[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Meet up with anime hating friend after long vacation >He
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
>Meet up with anime hating friend after long vacation
>He casually mentions that we watched and enjoyed Akira
>Mention Ghost in the Shell, he likes it
>He's currently watching Tokyo Ghoul, and he just asked for a copy of NGE
>He sent that one smug asuka face to me a few days ago

Just to clarify, he hated anime for the whole first year that I met him, and then after 5 weeks he's openly watching it.

What should I recommend to him, /r9k/? He still hates overly cute stuff, so no Moe blobs just yet.

Also yes I did just copy this entire post from /a/ after someone told me to post here instead.
>>
>>27123053
If he's never watched anime, run him through the basic shonen jump shit. Can't go wrong with dbz, yuyu hakusho, etc
>>
>>27123053
One Punch Man is a fun one. Blue exorcist. SAO. Most of the Miyazaki movies are good.
>>
File: Daily_Lives_of_High_School_Boys.jpg (139 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Daily_Lives_of_High_School_Boys.jpg
139 KB, 1280x720
>>27123053
>No moe blobs
Daily live of highschool boys is a good gateway to blobs.
>>
>>27123086
Solid idea, thanks.

>>27123102
I actually forgot to mention that he's watching OPM. I'll show him Blue Exorcist and Ghibli. Also >SAO

>>27123105
Good idea, seems like his style of humor.
>>
>>27123125
Oh and Berserk. You know because manly gore fest.
>>
>>27123053
Force him to watch the single greatest Japanese animation created in our time.
Chunibyo demo koi ga shitai.
>>
Obligatory JoJo and Berserk
oh and Welcome to the NHK
>>
>>27123171
Anime, Movies, or Manga?

Honestly I couldn't stand the Anime because of how many times it went into fucking powerpoint presentation animation mode so I never finished it, but the movies cut a lot of stuff and look bad. :/

>>27123180
>Chunibyo demo koi ga shitai
>Nothing happens, the anime

>>27123188
Solid recommendations, thanks. I have no idea how I forgot about JoJo.
>>
>>27123200
Berserk Golden age arc. looks better than the old one, and they're still making them. Manga is superior, 350+ chapters, and they're still making them.
>>
File: image.png (301 KB, 1100x980) Image search: [Google]
image.png
301 KB, 1100x980
>>27123171
Only good way to ingest berserk is reading it tbhwyf
>>
>>27123269
I agree, my biggest complaint with the anime is that they didn't just follow the manga.

>>27123200
oh also Parasyte the maxim
>>
>>27123288
The anime was made in 95
It followed what the manga was up to at that point didn't it?
>>
>>27123053
berserk
any edgy shit out there
>>
Reminds me of one of my closest friends, who used to hate every and all anime for years. Then just a couple of years ago, he got gate'd after watching a certain series I introduced him into. That anime, my friends, was Girls und Panzer

But yeah, recommend anything from current top-10 and season hot topics. Also, Death Parade.
>>
Psycho-Pass, KilllaKill and Gurren Laggan are all pretty entry level besides shonen like this anon suggested >>27123086
>>
>>27123795
Don't forget Hajime no Ippo.
>>
>>27123722
he must READ if he watches that
>>
>>27123269
>Reading it
Only if I can listen to this while I do so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n55QVlBoDxI
>>
>>27123269
I think that author got bored with Berserk. Practically plot leads no where. TIme between chapters is extremely long.
>>
>>27123992
You can listen to basically anything by this band since the majority of their songs are literally about berserk, especially their new album
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0mF3HM2F738
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.