[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Government forcing me to get a job after 12+ years on welfare.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1431079816541.jpg (29 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
1431079816541.jpg
29 KB, 360x480
Government forcing me to get a job after 12+ years on welfare.

What the fuck.

They called me in to see if I was at all capable of any work (thank tone abbutt) and then decided I was. So now I have to look for 8 hours of work a week.

I was on disability pension for faking (I know I know >faking) having autism.
>>
File: tone.jpg (22 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
tone.jpg
22 KB, 450x300
>>27149594
Based Tone still doing God's work. Get off your lazy ass, NEET.
>>
So yeah, with this sudden torrential downpour of responsibility and zero WORK EXPERIENCE or skills whatsoever what do?
>>
>>27149594
All you gotta do is look for work. The likelihood that you'll get a job is unlikely.
>>
>>27149594

you should have requested that you get re-tested and talk to a therapist
>>
>>27150188
Looking for work is work.
>>
Consider yourself lucky. I have to go to a centrelink approved activity for 25 hours a fucking week in order to get welfare
>>
>>27149594
Are you even aware that Malcolm Turnbull is the current PM?

Sure, it was Abbott's initiative; and he was a fantastic meme, but he hasn't been in power for some time now. He's been buying 2nd hand fridges from gumtree of late.

Also, fwiw. I got fired from a job that my DES agency set me up with like four months ago, and they haven't tried to catch up with me since? Hello free money $$.
>>
>>27149594
Hah. Sounds like you got nabbed by the under 35 reviews fampai.
Have fun being Newstart's bitch.
Sincerely, a guy who works for Centrelink.

>>27150672
Work for dole OP, no?

>>27150735
On a serious note, that will probably come back to bite you.
You have an obligation to let Centrelink know within 14 days.
>>
>>27149649
Ask employers for unpaid work experience. If you feel shitty doing that then do it for charity. I'm working at a charity store right now in order to claim my neetbux, actually feels pretty good and I get 25% discount on already cheap items.
>>
>>27150735
>>27150775
Oh wait ignore me. DES.
You on DSP? If so, you're probably voluntarily in work placement.
If on Newstart, please see original post.
>>
>>27150775
Yeah, how do i get off it and back to jobseekers like i was before? I actually am looking for a job, but they have to be fucking joking if they think I'm going to do 25 hours a week of some bs just to get fortnightly payments
>>
>>27149594
I plan on never getting a job. I would rather live as a homeless nomad than work, you should do the same OP. You don't owe society shit
>>
They can not legally take your money away. They can only force you to send resumes. If nobody hires you, the money still comes in.
>>
how do they expect you to live on 8 hours a week?
>>
>>27150775
Oh yeah, I forgot about that senpai.

I was honestly just dreading/waiting for the call from my agency, and when it didn't come I was obviously relieved.

Oh well, it's evident I haven't been working, I haven't declared any income in months. I might get cut off, but I doubt I'll have to pay any money back. I'm pretty familiar with the process.
>>
>>27149594
The writing has been on the wall for the last decade, you should have been preparing yourself for it. This isn't the 90s anymore, normies cannot afford to keep millions of "disabled" people alive without putting anything in anymore. My grandad had polio which permanently crippled him, and he was able to set up his own small business. People are slowly waking up to that fact in the wake of the Recession.
>>
>>27150876
>BACK IN MY GRANDDAD'S TIME
oh fuck off already. meanwhile many more people crippled by polio had no social net and no small business and weren't so likely
>>
>>27150815
I'm on NS, with a reduced work capacity. (Tried to claim DSP in 2011 to no avail.) Hence linked-up with DES. I'm just stoked I don't have to look for work or anything at this present point in time.
>>
>>27150862
They'll still pay his welfare i assume they just want him to find some sort of work.
>>
>>27150834
>back on jobseekers
Don't normally work in EMS, so I'm not 100% sure. I suggest just asking next time you ring up.
>25 hours a week of some bs
>payments
Sounds like a job dude. But seriously, you could be on phones dealing with crazies all day like me.
>>27150843
>society works, pays taxes
taxes pay for services like police, infrastructure, social security
>i clearly don't benefit from these things in any way
>"i-i don't owe them anything"
Yeah k.

>>27150848
And if someone does offer you a job, if you don't take it, you get penalised.
Welcome to mutual obligations.

>>27150866
>>27150892
Same guy?
Look, it seems like you're happy to deal with whatever trouble will come your way, but I have to level with you. If you receive money you weren't entitled to because you weren't meeting obligations, you will be required to pay it back.
>>
>>27149594
8 hours of work is literally nothing. How much do you get a week for NEETbux?>>27149594
>>
>>27149594
>only 8 hours
here in bongland I spend 36 hours a week looking for work and I still haven't found shit after 4 months or so.
I've applied to a tone of shit and I've only gotten 9 interviews none of which wanted to hire me and whenever I phone up to see what reasons I wasn't hired it's always that there's some other fuck with more experience or they didn't actually have a reason.
>>
Try and be philosophical about it, 12 years on the NEETbux is a good run, it's 12 years you weren't wagecucking and who's to say you'll even find a job or won't end up back on them in the future?
>>
>>27149594
How do I get on disability?

I'm genuinely fucked up but I'm pretty sure I'm more get-locked-in-a-home fucked up than get-DSP-fucked-up.

What disorders most easily get disability? I feel like if I talk to a therapist I'll be all over the place.

I drink a lot most nights, it's a challenge not to hurt myself, I barely leave the house, I can't even be bothered to shower or clean up basic mess, I have no friends, I'm homicidal, I've never worked, I haven't had a friend in years, I don't have ANY friends, recently I've started to feel like vomiting just from going outside and thinking about social interaction, I can barely talk to people, my mood swings up and down and up and down, I won't even be able to tell a therapist about this without bursting into tears, etc...

What do I emphasize?
>>
>>27149594

8 hours of work a week is nothing.

I have to work 40, faggot. No sympathy.
>>
File: 1457068084310.jpg (28 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
1457068084310.jpg
28 KB, 500x351
>>27149594
Sounds like you deserve it, famalam. Best of luck to you, you're gonna need it
>>
>>27152257
In all honesty, if you've been recently institutionalised, you have a better chance of being granted DSP. However, your illness needs to be treated and stabilised before any consideration towards your application is made. What's your problem? It just sounds like you're depressed to be honest, it's hard to get DSP for that anymore, take it from me.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.