[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SSRI's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 264x191
been on this shit for 2 days (50mg)

whens it start kickin in?
>>
for me it was about after the first week. 50mg is literally nothing tho, i'd say just use 100mg and if you have any side effects talk to your doctor.
The only side effect I got was that I literally couldnt jerk off for about a week which was annoying but worth it imo
>>
File: 1454922730674.png (239 KB, 708x537) Image search: [Google]
1454922730674.png
239 KB, 708x537
>Zoloft
Took it for 6 months. They might as well be sugar pills because they did jack shit for my depression.
Might wanna get better meds, m8. Zoloft does jack shit.
>>
>>27132328
been on 250mg for about 3 months, then stopped because it didn't do anything for me except occasional diarrhea
>>
File: ECKHART-TOLLE.jpg (352 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
ECKHART-TOLLE.jpg
352 KB, 2000x1000
>falling for the meme that pills actually specifically treat depression
>the truth being that they're just chemicals
>>
zoloft gave me muscle spasms
>>
>>27132420

They don't even really fundamentally know how Zoloft works to manage depression and anxiety, only that it fucks with your serotonin and that somehow gives positive results sometimes.

Obviously it doesn't work the same for everyone. Why would you assume that because Zoloft didn't work for you, it wouldn't work for someone else? It worked great for my sister.
>>
>>27132328
>he fell for the SSRI meme
lmao
>>
>>27132454

All you are is chemicals you idiot. THC and morphine are just chemicals.

When you feel happy or sad, that's just chemicals.
>>
File: pepe53.jpg (86 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
pepe53.jpg
86 KB, 500x484
I'm on six different psych meds, the only SSRI in the bunch is Lexapro. It hasn't done much for my depression, but its effectively castrated me as far as sex drive is concerned. I don't know if thats an intended effect or not.
>>
>>27132454
so you post an image of a cult leader instead
>>
>>27132517
no sex drive would be great. fapping is just a chore at this point
>>
>>27132465

Yea, there is a great understanding of the actual pharmacology of these drugs. But medicine isn't at a where it can truly like neurobiology with pathology.

It's very relevant to the OP's question. Why the fuck to SSRIs take so long to work? You can get the "required" receptor occupancy for effects after a single dose. It seems like effects don't become apparent until neuroadaptation occurs.

SSRIs are a meme drug. No one knows why they work or even why they should work. If down regulation of receptors is required it sort of defeats the actual theory. It would also mean that drugs that promote the reuptake of serotonin should also work for depression, which is actually true.

It also implies that drugs that would antagonize serotonin receptors would have some use and they do as well. Anti-psychotics do this to an extent and are widely used as adjuncts to anti-depressants.

Pretty much the only safe and well understood psychiatric drugs are benzodiazepines and stimulants. Also gay shit like lithium.
>>
>>27132517
I just started taking Lexapro, but I'm also taking Wellbutrin which apparently diminishes some of the sexual side effects. I was previously on setraline and I got ED from it too, in addition to weight gain and nausea.
>>
File: 1456450957392.jpg (245 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456450957392.jpg
245 KB, 1080x1080
>>27132502
>Implying my depression isn't a logical result based on the world I live in
>Implying artificially induced "happiness" is happiness

Senpai please
>>
>>27132929
the original post was good, but you're revealed your bait now. im willing to guess this post isn't even by the same person and the original might've been serious.. hmmm
>>
File: 1450242269282.jpg (59 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1450242269282.jpg
59 KB, 500x378
This song just about sums up my experience with medication

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYX-fSRa2P4
>>
>>27132922
Been on Lexapro for a year and if anything it's made me hornier. Don't know why. Slowed my metabolism down though which is a pain.
>>
File: suit.jpg (40 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
suit.jpg
40 KB, 1024x768
I tried these drugs for years including the one in the OP. The reality is the efficacy of these drugs is questionable. This is not me engaging in meme science -- the studies are available, they simply do not have impressive efficacy. Usually the drug companies come up with one study that has the bare minimum efficacy to get government approval and that is after multiple studies with failing results.

They aren't very effective. You are better off:
>exercising daily
>sleeping regularly
>smoking marijuana
All three in combination produced far greater improvement than the SSRI drugs and did not have the horrible side effects of the SSRI drugs (sexual dysfunction, weight gain, physical dependence, etc.) Put simply they improved my mood and made me more productive. I believe marijuana is far more effective than the serotonin inhibitors in actually improving mood, and it is excluded from mainstream treatment due to monetary rather than clinical reasons.

Now for the grown-up talk. You need to be actively engaged in building a professional career. If you are doing nothing with your life, or you are setting yourself up for a lifetime of occupational mediocrity, you are going to feel miserable, no matter what else you are doing right. Men feel best when they are progressing toward a goal. If you are not working, you need to be engaged in your education. If you're working a dead-end job, you need to be engaged in procuring a respectable profession. When I say respectable I do not mean one that other people respect, I mean one that you yourself respect (though the two will often coincide.)

Men feel best when they are engaged in their occupation. You need to have professional goals and you need to be actively realizing them. You cannot sit around all day and expect to feel well, completely devoid of meaningful accomplishment. You need to put in fucking work.
>>
>>27132328
I have schizoaffective disorder and zoloft did jack shit. Celexa also did nothing. I am on cymbalta now which is a snri and that shit works atleast a little bit
SSRI dont always work for really bad depression sometimes you need a snri or a mood stabilizer like abilify or seroquel. trust me because I have been on just about every medication there is for depression and I can tell you what works
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.