[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is it that imageboard users are apparently socially incompetent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: greatest ally.png (145 KB, 1359x600) Image search: [Google]
greatest ally.png
145 KB, 1359x600
How is it that imageboard users are apparently socially incompetent and lack social awareness, but are amazingly intuitive when it comes to seeing through media or policy bullshit, while normies completely fail to notice and even defend it?
>>
File: 1457893041527.jpg (65 KB, 874x569) Image search: [Google]
1457893041527.jpg
65 KB, 874x569
No point virtue signalling when you have no friends.
>>
>>27151598
this is true, our political opinions are not entirely made up to appease our social circle

also we have a lot of time to examine issues, normies don't bother
>>
>>27151644

Doesn't take a lot of time to realize shitskins flooding your country is bad. In fact my bullshit detector goes off instantaneously but I'm amazed by some insights I see on imageboards that people make that I would never have noticed or thought of.
>>
File: 1421631668014-0.jpg (208 KB, 864x1169) Image search: [Google]
1421631668014-0.jpg
208 KB, 864x1169
>>27151684
No it doesn't. But the equality meme is so socially ingrained from birth that people don't bother questioning it even when it's blatantly obvious.
>>
>>27151525
No one hear really needs a filter to influence their decision since we don't really care whether something said is hurtful or not.
>>
>>27151996

How is calling for self-preservation hurtful?
>>
>>27152023
A meant as relevant to today's society, who sees "hurtful" behavior like self preservation and non group think as not following muh multi culturalism.
>>
>>27151525
easier to observe something from the outside
>>
>>27151525
It's easier to see the full picture when you're on the outside looking in
>>
>>27151525
Because muh fee fees don't matter on an imageboard

Multiculturalism was a mistake
>>
imageboard users are outsiders to society. It's much easier to see the strings attatched to something when you're not a part of it. Sort of like how you can see your friend's GF is a slut and he can't.
>>
On the Outside Looking In you will always see the truth.
>>
>>27152191
In essence this. Since you are already outside it is far easier to see in, and the social pressures that normally force normies into bury my head in the sand mode don't exist for someone already socially ostracized
>>
>>27151525
>implying intelligence isn't negatively correlated with social ability
>>
>>27152253
I talked to my father about this. He told me the smartest people he knew had the least amount of friends.
>>
>>27152312
Pretty much. If you're friends with a highly intelligent person, you'll often end up having to drag them out of the house.
>>
File: 1457490494505.jpg (77 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1457490494505.jpg
77 KB, 803x688
>/r9k/
>smart about politics

HA HA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

It just seems bettet because most normies get their stances from a 16 year old feminists tumblr blog and probably dont even know more any presidential candidates besides trump and clinton, bernie if theyre redditors.

But that doesnt make us much better. There might be a good point made here and there but most political threads are just

>"haha fuggin plebs so dumb lol we know whats up xD"
>someone actually offers a proper disagreement
>"STUPID KEK NOT EVRN GONNA ARGUE SO DUMB NO POINT KEK"
>>
>>27151525
Aside from good answers like >>27151598 >>27152191 it might also just be as simple as dopamine or whatever other chemicals make you blissfully happy.

I've lived friendless and alone basically my whole life and have adapted to constantly living in a half-depressed state of mind, but one summer in my late teens my half-brother asked if I wanted a job which meant I'd spend my days on the beach in constant contact with cheerful people and hot girls who wanted my D. For about 3 months I knew what it was like to be a normie, even if it was just temporary and soon I'd go home to sit alone in front of the computer all day.

It's amazing how circumstance can cloud your judgement and change how you FEEL about things - like drugs. For the duration of this job everything about the world was just fine and lovely. It didn't matter if the country was going to shit with inevitable conflict looming on the far horizon, because the 'happy chemicals' kept any such notions of negativity well at bay. It's no wonder why hippies with all their drugs and sex are so naive about the world, and it's no wonder why most normies go with the flow so not to risk losing that constant high that comes with friends and gf's.

I can understand why Buddhists need to drop their earthly pleasures to even stand a chance of reaching any form of higher consciousness, because it really is distracting.
>>
>>27151734
>that article

It works the other way around too!
>>
>>27153272
This is true.

>spent a week in san francisco
>come back
>realise i didnt even check the primaries or debates happening or anything
>i usually dedicate hours to this every day

Why bother when you have an endless supply of escapeism
>>
>>27151525
Because many of us have the capacity to think beyond immediate circumstances.
>>
>>27151525
Why does that falcon look like such a bitch?
>>
>>27151525
robots perceive the world in a different frequency than normies
>>
Is SRS still run by those nutters and losers from Somethingawful?
>>
>>>/pol/

or

>>>/b/

Nobody cares :^)

origato mr commentos
>>
Because quite alot of us can think for ourselves even if we come across as reatrded at everything else.
We also like to be critical of everything by default. In the prevailing view of imageboard culture nothing in the world has any virtue except for lolis, vidya, and jew bashing.
>>
>>27151525

"Wherever progress is to ensue, deviating natures are of greatest importance. Every progress of the whole must be preceded by a partial weakening. The strongest natures retain the type, the weaker ones help to advance it. Something similar also happens in the individual. There is rarely a degeneration, a truncation, or even a vice or any physical or "moral" loss without an advantage somewhere else. In a warlike and restless clan, for example, the sicklier man may have occasion to be alone, and may therefore become quieter and wiser; the one-eyed man will have one eye the stronger; the blind man may see deeper inwardly, and certainly hear better. To this extent, the famous theory of the survival of the fittest does not seem to be the only viewpoint from which to explain the progress of strengthening of a man or of a race."

- Friedrich Nietzsche
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.