[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw presentation tomorrow Can't sleep, feel like shit,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 750x1334
>tfw presentation tomorrow
Can't sleep, feel like shit, nervous as fuck.
Why can't I just be normal
>>
File: bottle.png (246 KB, 581x1240) Image search: [Google]
bottle.png
246 KB, 581x1240
i am going to be completely serious here

drink like 2 or 3 shots of liquor, or drink like 4 beers, glasses of wine, whatever you like

alcohol is like flipping the normalfag switch on in your brain temporarily, it's like magic
>>
>>27135870
I dunno senpai what if it will make me do weird shit
>>
Man up, the only way to gain confidence, is to confront your fears.
>>
>>27136004
>implying this is the first time im giving a presentation
I always spaghetti. Sometimes I forget to breath, sometimes I stutter like a retard, I can't change it.
>>
>>27135978
doing weird shit is better than doing no shit 2bh

you'll just give less of a fuck about what you say, you wont be mulling over it a thousand times a second with all the eyes on you wondering if you're being awkward like you would sober
>>
Take small pauses inbetween words, that might help. I'll be thinking of your tomorrow buddy good luck!
>>
>>27136098
Thanks friend

>>27136053
Fuck it, I've got nothing to lose. I'll try your advice.
>>
>>27135835
Anyone know why this guy was hired to do photoshoots with a noose around his neck?
>>
Don't worry. Literally everyone is nervous. Just some people can hide it better. Go out there and talk about what you know nothing else. Just be well spoken, not confident. As long as you get the message across you'll be fine.
>>
>>27135835
As someone who's job it has been to give presentations daily for the last 4.5 years, I feel for you buddy.

Just remember, you only feel nervous because your brain instinctively thinks you need all the cucks of society to survive, but you don't, you could literally get up there, shit in front of everyone and be fine.

I always find a confident opening paves the way for a smooth presentation, as you cannot rehearse your presentation over and over enough to ever get comfortable with it, try to get comfortable with introducing yourself and what you will be presenting, ie (Good morning everyone, I am anon and I will be talking to you about my mom getting fucked by a nigger)

also bring some water, if your throat gets dry you will want it, and if you have to take a moment to gather your thoughts it can act as a buffer so you don't seem like a fucking retard.

avoid saying ums and uhs, let there be moments of silence rather than this, filler words are killer words.

you will inevitably do something with your hands or your feet, the trick to making this look natural is to do it in a smooth motion. What I mean by this is if you are going to pace, do it slowly, walk to one side of the room. pause, look around the room while talking and then walk back.

I think that's all the tips I have, I still get nervous no matter how long it has been, Good luck tomorrow!
>>
>>27135835
what's your presentation about?

I always hated them too. I was terrible at them.
>>
File: 1457678463176.jpg (115 KB, 622x521) Image search: [Google]
1457678463176.jpg
115 KB, 622x521
Good Luck Robo-Friend!
I wish the bests for your presentation
>>
>>27135835
most people are nervous about stuff like that
you are normal
>>
Deep and steady breathing helps. A few seconds and few seconds out. Deep and steady like Tyrone with your gf.
>>
>>27135870
This.

Was a nervous wreck at presentations too until I found that a few shots of vodka or whiskey is all you need. Trying to 'tough it out' will only make your stage freight worse with more presentations as the anxiety and panic will be more strongly associated. Go with alcohol or benzos, dont try smoking weed before a presentation if you have stage freight, I learned why the hard way.
>>
>>27135835
Remember that your life does not revolve around what goes down in school (I assume unless work presentation), more than likley you will never see your peers again and desu they don't care or will forget anything you do wrong. Your life revolves around what you do alone for fun.
>>
>>27135835
I took Theatre studies at a level, eat bananas the potassium helps. Know that you'll always be nervous at first, but if you practice once you get into the swing of things you should find confidence.
>>
Has anybody tried giving a presentation while drunk or buzzed a tiny bit? I'm always afraid if I tried it'd be painfully obvious that I have drank and that I would fuck up my presentation due to being drunk
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.