[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
got a job working at a grocery store and it went badly my first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: a15.png (392 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
a15.png
392 KB, 680x510
got a job working at a grocery store and it went badly my first day

>supervisor tells me to put "paid" stickers on anything that doesn't go in a bag (basically, customers often don't put their gallons of milk or cases of water in a bag so we put stickers on them)
>some guy comes through a line with a lot of gatorade bottles
>he says he doesnt want them in a bag
>i start putting stickers on all of them
>he gets upset and starts criticizing me for putting stickers on them all
>tell him its just store protocol to put a sticker on anything not in a bag
>he says no one has ever done that
>he leaves with a scowl on his face

I don't get it. If the rules are the rules why is it bad to follow them?
>>
>>27139093
nobody else has ever done that though, only you.
>>
>>27139093
It isn't. Your only other option in that scenario was to break the rules and risk getting in trouble. Fuck that guy. Retail sucks, you're going to have to build up thick skin to deal with cunts who think the world is theirs and that you're just living in it.
>>
unless they're being a real pain just ignore them, the management understands how customers are and won't hold it against you
>>
>>27139093
Dude no wagie follows rules. Just bag and take their cash.

Little do NEETS know I wipe my sweaty ass crack barehanded before wrapping their taco.
>>
>>27139093
pro tip if working in the service/retail industry: some people are just cunts regardless of anything you do/don't do. just brush it off bro, you didn't do anything wrong.
>>
You didn't do anything wrong you idiot. Grow a pair.
>>
>>27139093
I've been a retail slave for the past 5.5 years. Sounds like the guy was just being a typical idiotic customer. Wouldn't read into it unless your manager says something
>>
>>27139196
>acting like your dad on /r9k/
>>
>>27139219
Reminds me of a story a coworker said to me today

>condensed milk is on for a dollar a bottle today and tomorrow
>usually we put the limit at 12
>usually the limit is 4, because that's what upper management wants
>anyway they forgot to up the limit
>first customer flips our - says something like "management doesn't know what they're doing, and the limit of four is an insult of my (the customers) intelligence"

The coworker said it was all she could do to not laugh in the guys face
>>
>>27139224
>acting like a petulant child online
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.