[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /pseudo-anime/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 342332432.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
342332432.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
Does anybody here pretend like they fuck with anime?

I just cannot get myself to watch anime. I used to be into Naruto back in elementary school and stuff like Cowboy Bebop to a lesser extent. Most of my friends watch anime quite heavily and I like to talk to them about it, but I don't actually watch anything.

My knowledge is all surface level stuff like the names of series. The funny thing is I know a lot of different animes that my friends have never even heard of. Here is how a typical conversation goes:

>me: "Have you ever seen Elfen Lied?"
>friend: "No, what's it about?"
>me: "Nudity and gore. It's crazy man, check it out." (I've never seen an episode)

another one

>"Have you seen 'A Particular Scientific Railgun?'"
>"No, never heard of it."
>"It's cool, I think it has something to do with Steins;Gate or some shit."
>"Oh alright, I'll check it out."
>"Yeah you should man. Misaka Mikoto is my waifu."

Bascially I just try to think of obscure animes to sound like I know what I'm talking about. The response I hope for is that they don't know it, but don't ask me what it's about. If they do, I deflect or say I haven't seen it and was trying to see if anyone else saw it and could recommend it.

Am I insane or do other people do this?
>>
That sounds like an incredibly stupid waste of time
>>
>>27144475
Nah I do this but with movies, all those youtube videos man.
>>
Autism desu senpai
>>
>>27144475
Didn't read your post but

>can't stand watching anime
>had a hentai phase as a teen
>post anime images sometimes

I guess I'm pseudo-/psuedo-anime/
>>
>>27144475
you are fucking retarded desu senpai
>>
>>27144475
you are fucking retaded desu sempai
>>
File: 4234324.jpg (58 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
4234324.jpg
58 KB, 531x471
>>27144513
The thing is, this doesn't just apply to anime for me. I do this with gaming and /fa/ too. I just ask super surface level shit and hope they just assume I know my stuff. A lot of awkward backtracking ensues.

Like I recommend people play Garry's Mod even though I do not own a PC or have ever played it. I also always say "Papa Bless" but I've seen like two of Ethan Klein's videos.

Another cringe thing I do is openly talk about 4chan at inappropriate times such as at work with normies.

>>27144514
I am convinced I fall somewhere on the spectrum.

>>27144542
I am similar in the sense that I love masturbating to anime foot fetish stuff.
>>
>>27144475

I hope I walk into someone like you some day. It's going to be so much fun.

Rgds,
Anime pro
>>
>>27145027
>Anime pro
You would be too socially awkward to even do anything if you ran into someone like this.
>>
>>27144475
"Obscure"

well none of those are, all pretty surface level. But yeah, you're def pseudo
>>
>>27144633
I'm gonna be completely real right now and unless thos people are really stupid they can see through your shit. They don't call you out cuz it's a waste of time but they know what you're doing. I have a friend who does this all the time and I hate it because it offends the shit that I'm into and belittles my already trivial knowledge.
>>
>>27145223
pretty much this
also nice b7 op
>>
>>27145202
not him but unfortunately i am that obnoxious autist who will confront people who i know are bullshitting IRL so, :^)
>>
maybe you shouldn't lie into people's faces.
what harm is there in saying you don't watch anime? none. just admit you're into something else.

big fucking deal.
>>
>>27144475
I kind of know this feel. I used to mostly like Shonen shit but I was a kid so it made sense. I eventually got around to watching moeshit but that was on a laptop. I didn't get a monitor until a couple years ago and I'm intent on watching them again with a better screen but my interest has faded a bit as I've grown. I have to force myself to watch it sometimes.
>>
>>27144475
This level of tryhard roastie-esque behavior is gasworthy. Out.
>>
>>27144633
>I am convinced I fall somewhere on the spectrum.
I have ADHD so I can't be arsed to watch anime or read manga. I do a similar thing.

I present as an otaku, concerned about Japanese culture and the translation scene and all that shit (though no way I'm recommending raildex to anyone desu) - but fuck, I don't watch anime. The last fucking series I sat through was yuru yuri because Yui reminds me of a crush and I could jack off every few episodes. The only thing otaku about me is my dick. Several of my normie friends probably have a higher power level than I do, objectively considered. All I do is play eroge and maybe read an abysmal LN translation once every couple of years.
>>
>>27145272
>implying he (?) has real interests
>>
I watch anime and I like it, but I pretend to be mega into it when I'm not, nor do I really want to be. I used to have delusions that "always having cool shows to watch" would help me feel better. It doesn't do anything; especially when the criteria of "cool shows" means I self insert as the fictional character with a good life.
>>
>>27144475
I used to hate anime because of shows like cowboy bebop and bleach. Just watch better amines and then you will be able to enjoy them. I personally can't enjoy any show unless it has cute girls and lots of fighting so I like things like chaika . I also like memes and that fits perfectly

I realize that you're probably trolling based on the fact that you think s;g is obscure but I don't really give a shit
>>
File: 423432342.png (119 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
423432342.png
119 KB, 500x280
OP here. Great catch today. Look at all the angry little weebs. Sorry I offended your love for Chinese cartoons. I can see how it would piss you off that people trivialize your shit-tier hobby. That's enough for now weebs. Your watch list is growing everyday. No time to spend getting angry. You have the latest episode of Shinigamibakemonokatanagatari no Unagikimonosakikanakanatanatari 3//5 to get to. I hear that in this episode, Sashimi the schoolgirl will make a smug face.

I also have to get going my weeb friends. I've got a DVR full of King of the Hill and Family Guy to get to. Good night friends.
>>
File: Me Being Me.jpg (53 KB, 318x238) Image search: [Google]
Me Being Me.jpg
53 KB, 318x238
>>27145503
"King of The Hill is my favorite show"
"Old Family Guy is best"
>>
That's because they all recommend you shit normie tier anime.

If you want to get into anime its best to start out with movies for a quick dose of greatness.

Start off with these:
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
The Tale of Princess Kaguya
Howls Moving Castle

In that order.
>>
>>27145880
Shut up.

OP, just watch Kino's Journey and then ignore anime forever. Now when somebody brings up a series, all you'll need to do is say "Kino's Journey is better" (because it is), and you'll be in the clear.
>>
elfen lied and raildex are the fucking cream of entry level and if your friends haven't even heard of those I highly doubt they "watch anime quite heavily"
>>
File: Smug Anime 236.png (648 KB, 825x707) Image search: [Google]
Smug Anime 236.png
648 KB, 825x707
>>27145503
lol k weirdo
>>
I sort of do the same thing. I skirt the surface of anime. Sometimes I find a show on Netflix and give it a watch. Sometimes I happen upon an anime I find interesting and watch it.

My favorite is Code Geass and I've enjoyed a few others but for the most part anime is in the same category as most other things: entertainment. Sometimes some anime is good, but most doesn't interest me.

Despite that when it comes up I can name off a decent amount of them, though I couldn't say I know anything about most of them and I'll admit to it.
>"I've never seen it, I've just heard of it
Is generally my response to most things that come up that I have no knowledge of, be they music/bands, movies, shows, anime, games, popular videos/social media crap or whatever else.

I'm very passionate about a few things, but a moderate about everything else. Sometimes stuff from Japan is cool and entertaining. Sometimes not. If you like it great. If not okay.

I just dislike weebs that feel the need to spew their elitist "superior taste" on others. /a/ is a shit board.
>>
>>27144475
I don't watch anime but I read manga and I enjoy acting elitist to people who watch anime.
>>
Is this the new cringe thread?
>>
File: Disdain.jpg (167 KB, 900x736) Image search: [Google]
Disdain.jpg
167 KB, 900x736
>>27144475
>>27144633
You're a filthy poser. People like you are absolute cancer in every community.
>>
>>27144475

Never watched anime but I love anime stills, reaction images, gifs etc.

It feels awkward to be honest, like I'm half of a culture but just pressing my face in on the glass

Then again that could be said for so much of my life
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.