[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
prove pic related wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 800x687) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 800x687
prove pic related wrong
>>
>>27152502
One is selfish thinking, the other is selfless thinking.

Selfishness and selflessness are not tied to maturity. They may be correlated, but it is not causal.
>>
File: cam-newton-yells.jpg (204 KB, 728x420) Image search: [Google]
cam-newton-yells.jpg
204 KB, 728x420
Most successful people are incredibly insecure and even entitled about their status and that motivates them to work hard.

Cam Newon makes millions of dollars more than the person who made this shitty last and he has the mentality of a toddler.
>>
>>27152534
We all thought he matured until he turned into a pouty little bitch in the Super Bowl
>>
>>27152502
It's not entirely accurate. You need to write, "Woman's Thinking," for the top list, and, "Man's Thinking," for the bottom list.
>>
>>27152545
another point.

people exist on a continuum of maturity. You can maintain maturity in given scenarios. It is when your life is disrupted that additional maturity may be necessitated. Nobody ever reaches a milestone of it.

>>27152560
lol, this tbqh senpai desu
>>
>>27152502
The person that made this is probably super immature, it reeks of a sophomoric attitude which is immature by their nature.
>>
I recommend a mixture of both
I'm just another looser though so w/e
>>
As posters are pointing out this is a model of Externalising thoughts and Internalising thoughts. Though frankly I still consider it correct since internalising thoughts is more mature. A healthy mind is a little more balanced mind you.

I'd also bring up an obvious gender parity but that would be immature.
>>
This is a false dilemma.
Sadly, one can encounter people that have different levels of what you call "Mature and immature thinking".

Also, luck is part of reality, saying that you are responsible for your success is saying that everything that has happened to you is your responsability, isn't it?
If so, then you are responsible of:
The date you were born
Your social status at the start of your life
The worldview you were educated to believe
The circumstances that your parents were dealing with when you were born

Saying that all of that doesn't have a meaning in the evolution of your thinking, and that you can do whatever you want in the same way someone else did it regardless of their own personal experience is really "immature".

It's really hard to use that word because of the social and political perception of it. It ranges from something that everyone seeks for to something that destroys our quality of life because we are not "childs" anymore once we have that characteristic and can't really enjoy the things the "correct way".
>>
>>27152636
I buy into red pill bullshit, I think women have the freedom of choice so its easy to slip into the 'immature' thought pattern in their shoes.

But I think balance is good. If you think your locus of control is entirely yours, failure will wreck you. When so much is not necessarily in your control, this is impractical.
>>
>>27152600
The person that made this post on 4chan is probably super insecure and has a huge ego, otherwise they've wouldn't feel the need to deconstruct something so trivial to such a degree.
>>
>>27152715
>But I think balance is good. If you think your locus of control is entirely yours, failure will wreck you.

Nah. You are responsible for your own happiness, because at the end of the day, it's really you who decides whether something bothers you or not. You can believe this and still not be crushed by failure if you also realize that failure is guaranteed to happen and there is no sense worrying about that which cannot be changed.

The worst that could happen if you centralize responsibility on yourself is you don't meet your expectations and feel shitty about it.

The worst that could happen if you do the opposite is that you achieve absolutely nothing because you limit yourself to what you perceive as limitation.

The optimist tries and he either succeeds or fails, but even if he fails can gain something from that. The defeatist always fails no matter the circumstance and has a 0% chance of achieving anything.
>>
>>27152963
Guy he was replying to here not that it makes any fucking difference but i agree with him. I think maturity is about 80% internalising problems and 20% pragmatic externalising.

>It's my fault I fucked this up but I can't quite work out how.
This is respectable thinking but not truly mature.

Everything else in your post is The Secret tier self help shite.
>>
>>27153072
>Everything else in your post is The Secret tier self help shite.

Bet you're a real happy camper, aren't you? I remember when I was an edgy cynical whiner.
>>
>>27152963
>realize that failure is guaranteed to happen and there is no sense worrying about that which cannot be changed.

i agree, but that flies in the face of the whole second part regarding maturity and "being responsible for your success"

Acknowledging things are out of your control is by the OP's definition immature. And if you go full bore into believing you are the sole actor in your success you internalize all your successes and defeats.

>>27152848
Me or the OP? Either way you're probably right.
>>
>>27153192
>Acknowledging things are out of your control is by the OP's definition immature. And if you go full bore into believing you are the sole actor in your success you internalize all your successes and defeats.

But it doesn't. Nowhere in the immature category does it list "acknowledging things out of your control". It just lists being responsible for your own success in the mature category. It doesn't even say it in an absolute statement. You simply inferred that out of nothing.
>>
>>27153257
it implies it, but no its not strictly there. Just as much as you attribute it to the mature category.

Really this is a stupid argument because the image is so disgustingly oversimplified.
>>
>>27153383
It doesn't imply it. You don't have to be an entitled spoiled brat to realize there are things out of your control. The image shows that entitled cunts are immature, responsible adults that take control of their lives are not.

Is it really that fucking hard to get?
>>
>>27153434
yes it does

Irresponible = externalizing failure, therefore immature.

Mature the opposite

Get fucked.
>>
>>27152502
None of it means anything in the end
There's no tangible reason why anyone deserves anything, but by the same token there's no tangible reason why anyone really should have to earn anything either.

It is all about you, but it's also all about others, and at the same time it's all about none of you (yourself or others) at all.
>>
Maturity and immaturity do not exist.
>>
File: 1457904991181.gif (555 KB, 400x276) Image search: [Google]
1457904991181.gif
555 KB, 400x276
>not earning things by convincing other people to give them to you
some people never learn
>>
>>27154719
This
All there is is endless conflict between made up ideals
>>
>dude just improve yourself and life will improve automatically
this is a sucker's attitude.
>>
>>27152502
it's semantics based bullshit based either conflict with other people or just listening to your own self without anybody getting involved verbally.

the whole mature, immature horseshit doesn't really apply. it's simplistic black and white thinking.
>>
File: 1318976029706.png (25 KB, 220x255) Image search: [Google]
1318976029706.png
25 KB, 220x255
I just do what the Jews do. Our society is not worth working for, as it is full of lies and corruption. No good deed goes unpunished!
>>
>>27152502
I agree, except
>It's about others
No, it's about me. Fuck altruism.
>>
>>27152502
>it's about others
Written by a woman or Chad. Thinking like that almost got my unattractive manlet ass killed or homeless more than once, because no one will look out for you when you're an unattractive male. They just want your time and money for free (everyone, society as a whole), and when they have no use for you anymore they want you to die.
>>
>>27152502
I agree with most of it, but
>it's about others
fucking retard, my life is mine and for me alone. No I one else
>>
what's wrong with being immature?
>>
>>27154710
Power is the only true justice, nothing else matters. If i take something, there's no question of right or wrong, i merely am now in possession unless and until someone stronger takes it
>>
>Work for some guy that promised me payment
>Doesn't pay me after completing work
>Ask him to pay me
>YOU'RE JUST IMMATURE YOU NEED TO EARN THAT MONEY, STOP THINKING ABOUT YOURSELF AND HELP OTHERS
>>
What is mature and immature? Defining mature and immature is like defining what exactly is normal. It fluctuates at a mere whim.

Remember when the beehive hairstyle was norm and a style of a "mature" woman?
>>
>>27156642
>chump doesn't require a written contract
>inexperienced mark spotted
>gets exploited by players
>mark cruise controls his way on 4chan
>>
File: image.png (175 KB, 1100x950) Image search: [Google]
image.png
175 KB, 1100x950
Prove this wrong cuckos protip you cant
>>
>>27152502
When I get high after a while of being depressed and not using marijuana I will get really positive and say that I deserve it. That's about it for me though, of course I am not entitled to anything.
>>
>>27157475
This is one lazy-ass Venn diagram.
>>
>>27157475
>Purity fantasy
No as long as it's not like jumping from one guy to the next every month, but thats more about me not wanting to be thrown away more then the pure pussy thing. I'm fine with a girl who's slept around as long as i think she ready to be with only me for a while.

>Love Fantasy
No i'm more excited about the validation and not feeling like a failure.

>Obesity
Bmi chart says i'm only overweight

>Desperation
No i no i''m not trying

Is that good enough?
>>
>>27157475
If it happen it happen. It all about meeting the good kind of people.
>>
>hey can u lend me 50 euroes
>ok
ff a few days
>can i have my money back
>UH NO MAN YOU GOTTA BE MATURE NODODY OWES YOU ANYTHING, YOU MUST EARN YOUR 50 EUROS BACK. GROW UP FFS KIDDO
>>
>>27158790
This also

>Oh look there's that thing that you wanted being given away
>A real man would earn and buy it himself
>>
>>27152518

fpbp

very origial
>>
>>27152502
i dont have to prove it wrong wagecuck

my bills are getting paid and yours arent

neet life is beest life
>>
>being a cuck
>mature thinking
>>
>>27152502
Disregard maturity.
Do what you want to do.
>>
>>27152963
>You are responsible for your own happiness, because at the end of the day, it's really you who decides whether something bothers you or not.

Let's shoot you in the leg and see how you feel about it.
>>
>>27153139

> this level of projection

And you even admitted to it, too. Lol.
>>
>>27158848
They're paying tribute to us with their taxes and for that I can only say they're welcome.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.