[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OKC experiences
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (266 KB, 980x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266 KB, 980x650
Ok I'll keep it simple. I know some robots have used okcupid, with some success. My question for those of you that it worked out for is, did match percentage actually mean anything? Rare Eliot for replies.
>>
>>27122338

I keep thinking this means "OK Computer"
>>
Was a disaster for me. Any robot who claims success are obviously Chads or /soc/fags.
>>
>>27122373
It's completely based on luck desu
>>
I got messaged by a fat girl once but I ain't about that.

I don't know how anybody has success.
>>
Screw everything else ITT but that Elliot is nice.
>>
Had a match over 90%.
Been with her for 2 years now and we're planning to go all the way.
>>
>>27122496
Agreed, its the only reason I opened the thread.
>>
>mfw made a formspring account about 3 years ago for the fun of answering weird questions, discussing etc.
>recently they merged with Twoo, a dating site and all accounts automatically crossed over
>mfw since then, a few months ago, I've got about 35 'Such and such likes you and wants to talk.'
>mfw most of them are at least 7/10
>mfw a few sexy bitches
>mfw haven't replied to any (yet?)

Might get a Tinder desu and get a few easy lays.

Pic related liked me today, she's 28 though and I'm 22 but I'm good looking and have 6'2 as my height (which is true).

There have been one or two banging looking girls and I've seen a bot or two but they are obvious accounts.
>>
I've used online dating on and off.

A few observations:

- Response rate varies from guy to guy but for most it's quite bad. I used to average like 1 responses for 10 messages in the smallish city I grew up in; here in Toronto I seem to be averaging more like 1 in 15 or 20.

- I have gone on maybe 20 dates from online. Most of the girls were fat, I did manage to get a date with one hot girl surprisingly, but keep in mind, that is literally one girl out of several years using online dating sites.

- I dated one chick for 8 months from online dating. She was like a 5.

- Copy and paste messages reduce your response rate. Unique messages get a higher response rate but are time-consuming. I would generally send unique messages to girls who you are really interested in, while doing copy and paste campaigns to the ones who are 'meh.'

- There are differences from site to site. OKC is mostly educated SJWs, it's almost like the dating wing of Tumblr. POF is mostly working class people. Tinder has the hottest girls but the lowest response rate if you're not hot yourself--Tinder is more or less pointless if you're not great looking.

- If you really, really, really want a long term relationships, you might want to consider using a paid site. I used Lavalife for like a month and I recall the response rate being way higher than on the free sites, but I gave it up because there were like maybe 50 women on it in my hometown. Now that I'm in a big city I might look into that again.
>>
Been on okc and pof for years. OKc is terrible now, is actually started to show men's profiles as "single straight woman". I've had one date from pof and got the girls number then she spontaneously stopped replying to me at all from any communication. Not a great loss desu. Usually send messages for a few days then they just stop dead. If you get a few replies push to meet quickly otherwise the other 500 dudes constantly messaging her will drown you out.
>>
>>27122338
I sorted by match percentage and messaged a girl with 97%. She was the only girl I ever met up with from that website and we've been dating for 3 years. It probably isn't a guarantee but it sure helps. Probably gonna get married in the next few years.

Btw if you want a nicer version of tinder, try coffeemeetsbagel, i heard it's a lot friendlier.
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-13+at+10.37.59).png (33 KB, 972x830) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-13+at+10.37.59).png
33 KB, 972x830
Before you need to know anything I'm Male and no I'm not a chad.

Been using OKC for roughly a week now, pic related are the total number of likes, match with at least 7-16 people a day, yada yada.

To answer your question in my experience, no. I've had better luck talking to people who are 50% and below than 50% and above (I've answered like 500 questions or something.)
>>
>>27123111
i got literally 0 matches with this.
>>27123481
>hurdurr i'm not chad
320 is as much as most girls get...
>>
>>27123481
part of me thinks those are fake

I have a fake profile with a photo of handsome squidward and it has dozens of likes.
>>
I dont even have a picture and I have over 400 likes
>>
File: 1312.jpg (295 KB, 853x753) Image search: [Google]
1312.jpg
295 KB, 853x753
>>27123517
Just click like on everyone in quickmatch, if someone you're not interested in matches with you / messages you just delete 'em
>>27123539
If you say so, I get a bunch of messages from people but I end up deleting 90% of them unless I think the person is good looking.
>>
Ive had zero success with okc, but actually decent success with fetlife
>>
>92 likes
>never reply to messages
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.