[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you have overprotective parents?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 1457513794238.jpg (175 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1457513794238.jpg
175 KB, 1280x720
Did you have overprotective parents?
>>
My dad kind of bribed me from a young age. He said he would buy me whatever I wanted if I just stayed home and focused on school and never ever dated a guy. Now as an adult he says he'll support me forever as long as I don't date anyone or just don't bring shame to him or the family in general. I just stay home and be NEET all day and spend time with my mom. My dad just doesn't want me with a guy for whatever reason but that's fine with me, I like my comfy life.
>>
>>27121192
I wish I had parents.
>>
>>27121359
He wants you for himself
>>
File: 1409953285863.jpg (48 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1409953285863.jpg
48 KB, 600x338
Yes.

Fuck them both for it, too. I'm 26 and I feel like I still need to ask them permission to do things, even though my mom has explicitly told me I don't.

I also want to add that I hate my father with pretty much my entire heart and fantasize about killing him every single day.
>>
>>27121192
My father was extremely overprotective. I never left the house unless it was with him, but he was still the best father that I could've had.
>>
>>27121359
What culture are you
>>
>>27121359
Dude,you need to get out there...life's a garden , dig it!!
>>
>>27121425
Why you Hate dad
>>
>Mother is a over protective busybody who searches through my shit
>forced to encrypt my drives because she got a friend to boot from a windows USB to search through my PC because I had a password on it
>Father is a control-freak
>He once called the bank to get my card cancelled on my account because of a fight we had
>mfw I got the call from the bank about it
>mfw I have no face
I really need to move out but housing prices in sydney is suicide.
>>
My parents were extremely overprotective.
>>
mom was, didn't see my dad much because divorce
>go see friend after school one day
>come home
>"ANON WHERE WERE YOU HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME I ALMOST CALLED THE POLICE etc."
>don't see friend anymore
>"anon why do I never see your friends?"
>>
File: 1413316455103.jpg (154 KB, 661x786) Image search: [Google]
1413316455103.jpg
154 KB, 661x786
>>27121472

Cause he's a lazy piece of shit that does nothing to help my mom. I also hate his personality beyond words.

I can't stand being in the same room as him for too long. I honestly want to kill him. I'm grateful to him for supporting me, and I know I shouldn't hate him as much as I do, but I do. I absolute despise him.
>>
>>27121359
How old are you? It's likely he'll arrange for you to marry someone one day, and it could very well be a dirty old man with good connections. Escape while you can
>>
Yes. As a result, now i'm very insecure, self conscious, and having very low self esteem.
>>
>>27121478
>He once called the bank to get my card cancelled on my account because of a fight we had
Are you underage?
>>
>>27121192

My mother wasnt even fucking protective it was rather that she seemed dedicated to torpedoing any hope I had of being a normie

>16, getting invited to parties of friends of friends who I didn't know
>"WHERE IS IT I WANT TO KNOW THERE WON'T BE DRINKING I WANT TO TALK TO THE PARENTS"
>every fucking time, end up saying no to all these parties because the one time I rebelled and just went to one the insane bitch tried to follow me in the car
>lose my normie and Chad friends by 18, descend into austimal nerd
>18-25 "anon why aren't you going out tonight with your friends?"

Tl;Dr whore mother destroyed any chance of being a popular person then fucking harangues me for not going out when I'm an adult because I don't fucking know how
>>
>>27121478

>parents control your bank account

Are you like 15 cunt? My parents didn't exercise any power over my bank accounts since fucking dollarmites
>>
File: 1409959413674.jpg (49 KB, 960x606) Image search: [Google]
1409959413674.jpg
49 KB, 960x606
>>27121884

This.

I remember being 16 and not knowing when I'd be home from a fucking concert I was going to with a fucking friend and his MOM.

And she's freaking out about not knowing when I get home.

Now I'm 26, live at home, a virgin, and still terrified of doing anything with anyone. I could've actually been social in HS properly if it wasn't for my fucking idiot parents placing pointless barriers on what I was doing.

Jesus fuck. I feel good about bleeding them now in my mid-twenties just for it.
>>
My was almost always at work and my mom was insanely lax. It was amazing as a kid, but I might have turned out better with more structure and shit. I got my own debit card at 15 or 16 and my mom put my name on her credit card at 17. She also had no qualms about buying me small amounts of cider and beer starting around 15, but it's not like she every bought me liquor. Oh and she put up with my doing drugs all the time.

I'm a terrible son. I hate myself. At least the dope is kicking in.
>>
>>27121946
My dad was almost always at work. Respectful sage.
>>
>>27121192
Yes, but things are getting better, i might go to work by myself next month
>>
>overbearing mum and asshole dad
>mfw they did everything to stop me from going out with friends
>ended up having to hang out with cousins(younger)
>highschool comes and I overcome the autism and make a friend
>actually have fun, get connected through to his friends
>they don't like me, but still hang
>friends birthday comes, and he invites me to a the party
>ask mum and dad to go
>"why do you want to go"
>because he's my friend
>and, focus on school, also don't you have cleaning to do your rooms a mess(it wasn't)
>clean the room
>Ask again
>they say yes but you have to come back early
>the day finally comes and friends mum picks us up
>driving to their house
>30 minutes into the party mum and dad knock on their door
>say I have to leave since they aren't going to be home, and someone has to stay with sister
>mates friends laugh and hes shocked
>get made fun of at school
>friend distances himself from me
>try to hang with cousins since they're related
>parents still overbearing and even call cousins criminals
>they too start being distant from me
>spend the rest of my teens playing vidya and 4chan
>do alright in school but just lose all motivation near the end
I honestly hate both of my parents, cant even look at them or respect them, worst part is that they ask me why im not outgoing and depressed looking
Strange part is that I have an older sister that they treat like a saint despite being a YOLO whore
>>
>>27121884
>17
>graduating high school
>people are starting to go to parties and shit
>"Anon, you should go to a party. You know, you can have friends over any time you want. You can throw a party, just don't go crazy overboard with the booze."
>don't have any friends to even try to party with

Not as bad as your situations, but it sucked.
>>
>>27121192
Yeah, still do sometimes (I'm a guy and in my late 20s).
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.