[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>just had huge discussion with parents about me moving out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: REEEE.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
REEEE.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
>just had huge discussion with parents about me moving out

I'M ONLY 18 FOR FUCK'S SAKE, WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME
>>
>>27137889
Tell them the average age to move out is 25, which is true. If you have a job (at all) you can live in an apartment with a roomie.
>>
>americans

Why do they even have children if they hate them and literally want to kick them out as soon as possible?
>>
>>27137889
Let me guess, you were the guy posting all the NEET threads, right?

Well, better get cracking on that resume. Mr Shekelstein expects to see your job application /very/ soon Anon
>>
>>27137889
Pretty obvious they don't want anything from you. Ever again.
>>
>>27137937
What if OP isn't american?
>>
File: child abuse.jpg (74 KB, 907x858) Image search: [Google]
child abuse.jpg
74 KB, 907x858
>>27137937
people only have kids so when they're too old to take care of themselves they can mooch off their kids.

for some reason they forget the part where you actually have to treat your kids nice if you want them to take care of you in 40 years.
>>
>>27137889
All you gotta do is pay rent, I'm sure they'll let you stay.
>>
You have shitty parents or you are a shitty son
>>
>>27137924

>25

maybe in the 3rd world

I was considered a late escape at 19-20

my friends were out at 18 when they finished college

one friend managed to at 16 when he started college he got a good paying apprenticeship
>>
>>27138769
How the fuck am I gonna pay rent if I don't know the first thing about finding a job.
>>
>>27139046
By getting a job.
>go to local wall-mart
>Ask cashier if accepting jobs
>no
>carry on to next place

>"Yes anon, We are currently recruiting!"
>Fill out application
>wew lad
>>
>>27137937
Something about hurrhurr gotta work hard self-sufficiency bluh bluh you're a failure if you don't follow cultural hard livin' tough love trends

And no parent can bear to think of their child not being "successful" with regards to their often prepackaged worldviews

Capitalism (not really blaming the system itself, but moreso the mentality it spawns) can be a killer of empathy if you take it too seriously

But you know whatever I'm just being as much of a judgmental cunt as I'm calling them by writing this in the first place so w/e
>>
>>27139046
Didn't you take at least one required "life skills" class in high school?

They usually cover how to register to vote, how to manage a bank account, how to find an apartment, how to look for a job, etc.
>>
>>27137937
this
>tfw here it's perfectly normal to live with your parents for all their life or even get married and move to your parents' house with your family
not being heartless savages is a good thing
>>
>>27138922
In the US college starts at 18
>>
>>27137889
23yo here living on third world country, my parents never told me to move out of the house or get a GF.

Maybe because I get along greatly with them.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.