[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I've figured out the reason that I put more effort
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1 punch man workout.jpg (46 KB, 679x960) Image search: [Google]
1 punch man workout.jpg
46 KB, 679x960
I think I've figured out the reason that I put more effort into video games than anything else in my life. It's because in video games, you're guaranteed a reward of some sort. If I were to restrict my diet and do some exercise, I'm not guaranteed a girlfriend or even satisfaction of any sort. I just have to suffer through months of discomfort. I could play an exercise simulator for months, though, because I know there's an ending, and I know I'll get something.

pic related
>>
>>27140708
Holy fuck it's 2016 stop playing video games everyday.
>>
>>27140708
it's instant gratification you're looking for
>>
>>27140810
>ITS CURRENT YEAR
when has that ever been a valid argument? its ALWAYS current year
>>
>>27140840
That's what he said.

Anyways I agree OP, another thing is that video games are more interesting. Nothing in real life compares to fighting Dragons and shit.
>>
>doing all that shit everysingle day
Have fun when you're older and your joints have been grinded to dust
>>
>>27140840
The thing about delayed gratification is that you don't know if you'll actually get it.
>>
I don't really play video games too much anymore, but I always get tremendously sad when I finish them

Last one was starcraft 2 campaigns
The story was cheesy as fuck but why can't more people be a coolguy like Artanis? I felt like I was in that world, man.
>>
>>27140708
I can barely run 6km two days a week let alone 10 everyday for 3 years.

I do 6km in 45~min then I reach home, shower and make my dinner. Been doing that since last year and lost about 25kg.
>>
>>27140934
6km in 45 min twice a week is nothing. Congrats on losing the weight, but that must have been due to your change in diet.
>>
Does this really work? Like make me lean? I started using this app called 100 push-ups , where you gradually increase the amount of push-ups you do every week , I hate being skinny and don't like the gym.
>>
>>27141133
Nah, it's from an anime.
>>
>>27140708

There's no guaranty of getting a girlfriend, but there is a guaranty of becoming a better version of yourself.

A year form now you could be:

A) Fatter and more disgusting than you are now, lonely with no chance of getting a girlfriend.
B) Have a body you can be proud of, still lonely but with a better chance of getting a girlfriend.
>>
File: life.png (245 KB, 676x539) Image search: [Google]
life.png
245 KB, 676x539
>>27140921
>Be me
>In highschool
>Financial Lit (basically teach kids to not be retards with their money) does a social experiment to introduce the concept of saving for the future
>gives each kid a marshmallow
>tells them they can either eat it now or wait and get another at the end of class
>I wait and don't eat it
>end of class
>no other marshmallow

>mfw it was actually a hyperreal representation of modern american finance
>we put off on enjoying what we have with the belief that our asceticism will pay off when in reality it won't
>>
>>27141420
That just shows self control/gluttony. Also I would have told the teacher to go fuck themselves. They are just reinforcing the recent jew movement towards not taking responsibility for your actions. What the teacher did was trick you, if you are getting tricked in actual financial situations either you have legal ground or you are a plain fucking retard that deserved it.
>>
>>27141133
No if you were to actually do this every day you'd destroy your body in a month or less.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.