[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone else get fucked up by PUA? Before I started reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: 48162849.cached.jpg (72 KB, 800x1177) Image search: [Google]
48162849.cached.jpg
72 KB, 800x1177
Did anyone else get fucked up by PUA? Before I started reading about it I was a normal shy dude. Now I have all sorts of insecurities and harmful beliefs. It's been 5 years since I stopped following it, but I'm still fucked up
>>
>>27149683
>Now I have all sorts of insecurities and harmful beliefs

Tell me about those
>>
>>27149683
What kind of harmful beliefs and insecurities?
>>
>>27149683
>The Game
>a normie who didn't know he was a normie who was already a reporter, a very normie profession
>suddenly discovers that he is a normie
>writes book about trying to give non-normies dating advice
>gets rich
>>
>>27149683
Pua gives you a logical(kek) frame on attraction, which is an ilogical phenomenon. Most PUA beliefs are only verified by anecdotes(which are biased).
Also it denies the importance of looks
>>
>>27149765
It does not deny importance of looks, money and power. It explains why game is necessary when you lack of these qualities.
>>
>>27149696
>>27149698
>need to always be "alpha"
>there's only one type of personality that girls like
>if you are beta women will resent you
>the only way to get laid is x (changes regularly)

Actually pretty much the same stuff people here say, except PUAs think looks don't matter if you are alpha enough.
>>
>>27149809
"Game" is pretty nebolous concept
>>
>>27149824
>>there's only one type of personality that girls like.
They're not really wrong about this, all women like the same character traits when it comes down to men.
>>if you are beta women will resent you
They'll only resent betas if the betas show any kind of sexual desire
>>
>>27149836
Sounds like someone doesn't know how to game.
>>
>>27149824
Looks DON"T matter. You can be Donald Trump who's pretty fat but because he's so alpha he pulls news anchors.
>>
>>27149887
Enlighten me
The robot can kissss my asss
>>
>>27149862
Then why do 99% of men have sex? Are you suggesting only the very few men who stay single for life are the only ones lacking those personality traits?
>>
>>27149824
>need to always be "alpha"
True
>there's only one type of personality that girls like
True, when you strictly categorize men to betas and alphas.
>if you are beta women will resent you
True, but only when you try to advance. Many beta males are friends with females. And honestly, other males will also not respect you.
>the only way to get laid is x (changes regularly)
Not true. What do you even mean by this?
>>
>>27149902

He's also six'two
>>
>>27149836
It's really not. The act of picking up chicks
>>
>>27149905
Having sex once is not a huge achievement. Most average guys need to enter a LTR or get lucky to have sex. They can't regularly and easily have sex like the top tier men do
>>
>>27149902
Looks do matter you stupid fuck. Damn I hate people who can only think in black and white. Both personality and looks are factors in determining your attractiveness towards women, so are other factors like status, resources, etc.
>>
>>27149905
>Then why do 99% of men have sex?
Context is important, if a girl is unable to secure a guy with all the "attractive" traits she will lower her standards until she's able to find a man.
About the perpetually single men i don't know, i don't have any idea about my situation
>>
>>27149984
>It's easy brah, just pick up girls, it's just that easy
I don't know whu i come here anymore, it's obvious that i can't relate with these guys
>>
>>27150067
Then stop coming here. Find something better to do with your time.
>>
>>27150083
Why would i?
Why the fuck are you doing here?
>nb4 me and my gf come to laugh at you XD #YesAllNormies
>>
>>27150106
Because you're not happy with this place by your own admission. Why would you keep doing something you're not getting anything out of instead of just finding something else to do? My reasons for being here are my own and you really don't have a say in it, but you can control your own actions. Stop coming here if you feel you can't relate.
>>
>>27149683
desu, reading The Game about 7 years ago led to my confidence building, pushed me to go the gym to lose weight and as a result I got laid a few times by randoms and then met by current GF who I've been with for nearly 5 years now. So from my perspective, reading that book was one of the best things I've ever done.
>>
I took the 'girls like assholes' thing too far for too long and blew myself out with a lot of great girls. Sometimes I would just be angry aspergers and didn't even realise they thought I was crazy.

I stuck with it though and the rsd guys were helpful; things lik not caring about rejection, its ok to be nice, be in the moment, have faith that if you stop she'll pick up the slack, they aren't evil, etc... Now I can comfortably approach most random girls and do well. Such a brilliant feeling. Still have much to learn.
>>
I'm actually pretty good with girls and when I read some PUA stuff i was thinking "isn't this common sense?"
>>
File: 0lBXFeW.png (108 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
0lBXFeW.png
108 KB, 400x381
>>27150136
>>27150137
>>27150161
Why are you people here? It's not a good place to be, don't tell me you're to help, you know you can't help don't lie to yourselves
Why the are you willingly coming here, to this cesspool of boredom and hopelessness?
>>
>>27150210
Dunno really, it kills a bit of time when I cba to watch tv or game before work.
>>
>>27150210
Its entertaining. When someone does a reee or tfw, or variant on why can't I get laid, I laugh.
>>
>>27150121
Because there's nothing better to do, at least for me.
>>
Why is "Models" praised by non-PUAs is a really useless book with some mixed messages, plus the author can now write a blog for a living instead of working.
What the fuck man?
>>
File: I came here to laugh at you.webm (261 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
I came here to laugh at you.webm
261 KB, 720x540
>>27150210
You guys are hilarious tbqh senpai
>>
If its done well, the process is less picking up girls and more picking up yourself
>>
File: 1424273115354.png (487 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1424273115354.png
487 KB, 900x900
>>27149683
yeah. i followed RSD and torrented the blueprint. its a fucking CULT. go read up on cults, it is one.

i did so much cringe shit. the reason they tell you to "approach 100 women and expect to get BTFO!" is a cult method to lower your self esteem so you're easier to manipulate.

if id followed the "b urself" meme i would have had more success with girls.

that said it redpilled me on women a bit (taken with pinch of salt) and it also made "getting girls" something i would attempt more. i think a better idea for this is just have friends who get girls regularly but i guess thats chad territory and something us betas can't have..
>>
>>27150920
I watched blueprint too. 20 hours, who does that? It's insane
>>
Game is for deprogramming all the nonsense your parents, the education system and the media taught you.

If you had a father or older brother who gave a shit about you and wasn't a clueless schmuck themselves then it's unnecessary and you were a "natural" or Chan in the local vernacular.
>>
>>27149765
>Most PUA beliefs are only verified by anecdotes(which are biased).

I guess we should stop thinking smoking causes lung cancer, then.
>>
>>27150976
*Chad

bloxcocks
>>
>>27150982
>scientists study the ingredients of the cigs
>ingredients cause cancer

>Guy says that women will be attracted to you if you insult them
>2nd Guy goes and succed
>3rd guy doesn't succed, he is doing it wrong because it is a foolproof method
>>
>>27150920
>>27150948
What do you think of Heartiste? He doesn't seem to want to sell anything..
>>
>>27151191
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Chateau_HeartistE
I know that rational wiki has some SJW shit going on but they are right about heartsite
>>
>>27151215
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Chateau_Heartiste
I fucked up the link
>>
>>27151228
That site is butthurt SJW central.
>>
>>27151265
>implying Heartiste is any better than SJWs
he's just the complete opposite of one
>>
>>27151191
>What do you think of Heartiste?
a typical PUA but with an extra helping of /pol/. I suspect it's for show though
>>27151228
the irony of PUA is they tell you looks don't matter, money doesn't matter, but somehow they call themselves politically incorrect
>>
i lost the game
>>
When I was younger like 18 I was legit extroverted, one night I'd kissed 50+ girls, In one week I had managed to get dozens of number.

Then everything went wrong and I'm not sure why, how do I get back to that state of mind?
>>
File: 1429216941134.jpg (375 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1429216941134.jpg
375 KB, 900x900
>>27151191
>>27150920
i think all of it is incredibly damaging. stay away at all costs. these people are either: straight up sociopaths, fell for the cult themselves and are now a proponent of it, just trying to get money.

i was a fucking idiot back then, i fell for all kinds of stupid cult shit like eckhart tolle, i needed to develop some rational thinking.

********WARNING[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
r9k is (kind of) a cult too by the way.. if you stay too long here and take this shit seriously, those beliefs will slowly invade your mind and behavior. its easier to get to people when they're weak and isolated, 4chan/PUA usually already are demoralized loners looking for hope, a place they belong. cults generally try to convince you that they're right and everyones wrong - that wandering around bars or shitposting on an anonymous imageboard for companionship/pussy is somehow a better way of living than traditionally tried and tested routes and "normies", or "chodes" are fucking idiots somehow?

get the fuck off r9k. get the fuck away from pickup. interact with normies. the more you get into this shit, the further away from normal society you get until you're truly alone and cant interact with them anymore. you probably don't take this post seriously, but please have a long hard think on this, about what you're doing with your life, what you want in future going forward..etc, cults don't stand up to rational thinking which is why they discourage it.
>>
File: uw5urkf.gif (825 KB, 320x209) Image search: [Google]
uw5urkf.gif
825 KB, 320x209
>>27151485
>traditionally tried and tested routes and "normies", or "chodes" are fucking idiots somehow?
>just be yourself it's that easy :^)
>just follow the same path you've been following your entire life, maybe tomorrow you'll finally get the results you want
Oh the irony

>interact with normies.
For what? I already know how that's going to end
>>
>>27149683
i cant believe i thought that shit would work.
>>
>>27151485
I do still find good threads here, but /r9k/ is a very negative place, the Crabs in a Bucket thing is no joke.

I think maybe an /r9k/ "phase" is no bad thing, but it gets boring fast.
>>
>>27150262
there's tons of better things to do

>learn a language
>go hiking
>learn to build things
>learn mma
>learn piano
>calisthenics
>performing standup comedy
>>
File: 1430245087153.png (21 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1430245087153.png
21 KB, 900x900
>>27151639
people get emotionally invested in cults and defend it like you have. go ahead and post negative things about pick up on their website see the response you'll get..

this is an anime image-board. please think on that.. its an anonymous chat room where you talk about your problems, or anime, or videogames and if you're like most of us it takes up a huge chunk of your life, and you haven't been able to leave, i'm no different, but that is "problematic" for your future
>>
>>27149824
You sound pretty autistic. There's grains of truth in each of those, but you shouldn't take it as gospel. Do women generally prefer "alpha" guys to "beta" guys? Yes. Do "alpha" guys generally have a few characteristics in common? Yes. Do women often dislike "betas?" Yes. Are there certain techniques that are more likely to get you laid than others? Of course.
>>
>>27151485
>>27151639
skelton armageddon is right. If you let this kind of culture get into you, you'll literally become less attractive. It's so idiotic to assume that our perception of others is limited to some highly advertised facial and body structure. Yeah if you're talking statistics it's more likely to get laid on some pub if you're pretty, but apart from the clubbing culture you have a shitload of options to gain notoriety, charisma and convey yourself as someone desirable to the females. Smoke a lot of blunts, play the mandolin, learn card tricks, learn about racing, collective insects, tame dogs, whatever suits your personal needs. The most important is, as long as you project yourself as a loser, people will assume you're a loser. And projecting your loserdom is something you actively do with your mannerisms, the way you talk and walk and move your hands. The 3 prettiest girls I've seen are: 1 is dating a neckbeard who's a poet for years, she could have anyone she wants; 2- mirrin' my way even though I'm the definition of an autist (clothing and all) 3- is dating some mr. skelton who plays terraria and draws comics, even if he's slightly attractive.
>>
>>27151888
Nice trips, and good point on body language, people are incredibly superficial, they will literally decide what kind of person you are just from a 2 second glimpse at your posture, and you can effectively fake it 'til you make it by good posture and open body language.

I think when you start noticing body language it's hard to stop.
>>
>>27149683
I read 1/4 of the book and never touched it again because I felt like it would change me as a person. I ended up using PUA tactics anyway after a string of failed relationships trying to be beta whiteknight. Just embrace that shit and treat them like the pigs that they are.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.