[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever been on a date?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11
File: weird_man_date_600x369.jpg (136 KB, 600x367) Image search: [Google]
weird_man_date_600x369.jpg
136 KB, 600x367
Have you ever been on a date?
>>
No, and I can't even imagine what it would be like.
>>
No, doubt I'm missing anything though
>>
seems so unnatural and forced
>>
>>27136885
i havent touched a girl since the 8th grade and i gave her the touch
>>
29 khv

nope, not a legit date. I went to movies and did that kind of teenager stuff with one girl I had a crush on in high school but that doesn't count.

I really have no clue what the fuck I'd even talk about on a date, five minutes into it I'd probably run out of shit to talk about
>>
>>27136885
yes.

First date is usually awkward because you're feeling out the persons personality. dates after the first one are usually pretty fun if you like the girl/share the same hobbies and you're not just doing it to bust nuts.
>>
>>27136885
Had one date set up
Movie with qt while in high school
She cancels

Just end my shit please
>>
If you've been on a date then you're a normie, and you are probably not going to be on this board.
>>
>>27136885
please define "date"
>>
>>27136885
Nope that is why I am here. 27 year old kissless virgin here. I know women would only date me now for my money so I am not going to do it.
>>
No. I ate at this chill place that served tea with a French girl I met on the bus. And at this other place that served hot chocolate. But she wanted to go out too much for my taste, so I slowly stopped texting her. I'm a piece of shit. Sorry, Laura.
>>
>>27136885
Does vidya count?
>>
>>27137224
Why did you not want to see her though? I'd be happy to see Laura
>>
like 15 yeah
>>
>>27136885
I tried to date Ariane numerous times to no avail.
>>
yeah

It's the worst feeling in the world. Like performing in front of people. Except you REALLY want to impress this girl, and she's comparing you to everybody she ever dated and just sitting there silently judging you and waiting for you to win her over with amazing thoughtful date plans and hilarious jokes.

Anything people say about dating being about "finding the right one" is blatantly bullshit. You're basically trying to sell yourself to a young girl who is only interested in fun and good times. She doesn't give a shit what you think about things and she doesn't give a shit about your personality.
>>
Probably my insane standards (she was like a 6/10), my immaturity and me being a shut-in. Now, I'm just a shut-in, altough there's this girl from one class that wanted to go somewhere to eat (she was a 5/10). I...postponed. She was kind of shy, though, even with me. I guess I don't like to compromise.
>>
no

am an old man at 30 now, and never will be going on one either
>>
This post
>>27137424
is meant for
>>27137274
>>
>a guy ive been talking to online says hes visiting my city in a week
>tells me hes coming to look at unis
>week later when he gets here and wants to meet up
>thats fine
>2 hours before we're supposed to meet he messages me and tells me he loves me and isnt here to look at unis he just came here to see me
>wewlad.gif
>dont know what to do
>meet with him anyway
>we're going to see a movie but he got lost so we missed the movie we were going to see
>next movie is in 2 hours
>he takes me to the arcade
>hes doing cheesy shit like trying to win me a stuffed toy
>asks if i play DDR
>tell him no and i dont really like it
>he pushes me onto the DDR pad and forces me to play
>takes me to initial d and asks if i ever played
>"nah i dont know much about cars"
>makes me play again, he wrecks me and is super smug about beating me
>oh god let it end
>we finally get to the movie, i'm wearing a beanie, he tries to flirtly take it off me
>no please dont touch my beanie or me
>he tries to get close to me during the movie
>at the end of the movie its late and he tries to convince me to go back to his place
>"no haha thats fine ill just take a taxi home"
>end up walking from the theatre to my place at 1am, took like 40 minutes

i'm a boy btw

i just wanted to hang out with a friend senpaitachi, why did he have to out autistic me?
>>
>>27137399
I don't really care what people will say, but I just refuse to play that game. the deck is stacked and I'm not being a sucker.

if that means I am a guaranteed forever alone, so be it. I'll just stick to hookers. at least they're honest.
>>
File: 154194251054.jpg (69 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
154194251054.jpg
69 KB, 535x577
>>27137541
I knew this girl pretty well before I did it and she still dropped me. We literally talked every night, and shared everything with each other, but she didn't have enough fun going out with me so she didn't want to talk ever again.

Now I'm honestly afraid of dating
>>
File: 1338111347297.gif (217 KB, 200x196) Image search: [Google]
1338111347297.gif
217 KB, 200x196
Really the wrong board, but ok I'll bite.

>Be me
>Senior year of high school
>Like this junior
>Mutual friend tells me she likes me
>Tell her I know
>She flips out
>I tell her it's ok and that I like her too
>She thinks I am joking but I eventually convince her
>We agree to go on a date
>Starbucks because I had no fucking idea what to do on a date
>We meet up, order coffee, talk, leave.

Overall, 8/10 would do again. It was pretty comfy desu. We both wanted to be there and even though we were both alittle awkward at first, we eventually got comfortable and talked about, well, alot of stuff. Hated the coffee though it was terrible.
>>
Where do people even go for dates? What do you talk about?
>>
>>27137788
>movies
>bar
>cafe
>any food place

Source: movies

I don't know what you talk about
>>
>>27137788
A date is wherever you want it to be anon (As long as it isn't super autistic/not in your date's interest)

As far as topics to talk about, It's usually good to start off with something related to both of you, school, work, ect, then slowly move into slightly more personal topics like music and family, and if the ball is rolling, more abstract concepts and opinions on politics, relationships, ect.

>YMMV
>>
i saw a movie with a girl once

she drove and paid for her own ticket

does that count?
>>
Nope, probably never will. It's the most forced thing in the world.

Two people going somewhere to evaluate each other with sex as the background. And who are we kidding, it's mostly the guy trying to impress a girl that he's thirsting after. I don't even care enough about sex to do all that shit.

Normalfags are thirsty for every single girl. It really is a numbers game to them. They go on hundreds of dates, they go on tinder and swipe right for every single girl. They don't give a fuck. Any girl will do the trick.

The chance of me finding a girl I'll like is so tiny it's not even funny.
>>
if the chance ever comes up, what are "fun" options for dates that don't cost a lot, the whole sit down and watch each other eat and drink shit always seemed weird to me, too forced.
>>
years ago. ended up dating her. never been on one since (we're not dating anymore). I don't really see any end in sight either
>>
>>27137841
>taking a girl to the movies on a date.

classic mistake. everything else you posted should be in addition to the date. eating by itself doesn't show any originality. you should plan an activity and have the dinner/lunch/whatever be the final part of the date.
>>
>Went to a date
>Start talking with the girl
>She isn't as fun as i supposed
>Fuck this sexual tension, i'm going full casual
>Start just talking shit and showing my power level without care
>Have a good time
>She doesn't speak to me anymore after or we became buddies
>Godammit, fucked up the date game
>Go after a girl

Rinse and repeat...I'm like a destroyer of possible relationships because of impatience
>>
>>27137968

>Bowling
>Movies
>Arcade if she is into that
>Park
>???

I am trying ok?
>>
>>27138030
bowling seems too... big lebowski

I was thinking maybe ice skating? or is that too cheesey and corny? renting skates is pretty cheap
>>
>>27137968
meet up to play magic. bitches love magic the gathering
>>
File: 62542805.jpg (236 KB, 850x628) Image search: [Google]
62542805.jpg
236 KB, 850x628
>>27138085
Ice skating is good, you get to teach her if she doesn't know and make it a fun/romantic thing.

>>27138104
>Magic
>>
File: pain.png (145 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
pain.png
145 KB, 500x322
>>27136885
No. I don't really know how to get into one either. I asked a girl out in High School once, but she said no (though, I talked to some people I knew then, and one of them brought it up, and everyone said I was very close to making it with her, so I don't know what is true or not). Anyway, asking a girl out just seems like a big risk. If she doesn't feel the same way, then I will have torpedoed any relationship I could potentially have with them, because they will know that I am attracted to them (even though they probably know that I am anyway, it makes me feel better thinking they might not be able to tell), and that will always be in the back of the mind. This is especially true, as I have a neurological disorder that makes me unable to read emotion very well, so it would always be a gamble for me (for reference a girl in my HS speech class would hold my hand and pet me, and I didn't take the hint).
>>
>>27138160
only thing with skating is I haven't done it since I was like 10. not sure if I can even slide stop anymore

I guess falling in my ass might make her laugh though...
>>
>>27136885
No, and never will. Dates are the epitome of normalfagging. You're going well out of your way, likely spending entirely on your own, just to impress someone.

I'm not against relationships, if by some miracle I happen to connect with a woman I'm open to it. But, I am not engaging in a dog and pony show to impress a fucking whore.
>>
I accidentally a gf around 8 years ago but we never went on a 'date' date like you see in the movies where 2 people go have a coffee and get to know each other.

>28
>NEET
>can't drive
>don't go outside
>avoidance is my primary coping strategy
>have nothing in common with people

What would I even talk about?
>>
Never an official "date" no

I hung out with girls at their house and went swimming with her, she had a pool. Had to fight not getting a stiffy the whole time so it wasn't even enjoyable. That water glistening on her skin, her swimming up to me...good lord pham

Chilled in her car and at parks and drank

I'm not worth a real date and this shit will never happen again. The glory days are over. It's actually hurting really bad to think back on these memories right now
>>
>>27138005
You should keep trying until you find the one who likes you for who you are brah
>>
>>27137999
naw famalam

first date should be pretty vanilla in case shes crazy or some shit. Lets assume we go to something like a group painting class when you realize shes giving off of them babybolier vibes. You cant dip instantly, like you could in a restaurant or bar
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 260x327) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 260x327
>>27138104
i want a qt3.14 gf who will play with a blue deck against my green/black deck but every """nerdy""" lesbian is a fucking tumblrina. feels bad man. :<
>>
When I was in 8th grade, my best friend's crush asked me to go to a church thing with her. I declined.
>>
File: 1457141644129.jpg (16 KB, 450x333) Image search: [Google]
1457141644129.jpg
16 KB, 450x333
>>27138265
Not him, but who would like me for who I am? I'm mentally ill, I have no interests besides history, historical military uniforms, and a specific anime (NGE), I am very morally conservative, am uncomfortable with physical contact, and can't socialize worth a damn.

>tfw diagnosed with a mental illness that will get worse with age and with onset in early adulthood
>only 19
>this will be one crazy ride
>>
>>27136885
No but I've saved some money and haven't had to go through an awkward ordeal because of it. It's pretty awesome.
>>
I WANT A 12 INCH 80 MICKY DICKY WITH A 12 SIZE FRIES
>>
I've been on four first dates.
>>
>>27138479
And how did it go? Details pls
>>
>>27136885
>>27137157
this please

bsdpogjweoq
>>
>>27137157
Going out with someone you are sexually attracted to with the intent of knowing each other better, maybe?
>>
Nope, never.

Real fucking original comment
>>
22, no, can't see one happening.
>>
I once spent 2 hours researching what's going on around my city plus another 2 hours or so preparing small talk topics/responses to likely questions because I was preparing to ask a girl out on a date

she ended up rejecting me immediately upon asking her
>>
>>27138256
>Never an official "date" no
>I hung out with girls
This is what happened to me.
>>
>>27136885
yeah and it's been horrible
She was even more socially uncomfortable than me so I had to lead the conversation and I'm definitely not good at this.
We like the same music so we talked about that at first but that doesn't lead to any useful discussion and becomes boring after a while so I somehow tried to talk about more personal stuff which went pretty awful. I told her everything, that I'm living with my parents, quit university 2 times and how depressed I am I don't even know why I told her all that shit. She didn't tell me anything personal about herself. Until the end of the night I was feeling worse and worse and we said goodbye in the most awkward way possible. I never texted her or anything.
>>
I have been on dates (about 15 different girls and yes i kept count)but none of them successful. I was just awkward as fuck and they never talked to me again. Once I entered university I just said fuck it because my life is gonna be studying until i get my PhD in Comp Sci. Right now i just look at a girl and say she looks pretty and then proceed to take any romantic emotions kill it before it takes hold like a weed.
>>
>>27137075
Story of my life senpai.
>>
>>27138500
Not in chronological order:

>one was a fat 3/10. Went to a coffee shop and talked for a bit.

Fairly generic date. Can't remember what we talked about, but she found someone else after and had triplets.

>had sushi and coffee with a 6/10 girl

Thought this was going to go somewhere, as we had a similar taste in video games and she seemed pretty cool. She kind of flaked out after the date.

>went hiking with another 6/10 girl

She was in town for the summer. She was OK, personality wise. She skipped date number two because one of her guy friends "had an emergency." She didn't specify what, even in generic terms. Noped out of that one.

Wait, we had pizza another time. Still, skipped out on anything serious with her, as she seemed obsessed with the other guy I mentioned.

>dated 2/10

We spent most of the "date" in a parking lot trying to figure out what we wanted to do. I'd suggest something, and shed shoot it down. It was a bad date.

I'm a certified stud.
>>
>>27138295
stealth attention whore
>>
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 229x220
>>27138265
>just bee urself
Dude it won't work...
>>
I have but they always end weird because I don't know how to end them.

I walk them to their bus or something.
>>
File: 1421940822340.gif (999 KB, 225x388) Image search: [Google]
1421940822340.gif
999 KB, 225x388
Yep, with current gf

First date was hell for both of us since we're both awkward as fuck and prefer comfortable silence over awkward or mindless conversation.

The next dates were bliss though, when we both felt comfortable being silent with each other.

Pic semi-related, gf has that exact body shape
>>
I'm 29 and I've been on exactly 2 dates.

The first one was some girl in my college class. She friendzoned me afterwards.

The second one was some fat chick from OKC. She took me back to her place, we watched Kill Bill and I was way too disgusted by her fatness (I fell for the old pic meme) and her being way too into her tiny dog, whom she dressed and let shit in her apartment, to do anything with her.
>>
>>27136885
The secret really is to not treat it like a date. Just hang out like two friends doing something together, trust me senpai, if she likes you it'll go somewhere (the relationship that is).
>>
I'm 32 and never been on a date.
>>
I got taken on one once and didn't realize it until about halfway through. It was weird.
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 520x694) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 520x694
I went on a coffee date once with a girl I met on okcupid. Her picture did not do her justice on how bad she looked. The conversation was boring and I never called back. She did text wanting to go out again but fuck that
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.