[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any other dropouts on here tonight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: 1451332867688.jpg (282 KB, 701x960) Image search: [Google]
1451332867688.jpg
282 KB, 701x960
Are there any other dropouts on here tonight?
>>
Dropped out of what in particular?
I think I've dropped out of many things...
>>
>>27140852
I dropped outta ur mums vagina when she gave birth 2 me rofl
>>
File: sowow.jpg (87 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
sowow.jpg
87 KB, 540x810
>>27140852
University.

Highschool dropouts also welcome. How are you faring?
>>
>>27140963
>How are you faring?

Can't stop thinking about how my futur is fucked
>>
>>27140828
>dropped out cause didn't meet deadlines and shit
>do some training below my current education requirements
>get a job and applief for distance learning while continue working
lets see how I'll fare
>>
>>27140877
>my brother
>posting on /r9k/
I refuse to believe it
He has better things to do
>>
>>27141109
Are you literally me? You need to be.
>>
college sucked
>>
>>27140828
Is that a Varangian guardsman? Uni dropout here. The NEET life is no fun when you're poor.
>>
I dropped out of community college.

I want to go back ASAP but I have like no money and I have to appeal my academic status. Life sucks.

I've been thinking about joining the military so I can use that for points, but it might be a huge waste of time.
>>
>>27140828
that's a sick helmet
where's the picture from?
>>
Five years ago I dropped out of uni in third year after completely fucking myself up by constantly smoking pot (formed a ridiculous conspiracy then tried to kill myself). I was doing shit at the course anyway.

After five years of shitty jobs luckily I managed to get back in, this time studying a much more practical course with good job prospects. Managed to get funding with the help of a few doctors letters confirming that I was for some time a nutjob (and thankfully omitting that it was mainly due to drugs). I'm managing much better this time round, to the extent that I got the highest grades in the year last semester for several courses.

In short, even if you have fucked up you may still be able to work things out later on.
>>
File: Anglo Saxon.jpg (134 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Anglo Saxon.jpg
134 KB, 800x600
>>27140828
I dropped out at 17
had a job for a while but got replaced
now I'm pretty much a NEET at 22
>>
>>27141267
computer science here
how's it working out for you so far
>>
>>27140828
I failed out of university back in 2011, didn't go to 95% of my classes, didn't pass in assignments and even missed majority of my midterms and exams.
moved back home for a year, worked a retail job and my parents convinced me I should go to uni there. Do a semester while still working retail, still miss a lot of classes and don't pass in assignments/miss midterms. Somehow passed all my courses, some with A's
Parents give me shit for a course I barely pass, explain how I still managed a pass after missing a midterm.
End up dropping out of courses I registered for the next semester and moved provinces to get an entry-level position at a financial institution where a degree was just preferred.

Now I am 24, taking distance courses that work pays for (field related so they pay), have been promoted twice even though I am actually one of the only ones without some sort of degree.

I always feel like I am going to get fired for not having my degree, even though I was upfront about that even in the interviews in the higher up positions and my performance reviews are always great. Sometimes I wonder what sort of position I would have if I had that expensive piece of paper.
>>
Only 19 years old but I'm thinking about dropping out of Uni already. I fucking hate the place and it makes me sick thinking about it. I've been there for a year now but I just can't do it any longer. I'm also working casual right now at a liquor store. Started working there like 7 months ago and I've already got $10k+ in the bank from it.

I'm thinking about leaving Uni for a while and just working at my job. Good idea or not?
>>
>>27141736
I work in a fucking warehouse 10 hours per night packing dildos and buttplugs into boxes with a bunch of immigrants from Ghana.

Most depressing life ever.
>>
>>27140963
Ayyyyy want to kill myself fa.m

I was only in for like two months. Felt like shit the whole time and I've never been a good student. I'm smart but I never put work in. I'll ace the tests but not do homework. It doesn't help I have been becoming increasingly depressed since senior year. The only thing I can think of that remotely interests me is studying anti-aging so I can continue to search for philosophical answers. Other than that I'd much rather be dead. Working a part time job and will hopefully be able to cut contact after I move out
>>
>>27141921
Talk to people who aren't dropouts about that lol. I definitely wished I had waited a few years to figure out what the fuck I wanted to do before going to school though
>>
>>27141336
>Is that a Varangian guardsman?

Not OP, but it's a Vendel Period helm, which is the period preceding the Viking Age. Varangians post-date this.

>mfw Master's Degree in Medieval Archaeology comes in useful
>>
>>27141921
>Good idea or not?

No. I know it seems great having your chump change in the bank but after a few years you would get really fucking sick of making poverty wages and getting no respect from anybody.

I make a pretty okay wage for an uneducated wageslave (13.50/hr) but I'm still depressed over how it seems like a dead end. And it's certainly not going to impress anybody. Any college girl won't touch me with a 39 and a half foot pole.

If you don't know what you want to do, just take it easy and do your gen eds while deciding. But unless you're completely complacent and just want to play vidya in a small apartment for the rest of your life, please don't drop out.
>>
Dropped out of HS. I'm a failure.
>>
>>27142182
I'm making $25.50 an hour at my place (AUD btw). They pay really well for retail and in a couple months I can apply to get a manager role if I want to (my manager makes $55k a year). Doesn't seem like that bad of an idea to me right now honestly. But I may just end up hating it in a few years and regretting my decisions.
>>
>>27141350
I'll be honest anon. Military is a truly great idea. You actually feel dedicated towards something, you're active physically so there's no time to be depressed, you get into amazing shape, free college, v8 homeowners loan (they buy you a house if you're a veteran), and well.. Free college. Personally though, I got my ass kicked out because they discovered some scars...
>>
>>27140963
Dropped out of high school because I needed 2 more credits n I didn't want to go for a 5th year, wasted it all on peelz

>got ged
>got sober
>enlisted in marines open contract
>got avionics
>get ad sep'd for not maintaining height n weight standards
>work as a wire weenie in the oil field
>made 75k first year and now I'm almost at my 3rd year in n making a lil over 100k
>just made my appointment for the TSA test to work at my local airport

All in all its been ok. I have custody of my kids and my ex wife is in jail and I'm with the girl I'm with now or almost 4 yrs and the only thing I would have changed would have been dropping out of school sooner.
>>
File: 1432350576256.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1432350576256.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
>>27142217
Probably. I wish you the best though
>>
>>27140828
dropped out of hs at 17 and 21 now had a few jobs but im a neet now, probably gonna kill myself soon
>>
Why would anyone willingly drop out? You are literally ruining your life because you cant spend a few years in school.

Is it really that hard to do homework and study for tests? How are academics worse than a life of minimum wage and poverty? Not even trolling, legitimately curious about how this happens so often to people.
>>
>>27142902

social and personal problems is usually a big factor for dropping out
>>
>>27142902
I did bad at school because I did not have a father figure and lashed at authority and felt like if I did bad in school it made my school look bad, therefore I win. Also, I thought at 16-18 I was going to sell drugs n become king of my town. I aced all my tests and missed 2 questions on the SAT's. I also only applied to Harvard, Yale, and BYU because I'm Mormon an got denied by all 3 n said fuck it.
>>
>>27140828
Yup. Been a NEET for 3 months now at my parents place. My sleep schedule is all fucked up and i'm starting to feel depressed. Every day is the same: eat, sit at computer, eat, watch movie, sleep. I can't take it for much longer.

Hopefully i'll get a reply from some of the jobs i've been applying to. And then i'll work and i haven't planned much else.
>>
File: 1455209398261.jpg (310 KB, 1024x816) Image search: [Google]
1455209398261.jpg
310 KB, 1024x816
>>27140828
I've already dropped out of uni twice for the same reason.

is it over for me?
>>
>>27142401
>free college

is it no smoke and mirrors?

people tell me that they won't actually pay for your schooling and they just point you to pell grants and shit. If nothing else I think it would maybe make an admissions office more likely to accept me to see my veteran status but I don't want to wait years before I go to school.
>>
>>27143252
I just sent the USAF my details. God help me tbqh.
>>
>>27143252
Let me put it this way. When you hear of homeless veterans, they did something to bring them there. For every action there is a cause. And to act irresponsibly in the military is the only way that they you will reach that unfortunate cause. Don't treat it as a joke basically. Keep in mind, I'm not trying to sweet talk you into joining. I fucking hate them after what they did over something so minor, but really I'm just trying to help.
>desu you'll probably see me joining YPG here shortly...
>>
>High school dropout
>Was NEET for 5 years
>Did course to get into uni
>Now doing postgrad research

I waster a big chunk of my life but it's going alright now.
>>
>>27143420
I think I might have a few cavities. I haven't been to the dentist in over 4 years. I also have poor vision and I've been seen by mental health clinics for anxiety.

Would I get rejected?
>>
>>27140828
Dropped out of my philosophy degree last year because it wasn't profitable and want to drop out of my surveying diploma because I'm not enjoying it but my mum doesn't want me to. I'm thinking of going into either Welding, Electrical Instrumentation or maybe even agriculture to get involved with growing Marijuana. Any suggestions lads?
>>
>>27143503
If it's not illegal wherever you live, maybe you could start selling unwashed poppy seeds for a ridiculous amount of money. Dumb kids will pay a lot for them.
>>
>>27143485
Mental health problems might make you ineligable.
>>
>>27143503
>Dropped out of my philosophy degree last year because it wasn't profitable
what do you mean by this?
I've got a place to do philosophy at uni next year but I'm seriously considering not bothering as I don't find myself particularly interested in it, it's almost as if I would be going just for the sake of it.
>>
>>27143585
There wouldn't be any jobs that I'd be interested in that require a philosophy degree. Wanted to do something practical, outdoors and physical so I gave Surveying a shot, looks like even if I do pass I'll probably end up doing cadastral work in shitty new suburbs so more Chinese shitcunts can invade my country.
>>
>>27141736
This helmet looks like shit imo, it gives the impression of weak chin/jaw and a pedo stache. Totally overrated.
>>
guys a degree does not mean that you will be successful, one of my friends has a computer science degree and also around eight years experience in programing and web design yet he still does not have a job after a whole year and a half of searching.
>>
>>27140828
Highschool dropout
It was because a SJW landwhale said i tried to rape her, and they didn't want to have to press charges, so they said i had to dropout or go to prison
>>
>>27143742
I already knew that

you basically are either hopeless, or you pay tens of thousands of dollars for a modest chance at having a decent life

this is why we need Bernie Sanders
>>
highschool dropout here

depressed, no motivation. just stopped going one day never returned. Haven't even /officially/ dropped out.
All I do is sit home and browse the webz
no job, no license
haven't even talked to many of my friends after dropping out
1 of my friends ended up dropping out too try to get me to go to g.e.d. classes with her.

She did all the work setting up dates and everything really wants me to go.I keep blowing her off to browse and smoke.

pretty sure my life is going nowhere. mom barely speaks to me anymore.
Dad shows up in my life randomly buys me 300$ pair of jordans to try to win me back.
Can't even appreciate them cause I never leave the house.
>>
Dropped out of High school back in 2004
Neet from 2005-2011 Played nothing but WoW/SC2/League of Legends and browsed r9k/v and online dated chicks

Post 2011 - Got a under the table delivery job making around 24k a year, moved out with only people i was friends with, ended up making a friend at work he hooked me up with his gf's sister, had a baby a year ago, gf just got a job making 50k a year.

It's not all bad
>>
>>27143249

S A M E

(It's not over until you can't ask yourself that question anymore)
>>
Ask again in a few months.

I don't think I can do it, I'm a fucking disaster.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.