[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys handle the fact that from a utilitarian point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
How do you guys handle the fact that from a utilitarian point of view, most of us robots have absolutely no reason to live? We are worthless scum to the world at large. A hindrance. A pest. Perhaps even a danger (with all the mass shootings). We are something worthy of extermination. We serve absolutely no purpose in society and should be sentenced to summary execution/euthanasia. Why even bother, robots?
>>
>>27148428
By not having a utilitarian point of view -- i.e, by not being literally autistic.
>>
Pretty easy, I don't give a shit about how my presence is perceived by others.

I live for myself, not for society.
>>
>>27148459
Then you're just fooling yourself.
>>
>>27148428
Why do anything?
>>
>>27148485
Oh, here we go pseudo-psychologist, tell me more about it. You seem very knowledgable.
>>
>>27148428
All of my meh.
>>
File: 1439571799734.png (207 KB, 398x531) Image search: [Google]
1439571799734.png
207 KB, 398x531
>>27148459
>>27148670
Hey buddy, stay true to your inner strength.
>>
>>27148440
i.e: by not literally being a rational and normal human being.
>>
>>27148428
Dank memes and vidya
>>
File: 1451586686889.png (273 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1451586686889.png
273 KB, 720x720
>>27148428
There is no objective criteria in life that measure someones worth. If you mean by society standards it will change from culture to culture. If you mean by evolutionary then its probably the one who wont reproduce that is the failure. Its nothing except subjective and relative as there are arguments for and against it meaning its not as true as you may perceive it to be.

Considering the fact that the most powerful of men and women in this world dont give a shit about utilitarianism I would suggest to not care about it so much. But if you absolutely have to satisfy some kind of need for contribution to feel you have a meanining and you have to have a meaning to not be depressed then by all means just go help by voluteering or do things you perceive will benefit society.

I will rather continue posting autistic essays on anime board while posting qt waifus. Maybe have a beer.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.