[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know this isn't /his/, but I just finished this podcast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
I know this isn't /his/, but I just finished this podcast and it was amazing.

i brought the subject here because I want you all to know how truly expendable men are.

At any time another world war could start, and our asses could be tossed out into a field to die.

As men, we are truly 100% expendable.

Unless your Chad....Chad doesn't go to war. He will stay and fuck the women you could never hook up with anyways.

Why is life so unfair?
>>
>>27124373
>expendable men
That's old news amigo.
>>
>>27124373
is pic the podcast's name?
I'm fresh out of podcasts to listen

also, life is unfair only for the people that follow the rules
little is known, there's one rule that override all the other rules
you know it. Don't get caught.
>>
>>27124373
Total war will never happen again tho.
>>
>>27124417
How do you define total war? Something like WWII?
>>
>>27124415
Blueprint for Armageddon. Their really long. Start with 1. I think there are 4 parts, but damn he makes it amazing and interesting.

>>27124417
You're most likely right anon. But if something ever crazy happens, me and you are worth nothing. We are just bodies to plug a hole. While women will stay at home getting the hole plugged by Chad
>>
File: Chateau_Wood_Ypres_1917.jpg (79 KB, 624x600) Image search: [Google]
Chateau_Wood_Ypres_1917.jpg
79 KB, 624x600
>>27124443
Actually 6 parts, my bad. They're all about 3 to 4 hours each.
>>
>>27124431
Total war is warfare that includes any and all civilian-associated resources and infrastructure as legitimate military targets, and typically involves the use of weapons and tactics that result in significant civilian or other non-combatant casualties, whether collateral damage or not. American-English Dictionary defines "total war" as "war that is unrestricted in terms of the weapons used, the territory or combatants involved, or the objectives pursued, especially one in which the laws of war are disregarded." The term can also be applied when the war effort requires significant sacrifices by most of the friendly civilian population.

I think what makes WW1 more interesting than WW!! was the fact that so many guys were purposely thrown out on the field to die. Listening to that podcast, there were many times that everyone knew what they were doing was hopeless, but chose to let the men die anyways.

WW2 wasn't really like that except for a few phases of the war. (Russians getting drilled by Germany) (Germany still fighting at the end

At least most of WW2, if something didn't work, they quit trying it.

So WW1 is the sum up of how expendable men are.
>>
>>27124417
go home Norman Angell
>>
>>27124547
It was the only way to "win" though.

If you lads wanna listen you better hurry. You usually have to pay $2 just to listen to the podcast.
>>
>>27124638
nah, this whole series was free
>>
>>27124373
>At any time another world war could start, and our asses could be tossed out into a field to die.

If another world war started, we'd all die thanks to nuclear weapons.
>>
>>27124657
Most of us would live long enough to be herded into 'safe zones' by our militarized police where we'd probably be forced into labor to support whatever war effort the country could muster.

The other possibilities are starve, freeze, die of poisonous water or radiation sickness.

Nuclear weapons are not 'oh no the world is blown up' nor is nuclear strategy to hit as many population centers as possible. It's a delicate balance that prioritizes the target's Military, Political & industrial nerve centers. In projected scenarios a substantial majority of civilians would be left alive after a full exchange (though vulnerable due to a pretty devastating collapse in basic goods & services).
>>
>>27124373
I this a WW1 feels thread, is that how I read this?

>Stephan Molyneux weeps openly like a literal female, if you can believe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ8Sj9FFmRc

>Great Channel for WW1 buffs:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGreatWar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvVh-DVhroQ

>Gents, may I interest any of you in some Shell Shock on this fine Sunday morning?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faM42KMeB5Q

>Any of you little scamps like CARTOONS?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4QnF0cIRw0

>Thread Theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c20-fm_WNew

C'mon History bros. let's remind these fucking plebs why WW1 is the only war worth studying . . .
>>
File: ww1.jpg (118 KB, 976x576) Image search: [Google]
ww1.jpg
118 KB, 976x576
>>27125084
>Sometimes men blinded by the gas would recover their eyesight.

>Sometimes not.
>>
Dan Carlin really needs to buck up his fucking ideas. 9 fucking months? Jesus christ what does he do all day
>>
>>27125170
*5 months

I blasted through all the Hardcore Historys in about 2 months and now I've got nothing, fuuuuuck
>>
File: ArnoldBennettColliersWeekly.jpg (51 KB, 450x432) Image search: [Google]
ArnoldBennettColliersWeekly.jpg
51 KB, 450x432
>>27125159
>The White Feather
>>
>>27125084
>Stephan Molyneux weeps openly like a literal female, if you can believe
I can believe it. He's a libertarian fucking pussy.
>>
>>27125170
he's getting to elaborate

i hated his ww1 podcast. too long and too packed with information. each episode was 3+ hours long, it's just too much. he needs to edit himself down.

he peaked at ghosts of the ostfront
>>
File: Cowards.jpg (27 KB, 359x204) Image search: [Google]
Cowards.jpg
27 KB, 359x204
>>27125256
>Haig the Butcher
>>
>>27124373
>Unless your Chad....Chad doesn't go to war. He will stay and fuck the women you could never hook up with anyways.

Chad Jody
>>
>>27125287

he makes nothing but videos about how muslims have low IQs and are trying to destroy the west now adays lmao
>>
>>27125300
I'd rather he dump loads of stuff on us than just skip over the details. I'm just impatient and I want him to put more stuff out
>>
>>27125354
Why's he saying that? Just because it's true?
>>
>>27125385
well that seems to be the way he's going, just pumping out information. personally i think he's at his best when his episodes were no longer than 1-1.5 hours. his rome podcasts were good for this. then at the end he did like a 5 hour long last episode for all the late republic caesar/pompei stuff.
>>
File: iabt.png (226 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
iabt.png
226 KB, 500x333
>>27125385
>MFW it's back to the Ancient world
>A multi-part look at Alexander the Great
>>
dan carlin should do a multi part series on the vietnam war

the background context alone would take up an entire episode to understand why the fuck we got involved in it
>>
>>27125491
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7CmBN741Vw
>>
>>27125565
RELEASE THE NEXT PART YOU, LAZY, ELOQUENT MAN.
I've already read Herodotus in the time since the first episode, I need to know what comes next.
>>
>>27125687
the only place left to go seems to be the persian/greek wars. he's probably not going to get into them, he's already done podcasts on them.
>>
File: 000022.jpg (380 KB, 800x1046) Image search: [Google]
000022.jpg
380 KB, 800x1046
>>27125709
You literally can go to fucking hell, shitter.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.