[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it even possible anymore to live the hermit lifestyle? I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1457842119272.jpg (66 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
1457842119272.jpg
66 KB, 437x437
Is it even possible anymore to live the hermit lifestyle?
I just want to get away from everything and everyone.
>>
>>27151935

I'm sure it's possible. Temperate places with lots of dense forests are probably your best bet.
>>
i know someone who did it for a while. He lived out in the forest somewhere, but would come into he city once a week or so to stock on cigarettes or whatever. No tv or anything just books and clean air.
>>
>>27152596
the city*

i don't remember him complaining about anything, but he is pretty easily pleased. I think i would probably get far too bored.
>>
>>27151935

when i was young i went up and the mountain had a secret grotto full of old cherry trees
they had died
in the branches were thousands of spider nests
go through with a stick and all the babies would jump out and fly away

then there were millions of spiders the next year and it was scary to go back

the year after that a hobo was sleeping in the grotto so i went home
>>
>>27151935

Check out hermitary.com

and this is an awesome read
http://www.riverbendnelligen.com/tomneale/anislandtooneself1.html
>>
>>27152759

Also! Check out this guy (click the pics and there will be little text to each)
http://www.carlobevilacqua.com/html/album.php?id_album=23#
>>
>work, put money into multiple CDs, save up for a good enough time
>go to un-owned forest/mountainous area (some States don't give a shit for land since they are anti-environment)
>buy good chunk of land at ground prices
>pay someone cash to build a one person cabin, all solar power, just enough for lighting
>wood heating, stove, cooking, everything else
>buy a high powered bolt action .308
>>>/k/
>buy ammo in mass, learn how to make ammo
>hunt and gather your food, make sure to buy land with running water near you to boil and clean

How do I know this?

>parents living the dream already in [confidential] part of the Western Rockies
>>
File: film-stalker5.jpg (521 KB, 1969x2052) Image search: [Google]
film-stalker5.jpg
521 KB, 1969x2052
>>27151935
Yes.

Back around December I deleted 90% of my internet accounts and subscriptions (facebook, hulu, etc.) and now all I have left is just an email address. Aside from turning my laptop on (like I am now) every once in a while I am never connected to the outside world. I haven't watched or read any news in months either, just the other night I googled some news websites and it's all the same fucking garbage it was before. Literally poison for the brain. All I do anymore is skip half my classes and play my electric guitar all day. If not that, I'm reading or just meditating (the latter is actually most of my day)

Go for it, disconnect yourself entirely. Just be alone and accept life for what it is for you. Fuck normies.
>>
>>27151935

It is possible, in many cases it might be illegal, as in if you just go and build your cabin somewhere, but if you plant it in the middle of nowhere, nobody will notice or care. Option b) is obviously saving up and buying some land.
then you have another two options, either stock-pile your rations and everything you need. problem is you will again be needing money, probably not a lot, but you need some. other alternative is reading up on survival/hunting/taxonomy/self-sufficiency books and learn how to fend for yourself.

Don't underestimate the mental strain though, being a hermit isn't easy, no more being lazy also no or very limited social contact. It can be taxing to go through it, and not everyone copes.
>>
Check out the youtube channel "solar cabin".

This guy basically is living in the woods on his own land. Living the dream.
>>
>>27151935
Yes. You can do this even if you're just a typical NEET. Keep your relationship with your parents introverted but respectful.

You'd have to cut out 4chan to be a true hermit, though.
>>
Not sure I'm really a hermit but I've been neet for years and never talk to anyone in real life. Never really had friends and a touchless virgin.

If you mean like living in the woods or something then it's probably possible but it sounds horrible to me. guess I'm just to used to having a computer.
>>
>>27151935
yes but be ready to forfeit most electronic creature comforts
>>
>>27152596
how did he get money for cigarettes, books, food, etc?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.