[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey robots, what does love mean to you? What do you think of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: ferrets-in-heart-love.jpg (20 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
ferrets-in-heart-love.jpg
20 KB, 600x434
Hey robots, what does love mean to you? What do you think of when you hear/see the word love?
Have you ever felt love before? If yes, what did it feel like? Did it stop?
If you have never felt love, what do you imagine it to feel like?
>>
File: 1435654468637.gif (166 KB, 373x434) Image search: [Google]
1435654468637.gif
166 KB, 373x434
I don't believe in love in first sight, but I also don't believe in the idea of waning love either.

I believe that there is an initial attraction between people which wears away eventually, but that doesn't mean you fall out of love. If you truly are compatible, then when that initial attraction wears away, you'll appreciate each other as persons and learn to grow together.

That's what I believe, but others don't so they end up just meandering through fuck buddies until they finally get tired and settle.

It's infuriating to watch
>>
>what does love mean to you?
The willingness to die for someone. Or it's when you literally can't live without them.
>What do you think of when you hear/see the word love
I think of an extremely over exaggerated and over-used term that normies use for anyone and everyone they 'like.' It has such little meaning. They "love" the new star wars flick. They "love" their friend they met at work 3 weeks ago. They "love" their 4 month boyfriend just like they "loved" the one they cheated on with him 5 months before.
>Have you ever felt love?
Not in a romantic sense, no.
>What do you imagine it to feel like?
Like I said, I'd imagine it to feel like you simply cannot live without this person. That, if they were in a car with you and a semi truck was about to plow into it, you wouldn't think twice about turning the wheel so that they aren't hit. I'd imagine true love is closer to madness than anything else. And I'd be willing to say very very few people will ever experience it. The only difference is that I know I won't, and I refuse to disrespect my own definition by using it.
>>
>>27145779
>What does love mean to you?
Love to me means feeling the desire to live for someone else as much as for yourself. It means sharing their joy, their sorrow, and their anger. It's like finding a the second piece in a 2-piece jigsaw puzzle.
>What do you think of when you hear/see the word love?
I think of the above, and I also think of happiness. Being with someone you love should almost always bring joy with it. It can be passionate and burning, or dim and smoldering, but being with someone you love is better than being without.
>Have you ever felt love before? If yes, what did it feel like?
I have, at least by my own standards. It was really wonderful, and helped make me who I am today. I was always happy to hear from her, and couldn't wait to see her when we were apart. And all of that was made better because I knew she felt the same way.
>Did it stop?
It did, unfortunately, but I don't regret it. Even if we're no longer together, I'll always cherish those moments we shared.
>>
>>27145847
>>27145888
>>27145928
OP again,
What songs do you guys think of when you hear/see the word love? If someone were to tell you they love you, what would be your reaction and thoughts on it?
>>
>>27146043
Music usually depends on the girl. If someone were to confess their love to me, it would also depend on the context but I'd feel flattered at the very least.
>>
>>27146043
>What songs do you guys think of when you hear/see the word love?
Whatever cheesy, corny Top 40 single is popular on the radio.
>If someone were to tell you they love you, what would be your reaction and thoughts on it?
I'd assume they're lying to me. If I know they are being sincere (as sincere as a normie can be) than I would be somewhat happy but anxious and skeptical all the same. Women can turn from "I love you" to "I love him" on a fucking dime.
>>
>>27146136
>Women can turn from "I love you" to "I love him" on a fucking dime.
I agree with you, but why do you think that?
>>
File: n541fmTWUI1t4urfuo1_500.jpg (25 KB, 500x392) Image search: [Google]
n541fmTWUI1t4urfuo1_500.jpg
25 KB, 500x392
>what does love mean to you?
To me its a consistent willingness to accept and care about someone as they are completely, and to put that much trust into them to accept and care for you as well.
>What do you think of when you hear/see the word love
Something that is hard to attain. But its doable if both parties really try.
>Have you ever felt love?
Yes I have
>What do you imagine it to feel like?
Its a feeling that things are gonna be alright. As long as that person is with you. Like I can do anything but at the same time I wouldnt have to.
>>
>>27146170
>>27145928
>>27145888
>>27145847

What food do you think of when you think about love? What is your opinions on unconditional love? Can love be one sided? Can love be platonic?
>>
File: 1456238462331.png (770 KB, 1450x1638) Image search: [Google]
1456238462331.png
770 KB, 1450x1638
It means feeling safe around someone instead of tons of weird fear and tension that they are going to hurt you. I felt it for my mom at a young age but that went away after I was molested (not by her btw). I'd like to mention I'm a girl btw. If it wasn't for that I prob would of never been able to find it again, but now I have it with my bf. That safe feeling. It goes a long with other good feelings, like wonder, joy, curiosity, and arousal.

I'm not trying to brag btw, I hope you all find it in whatever forms make you most happy.
>>
I just woke up this question triggered me.

I have the utmost difficulty answering such questions because I have trouble putting emotions into words and my mind just blanks.

I guess, one logical criteria would be to be willing to do anything to make that person happy (including letting them go if need be). but I don't know sounds cheesy.

PS: How can I misspell a clicky captcha...
>>
>>27146218
Joli profil.
Je doute que tu ai 26 ans...
>>
>>27146164
Why do I think like that? Because of the many, many stories I've heard and overheard both on the internet and in real life. Because I've seen it happen to friends of mine. Because I understand what "love" means to the average normie.
Why do I think women are like that? I don't even try to understand them. I don't want to. It's like staring into the eye of a chicken. There's nothing there.

>>27146209
>food
Really good macaroni and cheese, actually. I made that for the only people I love (my mom and dad).
>unconditional love
It's redundant for me. Love should be unconditional, absolutely. There is no such thing as "falling out of love" like bored American housewives do.
>Can love be one sided
Yes. And I can only pity the ones that are truly in love with people who aren't in love with them. I pity them.
>Can love be platonic
I would say it's astronomically rare for a man and a woman to really be in love. I could definitely see a man willing to actually die for a woman. Hence, why there exists cases of men who killed themselves when they couldn't be with a woman. They literally could not live without them. I have never, NEVER heard the same thing about a woman. I'm sure it may exist, but it is absolutely an anomaly. %99.9 of women will "move on to the next one" in less than four years.
>>
>>27146136
Women do not love the same way men do.

Men's love is more of the protective type.

Women's love is more of the admirative type.

Basically if she loses whatever reason she has to admire you, you are fucked.
Reasons do not necesseraly include big muscles and such, it could just be a cool smirk, some maneurisms etc, in other words do not try to guess why a woman is attracted to you you'll probably be wrong.
>>
>>27146265
It's not me sorry but yes very adorable girl. I pretty much consider me and my bf to be like two of her in a lesbian romance. Basically because he's like the highest level of gentle, sweet, adorable, and wholesome.
>>
>>27146302
in that case I'd say I am a male lesbian...

problem is most women only want brutes. but I digress
>>
Love is an emotion, experienced by people with a healthy enough brain. It can be described as a feeling of being connected in a uninterested and positive way with something, be it a person, an idea, a place etc.

What do i think about love? its a good method of preserving a social species which brains are developed enough. Mostly mammals come to mind, but im sure there are non-mammals developed enough to experience love. Think about it, you make sure to protect your own kind, to seek company and to give a purpose to your existance.

Love is an emotion. Not some mystical force that makes everything right, love has made people to suffer and enjoy alike.

Have i ever felt love before? yes, i love my family, my dogs, videogames, drawing, art, my friends. Love, as in a lover i have also experienced but the feeling wasn't mutual, or so i thought. Basically i didn't made a move on her because i was insecure.

It feels like no matter what, you can count on whatever it is that you love to make you happy, as for the lover type it felt like anxiety when i was nervous to see her, calming when around her or when i thought of her.

Did it stop? no, it changed. Now it's like i'd be happy to be with her and to not be able to its depressing but you're happy of the moments you spent togheter. Same goes for my dog, had to put her down.
>>27146043
>songs
happy song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep0p_YSnDk0

sad song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8quiZ2dti0Y
>>
love is all around you. being "in love" with someone is like being in a bathtub when you could be swimming in the ocean.

what most people think of love is so heavily mixed with the concepts of control, possession, and alleviating their fear of worthlessness it hardly bears a resemblance to the true thing.
>>
>>27146043
I've been told "i love you" it was like a blast of wind dispelling any fear, anxiety, insecurity.

Then, she said jk. They played us like a damn fiddle.
>>
>>27145847

This.

Platonic Love basically.
>>
>>27146440
the first girl who told me she loved me later said "just kidding, can't believe you fell for it"... it set an unfortunate precedent that to this day forces me to mistrust women.
>>
>>27145779
>If you have never felt love, what do you imagine it to feel like?
like a disease that makes people stupid
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.