[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or does every girl nowadays seem to diagnose themselves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 1417457326496.gif (280 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1417457326496.gif
280 KB, 400x388
Is it just me or does every girl nowadays seem to diagnose themselves with anxiety and depression
>>
>>27138071
congratulations sherlock. Its another way for girls to be a "special snowflake"
>>
File: 1452571246884.png (82 KB, 197x187) Image search: [Google]
1452571246884.png
82 KB, 197x187
>400 word essay due in 2 months
>am (literally) LITERALLY having an anxiety attack thinking about it
>>
>>27139731
you've never been fucked by a chad and then never called back. it's no wonder women have low self-esteem and anxiety/attachment issues, men and fathers treat them like shit.
>>
>>27138071
11.7% of women will have depression in their lifetime
vs 5.3% of men
>>
File: 1428102677533.gif (4 KB, 256x272) Image search: [Google]
1428102677533.gif
4 KB, 256x272
It's because women are lead to believe that raising children and running a household is oppression whereas sitting in a cubicle is empowering.
>>
>>27139900
women are more open to telling someone or seeking psychological help than men
many men have too much pride and would see themselves as mentally weak if they were to ask for help

there's probably more cases of men having depression more than women because experience more things that could cause depression than women
>>
File: bait is not trying.jpg (22 KB, 627x626) Image search: [Google]
bait is not trying.jpg
22 KB, 627x626
>>27139836
>never been fucked by a chad and not called back
what is good judgement/foresight
>fathers treat them like shit
never happens to men/boys, nope exclusively woman problem
>men treat women like shit
and women don't treat men like shit, maybe in the imaginary confines of your "safe space"
>>
>>27139900
>women
>gets sad
>oh no i am depress
>seeks help early because woman
>medicated
>side effects/withdrawal convinces them that problem is real
11.7% of women are retards
>>
Yes, just like majority of r9k.
>>
Back 50 years ago, mental illnesses were seen as nothing more than a simple classification that helped mental health professionals categorize problems and help treat them.

Nowadays, mental illnesses are seen as identities. Just like everything else, they had to become identities that people cling onto.

And the danger here is, when you see something as an identity, it kills your motivation to fix it.

"why should I change who I am. I don't need to change anything. Society needs to change. You need to change. Not me"

I'm all for accepting people, and respecting any struggles that they may be working through. But I will never accept mental illnesses as anything else other than an ailment that needs to be fixed.
>>
>>27139976

No.

I think it just shows that men are stronger than women at the end of the day.

I'm not implying that getting depression is a sign of weakness. But the way you handle it definitely is.

When most men start feeling depressed, they think "shit. I have a problem. I better start making some lifestyle and diet changes and get my shit back on track."

Women think "oh no. I've been struck down by a horrible ailment that I have no control over whatsoever. The only solution is to go to a doctor and get pills."
>>
>>27140102
from a quick google search women are more prone to depression because of all the hormonal changes they go through in life

puberty, menstruation, pregnancy, birth, menopause

the brain is an organ just like any other
>>
>>27140102
This, I'd say more about 99% of women are retards tho
>>
>>27138071
Yep.

>tfw thought I might have depression but don't want to be like one of them so I deny it

I think I'm just cynical and bitter which isn't depression desu.
>>
File: 1452276807646.png (42 KB, 846x592) Image search: [Google]
1452276807646.png
42 KB, 846x592
>>27140240
>tfw docs prescribe drugs to suppress/"fix" the mindset of "mental illness"

The drugs work wonders but they aren't really a solution
>>
>>27139976
spot on. men lower their status by admitting weakness, women's status comes mostly from looks and social relations so she usually raises her status with this just by getting more attention. weakness can also make girls more attractive like the damsel in distress/submissive/easy target look..

men are taught to repress their feelings and self worth from a young age which can only cause more trauma.. theres a study showing parents respond far more to a crying female baby than a male one.
>>
>>27140240
this has nothing to do with the times. people "cling" to mental illness as an excuse to "drop out" of the status game because they cant take anymore losses and just want to be left alone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rank_theory_of_depression
>>
Dont forget bipolar disorder because sometimes they're happy and sometimes sad
>>
>>27139989
it was a joke
>>
>>27139731
>>27139731

Robots do literally this EXACT THING every day. How many of you autists claim to have depression on a daily basis?

>>27139976
The first part of what you said is right, but the part about men experiencing more "depression causing" things than women is bullshit

>>27140102
>>27140434
You two sound like you would know firsthand.

>>27140121
>>27140406
Glad to see there are a few other people with brains around here

Fuck you all for making me reply.
>>
>>27141986

Just fuck off already you retarded faggot, who gives a shit what you think about anything? Worthless garbage post that added nothing to the thread save your cretinous opinion
>>
>400 words
>2months
I can do that in a day wtf
>>
>>27138071
Anxiety and depression fucking suck. I don't let anyone know I have it. I am barely hanging on by a thread.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.