[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you fell for the Zizek meme >you fell for the pynchon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: zizek.gif (44 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
zizek.gif
44 KB, 350x263
>you fell for the Zizek meme
>you fell for the pynchon meme
>you fell for the DFW meme
>you fell for the /pol/ could be wrong meme
>you fell for the Linux meme
>you fell for the Thinkpad meme
>you fell for the Zizek meme
>you fell for the back squat meme
>>
>>27138166
>tfw your county library system has like 25 books by zizek but only 9 books by Oakeshott and Scruton.
>>
What's wrong with Thinkpads?
>>
I've fallen for all but one of these memes, damn.

It's kind of scary how narrow 4chan can be. I could probably name 3 things I'm interested in and be identified as browsing here by someone in the know.
>>
>Zizek
>DFW
>Pynchon
>may may xDDDDD

Its not like they are universally critically claimed or anything
>>
>>27139281
>universally critically claimed

>universally
>critically acclaimed
you lost me anon
the fact that you're wholeheartedly buying into those circles of litcrit is enough of a tell to those in the know (cf. >>27139227)
>>
>>27139281
They're not really. DFW gets flak from women and nigs for only appealing to white men, and from white men because he shat on a lot of other authors (Updike, BEE, etc.) He's much more discussed and liked on /lit/ then he is in real life. Most English undergrads don't know him (says more about American undergraduate education than DFW but still.) Pynchon has a better rep and is much more present in academia but still faces similar criticism from women and nigs and also criticism from realists in the 80s mold, who are much less relevant today, but still too relevant. No one cares about Zizek afaik.
>>
>>27139371
>>27139399

You niggas are high, just because some random feminist or a negro says that they don't like them doesn't mean that those three are not universally considered great writers/thinkers
>>
>>27139399
>No one cares about Zizek afaik.

Are you serious? He is the most popular living philosopher. Anyone who ever typed "philosophy" into google knows who Zizek is.
>>
>>27138166
what is the backsquat meme?
>>
>>27139575
The criticism section of Zizek is as long as the rest of his Wikipedia article. This is the 4th result when you google DFW:

http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/08/david-foster-wallace-beloved-author-of-bros.html

Like I said Pynchon gets the best rap but not everyone is into post-modernism.

And once again this is just Zizek and DFW discussed in pop-culture, they're irrelevant in academia (although I'm American so can't speak to Zizek in European universities, would imagine he shows up more there.)
>>
>>27139631

I was a bit too broad. low bar back squata are a disgusting unatural lift.

I then strarted to dislike even high bar. Fuck risking my life with that lift (I wear oly shoes btw) in the case i fall forward. Front squat feels so comfortable in comparison and I stay so upright
>>
>>27139747
so what is the backsquat meme?
>>
>>27139602
Google "best living philosophers"

http://theculturetrip.com/europe/united-kingdom/articles/top-10-living-philosophers/

^no Zizek

http://leiterreports.typepad.com/blog/2005/05/living_philosop.html

^no Zizek

https://www.quora.com/Who-is-the-greatest-living-philosopher

"Sometimes, though not often, Slavoj Zizek is mentioned - perhaps worthy of a note."

At least in America (though he doesn't seem to be getting play on European lists either) he's not that well-known. Outside of the 4chan bubble of course!
>>
File: zizekwife.jpg (160 KB, 472x329) Image search: [Google]
zizekwife.jpg
160 KB, 472x329
>tfw you fell for the humanism meme
>tfw philosophy fell for the subject/object dichotomy meme
>>
>>27138166
literally nothing wrong with pynchon
>>
>>27139901
Those are analytic philosophers, Zizek is a critical theorist, those two camps more or less have nothing to say to each other.

I wouldn't say Zizek is overly important, he doesn't really create new ideas but he scavenges and summarizes everything else going on. He's about as important as any other EGS-related philosopher. People like Agamben, Sloterdijk and Virilio are probably more imporant. Zizek is cool in that he doesn't give a fuck about if something will damage his reputation, he just says it.
>>
>>27139901
>Martha Nussbaum

List trashed.
>>
>>27140166
I don't think they're good lists, merely pointing out mass culture's opinion of him.

>>27140042
Peter Sloterdijk called OSHO (aka Rajneesh) the Wittgenstein of religions, I just did a presentation on him (OSHO.)
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.