[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people say to get a job so I won't be depressed and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1431741286598.jpg (70 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1431741286598.jpg
70 KB, 768x1024
>people say to get a job so I won't be depressed and I will have something to distract me
>end up being even more depressed

When will this meme end?
>>
>>27125772
Never ever anon
>>
>be relatively emotionally stable NEET
>man up, go back to school, study, workout, etc
>think about killing myself every few minute
>>
The same happened to me, Anon. I dropped out of school into a decent paying full time position thinking I wouldn't want to killing myself everyday.

All it did was make me wish for a life where I wasn't thinking about killing myself every minute.
>>
>>27125772
it's what work for them
remember that most people who said that grew up with a lot less entertainment and distractions then the current gen.
>>
>>27125900

Same here. It's getting to the point that it's really distracting to take notes or stay focused at work because literally every 5 minutes a little voice in my head says something like "The Crimean War? That's fascinating, kill yourself.".
>>
>>27125772
maybe when you start listening to yourself instead of other people
>>
>graduate with shitty bio major
>somehow land decent full time gig
>job involves working with people
>socially awkward
>can't make small talk
>can't talk on phone well
>out of all the people in the office only my boss likes me (I think)

every single day I wish I were dead
>>
>>27125772
Same happened to me. I think a job really only benefits you if you have an active social life or a woman to spend money on, otherwise it just makes you miserable. I'm living with my parents so it's even worse because it's not like I need to work to keep being supported, it just makes my life worse. The money is worthless because I'm so depressed that I do nothing and have no hobbies.
>>
>>27125772
Get friends and social bonds and that you CAN get in job so they are not 100 % wrong.
>>
>Just lift brah!
There's nothing wrong with it, but it's pretty monotonous, and didn't find it so uplifting like everyone else says. I don't get runner's high or anything like that.
>>
File: 1389593667871.png (311 KB, 483x557) Image search: [Google]
1389593667871.png
311 KB, 483x557
>they told me to get a job
>it'll make me more outgoing and social
>i'll make friends who will help me go places
>get a job
>people make fun of me for being so introverted and socially awkward
>work just makes me more antisocial because it's tiring to have to deal with people who hate me on a regular basis

Makes me wonder what the abnormals who aren't criminals do to thrive in this world.
>>
File: Jonah Hill true form.png (361 KB, 409x413) Image search: [Google]
Jonah Hill true form.png
361 KB, 409x413
>>27126278

>implying "abnormals" thrive when not pursuing criminal activities.

Either you're gifted, charming or both.

If you're neither, like most robots here, you do not do well in life. I thought everybody here knew that.
>>
>>27125772
I've never heard somebody advocating getting a job as a cure for depression.
>>
>>27126823
>I've never heard somebody advocating getting a job as a cure for depression.
First week here? Normalfags spew this shit all the time.
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 960x960
>be me. Working two jobs that I'm use to and don't have to socialize.
>get offer promotion that requires me to transfer to another city.
>60k salary
>away from my small circle of friends and mom.
>don't know if I should do it.
I already have a shitty social life as it is. What happen if my co-workers hate me just like everyone else. Probably would end up offing myself.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.