[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>what do you mean I can't go out dressed like this daddy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 11
File: 1457960411226.jpg (35 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
1457960411226.jpg
35 KB, 453x604
>what do you mean I can't go out dressed like this daddy? this is how all the girls my age dress, it's 2016
>>
Lol, nope, no, not gonna happen, I lied as a teenager too honey, go get some fucking clothes on.
>>
>>27150702

Nice job, idiot.

Now she's going to go out and get gang banged by 3 black guys just to spite you.
>>
>>27150702
>>27150743
[GAME OVER]
CONTINUE?
Y/N
>>
>>27150594
"You can go out like that and make your own mistakes, but I'm using your laptop for target practice while you're gone. If you put on something less revealing however, I won't shoot up your laptop. k?"
>>
>>27150788
N

YOU LOSE
>>
>>27150805
Threatening her and her belongings is abuse.
>>
>>27150594
>You're not going outside looking like a slut. Now go to your room and change into something appropriately or you'll be grounded.
>>
"When you are naked in a ditch and wanna call for help, I'm not picking up the phone!"
>>
>>27150594
>implying robots are fathers
The best you will get is your wifes son phrase.
>>
>>27150818
"You think this is abuse? You want to learn what MY father would do when I tried to be a stupid little shit? You want to get smacked and threatened with a belt? Didn't think so. Put on some clothes or lose the laptop. No ands, ifs, or buts."
>>
>>27150900
Verbally threatening with violence her is abuse.
>>
>>27150818
What if you bought it for her?
>>
>>27150915
See. If. I. Care.

In all honesty, this conversation wouldn't happen. I'm homeschooling and making sure my daughters only meet upper to upper-middle class teens.

Class segregation ftw.
>>
>>27150915
People like you are the real reason why public schools are failing so hard. No one wants to teach your shitty, undisciplined children.
>>
>>27150930
You'll never have kids, anyways.

>>27150929
>buy someone a gift
>they accept it
>go and destroy it months later
>"lol i bought it for you I can do whatever I want"
>>
You're literary asking for it. Don't come crying when you get raped.
>>
>>27150954
You're saying that like there's something wrong with it. If you have to break a laptop to maintain your authority, so be it.
>>
>>27150950
>durr you need to abuse your children to discipline them!
Never have children.

And go take a basic human growth and development course, pleb.

>>27150969
>durrr violence is the answer!
>>
>>27150954
>You'll never have kids, anyways.
I have a girlfriend and I'm not the hunchback of notre dame. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up reproducing someday, even if not with the chick I'm currently with.
>>
>>27150985
>taking back something you gave
>violence

Am I on tumblr?
>>
>>27150985

The laptop is a privilege not a right. If my child is going to disobey my rules then they will lose privileges.
>>
>>27150915

Tried this when it was picking up, told my mother I'd call the cops if she touched me she then proceeded to put the phone in front of me and made me kneel on rice while looking at the phone went out came back and belted me.

>was stealing from her so really did deserve it
>>
>>27150818
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRidmU
>>
>>27151158
>not following through with it

She called your bluff and you gave in.
>>
>>27150594

>implying I would ever buy clothes like that for my child in the first place

Can't wear them if she doesn't have them
>>
>>27151201

Would she not get an allowance? Are you going to go with her every time she wants to go to the mall with her friends?
>>
>>27151136
>>27151018
Do you guys realize how fucking abusive the way you talk is? I'm assuming you had a shit upbringing with over controlling parents and this is just your way of getting back but just reading this shit reminds me of my dad. Funny thing is he ended up breaking my collar bone and I blackmailed him for the next 3 years. He paid for everything and currently pays for my college.
You'd be surprised what's actually abusive.
>>
>>27151158
>kneel on rice
What does that do? Doesn't sound like it hurts.
>>
>>27151234

>allowance

Lmao. No. I never had one growing up. She can go out with her friends and stuff, but I'm going to be buying her stuff
>>
>>27151249

How is taking away privileges abusive? If your kid is being a shithead then they need to be punished. Taking away their computer or their video games or their time with friends until they shape up isn't abusive.
>>
>>27151257

Pour some uncooked rice on hardwood and kneel on it for a few hours and tell me it doesn't hurt. Worst is they can tell if you cheated since the grains tend to dig deep into the flesh after a long time so if there are none they'll just make you do it while they watch tv in the same room
>>
>>27151136
Lol you sound exactly like one of those fucked up dads who gets dumped by his wife. Did your daddy control every little thing in your life? Aww I'm sorry
But for real you talk like you were actually abused as a child you should go to therapy and talk about your repressed feelings befor you spawn some little shit
>>
>>27150830
Great Parenting.
>>
>>27151303
Oh for hours? Yeah that sounds more painful.
>>
>>27150830
Great parenting, have fun with black grandchildren
>>
>>27151295
It's super controlling and the way you said it makes it sound like the child has no control and that you are God. This type of child rearing will only foster hate and I guarantee your child will resent you.
If you ground them and don't act like their entire life is a privilege that you grant them they'll grow up much better.
I seriously think you were abused as a kid
>>
>>27151249
>>27151330
>taking away a privilege is abuse
>this is the current generation

I mean, kids today are already fucking freaks that are addicted to the internet and confused about their sexuality. I'm going to laugh at what cretins you raise.
>>
>>27150702
>Lol, nope, no, not gonna happen, I lied as a teenager too honey, go get some fucking clothes on.

"But these are my fucking-clothes :^)"
>>
>>27151388
Taking away a privilege isn't abusive it's how you do it. Nowadays kids get computers from school anyway so I doubt you bought her the Lappy.
I'm just saying making a me against them mentality will cause your children to rebel out of spite.
>>
>>27151364
>grounding them

Whoa Anon, that's abuse. You can't really expect to keep your child figuratively chained in your house as a punishment can you? They'll grow up to resent you if you keep them from going out with their friends.
>>
>>27151408
You were abused weren't you? You can't tell the difference between being strict and being abusive. I think most on r9k were abused as children
>>
>>27151441
Shut the fuck up Australia
>>
>>27151441
>everything I say is abuse is abuse
You're like the little boy who cried wolf. There's actual abuse, and then there's making sure your children don't end up doing something they'll regret, like getting too drunk to say no to Jamal at the party while wearing "fuck me" clothing.
>>
You're not going anywhere ;)
>>
>>27151441

Your definition of "abuse" seems to be "doing something that your kid doesn't like". In that case hell yeah I was abused. My parents didn't let me play video games when my grades were bad. They didn't let me onto the internet when I slacked off on my chores. Clearly my parents were horrible awful people.
>>
>>27150835
Actually failures like us robots make the best fathers, we know what mistakes not to make while raising a child
>>
Someone's begging for a good spanking. Bring the belt.
>>
>>27151364
I know you think you sound like you're going to be a good and nice parent, but your children are going to walk all over you. You're triggered by the idea of a parent taking something away. Please don't reproduce. Taking away privileges is about as moderate and basic as parenting can get. No beatings, no emotional abuse - just having power over the child's wants because the most important thing in the world to a child is having things they want. Just being real. This power is important because the child doesn't know what's best for him or her and you have to create these bumpers (discipline) to keep them on track so they don't become criminals or sluts or whatever.

>makes it sound like the child has no control

They don't fucking have control you idiot. You know why? They don't have money or experience and most likely don't have a proven track record of great decisions. You give them choices, not control. You're a fucking terrible parent, sorry to break it to you.
>>
>>27151483
You really don't understand do you? This is why we need child rearing licenses... You need to explain to your child why they shouldn't do what they're doing and then let them make their own mistakes.
I used to date this bitch in high school who tried to go out in an outfit like that and her mom just laughed at her.
She goes
>it doesn't leave much to the imagination honey! You don't want every guy to see you like that
Guess what the chick felt very ashamed and went and changed.
You can't just say
>don't do this or I'll hurt you or take away the things you care about
That's abusive and the reason a lot of children end up reveling. You take away what they like and hurt them so they do what you don't want in an attempt to spite and hurt you.
You will be a bad parent and your daughter will be a slut
>>
>>27151549
Children need to feel that they have some semblance of control especially in their teenage years. Over controlling mommy and abusive daddy raise betas and sluts
>>
>>27151405
>making a me against them mentality

There is no "me vs them" as I'm not their equal. It's a "me provides your means of survival and enrichment so respect me as such".
>>
>>27151558

That's one way it could go. Or it could go like this.
>it doesn't leave much to the imagination honey! You don't want every guy to see you like that
>yes I do
>goes out in the outfit
>becomes school slut
>you're now the proud parent of an unwed teenage mother

If your daughter is the type of girl who would be ashamed of going out in an outfit like that, then she most likely wouldn't have picked out the outfit in the first place.
>>
>>27151588
No that's us against them you make yourself into a god when fathers really don't do that much. You take away all the child's control and they will end up hating you for being such a dick. Prolly end up finding a thing they can control like their body (being a slut) or their mind (doing mad drugs)
>>
>>27151605
No dude it never happens like that girls slut it up to spite daddy who raped them or won't let them live their own life. Most girls sleep with one guy that doesn't make them a slut.
>>
>>27151581
They will have more control than they think. In the long run, they have control over their futures. I can't force them to make straight As throughout high school, I can't force them to repel the opposite sex until they're working adults, and I can't control the fact that my daughter will be attracted to douches at some point in her life, but I'll be damned if my children don't know better. They will come around if they know better.
>>
>>27151652
No they will hate you and leave. If you teach them well they will make good decisions as teenagers. Most pre gig is in the younger years and if they're fucks as teens you prolly already fucked them up and taking away your shit to make them conform won't work. My dad did it with my sister and she was a huge whore in high school.
>>
>>27151642

Do you really believe that every slut is someone rebelling against their parents? You don't think that there's any possibility of kids with too much freedom doing stupid shit?
>>
The only way you're going out like that is if I'm coming with you
>>
File: ss+(2015-06-30+at+08.16.39)[1].jpg (40 KB, 269x439) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-06-30+at+08.16.39)[1].jpg
40 KB, 269x439
>>27151558
>This is why we need child rearing licenses...
You're saying that parents are abusing children by making non-violent threats and you invoke your wish to restrict everyone's ability to have children in the same breath. Nice b8, tumblr.

>You need to explain to your child why they shouldn't do what they're doing and then let them make their own mistakes.
I'll explain to them why they shouldn't do what they're doing AND let them make their own mistakes. I'm simply adding a guaranteed negative consequence to the second part of that statement.

>That's abusive and the reason a lot of children end up reveling. You take away what they like and hurt them so they do what you don't want in an attempt to spite and hurt you.
It's not abusive at all. Look at OP's pic. You honestly think that you should let her make her own mistakes? I assume you also think that if I find drugs in her bedroom, I should let her make her own mistakes, right? Sometimes you have to be strict. I never said all the time, but there are certain times when it's necessary.

>You will be a bad parent and your daughter will be a slut
Doubt it. You're the one who's going to be the doormat letting everyone walk over you. People respect strength more than kindness, especially women. I never said the girl couldn't go to the party, only that she had to wear something less revealing or she'd be asking for it. Granted, I doubt it'd ever reach this point considering my daughter wouldn't have the bad influences that most other girls have(ie cable, public schooling).
>>
>>27151686
Most of the kids with freedom i knew grew up to be Angels compared to the catholic girls I know. Sure that could just be my experience but I've seen it in a lot of places.
>>
>>27151630
Why are you taking everything to the extreme? I'm not condoning controlling every single aspect of their life. Poor behavior needs to be addressed. Sure, some children are just fine being told "that's wrong, honey" but you're insane if you don't realize discipline varies child by child and most of them won't be fixed right up by a verbal statement of disapproval. Controlling things they want is almost universally effective though.
>>
>>27151708
It's verbal/emotional abuse I'm sure all you guys defending this behavior were abused as children
>>
>>27151728
No it's not controlling things a child want makes them resent you. You have what they want and won't give it to them unless they follow exactly what you want. They will repress the want for the thing just to spite you and go against your wishes to spite you.
You can believe what you want but when you raise a savage remember what I said
>>
>>27151715
>Most of the kids with freedom i knew grew up to be Angels compared to the catholic girls I know. Sure that could just be my experience but I've seen it in a lot of places.
Sure you did, buddy. My experience shows the opposite. But this isn't freedom, this is about dignity. I'm not stopping her from going out. I'm stopping her from going out dressed like a whore. It should never get this far in the first place if you raise them right.

>>27151731
>#FeelTheBern
gb2tumblr
>>
>>27151762
I agree with you that most parenting is front end but calling her a whore is a lot less effective than telling her why she shouldn't wear it. Controlling them should be the last resort when they refuse to listen to reason.
I bet those kids ended up better than you though I feel like you're not s very good person
>>
>>27151715

This kid is what happens when you give kids 100% freedom with no repercussion for their actions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethan_Couch
>>
>>27151790
When did I say 100% freedom? I said don't be controlling of their things. Your children are supposed to trust you you know
>>
>>27151679
>If you teach them well they will make good decisions as teenagers.

Yeah I know, and I guarantee they will eventually come to make the right decisions, but even I'm not deluded enough to think teenagers aren't a complete wild card. If anything, as I said, they will KNOW better even if they decide to do something stupid. But yeah nah, keep thinking raising children is a perfect calculated equation of freedom and kindness.
>>
>>27151679
This
>controlfreak parents
>hate them all my life
>beta af kv
>dont talk to them or have anything to do with them anymore
Great job
>>
>>27151840
It's not but I know I had a really shitty upbringing and that it's caused a lot of my problems. The shit you're saying was accompanied by fists and broken bones and I find it scary you think this is good parenting.
>>
"You can't go out like that"
"But Da-"
"Your underwear don't even match, you'll never get laid like that"
>>
>>27151756
>You have what they want and won't give it to them unless they follow exactly what you want.

That's literally what behavioral science is. But anyways, it's not a matter of using their wants to control everything they do. Whatever I gave them was once a positive reinforcement. Taking away is a negative reinforcement after poor behavior was shown. Positive actions get their wants back. Of course they're not gonna fucking like it, and they may resent me, but no one else is going to take care of them either, and they know that. That's just life.
>>
more pictures like op please
>>
>>27150743
There is something called disowning ones children. Can always make more crotch goblins
>>
>>27151915
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wired-success/201311/carrot-and-stick-motivation-revisited-new-research
Read this you're pretty wrong with the way you do it but but it is kind of the right idea. Bro you're wrong that kind of upbringing raises spiteful people who will repress their hatred for you but never really understand where their anxiety and depression comes from. At least that's what happened to me and everyone on this board
>>
>>27151194
Are you literally fucking retarded? Yeah call the cops and then go live with a shitty foster family or worse, she's fucking 16 so she's just going to be fucking homeless.
>>
>>27150594
>ill throw you out faster than you can throw nigger sperm inside yourself
>>
>>27151915
I have to go to class now sorry
>>
>>27151351
Best comment
>>
>>27151978

Come back after anon pls
>>
File: 1447033725767.jpg (542 KB, 1248x1853) Image search: [Google]
1447033725767.jpg
542 KB, 1248x1853
>>27151787
>I bet those kids ended up better than you though I feel like you're not s very good person
Good is subjective, but no, they didn't. I've seen this dichotomy in my own family. The strict families(even more strict than I'd ever even think to be) have children who are pretty happy and graduating uni right now. They've had long-term relationships with good men/women.

The children who were given a ton of freedom to be sluts and idiots?
Freedom Family #1
Boy #1: 28 now, hasn't left his parents' house. Plays phantasy star online all day.
Girl #1: Ended up fucking a ton of guys until she got knocked up. Matured after her kid was born and is now with a good betacux.
Girl #2: Ended up marrying a nuclear engineer. The one good story from this family.

Freedom Family #2
Boy #1: Ended up running away and becoming a stoner who now wanders from couch to couch, burning all bridges he ever had.
Girl #1: Nature girl who ended up working at a national park. Only good story from this family.
Girl #2: Knocked up by the singer of a non-famous band. She works 60 hours a week while her boyfriend does nothing and tells her exactly what to do.
Girl #3: Alcoholic who is basically a sugar baby to two men in their 50s.

Strict Family #1
Boy #1: Incredibly athletic. Spends his time snowboarding, skateboarding, playing football, and hanging out with friends when not at uni. Has a long-term gf.
Girl #1: Does very well in school and spends her spare time taking care of horses and reading.

Strict Family #2
Girl #1: In med school. Spends spare time reading and spending time with her long-term bf.
Girl #2: At uni majoring in special ed teaching. Insanely family-oriented.

Strict(My) Family
Boy #1: Has his own business, lives in his own apartment, has his own car, and goes to college part-time. Has a long-term gf.
>>
>>27151861
Are you me?
My father was the same, always screaming, very conditional affection, if i did something he wanted, he'd praise me, nothing to do with me otherwise
He screamed at me all day long once when i failed a maths test. Then i pretty much stopped talking to him

Now i ignore him even when he's in the room, dont talk to him unless talked to. It might sound kiddish, but i'd rather jump off a plane than talk to that guy. I hate him. He gave me the phobia of loud noises, his footsteps, and banging on the doors
>>
>>27151364

I seriously think your parents let you do whatever the fuck you want. How many nigger babies are you raising right now?
>>
>>27152014
>The strict families(even more strict than I'd ever even think to be) have children who are pretty happy and graduating uni right now

They seem happy. Doesn't mean they are. It was the same for our Family but it was fucked very hard.
>>
>>27151441

define abuse faggot.
>>
>>27152009
I'm in class right now my responses will be shit I'm don't in 30 mins
>>
Lol I love the retarded virgin trying to give parenting advice based on his own horrible upbringing.

>My father abused me and controlled me so it isn't the way

Lol yeah. Im sure your father was trying to stop you from being a big retarded faggot but you rebelled and became the biggest retarded faggot.

I feel so very sad for most of you.

Look at this faggot right here >>27152019

He can't stand that his dad tried to have some alone time when he wasn't praising or yelling at him. As if he doesn't want alone time all the time.
>>
>>27151364
>It's super controlling and the way you said it makes it sound like the child has no control and that you are God
This
This is exactly what gives rise to sissies who wont breathe if their parents tell them not to.
I have seen loads of these kind of guy, pussies who are more afraid of their parents than anything else. They didn't love their parents', fuck no, they just wanted to get away from them as soon as possible.
These kind of kids grow up to be adults who get jobs, move away, and never talk to their families again
>>
>>27151549
>They don't have money or experience and most likely don't have a proven track record of great decisions. You give them choices, not control.

> people who are bad at decision making should make important decisions

IS that what you are saying?
>>
>>27152111
Well my dad abused the fuck out of me it made me super depressed but in a lot of ways Chad. I needed friends because my home life was so awful and I found a gf to replace my mother (I know that's the worst thing you can do) once I came to college I joined a frat got a lot of therapy and now I crush puss every weekend. I still hate myself which is why I come here.
>>
>>27152014
>am from strict immigrant family
>focused on studies my whole life
>realized when i was 20 i missed the best part of my life
>dropped out of law school
>23 years old depressed alcoholic chainsmoker now living off the gubmint
>have zero friends
>family hates me
>want to an hero
Fuck you anon. When everyone around you talks about how and when they fucked or drank or smoked weed and had fun when they were teens, you realize that you missed everything. Maybe i'm the only one who's like that, but i just fell into depression, the only advice i got from some "friends" was LE JUST GET LE LAID BRO YOU WILL LE FEEL BETTER and i just gave up, dropped out of uni and go outside to pay the bills and buy food, alcohol and cigarettes.
>>
>>27152140
Sounds like your dad did a pretty fine job. Not even going to bring up that he had to take care of you until you became the annoying little shit. Your dad cleaned your asshole and your dick bro. Everyones home life was "shitty" because you took for granted the roof over your head, food and water, warmth. Hell you took having a dad for granted. Imagine if you were a homeless fatherless nigger like half the black population.
>>
>>27152067
It's the exact opposite in my family. All but 2 of the children from the "freedom families" rebelled. Not one child from the strict families has had a problem with their parents. Why? Because they didn't do stupid shit. The parents didn't allow them. The parents however did allow them to go to parties and doing all the normal things that they'd otherwise do, just not looking like whores.

>>27152215
Dude, I'm not saying "strict" as in controlling their entire lives, I'm talking about not letting them go out looking like OP's pic. It's good to have freedom, but there's a limit. As long as the children did well in school, didn't do drugs, and didn't go out looking like whores, they could do whatever they wanted. There need to be limits.
>>
>>27152230
He assaulted me with a knife once. He broke my collar bone with his knee. My mother used to tell me i would end up in a mental hospital. When I threatened suicide once they said
>do it we already waste so much money on you what's one more funeral (my brother had just died)
My life was shit and I still turned out better than you
>>
>>27152230
>Everyones home life was "shitty" because you took for granted the roof over your head, food and water, warmth.
Is this 18th century?
Why are you taking the air you breathe for granted?
Why are you taking the sunlight you feel for granted?
Why are you taking the roads you walk on for granted?
Why are you taking the life you got for granted by not working 24/7?
Why are you taking a lot of things a poor starving african child wouldn't take for granted?

The thing is, some things ARE meant to be taken for granted. Parents are one of them, they're your parents, not someone else's, but yours. If you cant behave normally around them, they are huge failures as parents for failing to provide you with a safe environment
>>
>>27152215
>When everyone around you talks about how and when they fucked or drank or smoked weed and had fun when they were teens, you realize that you missed everything.

LOL holy shit you are a fucking moron. You can still do all that stuff now in law school making fucking bank. My brother in law owns his own law firm, is rich as shit, and he throws crazy parties with his wife, they smoke weed, they drink, they trip on acid. They dont give a fuck and they are in their 30s.

You feel for a meme like a fucking loser.

>your best years are in high school

That shit is only said by fucking losers.
>>
>>27151958
Maybe you are just a pussy and don't realize it.
>>
>>27152317
I think it's more likely you're a massive cunt who had an abusive past and don't realize it. I've studied abuse a good amount and had hundreds of hours of therapy
>>
You're too flat chested. It looks silly.
>>
>>27152278
Im a biomedical engineer from a rich family, married to my childhood sweet heart so I doubt that.

At least it sounds like you should have gone to a foster home, other people here though NAH.

>>27152287
No you are a huge failure for failing understanding your parents. LOL you are literally saying its okay to take your parents for granted lol.
>>
>>27152264
>>27152290
I couldn't go out, invite anyone over, didn't get any pocket money, no video games, went to bed at 9PM, worked in the family restaurant without getting payed and had to spend at least two hour a day studying. I had perfect grades, speak four languages, and even finished high school two years earlier.
And yeah, i'm a loser, but i'd rather live off the government my entire life, get drunk and get cancer than become a lawyer and a beta provider when i hit thirty. This is the European life and i like it.
>>
>>27152111
Trips is truth.

Guys, guys. To instantly lash out at this dude, I know that most of you couldn't handle it when your mommies and daddies punished you. You took it as a sign of not being loved rather than a (likely softer) consequence for some stupid shit you did. Most of you are faggots who can't take responsibility for yourselves, I get it.

But, I mean, look at how she's dressed. No sane parent would allow that. And if your child escalates her brattiness about it, you, as a loving, responsible parent, are obligated to turn up the heat. Unless you want to wake up to the police banging on your door at 2 in the morning, with your bawling daughter in tow.
>>
>>27150818

My father once threatened to break my computer if I didn't put away the dishes. I did them and smashed the northbridge and RAM slots with a hammer anyway.
>>
>>27152349
The most fucked up part imo is that my dad makes ~200k a year... We were upper middle class so no on believed how shitty my home life was. It wasn't until after I left Chicago that I realized how bad my life had been and could finally start figuring out what the fuck was wrong with me.
>>
>>27150930

>2016
>thinking caste has anything to do with morals
>>
>>27150954

I'm not sure "buying things for your kids to use" is the same as "gift", unless you're making it clear that it's a gift like a birthday present. A laptop given to a kid likely has conditions attached like that they'll use it for homework etc.
>>
>>27152360
So your parents fucking GAVE YOU A GREAT START and you still fucked it up. Amazing. You know you can get a job just speaking four languages right? At least you know you are a loser and it wasn't your parents fault.

>>27152380
Was it that you are a massive pussy that couldn't hand the consequences of his actions?
>>
>>27150900

>Wah! My childhood was so hard!

That is the most pathetic thing modern parents complain about. Are your children too retarded to understand why such a choice is a poor idea if you explain it to them?
>>
>>27152379
You're an over-emotional fucking idiot.
>>
>>27150969

You're a piss poor authority if you have to resort to threats with your own children.
What are you going to do in the real world?
>>
>>27152424
I used to think that's what it was. I was convinced that every problem with my family was my fault
>I should have done better on that essay then dad wouldn't have come home drunk screamed at and hit me
It's not true though I know now that it was my fault. They abused me I was only a child when it started I had no understanding of "being a pussy"
>>
>>27151249
>never punishing your children and making them feel as if they are #1 no matter what is the answer
>implying coddling isn't just as bad if not worse than abuse
lmaoing at ur life, kid
>>
File: 1457926098342.jpg (38 KB, 600x568) Image search: [Google]
1457926098342.jpg
38 KB, 600x568
>>27150594
>dem hips
>dat belly

fuggg jailb8 is too much
>>
>>27151558
Are you autistic? I mean actually autistic. You seem to think children will just magically listen to everything you say and understand the logic and have the future sight to understand that you're doing what's best for them because to you you're doing what's best for them. You also seems to think that your sample size anecdotal example is in anyway accurate to how the average person may respond.

Here's a news flash autismo, different people think differently.
>>
>>27152014
>tfw young boy #1 from family #1 but had strict parents
It's like the nurtured me to be dependent since I wasn't ever allowed to do anything myself.
>>
>>27152459

No one's going to threaten me.
I have a lot of respect for my father as an adult and growing up despite any of his shortcomings.
We call ourselves Americans that aren't going to accept threats, but we took them from of parents and take them from the government.
This is why we are cowards.
>>
File: 1435367499294.png (5 KB, 278x259) Image search: [Google]
1435367499294.png
5 KB, 278x259
>>27151249
This. Man, people here are stupid and fucked up. Some of this stuff sounds like it was lifted from a low-budget PBS documentary. I sincerely hope none of us have kids.
>>
>>27152379
Edgy my man, fucking edgy

>if I can't have it no one can AHAHAHA

>nothin personnel dad *swings hammer*
>>
>>27152655

It was my computer.

I wasn't trying to be edgy; are you projecting?
>>
>>27152668
It was pretty edgy. That's the problem is when parents threaten shit like that the kids want to show that they don't care or don't need you. That's what you did by acting up it understandable but still edgy. You just wanted to be independent
>>
>>27150900

>threatened with a belt

pshh.. My dad would actually hit me with it.

Pussy.
>>
>>27150594
"What you are wearing isn't proper clothing because you are exposing a significant amount of skin, and are allowing your sexual organs to be visible. If you cannot understand what I am saying I will put you up for adoption because my daughter is no idiot."
>>
File: 1422035446219.jpg (33 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1422035446219.jpg
33 KB, 480x454
>Mfw just seen a girl no older than 12 wearing a short skin-tight green dress and small heels.

Could see her panties and bra through it. Fucking hell.
>>
>>27152702
>That's the problem is when parents threaten shit like that the kids want to show that they don't care or don't need you. That's what you did by acting up it understandable but still edgy
Holy shit you're retarded
Guy just did the dishes as his father told him to, where was the 'acting up' part?
>>
>parent of one elemetary school boy
>almost time for school so I wake him up in order to have time to do everything he needs to do and get to school on time
>tells me he's a little tired and would like 10 more minutes
>tell him sure that it's no problem as long as he moves quickly
>come back 10 minutes later
>he says he still wants to sleep
>have him get out of bed and start getting ready
>my child abuse choker beeps and a bright red light comes on
>a female voice is emitted through the speaker
>"Forcing your child to do anything is taking away their freedom. This is your first strike."
>after school is over he comes home and tells me about how he learned some multiplication today
>tell him that's great and can tell how excited he is about learning it so I ask him to give me some examples of what he learned
>my child abuse choker beeps and there's now two red lights
>same female voices comes up
>"Ordering your child to do tasks is abuse. This is your second strike."
>start sweating bullets since I know what the third strike means
>my boy ignores the voice and starts saying random multiplication examples
>3x2 is 6 3x3 is 9 3x4 is 12 etc
>he asks me to give him a question
>ask him what 7x7 is
>he says 42
>suddenly my heart starts beating faster
>I try to literally bite my tongue to stop myself
>it's no use and I ask him if he's sure
>he says yes
>my hands start shaking and I stammer out I-It's 49
>choker beeps again
>female voice says "Emotionally abusing your child by telling them are wrong is your third violation. Prepare yourself for your appropriate punishment."
>choker shocks me and I pass out
>wake up in a cell
>asked if I have a last request
>given a laptop and 10 minutes free time
See you on the other side, guys.
>>
>>27152769
He smashed his own computer retard
>>
>>27152795

You deserve it you abusive fucker. God knows what would have happened if he made it to high school with you.
>>
>>27152264

I understand what you say. But, like the anon said, it's more with the way of punishing/saying things than the actual punishments. I was a straight A's student, gifted in music as well as in sport. Now I'm almost a typical r9k loser despite doing exactly what my father said. And don't even get me started with the rest of my Family, my life seems almost good compared to them.

Maybe I'm just an outlier, maybe it was too harsh , the point is you can fuck up someone with this kind of shit while thinking you're doing the best for them. And then they wake up at 20, unable to live of their own, with crippling anxiety making them unable to function normally
>>
>>27152014
This is fucking spot on.
>>
>>27153448
Not entirely. It has a very glaring bias to it but it's a lot closer than everything I say is abuse is abuse
>>
File: 1454774495865.jpg (94 KB, 462x712) Image search: [Google]
1454774495865.jpg
94 KB, 462x712
>>27152014
>mfw not in freedom family or strict family
>mfw Abuse Family
I tried. Now I'm a mental patient.
>>
>>27152629
You're an idiot. Your Dad threatened you so you followed his instructions AND carried out the punishment yourself. It's completely illogical.
>>
File: received_1527842544183229.gif (1009 KB, 225x195) Image search: [Google]
received_1527842544183229.gif
1009 KB, 225x195
>>27150594
Aaaand this whole thread is one of the many reasons why I'm not bringing a child into this world.
>>
>>27153671
>no fun allowed
Of all the shitty things in the world that could make you not want to have a child. some retards saying stuff on the internet got to you.
>>
>>27150594
>You're not going anywhere until you ''take care'' of daddy first
>>
>>27153918
This.

Man, I would beat the shit out of my daughters if they ever thought about slutting it up, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't fuck the shit out of them if they were hot.
>>
>>27150900
>You want to get smacked and threatened with a belt?

How to raise a coal-burning slut with a daddy-spanking fetish 101
>>
>>27150594
What. Literally nobody actually dresses like this when they go outside.

This thread is silly.
>>
My wife is 16 and covers most of her skin even during the summer.

Whores will be whores.
>>
Why is parenting such a touchy subject here? Regardless of how you were raised... You're here now.
>>
>>27155014

>Anon's wife is sixteen

Where do you live? 15th century England?
>>
>>27155278
HAHAHA IT'S 2016 GUYS DON'T DO THINGS I DON'T LIKE SHIGGY DIGGY HAHA XDD
>>
>>27152379
One of the dumbest things I've read on this website.
>>
>>27152331
You're just a faggot m8
>>
>>27150594
I'd say "if you wanted some cock to suck, all you had to do was ask" and then I'd unzip my pants
>>
>>27154943
Yeah but most girls wear bikinis in the summer which is even less than the girl in OP's pic.
>>
>>27156181
This is objectively the best answer.
>>
File: 1454634280631.jpg (15 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1454634280631.jpg
15 KB, 250x250
The guy is right you can't take from a child too much because they stop caring. My parents only took and threatened. My mom admitted she didn't know what to do so she broke possession. You know what me and my brothers did? Only value the possessions that they couldn't break like a phone and a computer because communication and doing homework.

In the end we all are emotionally stunted dealing with shit caused by them. We all hate them, never rebeled, barely talked to them the last three years of highschool I was there. It's a shitty way to raise kids, it's the lazy mentality of if I hit them or punish them it'll stop when really it won't you need to teach your kids values and the ability to see it's wrong on their own or they'll do it behind your back anyway and get better at not getting caught. Positive reinforcement and minor punishment like grounding or more serious if it's a actual big deal like suspension.

Another thing is to not yell every time they don't immediately do something. You need to keep a level of this is the indication you fucked up.
>>
>>27157940
i agree most neets are probably neets because their parent's didn't teach them how to make decisions.
>>
>>27150818
>threatening is abuse
Boiiiiiii, my parents beat my ass half way to death for not washing dishes
>>
>>27150900
So much cringe hahahahahahahaha
>>
>>27158163
this and bad genetics. I'm talking mental processes but looking bad doesn't help.
>>
File: 1447235458241.jpg (183 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1447235458241.jpg
183 KB, 640x1136
>>27158544
congratulations that's also abuse. abuse is a pretty vague category and it's usually if you mentally mess someone up. Being very poor and having kids live in such conditions is abuse. Kids are developing shits and have no way to fight back you can mess them up real easy.
>>
No going out tonight.
You're going to write me an APA-cited paper, four page minimum, on the modern garment industry, adolescent sex workers, or historical fashion trends.
You choose theme and thesis.
House is on lockdown until you finish.
>>
>>27155311
It's true love you guys, when little Fatima cries herself to sleep each night those are tears of joy.
>>
>>27159389
She never has, though.
>>
>The guy is right you can't take from a child too much because they stop caring.

I can confirm this. Whenever I got in trouble, the first thing that was taken from me was always the thing I was currently enjoying the most, without fail. Sometimes it would be the gameboy, sometimes it would be the toy I was fixated on, hell, sometimes it was even the book I may have been reading at the time.

The chain kept happening until I would just give up and pretty much meditate in my room since I wasn't allowed to do literally anything.

>Another thing is to not yell every time they don't immediately do something. You need to keep a level of this is the indication you fucked up.

I had this shit happen all the time too. The worst part is most of the time I would get yelled at for the stupidest shit. I specifically remember I had used my mother's pen (some shitty $2 pen that had some fluffy shit on it) to write something down and when I had pushed the cap back on, the cap had cracked, so I got grounded. She basically sent the message that my existence is worth less than a $2 pen that I used for it's intended purpose non-maliciously.

When I was younger, I would spend a lot of time with my grandma who would actually explain to me why I had made a mistake or why what I had done was wrong. She ended up passing away in 5th grade and any positive reinforcement or support I had in my life vanished.

And if I ever asked her "why?" about ANYTHING at all, I would get yelled at fucking immediately.

"DON'T YOU DARE QUESTION ME!"

I feel the appropriate response with a proper explanation (that the child can understand) for the reprimanding is definitely the way to go. Disproportional punishment has made me a very quiet person. I think subconsciously I rationalized that if I don't make any noise or interact with anyone, it would be impossible for me to cause trouble.

Whenever I do speak up or try to talk to someone, it feels like trying to drive with square tires to this day.
>>
>>27150594
You look fucking stupid and desperate.
At least if it was spandex you could get a sort of superhero look and play it at a cosplay angle.
Your makeup looks pretty shit as well. Too much blush. You look like a retarded Cindy doll.
You're a total disappointment to me and your mother.
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.