[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you stand in your family Are you successful or the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 16
File: image.jpg (264 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
264 KB, 2048x2048
Where do you stand in your family

Are you successful or the least notable child amongst your siblings and cousins
>>
File: 1457758849923.jpg (69 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
1457758849923.jpg
69 KB, 500x457
I wouldn't be here if I was.

And this is what bugs me most.

My cousins are teachers, doctors, engineers even a priest.

I'm a double university dropout.
>>
File: 1378191085734.jpg (299 KB, 1383x1600) Image search: [Google]
1378191085734.jpg
299 KB, 1383x1600
I am successful. But I know it's breaking my mom's heart that I can't find a gf and start a family
>>
>>27144065
right now, the screw up. but i'm going to community college after 2 years of lying about going and not going. oldest brother lives at home and is training to get a job firefighting, older brother is at OSU.
>>
>>27144065
Outcast since 13

Both sides of my family hate me because of my parents' divorce.

I don't have the will to create a new family either. I can't trust anyone with my heart.
>>
I'm the autistic permaloser that people pretend has potential. Sometimes I wish they'd stop pretending. It's like telling a fish it can climb a tree. The fish just feels even more shit when it fails.
>>
>>27144065
All 3 siblings are married with kids living in apartments with shit jobs. I cannot get a relationship to save my life but own a rather large and have a great career. Funny how it works out that the kissless virgin gets the career but all the younger siblings get families of their own.
>>
Not successful yet but I seem to be the most promising out of all my family.
>>
>>27144065
I'm the youngest of four, with three older sisters. I'm by far the most intelligent, and given that I was accepted to my top two grad schools, there's little doubt that I'll be the most successful. Despite being friendless and borderline autistic, I also probably have the fewest mental problems. Two of the three older sisters have attempted suicide, the other one is a single mom who got pregnant in college.
>>
Two of my sisters live in the mountains without electricity. Two are missing, and one of those two is a drug addict. My mother is a meth addict in a trailer park.

Despite working at Culver's and living in a one room apartment alone, I'm the successful one in my family. I think being a beta is in the genes at this point.
>>
>>27144301
>I'm by far the most intelligent,
of course you are male they are roasties
>>
File: 1442310963504.jpg (74 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
1442310963504.jpg
74 KB, 400x387
I have the most potential out of all my siblings, but I've been fairly disappointing so far.
> brother gets A's, plays football, get offers for college from Ivy league schools, alpha as fuck
> is only good at following directions and obeying
> he just wants to join navy, get married and have kids
> parents are sad bc he has way more potential than that
----
> sister is completely useless.
> is spoiled, unintelligent, and obnoxious
> shows no real promise in anything other than good people skills and good with social media.
Gets Fs and Cs and doesn't care even though she says she wants to go to Stanford for law.
> freshman year, she had to drop down 2 levels to take an into to algebra class taught in a middle school.
> sister is reason for most of the emotional disarray within this house hold
> she puts a huge strain on my parents' marriage
----
> be me
> artistically and musically talented
> have amazing visual mind and also happen to be highly analytical
> I've always been kinda lost
> had bad relationship with dad for most of my youth
> results in a lack of father figure, and fatherly guidance
> also results in complacency as mother is much more forgiving and kind
> got into a lot of drugs
> currently making changes to stop being a lazy fuck after 3 years
Parents are actually really happy with me and I'm now both their favorite child
Glad I don't act spoiled or entitled like my other 2 siblings.
Glad I'm finally taking the initiative in my life and stopped letting them make all the decisions and plans.
Fixed relationship with dad and now he's happy that he can talk to at least one of his kids about actual grown-up stuff (investing/trading, team management/leadership, career paths)
>>
>>27144065
My parents had seven children. They are proud of probably 3. I'm the one they're most proud of.
>>
>>27144065
I'm successful, believe it or not.

My younger brother (only sibling) was a Chad when he was 13-14, but by himself he took on some really straight-edge beliefs about alcohol, denounced all his friends when they started drinking, thought that sacrificing what he really wanted to do (have fun with his friends) for hard work would get him somewhere in life, and dedicated himself to his studies, not out of genuine enthusiasm but some weird kind of martyrism.

That made him lose Stacy, who he had a teenage crush on, and he's ever recovered from that. He's a depressed wreck living off of our parents' money, suffers from crippling anxiety and suicidal thoughts.

He's almost 30. I am 32.

I have an office job and make some money, that makes me a huge success in the eyes of our parents.
>>
>>27144329
>Culver's

based. keep dem tenfies coming
>>
I'm the geeky loser that never talks with anyone during family reunions and only is there during the important parts. The rest of the time is upstairs or in a corner with his phone.
>>
My brother's kind of a black sheep and I'm even more of a black sheep
>>
File: 1445973636252.jpg (85 KB, 804x802) Image search: [Google]
1445973636252.jpg
85 KB, 804x802
>big brother is an asperger fuck-up
>got into fights in school with people who "annoyed him"
>drops out of uni after first year
>spends his second year at home on computer
>finally gets back into uni but has now dropped out again
>spends his days playing mobas with his internet friends on teamspeak
>no gf or real life friends but parents have given up on him

>me
>not as autistic
>perfect grades throughout school
>didn't get in trouble like my brother did
>parent's always concidered me the "good one" like i'd succeed
>still no gf and no social skills, parent's put all their hope into me
>now starting to fail first year, will probably drop out like my brother did

I always thought he was a fuck-up with no self control. But now I see i'm just as bad as him. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree and all that shit.
My parents still see me as a success, but their world will soon be shattered when they discover how much of a loser I really am.
>>
>>27144237
This describes me as well.
>>
File: 1453447102623.jpg (42 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1453447102623.jpg
42 KB, 500x373
>younger sister hates me and is scared of me
>Mum and Dad are tired of me and my turns, my tantrums and my breakdowns

I'm not in good standing, needless to say.
>>
I'm the only one of my siblings who didn't graduate with a Bachelor's degree (only Associate's).

I also failed out of uni before that, so fuck my shit up senpai. Currently looking for a job so I can move out and someday kill myself.
>>
One of the more successful but by far the least normal/social. So um... Kind of a wash.
>>
File: 1455097820596.jpg (44 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
1455097820596.jpg
44 KB, 500x393
>>27144642
oh iktf, I'm the younger brother and my parents always though I'd be the one to make it too yet my brother's moved into an apartment with his GF and I'm an ex-substance abusing NEET
>>
>>27144065
Notable genius child among all my cousins. My family is kind of scared of me because I am apparently evil for telling it like it is. I feel super respected by them, but also like they're afraid to talk to me.
>>
my siblings no longer speak to me....
>>
I'm the family yardstick since I'm the only one of my generation to complete the college I got admitted to in a timely manner and with honors (the rest have neither).

However, I did not get accepted into any medical school I applied to this year so I'm going to have to fight hard this summer to keep my status since my aunts and uncles have been waiting for me to fail for the last 5 years or so, so that their own complete failure offspring don't seem as bad by comparison.
>>
>>27144065
I'm the success of the family.

Oldest brother is a methhead who got arrested a few months ago. He's been scheduled to go on trial for awhile, he's out on bail right now. He'll probably be in jail by my birthday (June). There's really no doubt he did it, the word I've heard is that he's looking at 3 years. The extended family seems to think prison will be the best thing for him. I think that's a fucking joke, he'll come out worse than he is already.

I'm the 2nd son.

Younger sister has 3 kids by 3 fathers. The first 2 are out of the picture, the 3rd one will be by the end of the year.

Youngest brother just failed out of college (UC San Diego) after a year and a quarter. I didn't even think you could flunk out that quick. He's a fat neckbeard brony, literally a stereotype. When he moves back in with the family he'll literally be a basement dweller since that's the only room they have for him; sister and her kids are living at home now too.

They tell all of them "why can't you be more like [anon]". I'm a loser but at least I keep to myself, don't do drugs, graduated from college, live on my own and haven't been arrested. I'm just a loser who can't keep a girl around longer than 3 months.
>>
>>27144787
I'm about to graduate from UCSD. How you can flunk from that place is beyond me. They literally baby and coddle you there.

Most of the faggot students there have the mentality of middle school children because of that.
>>
poor live in trailer with my mom and 3 sisters I'm the 3rd down the line(only boy).
Hate my oldest sisters (lil sis cool) we're all relatively close in age.
a lot of pressure on me being only boy and "genius" as my mother labled me growing up since I always had better grades than my sisters and never needed help doing pretty much anything always figured out shit on my own. dropped out of high school couple months back haven't done shit but scan the web.
Mom barely talks to me other than the usual "take out the trash" "do this that for me etc". Pretty positive everyone is dissapointed in what i've become. prob not gonna do anything with my life but leech off people
>>
>>27144642
I know the feel of being a disappointment. Hug me,anon
>>
>>27144065
I'm the most musically talented out of my brothers and cousins by a long shot. But right now I'm also the biggest failure because I'm not in an actual job or still at school. The bar is high for academic and career achievement in my family so I feel bad for being an embarrassment to my dad.
>>
>>27144842
In his defense he got a girlfriend the first quarter and brought her home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. They broke up and it fucked with him, apparently he quit going to class. It might have been his first girlfriend; I'm older by almost 10 years so he never talked to me about this kind of stuff but I don't remember him bringing any girl to a gathering before and he never went to prom.

On the other hand though he's a screwup and has always been a screwup. Even if he had a good excuse this time, it was just a matter of time. Giving up on stuff the second something doesn't go his way is how he lives life in general.
>>
>>27144522
>> he just wants to join navy, get married and have kids
wow, he is an idiot for not knowing that each military in a relationship is a cuckold.
>>
File: kgoodnight_punpun_v02_p.146.jpg (89 KB, 728x1061) Image search: [Google]
kgoodnight_punpun_v02_p.146.jpg
89 KB, 728x1061
>>27144557
I'm your brother minus the straight edge beliefs. Focused on school and career after fucking around for a while and lost everything but became "successful" in most realms but the ones that matter. Let this be a lesson to other anons who are following a similar path not to throw it all away for work and a good job. Friends and family make all of that worth it and as much of a hindrance as you may feel they are, sometimes they're essential for your overall goal.
>>
>>27144522
>> sister is reason for most of the emotional disarray within this house hold
>> she puts a huge strain on my parents' marriage
she will find a few men to provide for her, especially to provide sexually.

=>never worry about women.
>>
File: Feelneverasked.png (53 KB, 571x494) Image search: [Google]
Feelneverasked.png
53 KB, 571x494
>>27144871
Come here, my brother
>>
File: images (4).jpg (6 KB, 188x188) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
6 KB, 188x188
>>27144240
Dawg I got one too
>>
>college dropout
>living shitty apartment with nigger dope dealer roommate
>work retail minimum wage
>brother works internationally
>little brothers work as physicist and code monkey
>parents tell me they are disappointed everytime i see them
>i stop seeing them a few years ago
>dad died last year, went to funeral
>mom moved in aunt who has always hated me
>life goes on

I fucking hate it
>>
I hope my sister doesn't plan on having children.
That would be a lot of money disappearing.
>>
File: 1422417618380.gif (971 KB, 490x370) Image search: [Google]
1422417618380.gif
971 KB, 490x370
My younger sister excels in college, and my older brother is about to provide my parents with a grandchild.

The pressure is off, I am relieved of my duties.
>>
>>27144847
>prob not gonna do anything with my life but leech off people
my plan too.

try to meditate with this book
The Jhanas in Theravada Buddhist Meditation by Henepola Gunaratana
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/gunaratana/wheel351.html

Mindfulness in plain English, Bhante Henepola Gunaratana.
http://www.urbandharma.org/pdf2/Mindfulness%20in%20Plain%20English%20Book%20Preview.pdf
http://www.vipassana.com/meditation/mindfulness_in_plain_english.php

Beyond Mindfulness in Plain English: An Introductory Guide to Deeper States of Meditation, Book by Henepola Gunaratana
http://www.wisdompubs.org/sites/default/files/preview/Beyond%20Mindfulness%20Book%20Preview.pdf
>>
>>27144065
My sister went to Princeton and is successful as an adult. I am your typical robot who got into a mediocre university and wants to kill himself. It's pretty obvious who my parents adore.
>>
File: PHwbr9p.jpg (118 KB, 1438x1415) Image search: [Google]
PHwbr9p.jpg
118 KB, 1438x1415
>oldest of 3 siblings, 2 younger sisters (technically, they're half-sisters to each other and step-sisters to me, but we grew up together)
>sisters both apparently see me as a yardstick, which is fucked-up because I was a colossal failure at their ages and made the exact same mistakes
>apparently looked-up-to to some degree despite both of them being sorta Stacies and me being literally, actually autistic, which feels weird
>played a really active role in raising my sisters because dad was busy and stepmom was busy getting high and being a bitch
>I'm a golden child on my dad's side; his mom and dad are the de facto chieftains of our family and have a fuckton of grandkids and great-grandkids and people who look up to them, they still help me a lot, and I was raised by them for 7 years
>only boy in a generation; last/only one who can pass down the family name according to convention
>good with kids, apparently, and often am recruited to help look after my little cousins
>considered highly intelligent by a lot of people in my family; I meet relatives who know all about me before I say "hi" and am recruited to help adults with jobs do work and exams
>feel like I get to ride on the fact that my grandparents, aunt, and cousins like me
>probably also riding on the fact that my relatives know how hard life fucked-up my upbringing on pretty much every level
>mom's in prison

>not really "successful" as much as "perma-stoned, autistic, edgy-ass manchild punk"
>in my sophomore year of undergrad and working on getting into medical school, 3.7 GPA and hopefully climbing
>lotta fuckups before getting to this point; ran away from home as a teen and never went back, dropped out of my first college, was a lazy and pissed-off most of my teen years, literally had zero rules and tons of disposable income from the part-time job I used to feed and drive myself in high school
>pretty much a free-range (read: neglected) wunderkind after a while
>not that impressive by family standards
>>
>>27145176

Also, replies.

>>27144896
Yeah, fuck music.

>>27144119
Damn. Try to find something, man.

>>27144168
How are you successful? Financially?

>>27144186
>2 years of lying about going and not going
I cringed for you at the thought of Thanksgiving dinner.

>>27144237
Somehow this sorta resonates. Makes me think of that one thing with the "fair" test with the tree-climbing and different animals.

>>27144329
Damn. I've got nothing to say to that.

>>27144522
> have amazing visual mind and also happen to be highly analytical
> I've always been kinda lost
>got into a lot of drugs
IKTF

>>27144557
He should post here.

>>27144687
>has any modicum of accomplishment at all
>wants to an hero

>>27144842
Any idea how good the medical school there is?

>>27145100
Now you can shitpost all day, free of care!
>>
>>27144065
I'm litersely like magnitudes more successful than any one in my family but they criticize my life every fucking time we talk it's awful
>>
>>27144065
In the 30 years since my parents threw me out on my ass to, in my father's words, "root hog or die," I've had perhaps three or four years of contact. I haven't seen my father in five years, and he may well be dead for all I know. When I was in my 20s, my parents told me they didn't like me as a person and that they wouldn't choose to associate with me if they weren't related to me. I took them at their word and have made my own bones in the world. What successes and failures I've had are my own.

My brother is an award-winning sommelier and the manager of a top-rated restaurant. He has a wife, a house in the suburbs, and two or three kids. We have no contact at all and he doesn't care whether I live or die. All I've asked is that when his kids are old enough, he give them my old balaclava which still reeks of tear gas and tell them that at least one member of their family was an anarchist shit-disturber who wasn't afraid to throw down with riot police.

My brother is certainly more conventionally "successful" than I am, but I've run for public office, been on the cover of every newspaper in the country (multiple times), gone to prison, hosted two different radio shows, and am notable enough to have a Wikipedia article written about me.
>>
I'm the most successful, but I get no recognition because my parents like my siblings more. I got Bs, they told me they were disappointed. My brother got a B-, and they were proud. My family has this weird culture to it of all my siblings trying to one-up me at everything. It's to the point my closest brother swears his eyesight is worse than mine, even though he can see further away than me, and make out details better than me, and, really, just see better than me in general.
>>
>oldest brother is Tyrone
>really good looking and extremely social
>somehow got into the thug culture even though we lived nowhere close to the ghetto
>he ran track and got an offer for a full ride to a really prestigious school
>declined to go to a ghetto black school
>drops out and has a kid with a lazy wife
>working a dead in job for 6 years
>pretty much forced by my dad to join the Navy

>middle child
>extremely awkward and stupid
>anti social and can't take a joke
>really strong and overly aggressive
>never finished community college and barely finished high school
>works an OK job but has a fetish for female shoes
>on his off days he's sits in his room playing runescape and fucking a real doll while wearing his shoes
>parents are throwing him out soon

>me
>I'm a combo of my brothers
>not as awkward as the middle child but not as out going as my oldest brother
>not good at sports but excel academically
>finish community college and go to uni for accounting
>currently in my last semester
>had an internship last semester and currently looking for a job
>no college debt because my dad is a vet
>worked all the way through college until now so I can finish strong
>pride of my family
>>
>oldest sister basically spent high school and college riding the cock carousel
>gets a worthless degree
>latches onto some poor beta who makes a lot of money
>has kids with him
You can tell who wears the pants in their marriage. She still drinks heavily and I wouldn't be surprised if she's cheating on him. She's incapable of keeping those legs shut.

>I'm next
>kept to myself most of my life
>had one friend
>barely finished high school after I started skipping class to play video games, straight Cs most of the time I was there
>spent a few years mopping floors and splitting rent with a bunch of other people
>decided to go to college, now I'm a sysadmin
>pay's alright, job's comfy, and I fix computers on the side for video game money
>ended up marrying childhood friend while I was still a janitor because we'd been really close for a long time and she proposed to me
>one daughter, another one the way
And they said I'd never get anywhere in life.

>younger brother
>more outgoing than I am but he's always emulated what I do anyway
>works the same job I do for a different company
>had okay marks all through school
>dating a hardcore Christian girl who really, really likes kids' movies
>plays a lot of video games but I still body him when we play against each other
He's probably the most well-adjusted.

>Twins
>both still in high school
>one boy, one girl
>brother has violent tendencies and has been to juvie more than once
>is really into rap
>gets shit marks and has no real future at this point
>sister is a bitchy popular girl and cheerleader
>poor marks because she talks all class
>has outright said that she doesn't need good marks because "I'm hot, I can just do porn."
>parents caught them fucking a few years back.
Don't care for those two. Wish they'd been beaten more.
>>
>>27145545
how could anyone be proud of a nigger?
>>
>>27145759
>Twins
>both still in high school
>one boy, one girl
>parents caught them fucking a few years back.

my boner wasn't ready
>>
>>27145782
I'm sure it would be hot for me too if I wasn't so closely related to them, and if they weren't such shitheads.
>>
>>27145759
>Twins
>one boy, one girl
>brother has violent tendencies
>sister is bitchy popular girl
>parents caught them fucking a few years back
Send them my regards
>>
>>27145764

How could anyone be proud of anything they can't control? How could anyone be proud browsing /r9k/?
>>
>>27145301
Are you Hal Turner?
>>
My cousins went to Ivy league schools and got high paying financial industry jobs. There's a good chance I'll be the only one out of us that won't be a millionaire.

I've always wanted similar success (though I would choose a different field to work in), and I'm furious at myself for not being able to achieve it. It doesn't help that my friends are also highly successful. I don't know how I'm able to surround myself with people that are so much better than I could ever dream of being. Though I am incredibly jealous, I don't hold it against them. They're good people and are deserving of their success. It only makes me hate myself even more.
>>
>>27145759
>dating a hardcore Christian girl who really, really likes kids' movies
Those girls are fucking treasures, somehow.

>tfw no gf to snuggle and watch cartoons with
>>
>>27146047
I find it a little off-putting. There was a little get-together recently and she brought Firehouse Dog. It's a terrible movie.
>>
>>27145759
So...does the twin thing, like, ever come up at the dinner table? Or do you just shoot awkward looks at each other? Ya think they're still fuckin'? Did they use a condom?

Shit, I dunno if I could even be mad if I had twins and they did that. I mean, apart from the possibility that it could emotionally monkey-wrench their sibling relationship, and pregnancy, I don't really think I could be mad at that. If it's just fucking, anyway.

>>27146073
>Firehouse Dog
pleb-tier taste
>>
Most successful in the entire extended family as far as career and finances go. Least successful when it comes to romance.
>>
>>27146111
>So...does the twin thing, like, ever come up at the dinner table?
It doesn't get brought up. They're just kept away from each other, as I understand it. I don't live with them so I don't know.
>Ya think they're still fuckin'?
Could be.
>Did they use a condom?
I have no idea.
>Shit, I dunno if I could even be mad if I had twins and they did that.
I think our parents were mostly mad because of the possibility of pregnancy. Me, I'm kind of jealous. Most I ever got was comparing genitals with my big sister once or twice.
>pleb-tier taste
It really is terrible. It's like something you'd see RLM making fun of. I don't mind family-friendly movies but this was just not funny. There weren't even any kids there either.
>>
>>27144065

I have no siblings, but one of my cousins is a professional footballer. Two of my others are working on cancer medicines, and another works on the trading floor at JP Morgan. I, on the other hand, am sitting here sperging out.
>>
Older brother
>25
>knocked up his girlfriend at 18 but got married after they had the kid
>graduated from a university with some kind of math degree
>high paying job
>has 3 kids now
>and a house and two cars

Younger sister
>19
>at a prestigious college studying for some sort of language degree
>very social
>has always been able to get her way
>lesbian, has a girlfriend
>lots of scars on her arm from cutting in high school
>parents give her free rein with a credit card and just payed for her spring break in Puerto Rico

Younger brother
>15
>was a regional gold medal gymnast
>broke his arm, then his knee, had to stop competing
>developed constant illnesses and migraines, has to be tutored at home instead of going to school
>all I ever see him doing is gaming on his PC
>used to have a couple friends that came over often, one of which only comes around once every month or two now
>is in counseling for depression
>I think he's had a girlfriend, or is at least not kissless

Me
>22
>fat as fuck
>literally autistic
>KV NEET, never had a job
>used to have friends but don't anymore
>dropped out of university
>live with mom and younger brother
>spend all my time playing and recording guitar or fucking around on the internet

I don't know if any of this explains where I stand in my family. Obviously I'm a fuck up. My older brother's doing well and my sister's on track for a good future (albeit it one of a stereotypical tumblr Stacey). My younger brother worries me. He was on track for a promising future, but his life went downhill hard and fast.

It's a weird dynamic in my family.
>>
>>27146156
>>27146156
How'd your folks react at first? I seriously wanna know.

>They're just kept away from each other, as I understand it.
That'd be sad if you didn't make them out to be unsympathetic.

Also, you should get her to agree on watching something decent if you're gonna do this again.
>>
>>27146195
Lots of yelling, the way I hear it. About how you're not supposed to do that with family and whatnot.
>That'd be sad if you didn't make them out to be unsympathetic.
They're still under the same roof and all, they just try to keep them from being alone together now.
>Also, you should get her to agree on watching something decent if you're gonna do this again.
I've got some stuff set aside that might work.
>>
File: 1397059104780.png (316 KB, 425x450) Image search: [Google]
1397059104780.png
316 KB, 425x450
>>27144065
Everyone is always happy to see me. I think it's to do with my decent looks and height, they always seem to get a kick out of my jokes as well. Not successful, started lying about going to school when this marks the first semester I skipped. Thinking about killing myself while I'm still in their good graces and viewed as a good kid with potential.
>>
le page eight save rave
>>
They consider me wasted potential and pity me. My brothers did well in life, but I just fell apart during high school and basically dropped out of society for a long time.
>>
>>27145301
Andrew Nellis?
>>
>>27144065

I go months without speaking to any of my family. I'm glad because they're cunts.
>>
My family was just me and my pop for as long as I can remember. He never really said much either way but I know he was proud of me. Made top marks all through school, cleaned the house, and kept my nose clean. Just me now. I miss him. So I guess I'm the most successful member of my family, maybe barring my mother, wherever she ran off to.
>>
File: 1456181954920.jpg (492 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1456181954920.jpg
492 KB, 768x1024
>Be ugly as fuck and never good at anything since birth, most worthless in my family
>Have super succesful chad older brother who was going to carry on the name
>He dies in a car accident
>Whole family now expects me to be perfect in his place and carry on the name

its a pretty shit position desu
>>
Im the outcast child. My parents want me to be more like my fuck up brother who failed high school but got appreciation because he played one sport for like 2 years. They insist i do some extracurricular activities and overlook the fact ive made all A's all my life with AP and Honors classes and im artistically blessed
>>
>>27144065
My extended family is quite large so evaluating this takes some time, but let's see.

cousins (from both sides of family)
>oldest: early 40s, F, lives with a man (don't know if they're married) in a house they built together, quit her office job and became a farmer
>mid-30s, M, Chad, has a job where he travels around the world, many kids (several have different mothers)
>mid-30s, M, has a job but don't know what he does, single father, obsessed with his phone and his kid
>mid-30s, F, master's degree, 2 kids, divorced but lives with another man
>mid-30s, F, has had multiple relationships but no kids, does farmwork for others as a stand-in
>early 30s, F, bachelor's degree, has had relationships
>late 20s, F, nurse (bachelor's degree), never had a bf to my knowledge
>late 20s, F, post-secondary degree in something related to clothes, married
>late 20s (my age), M, some sort of forest job, has had gfs, 1 kid
>mid-20s, F, laboratory job (bachelor's degree), in a relationship
>mid-20s, M, forest job, has had gfs, 1 kid
>early 20s, M, dropped out of many schools, no direction in life, bodybuilder (not pro)
>early 20s, M, secondary-education-tier computer job, has lived in multiple countries and works (worked?) for one of those companies known by everyone
>20, F, student?, dropped out of multiple schools
>20, M, seriously ill but has a part-time job, I think
>20, F, student?, dropped out of multiple schools, has a bf, generally not doing very well in life but still is grandmother's favorite grandchild
>17, F, hyperactive, has some talent in art, many bfs, been in foster care, grandmother's least favorite
>17, M, gifted especially in mathematics, I think he also won some national contest in another field of science, looks older than is
>several cousins who are still in comprehensive school, a couple of them are able students and probably have a great future in front of them
>youngest: 2, M, gifted, can almost read

Sibling, myself and more in another post.
>>
>>27148243
(cont'd)

brother
>26
>above average academically
>bachelor's degree in game development
>successful video game artist, games have sold millions of copies
>had a gf for many years but she left him for a Chad
>a couple of close friends since early childhood, many others
>almost no limitations
>probably less artistic than me yet still considered the artist of the family
>somehow things almost always go his way
>has graduated from failed normie to a normie and is on his way to become a Chad

me
>28
>was great academically, top of class in HS
>bachelor of engineering (with distinction)
>had a software development job in a university until 2014, co-authored a few papers, one of them made the cover of an issue of a journal which is somewhat notable in its field
>now NEET
>KHV, never even been on a date
>had friends until age 21 or 22
>autistic (albeit high-functioning) and clumsy
>physically pretty weak
>was bullied and rejected a lot as a kid, never really fit in anywhere
>have had several episodes of depression although no one knows
>feel like a disappointment to parents and that pretty much failed anything expected from the oldest child

I secretly think sometimes that my brother is the favorite of my parents. I believe I was grandmother's favorite grandchild until her current favorite was born. My brother and I are in her good books though. I'm also her oldest grandchild.

When it comes to notability and success, I think I'm above average amongst my siblings and cousins at the moment, and so is my brother. He will surpass me soon at this rate. I'm (presumably) more creative and intelligent than him, but that doesn't matter because he has better people and life skills as well as fewer limitations as I do.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 640x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 640x437
>>27145545
>was offered to go to a prestige school
>lol fuk dat I'm going to a gutty ghetto school
>>
>>27144065
> le subtle data mining thread
>>
>>27150081
has interesting posts though
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.