[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else regret the amount of life they've wasted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 12
File: Pepe-no-gf-tuesday.png (70 KB, 1147x609) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-no-gf-tuesday.png
70 KB, 1147x609
I'm almost 30 years old and if I was to die tomorrow, my obituary would be empty. I've never done anything noteworthy or have any achievements. I wish I picked up a hobby as a kid. Chess, Irish dancing, archery...fucking anything that I could practice and become good at. It would have helped me forge an identity for myself and become somebody.

Instead I've wasted my precious youth shitposting on a weeaboo imageboard. Feeling so down right now bros...
>>
if you don't like it leave
le originale
>>
>>27119912

You've completely missed my point. Even if I left 4chan tomorrow and never came back it wouldn't change a thing. I've still wasted my youth. Learn the meaning of the word "regret" you retard.
>>
>>27119883
Is pic related a reference to something? if so what?
>>
>>27119883
Go do something then, even if it is trading an hour of 4chan for an hour of reading or running. Something must be done.
>>
File: 65.jpg (20 KB, 431x406) Image search: [Google]
65.jpg
20 KB, 431x406
Yes, I'm 21 fucking years old nearly 22 and i started browsing in 2007 (usually /b/ and /v/). I used to make fun of old-fags back then saying to them get fucked you old creeps, get a girlfriend, you fucking loser etc..

I am that loser now.
>>
>>27119941
Xavier: Renegade Angel yo.
>>
>>27119949

Please see >>27119935
The damage has been done. Even if I become the most talented and sociable person tomorrow, I'll never get my youth back. I'm too old to become a gymnast and enter the Olympics. You gotta learn that shit while you're young.

This is a piece of advice for any Robots 15 and under: pick up a hobby NOW before it's too late. You can still become someone.
>>
>>27119883
but moot spent all his time on 4chan and now he works for jewgle, what's your excuse?
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 716x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 716x520
>you will never have kids
>you are the end of your family line
>you will never accomplish anything
>you will never even find a partner
>your dad keeps trying to push you to date, but he doesn't know
>he doesn't u sweat and that you do try, but that no one wants to date YOU
>ha talks about your future and you're future kids as if you have either
>he has hopes for you
>he gave life to you so you could go and live a better life than him
>but you can't do anything
>you'll just be a disappointment in the end
>>
>>27120083
>u sweat
Understand*
>>
>>27120046
He MADE 4chan, he did something productive.
>>
So Robots: if you died tomorrow, what would your obituary say?
>>
If i died tomorrow, i would be happy with all of the time i spent in my devotion to our lord and savior pepe the frog.
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
Oh yea! Was anyone here part of the Hitler Youth in their young age? Or was that just me?
>>
>>27120145
I am not like most here in that I did some pretty impressive things in my 20s and won a lot of accolades in school but also fell for the "smart but lazy" meme.

Now I work at a simple job and have very little money. I also have been fucking up my few remaining prospects from my old life.
>>
>>27120206
Did somebody say... MEME?
>>
>>27120024
You can lead the life you want with what you have available to you. Even if it means improving yourself in very simple ways. Doing small things changes your life. Wallowing does not. Life isn't done with you yet, so why should you be?
>>
>>27119977
Not really, you're still young as fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 500x375
>>27119883
No.

Anon get perspective.
You talk to people from all walks of life everyday on here.
And all very from funny Brits and Aussies, to insightful and interesting Europeans, to morose Russians, to unique Asians and South Americans, to Firearm expert Yankees all the way to some Africans first ever time on the Internet and he just happens to land on /pol/ first off.

You even talk to girls.

You're not wasting time if things are helping you learn and develop, to see the world through a wider lens.
I can guarantee you would feel a lot more lonely if you didn't know others out here like you exist and just how many of us there are.

Mainstream Internet will never be able to lock into what this site delivers, and you are philosophically richer for it whether you agree or not.
>>
File: disgusted-face-man.jpg (79 KB, 446x599) Image search: [Google]
disgusted-face-man.jpg
79 KB, 446x599
>>27120224
Young, but a school drop out and got no job. What the fuck do i have to shown for? That i won multiple arguments on a Taiwanese image-board? I bet my future employee will be so amazed I'll be the CEO.
>>
>>27120145
The butler did it
>>
Does it really make sense to spend time doing something in the present you don't enjoy, thinking you might be proud of it in the future? Just live in the moment OP. If there's anything you now have the urge to do, work towards it now and don't fret over not having done it earlier.

inb4 normalfag feelgood bullshit reeee, I'm just offering a positive way to shape your life.
>>
World of Warcraft was worse for me than 4chan tbqh. Tons of people have vices like that so don't let it get you down too much
>>
File: 1451361734328.jpg (74 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1451361734328.jpg
74 KB, 640x480
Holy shit, I just realized I'm about to turn fucking 24 in July. I think I'm about to have an anxiety attack. I still feel so far behind. All of my "friends" from high school have gotten married and had kids. I only have a college degree and a freelance job. Someone please help me.

I live in a fucking townhouse with my mom and dad for crying out loud
>>
>>27120382
man the fuck up and what you know is right. this is all on you
>>
>>27120420
This

Just bee urself bro.
>>
>>27120382
turning 24 this year have not done jack shit but play video games all day and lurk. it was worth it. theres nothing else i like more
>>
>>27120145
you're waifu a shit

fucking robot
>>
File: 1457229424850.jpg (75 KB, 620x548) Image search: [Google]
1457229424850.jpg
75 KB, 620x548
>>27119883
>Saturday is Tuesday
>>
>>27120382
Don't fall for the "don't live with your parents" meme. Find a job and keep working, all the money that you're going to save up will be worth being with your another 4-5 years.
>>
>>27120529
This desu
Even smart Chad's wont move out until 25 when they can buy 80% of a house immediately.
>>
>>27119883
Then stop posting here dummy, you want more ragret?
>>
>>27119883
No, because I'm smart enough to realize that if I didn't spend time on 4chan I'd have spent it on some other stupid shit instead. It doesn't matter, life's a waste either way.
>>
>>27120382
Don't fall for the get married and have kids meme.

I know you think it looks pretty great seeing all the cute/nice/fun stuff they post on facebook but they only post that stuff BECAUSE it looks cute/nice/fun.

The reality of marriage and kids is mundane, soul-crushing, freedom-restricting for almost everyone. Look at marriage satisfaction and divorce statistics. They're not good.

You're doing what most of those fuckers wished they could. Comfy job saving money with no responsibilities.

LITERALLY living the dream, anon.
>>
>>27120504
First I thought you had uploaded a picture of me, but then I realized it was Mr Diesel after google helped me. But then I read how much criticism he got for his belly in this photo, so now I can only eat carrots for nine months.
>>
Start today. Focus on something, keep at it.
10 years goes by and you're an expert.
>>
>>27120382

I'm 26, don't sweat it. Marriage isn't that important and very few people I know are getting married. Why? Because taking your time about getting to know someone beats divorcing them in 5, 10 years. And don't worry about the freelancing or living with parents either, unless it puts some other unlivable pressure on you nobody will care when you're in a solid career with your own home at 32.
>>
File: 420 blaze it kek.jpg (107 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
420 blaze it kek.jpg
107 KB, 800x800
>>27120145
Fuck bitches, get money, acquire weaponry, burn heretics.
>>
>>27120145
i got challenger in league
>>
>>27121637
idk mayn, went out to grab breakfast with my m8 the other day and the table next to us was a couple with their kid ( must have been about 5) and they looked like they had a life of direction and purpose compared to the two of us trying to recover from a hangover. We'd been drinking at home too so it's not like we'd been out living the Chad and Stacey dream in "da Klub"
>>
>>27120382
>only have a college degree and a freelance job

You're miles ahead of most of us, dude. I don't have either.
>>
Fuck no. I've learned useful shit, I've talked to more foreigners than most Chads and Stacies. You're part of a huge international community of rejects, opie.
>>
No. Honestly I wish I could spend MORE time here. Work sucks. I only feel like I truly live when I'm here on 4chan. Reality is fake.
>>
>>27119883
4chan saved my sanity
>>
>>27120382

I'm turning 24 in October, and I keep thinking that all my friends who went to college are about to start their final quarter of education ever (Except for the one who went to Medschool)

I've also almost been out of school as long as I was in, and it feels like nothing. High school felt like an entire lifetime and that was a lifetime ago.
>>
>>27122769
Of course some of them are happy. Having a chaste, good girl who genuinely loves you and having nice well behaved kids with her is the optimal way to be happy.

However, that fantasy happens for a small minority of those who get married.

I've seen friends and family fall for the married/kids meme and they just look like depressed zombies who have lots of regrets but they'll still post cute happy shit on memebook.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 960x640
>>27119883
You thought you could get a Xavier reference past me?

I always have some chief beef to queef
>>
>>27120382
Most of the people around me who spread this idiotic "getmarriedhavekids" meme are either
>idiots - no degree in anything, just primary school, generally stupid life decisions
>were raised in a highly religious family, hand the children when they were 18-20 because apparently being Christian means you don't know what "condom" means
>both of the above

Who gives a shit anyways? Earn some cash anon, and you will surpass them on every level, not to mention that your children will have a better future being raised in a family with a solid financial background
>>
>the amount of time you've spent on a anime imageboard you could have learned japanese
Kill me senpai
>>
Any elderly person would murder someone to have the time you would in your mid-twenties. Regardless of your actions, the past is the past. Live for the now and the future.
>>
File: 1452416131128.png (92 KB, 1281x758) Image search: [Google]
1452416131128.png
92 KB, 1281x758
>>27120382

I turn 26 in a week. I'm similar to you - all I have to show for my time on Earth is a college degree.

Feels bad watching all my friends become turbo normies. I see them less and less and when I do we don't have as much in common. They are getting married, thinking about having kids and earning promotions at real jobs while I'm foreveralone and barely make ends meet doing shit tier temp jobs. I talk about video games, they say they haven't played any vidya in years and start talking about shit like wine tastings and opera concerts.
>>
>>27122738
Fucking kek
If it's true we may have probably played together
>>
I'm 18 and have literally zero education

No friends
No future
Nothing

I may as well not exist, it would make no difference
>>
>>27124019
Fuck you. I'm gettign 22 this august and everybody around me in uni has multiple friends he can go to to chill and go out.

I'm always stuck with the same guy who takes me to his friends. Go to uni, be sociable and make a lot of friends and invite them to go hang out and you'll have the time of your life around my age.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.