[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Derealization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
File: trippyfrog.jpg (170 KB, 675x559) Image search: [Google]
trippyfrog.jpg
170 KB, 675x559
How do you robots cope with it? Sometimes my mind kicks into overdrive and starts overanalyzing the world negatively so much I feel detached from it... and the thoughts themselves are inconsequential, but for some reason they're so frightening I begin having anxiety attacks.
>>
>>27131541
I've been dissociated for the last 4 years. It so bad I don't even feel like anything is real anymore. It's all a dream to me. No medication has helped in anyway. I've learned to just live with it
>>
I'm not even sure if it's 'derealization' but during these bouts I feel very small and I guess "transient" is the best word to describe it all. The world around me feels like it's in the process of dying.
>>
File: 1407625339343.jpg (11 KB, 376x370) Image search: [Google]
1407625339343.jpg
11 KB, 376x370
I don't know, it's not really a stressful experience for me. I just realize I'm looking at my body from the outside and it feels like I'm floating away. Feels pretty trippy. I've done dissociatives countless times though, so I'm kinda happy to get a free ride.
>>
>>27131614
wouldnt dissociation be a blessing at a certain degree of shitty life?
>>
>>27131714
My life became shitty when this happened tho. I had a relatively normal life. Then I started getting all space and people stopped talking to me
>>
>>27131668
also this all happened after I took a few hits of some very strong weed. ever since then it's been a downward spiral.

Like there's two types of hell. There's the depressive "life is pointless bahaha" hell, and then there's the truly despairing hell that I'm going through right now.
>>
bump, help, please, etc.
>>
Try some beta blockers
>>
>>27131541
>>27132380
I somewhat know the feel, I think. If I go too long without meaningful socialization, I start to think about how pointless life is and get suicidal purely through boredom even if depression doesn't hit. I start to hate my fellow humans for caring about things like emotions and other people.

Socialization really helps me, and as hard as it is for me to find people to talk to I realize it's even harder for others. I wish I had a solution, but I'm enough of a social failure that if I had a solution I wouldn't be alone in my bedroom shitposting right now.
>>
>>27131755
>there's the truly despairing hell that I'm going through right now.
You're depressed and getting high just made you realize it. Break routine, hang with good friends.

i'll save you my rant about how dumb people are when they say: oh my life is literally like hell. There's always worse anon and you have some ability to help yourself whether you see it or have the motivation to do it.
>>
>>27132559
OP here, that's exactly my probably. I was just going through a pretty severe mood swing when I posted that.
>>
GDP\DR is 80% self induced imo, the more you think you are not actually there/ the more your body pushes to not feel. You just need to let go and stop feeling bad for yourself, stay busy.
>>
Know nothing is real but pretend it is.
Actually everything is real in at least one plane of reality, and you're part of it. If you're pathetic, you suck even if nothing is what you believe it is.
I try to act normal and be successful cause even if I'm just a pile of matter with energy I know how "reality" works and I do my best to act like a real human being.
>>
File: 1457136877709.jpg (165 KB, 491x750) Image search: [Google]
1457136877709.jpg
165 KB, 491x750
I don't this is the appropriate board for this. /r9k/ is just edgy high schoolers who can't get laid.

You may want to explore 420chin, especially /qq/ and the drug/lucid dreaming boards.

Becoming detached from humanity can be a sign of deeply rooted depression but also from thinking too much. Overanalysing life will inevitably lead to some degree of emotional detachment, because you are bound to realise that you are just a random formation of molecules within an infinite flow of energies in an immortal organism. Your life has virtually no meaning since you, no anyone else, exists as a truly sovereign form. You are born, you eat and fuck, then die. Your 'mind' is merely a product of genetic code and your surrounding's input. After death, energies your body consisted of will dissolve and return as basis for other other lifeforms to emerge in a near and very distant future. Ergo = Nothing really matters.

So in a a sense, the only thing that should matter to you is your own personal happiness. How exactly you achieve it is up to you.

For me it's hard because I just work and save, try to contribute positively to the society of the humans (even though they're weak, stupid and egocentric) and try to cause the least pain to all living things. But I lost the ability to feel the emotions that bind humans together. I mostly try to act by logic and positivism. I find it strange sometimes to see people beating each other up in rage, kiss passionately in embrace or feed their children, same as hikkis hiding in their room. I feel like a computer with a broken operating system in a world of machines that don't realise they're machines.

tl;dr: Maybe you are not in a crisis, but rather reached a different mental level that isn't necessarily bad.
>>
>>27133209
>tl:dr: you're depressed and have the ability to go into denial turning it into narcissism

grow up stop looking for higher meaning in intelligence you won't find any just do what makes you happy
>>
>>27133209
what philosophies do you subscribe to and what is your personal understanding of death, fellow transcendentfag?
>>
First your body is blocked in all areas. You want to feel like opening up areas in your body and want to focus on the new like you were young.

Also the concept of HERE

You have to constantly remind yourself that you are HERE (present, now, it's all the same). But what is important is the heuristic of being HERE in the moment because it's an exact place and point. You feel it?

You actually feel being HERE. Now focus on it. The air you are breathing. The ground below your feet. The presence of being within yourself and feeling comfortable of you being HERE in the environment you are in.

Now you have to remind yourself that you are HERE. Do it five times, hundred times, million times that you are HERE in the present how much it takes to get back in yourself.

Don't let anything take away from you being HERE. You notice your mental energy is different from your physical. You notice you are wasting your mental energy by not choosing to be HERE. That is derealization.

You have to build yourself to be HERE or wherever in any situation.

This is how I got cured of my derealization. This and also Qigong and Meditation. Be comfortable with yourself and your environment. I have suffered from chronic dp/dr for 10 years and this is what I concluded. This will ultimately get you recovered back to 100% and even sharper and more aware than average/normal.

Good luck anon. I hope this sinks in
>>
Any other bullshit that takes away from you being HERE (like some esoteric philosophy, drugs, new age garbage etc). Don't go into it! It will make dp/dr worse. Focus on being HERE and only HERE
>>
>>27133664
Like I said before hundred times, million times, billion times however much it takes. Focus on the feeling and sensation. Focus on feeling open and every experience new that follows being here.
>>
File: man-contemplating-by-lake.jpg (22 KB, 578x346) Image search: [Google]
man-contemplating-by-lake.jpg
22 KB, 578x346
>>27133298
I see the antagonist notion in your post and that's okay. The green text you posted is a clear sign you've understood nothing of what I said, but rather mistake it as some kind of 'I'm better than everyone else' kind of thing, and that's okay too.

>>27133336
Interesting and difficult question. I'm also fairly tired right now, so I can't really think too deeply about it. But I personally formed my own mental construct a while ago in which we are not really 'alive' in a sense of being completely sovereign. Being completely sovereign would imply to be able to withstand the endless flow of energies without having the need to feed from it in order to prolong your existence, (in other words: not having to eat and drink) which is impossible.

Look at people who suffered brain damages in accidents. They lost what made them 'themselves' and reduces them to the basic functions of eating, shitting and sleeping. Same goes for mentally retarded children etc. I think this is a good example for our mind being a product of the world we live in. We just perceive ourselves as solo complex because of the problem solving abilities and emotional 'depth' we feel, but ultimately all of this is either embedded in our genetics and/or taught from other beings. A fully sovereign (alive) being would be without beginning or end, without birth or death, it would just 'be' eternally.

Hence I believe we don't exist at all but merely recognise the limited frame of our perception as 'life', if that makes sense. I'm sorry I can't express my idea so well in words. It's hard for me to mediate the thought, but I hope you get the idea.

An interesting theory to this would be: is 'death' (the state of 'non-consciousness') the natural state and 'life' the anomaly?
>>
>>27132559
>meaningful socialization
what is the that?
>>
>>27131541
>Want to be more independent, away from my autistic parents
>Talk to my therapist about jobs, he looks for whats available in my area, gets to the specifics, sends me links
>All I feel like doing is hiding in a corner and not wanting to commit
>>
>>27132695
>good friends
what are those?
>>
I'm
>>27133209
>>27133714

I think
>>27133613
>>27133664
>>27133703
is very good advice.

I just wanted to stress that my statements were not meant to be negative. (I imagine they must seem that way to you) but rather neutral. I think it's best to stay 'HERE' like the other anon said, but sometimes take a small time-out for yourself and wander off to re-evaluate yourself and your position in the 'HERE', in order to get a more objective view.

Anyway, hope everything goes well for you OP.
>>
>>27133209
>how you achieve happiness is up to you

Too late I've attempted suicide various times. I hate and this shit life I lead. Impossible to be happy for me friendo. Go fuck off. Constantly depressed no matter what I do. I can't escape it.
>>
>>27133714
>I see the antagonist notion in your post and that's okay. The green text you posted is a clear sign you've understood nothing of what I said, but rather mistake it as some kind of 'I'm better than everyone else' kind of thing, and that's okay too.

it's not a straight up i'm better kind of narcissism it's a i'm detached from other in a way that others can't or refuse to do and my way is right/best. Am i wrong? You might not directly think you are so much better but you see others as on a lower level and less valuable on your scale that you judge things on.
>>
Nurture yourself.

Love who you are, where you are and the world. Make yourself feel good by nurturing yourself

For example now that your bedroom and your bed is a safe space where nothing can get to you and you are at peace.

Do this for all other activities. Love listening to your favorite songs and pieces of music

Love the food you eat. Love walking or driving through the city.

It's about creating distinctions between you and your surroundings and places and the environment and being comfortable with the feelings/sensations that come about navigating through them

When you think, just imagine yourself feeling that you are thinking. CALM IT DOWN. When it comes about imagine it form from the back of the head and calm and slow it down

Close your eyes. Focus on your breathe.

When you notice yourself thinking, say "thinking" in your head and go back to your breathe.

Gradually feel like places like your head or lower body in the stomach are opening up, like a bubble forming.

Later you can notice things in your environment like a bird singing or the smell of fresh air. Let it be and enjoy it for what it is. You will later feel merged with your environment right into the seat of your body.
>>
I get this shit because of alcohol withdrawals. Mind/body philosophy, qualia, shit like that got me started and I can feel alright as long as I'm drunk or have been sober for a long time. Anything that messes with my head like withdrawals, hangovers, even just tiredness, can make me feel really derealized. I almost feel as though other people aren't there but just extensions of me and it makes me feel trapped and lonely in my mind. The more I get to know someone, the more I feel like this.

I've been quitting alcohol for a week and I'm on my last day today. It's hitting me hard, but I know I'll be good within a week. Such a relief whenever I get there.

One of the best things for it is just to be distracted. Go to work, be busy, talk to people, play video games. Don't give yourself time to think about it, because that's the only thing which gives it power. It's kind of like tinnitus, in that if you don't think about it you don't hear it, but as soon as you read about it or remember, you begin hearing it again.

I'm glad I don't suffer depersonalization, which is probably because I'm going through some bad shit at the moment such that I spend a lot of time worrying about my problems and trying to fix them. It causes DR but lessens DP since I feel attached to this idea of myself and my life which I need to fix.

I also feel that stupid people have less of a problem with DP/DR since they don't have the ability, insight or wisdom to appreciate the philosophical concepts behind it. I'm not talking about people who haven't learned much, just people who don't have much analytical insight into how stuff works. People like us are constant analyzers, wonderers and overall worriers, which is what causes us to wonder what the fuck it even means to see the colour blue.
>>
This is why some of us are unable to defeat or even live with depression

After 13 and I got a decent science class and it were all down hill from there. I realized I'm insignificant trash pushed forward by impulses just like the bugs I step on. I lost my desire for everything I even quit trying to help random people.

This ptsd makes everything much more shit.

Of all the possible outcomes the universe could have created it made this one. I want to fucking cease existence but I can't kill myself. I think it's pride and sympathy keeping me on but I'm not sure yet.

FUCK
>>
>>27133905
Woah..

I like everything about this post. Wish I could could properly convey into words how i feel right now.

Are there any books you recommend reading to reach that state of HERE and to calm the overbearing thinking we humans often unintentionally do?
>>
>>27133955
It's a normal thing even if you don't drink. You are never fully focused, sometimes you are barely concious or just a little dizzy. The concept comes from when people are traumatized the brain copes by pretending it's not happening or happened. But now everybody who gets dizzy says they have a disorder.
>>
>>27133985
PTSD from what if you don't mind sharing?
>>
>>27134015
Just write these points down in your journal in your own words.

Then try to feel them and doing it in your own way. Feels anon.

Just insight and awareness.

If you want help, I suggest therapy. Specifically Mindfullness. I think there are specific ones for DP/DR
>>
>>27133955
Same guy

One of the worst things for me is that it fucks with my enjoyment of simple pleasures. My ability to enjoy food or sex diminishes because I can't comprehend the intrinsic nature of the feeling of sexual pleasure or the taste of food, or what pleasure even really is. The annoying thing is it doesn't fuck with my emotional or physical pain, which I still feel.

It also stops me from enjoying more complex things I used to enjoy. I used to enjoy watching wrestling a lot (pls no bully) but such a complex and weird cultural construct just seems beyond me. What are they doing? Why are they doing it? What does it even mean when this guy hates this guy and wants a wrestling match to earn a belt? Why is it important?

Anyway, sorry for my incoherent rant. I'm feeling shitty and I'm due my second to last drink and just wanted to share some thoughts with you guys since nobody I meet IRL ever seems to get it. Thanks for momentarily triggering my DR guys. I'll get over it.
>>
>>27134049
and meditation.

Do 30 seconds a day.

Then do 2 minutes, 5 minutes...30 minutes.

You are in the negative. Think about it.

Buddhist monks are on the other end, mediation for weeks/years in caves and mountains without sleep without any human soul miles and miles away

Just take it easy, and slowly. Baby steps anon
>>
>>27133876
No. Like I said, you've mistaken the message I was trying to convey. My guess is maybe you are taking it as some king of offence to your own self? Perhaps an insult to your intelligence because you think I'm trying to elevate myself from others because of supposed intelligence or something?

I'm aware this might possibly trigger you even more, but again: you've understood nothing of what I said, and that's okay.
>>
>>27133905
>When you notice yourself thinking, say "thinking" in your head and go back to your breathe.
I'm OP and I practice mindfulness everyday; I have purely obsessional OCD. Yet when I find myself in a derealized swing it's hard to fucking get out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironic_process_theory
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7lyUS02oFU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9GYzeW4RuM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdb1jSFw12E

My advice:
Start off by this. Just randomly watch things like yoga stuff. Buddhist, taichi whatever. Always push yourself in a positive direction. Feel like you are always improving day by day and learn something new every day, just little bits every day..By a year or two, you will master awareness by watching random youtube videos, buying books from amazon and reading random articles. Good luck. Always remember to think you are progressing/healing, but don't push yourself
>>
>>27133985
Imagine your walking down the street and find a snack cake of some sort in a wrapping that's completely good and sanitary. You have two opinions because you only found this snack cake and didn't earn it you could leave it and continue going on with your life. Or you can eat the snack cake because it makes you happy.

The tricky part is that not only does the second scenario make you happy but it also stops you from being unhappy for deciding to take the first scenario since you could go home a feel the desire for a snack cake and be unhappy you didn't it eat it then.

You can see where i'm going with this, the world is null there's no higher power or meaning but there's no reason no to just try as if there was. And by doing so you are able to experience it as it should be because you are in a state unable to see the world as it could be seen.

If i'm not wrong you're still in high school a teenager, high school is the worst in every way especially if you were like me and didn't know how to do things. And i don't just mean like independent i mean like my parent's were physiologically abusive and until i got to college i was unable to do things i can do now. I wasn't able to beat depression when i was in highschool but maybe you can try new things , switch up your routine, find someone who will listen and tell them.
>>
>>27134239
It's not the thought/idea/concept, it's the feels. You realize that as you make these distinctions, emotions/sensations and thoughts are separate.

Putting yourself in action, doing something is also a good way to get yourself out of your head. Don't think about mindfulness, practice it.
>>
>>27134341
Be simple and have a "feels good man" attitude towards everything. It really does "feel good," everthing
>>
>>27134296
forgot to add: treat your life like that gift that you found on the side of the road. You do yourself a disservice by not trying to get something out of it.

>>27134174
>Perhaps an insult to your intelligence
>possibly trigger
No me saying you are something negative doesn't mean i'm mad it means i believe you are that. Also your use of ad hominem is pretty weak. So what am i wrong about you believe yourself to taken on a perspective of life that has given you a greater mental level. This mental level includes being above "basic needs and desires" and the ability to see the way to live is:
>to contribute positively to the society of the humans (even though they're weak, stupid and egocentric) and try to cause the least pain to all living things.
what am i missing?
>>
>>27134511
>>27134511
>No me saying you are something negative doesn't mean i'm mad it means i believe you are that
Yes, I have already said:
>>27133800
>I just wanted to stress that my statements were not meant to be negative.

>So what am i wrong about you believe yourself to taken on a perspective of life that has given you a greater mental level.
Again: No.

But the point is: even if so, what does it matter to you? why does it phase you so much? do you believe that there aren't endless supplies of people out there who believe to be 'better than you' in some way? And didn't say the exact thing before, of you believing my statements were meant to be some 'better than you' type thing?

>what am i missing?
I can't tell you that. I wouldn't know how to express my mental constructs to you any other way than I already id. Perhaps it would help if I express a message of solidarity to you by saying we're equals? Despite your denial, I still suspect you feel offended because of aforementioned reasons.

Why do you think I'm here on this board? Why am I trying to talk to OP in this specific thread? Because I'm also trying to make sense of depression and detachment, same as him. Granted I may be in a state farther away from OPs plane of mentality, but that does neither elevate nor downgrade any of my mental capabilities, but is rather a different perception that might eventually come to OP if he continues this road. For some reason you seem to think that my state is somehow 'better' than him for being more analytic to a point where I can't recognise my mental self as 'human' at times?

I guess the 'weak & stupid' part has gotten you, right? It is true though. Humans are, in their very own way, the weakest form in this reality, exactly because we perceive ourselves as sovereign beings and delve so deep into our supposed 'mental capabilities', our own self, that we continue to lose our views on the actual world around us, which ultimately enables us to become 'humans'.
>>
>>27131541
marijuana tb H fahm
>>
>>27134883
for one you're trying to convince someone who's depressed to not get help and instead tell themselves it's normal and/or higher intelligence.

>do you believe that there aren't endless supplies of people out there who believe to be 'better than you' in some way?
You rationalize your flawed way of thinking with the idea that other people do it too despite seeing yourself as detached from others? I don't get it. And no there are other narcissists out there but it doesn't excuse you from being one.

>Weak and stupid:
yeah we're pretty shit but i can take that the world is probably meaningless that there's probably not a higher power and still see the virtues of living life. You putting an opinion on this board should not be surprised when it's criticized especially when you were giving a suggestion you don't fully believe OP should follow since you haven't fully figured it out yourself seemingly.

The thing is that we have similar world view you just have a shitty way of putting in the real world. see my write up on why i don't find my life as not worth living for that other dude >>27134296
>>
>>27134883
(cont...)

>>27134511
My own conceptions that resulted from my detachment don't have to be congruent with yours or OPs, but I have witnessed enough people ending up where I am and I think most people would classify it as a highly unpleasant state. That is why I wanted to bring OP some insight on my views. Yet, for some reason, this has terribly triggered you to a point where I have to justify them. I also told you repeatedly that I do not see myself any 'better' than others, but rather 'mentally independent' if you will, or 'detached'. Yet you hang yourself on the 'weak & stupid' part and yes, I feel like I have lost a bog portion of made me too 'weak & stupid', but that doesn't equal me being 'better' than anyone else. Villains in 80s action movies are also 'strong & intelligent', but does that make them 'better' than anyone else?

The very fact that you insist so obsessively on me getting into some kind of supposed 'higher state' and looking down on others is very clear sign that you are far from the state I was trying to describe, because there simply is no 'better', 'superior' or 'inferior'.

We are just variations of energy forms with a limited frame of perception on the plane we are on temporarily. The width and obstruction of that frame just varies, but it never changes the plane. None of us can change the plane, and that is why there is no 'superior/inferior'. However I do believe (exactly as I said to OP before) that it is good to sometimes deliberately try to distance yourself from the 'HERE' in order to re-evaluate the relationship between the 'HERE' and the 'ME', which is also what I would suggest to you.

I'm not sure if I made my point clearer to you now. I'm aware it is difficult to grasp and near impossible to express with words, but I just want you to let go of these negative feelings you seem to have towards me.
>>
>>27131541
i feel no emotion towards most humans. i dont miss my parents after not seeing for a while, i dont miss human company.
>tfw youre a lifeless husk drifting throught the pain known as existence
>>
>>27135220
>Yet you hang yourself on the 'weak & stupid'
had yet to mention it until >>27135209

>The very fact that you insist so obsessively on me getting into some kind of supposed 'higher state' and looking down on others is very clear sign that you are far from the state I was trying to describe, because there simply is no 'better', 'superior' or 'inferior'.
oh god this mentality, i have the idea that there's no better or worse so when i judge things as better or worse and clearly not follow my idea i just ignore it. Just because you say you don't believe that doesn't mean you clearly describing things as lesser like:
>I find it strange sometimes to see people beating each other up in rage, kiss passionately in embrace or feed their children, same as hikkis hiding in their room. I feel like a computer with a broken operating system in a world of machines that don't realise they're machines.

You aren't deep dude
>>
File: 1455144340805.jpg (94 KB, 465x600) Image search: [Google]
1455144340805.jpg
94 KB, 465x600
>>27133209
Im in a same boat as you except I think there is no point even in trying to be happy as its just physiological reaction same as depression. It does not matter if you lived happy or sad in the end. This information make me destroyed and detached but I cant just delude myself into something if I know its not more probable.

In essence I still havent found anything worth it and as I got through some philosophers I probably will never find any.

You are right that you shouldnt write something like this here. Its not compatible with this board much.
>>
Thanks for the post, i thought i was all alone
>>
>>27135209
>you're trying to convince someone who's depressed to not get help
I never said anything about getting help.

>tell themselves it's normal
Normal in terms of particular detachment, yes.

>higher intelligence
Again, I never said anything about higher intelligence.

>you haven't fully figured it out yourself seemingly
Yes, exactly that. Because we are by definition unable to 'figure it out'.

>yeah we're pretty shit
Not in my view. See... again, you mistake 'weakness' and 'stupidity' (I admit the term was perhaps badly chosen) with being good/evil/better/worse. These things only exist within our frame of perception, and humans are weak because we DO possess this particular frame but chose to use/abuse it in incredibly egocentric ways. At least that is what my worldly frame perceives it to be, which again can be flawed, because I'm also unable to grasp everything.

>we have similar world view you just have a shitty way of putting in the real world
Again, there is no 'shitty' way in my view, and that is what you don't seem to understand. You apparently don't understand the state of being truly detached to a point where you're losing comprehension of human emotions because you seem to think it is something 'magical' or 'shamanic' that somehow 'enlightens' you or elevates you to a higher plane, but it is merely just that: detachment. Which ultimately and inevitably leads to altering your views on humans, life and existence. And I already said that most humans would see this as a highly unpleasant, negative state (which you probably do as well), but I personally see it as just another plane of being with a certain grade of independence which can be used to the advantage of your worldly 'self'.

So yes, if you want to see it as 'higher intelligence' because of that aspect, feel free to do so. But I personally just see it as: Detachment.
>>
>>27135220
in order to actually not judge things you have two options accept every thing as right or accept everything as wrong.

Everything is right:
yin and yang:
Yin Yang is the concept of duality forming a whole. We encounter examples of Yin and Yang every day. As examples: night (Yin) and day (Yang), female (Yin) and male (Yang). Over thousands of years quite a bit has been sorted and grouped under various Yin Yang classification systems.

Everything is Wrong:
Buddism:
The Buddha did not preach either eternalism or nihilism. Instead, he taught the truth or the reality of conditioned existence. This was expressed in three characteristics:
1) Anicca The characteristic of impermanence; i.e. that all conditioned things are impermanent, and of the nature to arise and pass away. No conditioned thing has any permanent nature.
2) Dukkha The characteristic of unsatisfactoriness; i.e. that all conditioned things are unsatisfactory. This is because they are impermanent and do not last, put simply, conditioned things are imperfect.
3) Anatta The characteristic of non-self; i.e. that all conditioned things are without any permanent, independently existing self or entity.

Solopisim:
is the philosophical idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside of the mind. As a metaphysical position, solipsism goes further to the conclusion that the world and other minds do not exist.

im probably missing a few but yeah pick one
>>
File: 1456113415466.jpg (1 MB, 2643x1487) Image search: [Google]
1456113415466.jpg
1 MB, 2643x1487
>>27134047
Car accident

I didn't think it were too bad until recently I noticed my fucking legs go unresponsive and i freeze like a deer in headlights when near anything larger than an suv

I've also been self harming without even knowing. When I get in a vehicle I bite the skin between my thumb and finger and I pinch my legs until the skin goes numb. I can't sleep while in transit now either.

>>27134296
Anon I know exactly what you speak. I still avoid the snack and work for it to give my pointless life a bit of meaning.

I were suppose to graduate in 2012. Had the same parenting. I also have 6 siblings because she just needed to fill her own void with more kids. Schooling were shit too so we barely know anything about being an adult. I had to learn most life skills from friends.

I recently connected with my dad and he disowned me for being a virgin. I haven't spoken to him in a while now. My aunt is really the only one who helps me out. She's the one who got me some medical help.

I don't think any of us can beat depression anon. Once you make peace with feeling numb you've lost for good. Drugs can help but conning down from feeling happy is the fucking worst.

I'm going to kill myself some time after 2020. Only because We're finally getting the tech advancements I've only seen in my Chinese cartoons. I want to be around to see what becomes of prosthetics/Neuro tech and if clean energy ever makes it.
>>
>>27135528
>Yes, exactly that. Because we are by definition unable to 'figure it out'.
Changing goal posts i was talking about your desire to figure out more

I would define shit as weak and stupid, we were saying the same thing.

You apparently don't understand the state of being truly detached to a point where you're losing comprehension of human emotions
>Implying\
>and implying you do
For one you're getting defensive, criticizing me and caring about winning this argument proving you aren't wrong. >>27135549
the way i see things is that everything is right everything has it's place aka the yin yang philosophy (or at least try to) if i would have to guess im like 4 years ahead of where you are in terms of dealing with nihilism.

>but I personally see it as just another plane of being with a certain grade of independence which can be used to the advantage of your worldly 'self'.
You admitted you were depressed fuck out of here with this enlightened shit
>>
>>27135683
good luck with that shit, you're the only one who's going to be able to change your mind
>I'm going to kill myself some time after 2020.
Also don't forget Kanye West's going to be president
>>
>>27135783
Why would I change my mind? There's plenty of humans around to make more humans in my place.

>Kanye West is going to be president
Hopefully the stress of the job doesn't get to him and everyone gets a fur and big booty bitch as promised.
>>
>>27135953
i don't know humans and depression is weird

it would truly be a time of enlightenment
>>
>>27135727
>i was talking about your desire to figure out more
Well, I'm not sure I understood correctly this time either, but isn't the 'figuring out'-part the essence of this temporary state? At least for me it is, or rather "has become". I like the way of deliberately detaching my mind and getting back in touch with the worldly 'me' and learn new perspectives and connections. It's pretty much the only thing I have left at this point.

>and implying you do
No, I don't. Exactly that was what I was trying to convey to OP. It is impossible for us to leave this plane within the 'living' world, and thus we cannot detach ourselves from emotion. However... we can very well lose the inner connection to it. Ex.: There are children being raised as child soldiers, conditioned to have no compassion to other people's lives. For them, the state of 'not feeling compassion' to a certain human formation is part of their 'reality', although they still understand the underlying concept of it. In the same way you can become desensitised to the concepts of family, partnership, rivalry, war etc. I think you will agree with me on this. And this exact notion is what I personally fear. I realised I'm becoming emotionally detached from my parents, losing the desire for being in a relationship and to raise children, I'm no longer hating people who do me wrong, I have no desire for revenge. I'm currently torn, switching in and out of these concepts. I try to hold on to my human self, but it gets harder with time and I'm at a point rationalising whether it might be more contributive to the greater picture to keep or neglect them.

>>27135727
>For one you're getting defensive, criticizing me and caring about winning this argument proving you aren't wrong.
I'm not being defensive, nor do I aim at 'winning' anything here. I am merely trying to convey peace to your mind, because I don't want you to draw negativity from my statements.

>>27135549 is not me.
>>
>>27136017
Indeed. Were all depressed for a many different reasons.

I don't think I'll change my mind because i don't want too. If I do I'll be in the same cliche position like most other people. The res only 2 routes to chose from and I'm not letting nature take the wheel

I know another person who's stuck with the same thoughts as me. She decided to give in and start a family because she can't find the will to end herself.

Goodnight anon. I need to go and visit my grandma
>>
File: 1455436539654.jpg (15 KB, 466x349) Image search: [Google]
1455436539654.jpg
15 KB, 466x349
>>27136092
(cont....)

>>27135727
>You admitted you were depressed fuck out of here with this enlightened shit
Again, please tell me why you are so enraged over this conversation?

Yes, I said I was depressed and I probably am still, but I never claimed to be 'enlightened' or anything. However you prove my point over and over again of YOU not understanding my message. I'm sorry, but I just don't know how to explain it to you any other way. It is probably my fault for not being able to articulate myself.

Though part of this miscommunication is also me being unable to understand what triggers you. Just to let you know, detachment has lead to a 'betterment' of my depression if you will, since I lost the attachment to negative feelings that resulted from my wordily self's situation. That is also why I recommended to OP it's good to sometimes take a time-out from it to see your life from a different, hopefully more objective view. And that is also why I said that the state of detachment is not necessarily a bad thing, but rather just a different state that may or may not become 'normal' to him one day.

Pheeeew.... this is getting really exhausting and I have stuff to do, so I would appreciate closing this on a good note: No, I don't see myself as enlightened. No, I don't think you are inferior to me or me being better than anyone else. I just think I have a vastly different view on most things, which is neither a good nor bad thing.

Peace to you man.

>>27135549
I found this very interesting. I wanted to read into buddhism for a while but never got around to it. Thanks and peace to you too.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.