[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will joining the military make me a normie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: pepe military.jpg (96 KB, 500x685) Image search: [Google]
pepe military.jpg
96 KB, 500x685
Will joining the military make me a normie
>>
Definitely not, in a way it's the most beta thing you could possibly do, if you're doing it for the same reason most people do it. (because it's the only reliable way you can think of to get cash)

If you're doing it to protect your country, though, then yeah, it's the most normie gesture of all - defending a shitty government because you think it will somehow make some random people you've never even met safer.
>>
Don't do it: after you get out (if you survive you'll) still be an outcast and you'll become another homeless vet.
>>
>>27129058
Not at all. Getting paid to murder people is a pretty robotic thing to do

It might make you more Chad-like tho
>>
>>27129126
Can someone tell me how the fuck you can become homeless if you work in the force for years, accumulating a wealth that you hardly need to spend on food, housing, clothes, etc because the army gives it to you? Anyone?
Do you just gamble it all away? Do these people not use banks?
>>
>>27129058
Only if you talk to other people while serving.
>>
Is don't ask don't still a thing? Can I go through basic training to lose some weight and maybe get some discipline and then just tell them I'm a fag and go home?
>>
>>27129168
Nope, that doesn't work anymore. You could just start completely disobeying your superiors, though, and they might send you back.
>>
File: pepe44.jpg (10 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
pepe44.jpg
10 KB, 234x250
You should join the navy and get into the submarine service. Its the closest thing to actually serving on a starship you could possibly do. I was in the service for six years and it was pretty great. I'm a neet now though. Probably should've stayed in.
>>
>>27129126
Is this a meme or will this actually happen
>>
>>27129150
There is a large number of vets who never knew money management as they came from an impoverished background. Coupling that with addictions formed from PTSD self-medication and a general antisocial attitude formed after interacting with civilians post-wartime is a one way ticket to squalor. Also the majority of military positions don't pay comparatively well.
>>
>>27129192
Jesus Christ... When you put it like that it actually kinda sounds awesome. But is it true you can barely talk while in a sub? Or is that only when your in enemy territory?
>>
>>27129295
That is just a thing done to avoid detection, when going undercover behind enemy lines. So, guessing it will be done as practice and shit in maneouvres, it should be 1% of the time.
>>
>tfw you couldn't join the military even if you wanted to because you've taken psychiatric drugs and you have gastrointestinal health issues
>>
>>27129250
I see. Well, even if they don't pay well, it seems to me a lucrative work force. The army feeds, clothes and houses you, so all you have to spend money on is specialized gear, candy, presents for home.
Makes me sad that vets end up in shitty situations tbf.
>>
>>27129438
That much is definitely true. The sad fact is that the majority population looks down on the armed forces, as reflected by r9k. People usually think that you sign up for some self righteous nationalist reason, when in reality you only sign up because you want to put food on the table and you think you've run out of options. If nothing else, you will learn a strict sense of discipline and ethic that can carry over to other fields, provided you don't get fucked over by mental health beforehand
>>
Almost guarantee it won't.

The miltary pretends its full of chad thundercocks, and good ol' boys, but those people are actually the minority.

Most people are losers who've realised they've got nowhere to go and can't stomach the thought of flipping burgers for rest of their lives.

Society doesnt send its bravest and best to war - that would be retarded. It sends its dregs. Disposable beta males.

They pretend the trauma of seeing and committing violence is what makes discharged soldiers have so much trouble 're-adjusting to civillian life', but that's a lie. The reality is that they were never compatible with civillian life in the first place.

source: I have friends in both the US and British militaries and they're all robot as fuck.
>>
>>27129621
Honestly you put it very harshly but I think you're right on some level. It takes a certain type of person to commit carnal acts, but I wouldn't totally agree that they don't fit into society as a whole. We see their kind in positions of management all the time.
>>
>risking your life for the government
>in return your own fucking government will treat you like shit
TOP C U C K

If WW3 happens during my lifetime I'm going to move to Canada and all stupid normies can kill each other. I'll get a comfy cabin and watch the nuclear apocalypse from afar using a telescope.
>>
>>27129192
how safe are submarines. I always imagine myself dying in some freak accident that you'd read in the news.
>>
>>27129789
Just watch one of the first 5 episodes of Black Lagoon
>>
>>27129672
>If WW3 happens during my lifetime I'm going to move to Canada
You'll probably be safer in Mexico or some other country nobody cares about.
>>
>>27129897
Are you seriously that blown out as a Canuck? Your people speak french for fuck sake
>>
>>27129789

99,9% safe, but accidents happen
>>
>>27130014
I've never been to Canada actually, but that's where literally everybody in America is going to go if things go to shit. Do you really think you're the only one who has that plan ?
>>
File: bamboospear.jpg (67 KB, 382x500) Image search: [Google]
bamboospear.jpg
67 KB, 382x500
for me it was a sidegrade. became normie in some ways, robot in others

it remains to be seen if it was an improvement.

>>27129621
is more right than he knows.
>>
>>27129058
depends

but most likely they'll turn you into an obedient pawn

don't become a martyr
>>
>>27129295
>>27129789
http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/confessions-of-a-u-s-navy-submarine-officer-1715113243

This should tell you most of what you want to know.
>>
>>27129058
dude if you feel out of options maybe just do some research and lock into something, whether its joining the army or whatever. I've had trouble with shit that takes away my chance at independently structuring my life, but if you're miserable and just fucking around, you could probably do a lot worse than joining the army
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.