.png
85 KB, 348x263
it's not
go fuck yourself
>>
>implying I failed life

kek, speak for yourself
>>
>>27152816
You go fuck yourself faggot
>>
>>27152824
shut up you self-fucking faggot
>>
>>27152842

I could fucking kill you right now if I wanted. I know where you live, stop messing with me kid.
>>
File: 1457900821609.jpg (219 KB, 1134x1001) Image search: [Google]
1457900821609.jpg
219 KB, 1134x1001
Normies don't even have a nihilism phase. They're animals, living only for two things : pleasure and breeding.

See everyone ? What do they want ?
>A nice job (money)
>A pretty wife
>A pretty woman
>A nice car
>A fucking dog

The money will be also used for hedonism (pleasure) : drugs, alcohol, sports, journeys...
>>
File: 1438447206950.png (61 KB, 214x304) Image search: [Google]
1438447206950.png
61 KB, 214x304
Everybody has a nihilism phase somewhere in the 15-18 range. The problem isn't having it, the problem is not being able to get over it and actually do something with your life
>>
Normies ebody and live nihilism, they just don't have the existential crises.

Closest they may get is a midlife one when their moment slows, but they'll get divorced or hamster their way into a new "phase"

I think the least nihilistic people are those aware of it. They act in a way according to logical consistency and self awareness. People who act truly amoral will delude themselves into justifications that preserve their ego no matter the action or outcome. To me, that is being a true nihilist
>>
File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (89 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (5).jpg
89 KB, 1920x1080
>>27152801
Maybe not all of us but I'm sure a lot of us, me included

I just did not see the point at all and thought it was impossible to build a life so I destroyed mine instead

looks like ive just picked a whole bouquet of oopsie daisies
>>
File: 1457855731493.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457855731493.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>27152887
>get over it

forget the nonsense of your existence *
>>
>>27152870
>A fucking dog
why do they castrate them then?
>>
>>27152887
To what degree though? I felt the abyss when I was 16-17. But I didn't pick up and appreciate Camus/Nietzsche until 22-24
>>
>>27152939
Simple. Prevent unwanted breeding

why this hasn't extended to the bottom 10% of our society though, I have no idea
>>
>>27152870
>Normies don't even have a nihilism phase. They're animals, living only for two things : pleasure and breeding.
This
For normies, this 'nihilism' phase is maybe being sad over a breakup with their girlfriend or some other minor shit
They have friends and shit that help them to recover 100x faster
>>
>>27152933
More like accept it. There's nothing you can do to change it, so just find a path or mindset where it's not depressing you.
>>
>>27152971
Because they can't be masters without slaves.
>>
>>27152870
Is there anything wrong with that though?

They're a slave to their desires therefore they want a woman. And they want money to fund their own personal freedoms and hedonistic tendencies

What else is there in life? Don't tell me any space travel shit, that's not for larger society and will be pioneered by the elite.
>>
>>27152801

maybe you are dwelling wrong

but so close to being right! you are a neighbor of right.

nihilism phase
it is a phase and this shall pass
but the only absolute is the passing
it can pass with you in death or it can pass when you pass it. passing is communative.

maybe you could reinstate yourself as the phaser through art and becoming self
embodiment of spirit

make a meme a day until the meme is made you

ok well thanks
>>
Autistic people buy the good boy memes because we take everything at face value. Especially when we are young.
>>
>>27153018
There's the goal of becoming the elite.

Also, learning and discovery. Improving skills. Taking on challenges and having accomplishments. Creating things.
>>
>>27153061
Speak for yourself buddy boy

I thought life was all about destroying anything culturally accepted because I thought everything was shit

I really was one gigantic faggot
>>
>>27152870
Nigger nihilism makes me spend all my money on alcohol and tobacco
>>
File: cosmos.jpg (288 KB, 1600x1237) Image search: [Google]
cosmos.jpg
288 KB, 1600x1237
Not to sound like a pretentious faggot, but do any of you guys ever look up at the night sky and feel the oppressive weight of a vast apathetic universe crushing you?
>>
>>27153100
Did you have friends? Girlfriends?
>>
>>27153110
I look at the night sky because it's beautiful. Something about it makes me feel cozy and comfortable. I haven't quite deciphered that feeling yet, but it doesn't have anything to do with the apatheticness of it. I mean, it's only natural that the universe is vast and apathetic, innit?
>>
>>27153110

no sorry i just look at trees and a bug usually

do you think the bugs feel oppressed by the trees
>>
>>27152801
Robots come to realize about nihilism at around 14-16, it might be earlier or a bit later, but thats it

Normies usually realize it, later at around 20-23, after all the alcohol and weed fueled parties and degeneracy, when things begin to finally cool, they notice how pointless life is. But worry not, they're now about to complete their univ, and get a job. Not to mention they have friends who'll console them
>>
>>27152801
All robots were roasties/Stacies in previous lifes that's why we suffer.
>>
>>27153094
>>27153094
>becoming the elite

If you can penetrate the club.
How will you fund these endeavors? You may have to become part of the system for a time to transcend it.

Live for yourself, is basically the takeaway. I don't see a need for master/slave morality if you're truly living for what you want. If you live to be a normie, go ahead. But you've become one by the time you get gf (most here are tfw) fall into the trap of being a parent and then need to accumulate capital one way or another.

It's all masturbatory anyways. I see no more value in becoming the elite than living simply. What motivation is there to become one? You will die and none of what you did will matter. If you seek recognition then you're still appealing to the masses, living in terms of them and society. Or you're living for your ego if you want to achieve for no other reason than your own drive.
>>
>>27153134
I had one really good friend because he hated everything just like I did and was even more than a misfit than me

Had some girl attention but didn't know how to act on it becuz autist
>>
>>27153427
That's kind of what I figured. Autistic people try to fit into society by being good boys or they just say fuck it all. We can't find the middle ground that normies walk. That's why not very many of us actually "make it" into a social life that extends into adulthood.

Nihilism, perpetual depression, etc. is a result of our failure to become part of the human bubble.
>>
>>27153514
interesting.

not that guy but always was an outsider. Didn't mind it till I felt external pressure to become sociable and found it difficult.

I can manage it, and probably am good now. Though I probably am closer to normie now, letting social slights slide better now that I did way back when I was starting.

What does it take to walk that middle ground, a certain level of selfishness and sociopathy?

Is it better for us to just exist outside that bubble where we'd fall naturally?
>>
The key to finding meaning in life is having kids. You shit out some brats and boom your life has purpose. There's your motivation to try at things. It's always been that way desu. Otherwise your life just stalls.
>>
>>27153649
>justify my meaningless existence by heaping that onus onto someone else!

I get what you mean but that notion makes me nauseous
>>
>>27153649
>>27153747
its the sole reason I have a stumbling block with relationships. I can't bring myself to dedicate a trusting relationship with a girl meaningful to me because I know she wants kids. I'd love the fuck out of em, but how can I perpetuate something I don't have any respect or joy in?
>>
>>27153630
Not him either, I'm actually who he responded to, but I thinks actually a weird mix of selfishness and selflessness. Selfish because you're trying to have the benefits of a normal life, selfless because you learn it's not all about you and you've gotta act different for other people's enjoyment and comfort. Also sociopathy in that you're essentially using people for the benefit, but also empathetic because you need to understand how people feel and do your best to act accordingly
>>
>>27153330
As an elite you can do interesting things even if they are ultimately transitory.

Personally I'd enjoy spending a lot of money on gigantic art / architecture projects.

But I also want to be a garbage man really badly, haha.

Desires are strange.
>>
>>27152801
>born nihilist
>a few years ago become open to the idea that there's something deeper to life and that I'm just not seeing it
>still a failure
>nope I think I was wrong
>become nihilist again
>things are tenuously okay but not really

Such is life
>>
>>27153110
no, sorry.
It's all just empty
>>
>tfw never had a nihilist phase
>tfw always have lived in pursuit of virtue
>tfw /fit/ autist
feels semi-good.
>>
>>27154028
so you want to indulge whims it sounds like, I don't think that makes you an elite.

being rich in my view isn't the same as being an elite. Elon Musk for example is rich, but that's secondary to his engineering, business, and inventor acumen.
>>
>>27154006
that all makes sense. It's what I had figured, but trying to grasp it seems more difficult. Knowing when to call on one or the other seems like a futile effort. Being able to navigate all that naturally is being "normie" I would guess. Maybe that's where we fail - in the differentiation
>>
>>27154197
True. And this is why I've pretty much dropped out of socializing for the most part and when I do I don't really play the "game" besides basic politeness and civility. I don't have the mental energy to and I was never good at it anyways.
>>
>>27154265

I mean I'm okay at doing it now but I can't tell you what changed. I guess the ability to say no to more things. Having a clearer goal allows me to filter what is a waste of time and what isn't

>>27154265
I did too. Interestingly I only went back to social circles when I wanted to develop my professional career. What I hate is that in some of the circles its easy enough to devolve the conversation back to business, but I've been lucky to find a few more good friends and keep older ones (even after my self-imposed isolation) to have the kind of company that's a lot more enjoyable - to be able to bullshit about everything
>>
>>27154309
>>27154265
wait a minute, you're here socializing.

What's draining about it, the anxiety of being face to face? There's different elements in both scenarios: here or out there.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.