[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a sociopath anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 14
File: tumblr_n0hem0MsEu1rmn0b3o1_500.jpg (126 KB, 496x748) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0hem0MsEu1rmn0b3o1_500.jpg
126 KB, 496x748
Ask a sociopath anything.
>>
>>27118223

How does it feel to be in denial of the fact that you're actually extremely fragile and insecure? The essence of being a 'competent' human being - what the image of a 'sociopath' as per the media that attracts you is, is recognising what you are and utilising the best of that. You're not.
>>
When did you realize you were different?
>>
File: 87.jpg (37 KB, 524x548) Image search: [Google]
87.jpg
37 KB, 524x548
Do you have the KNOWLEDGE?
>>
Why is there so much focus about sociopaths in the media these days? It's like the satanic panic of the 1980s but happening today
>>
File: 1446264090048.jpg (612 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446264090048.jpg
612 KB, 1920x1080
>>27118247
I don't feel fragile or insecure. I know my insecurities and obviously I don't display them but I am aware of them. Sociopaths can have some sort of mortality. Yes, the media paints one type of sociopath but there are many different types/kind.

>>27118264
Well, I became completely aware of it when a psychology major kept looking at me weirdly. Interacting with me in a strange way. Off handily mentioned it to me. I did my research and it basically we me to a T. I could get diagnosed but I just feel that in certain ways I do have the characteristics of a sociopath.

>>27118271
In complete bliss.

>>27118306
Dexter made it so.
>>
File: Demogorgon_-_Steve_Prescott.png (746 KB, 600x727) Image search: [Google]
Demogorgon_-_Steve_Prescott.png
746 KB, 600x727
>>27118223

How do you deal with boredom and meaninglessness?

Have you just resolved to dying with your boots on or do you have some medium-to-long term schemes going on?
>>
File: 1444182468563.jpg (788 KB, 1279x1919) Image search: [Google]
1444182468563.jpg
788 KB, 1279x1919
>>27118386
I've accepted boredom and meaninglessness. When I'm bored I'm bored. I feel as though the majority of my life is going to be boring and to not want to be bored would cause anxiety. As for meaninglessness, it probably hasn't hit me yet since I'm still relatively young
>>
I often fantasize about torturing people like you.
>>
Have you ever met another person like you and if so, how did you figure them out?

Also, how capable are you at determine someone's true nature and agenda? As in, can you figure out how authentic someone is in their interactions?
>>
File: 1443263649519.png (394 KB, 557x382) Image search: [Google]
1443263649519.png
394 KB, 557x382
>>27118658
I've met people with the same personality as me. I wouldn't say they were a sociopath. They're more logical and narcissistic than anything. Maybe they are and I just never figured them out. I've had my suspicions with chronic liars. Genuine emotions and body language are what I look for when I try to authenticate people. You can do research on what genuine emotions look like compared to none genuine.

>>27118621
But, why would you do such a thing?
>>
>>27118744
Because I think your personality type is funny. I don't care if its genetic or not. A lack of empathy for other humans is despicable and your belief that you're so logical and cool just sounds like you're an edgy middle schooler.

I'm sure if you were being tortured you'd find a way to feel more than any normal person ever would.
>>
>>27118744
How do I know if I'm a sociopath?
I don't feel empathy for anyone, but I don't know whether that's being an edgy fuck or a genuine mental disorder.
>>
>>27118854
you're a narcissist just like OP.
>>
>>27118223
Why are 99% of men sociopaths?
>>
>>27118264
>Sociopath
>Different
>Implying
From what? A woman?
>>
File: 1442628349961.jpg (1 MB, 1836x1377) Image search: [Google]
1442628349961.jpg
1 MB, 1836x1377
>>27118854
Well, you can become a sociopath. For me I've been like this since early in my life so it's a bit more nature than nurture.

>>27118808
You're discounting my experiences as if I don't know how it feels to be in there situation. I probably have. I just don't empathize with there pain. You're just coming off as a bitter person who's obviously naive enough to trust someone.
>>
Aren't all aspies sociopaths?
>>
>>27118934
Hah. Naive enough to trust someone. Did someone hurt your feelers in the past and now big bad edgelord can't trust anyone?
>>
>>27118808
Most humans tend to only have empathy for people they already know, while being apathetic, or worse hateful, to everyone else.

At least with a socialpath you know they aren't likely to be bigoted or exclusive in who they care about, they're just neutral. There's no biases, no baggage that the rest of us have to deal with, just pure, unadulterated disinterest in other's feelings.

I'm almost envious, feelings and caring about the feelings of others is exhausting and the only reason you have to be angry is that you're envious as well.
>>
File: 1442605493183.jpg (455 KB, 2192x1446) Image search: [Google]
1442605493183.jpg
455 KB, 2192x1446
>>27118909
I doubt that figure is right. Probably more in our nature. You know women having to compassionate to there children probably has a role in it.

>>27118950
Doubt it.

>>27118961
Well, I'm cynical so I probably project that onto others.
>>
>>27118808
Not feeling empathy =/= destroying the lives of everyone around you.

A sociopath wouldn't care if someone close to them died, for example. I know because I am one. I don't feel bad for the things I do, but that doesn't mean I go out and do shit just to be an asshole.

That said, you sound pretty angry about something. What's wrong, little edgelord?
>>
>>27118934
>Well, you can become a sociopath.
So how do I know whether I'm a sociopath or just extremely selfish to the point of having no empathy?
>>
>>27119015
Uh oh! I pushed over your narcissist parade and now you're using my words!
>>
>>27119017
Do your own research, b-baka!
>>
>>27119017
Morality.

A sociopath doesn't feel bad about what they do. They don't care about the obstacles in their way, if they want something they get it. While this doesn't mean they have no morality, it's just that theirs is different to the average conscience.

People nowadays are replacing the terms sociopath and psychopath with Anti social personality disorder, which is much more modern and relevant. While I don't doubt OP, and myself deal with something like ASPD, sociopath is a much cooler word to say.
>>
Do you ever feel jealous of people who can feel empathy? Because if I woke up like you tomorrow, I'd probably kill myself.
>>
>>27119076
No.

It's a unique way to feel, but I see others as almost childish, or at least not fully viewing everything going on around them. They put too much priority on relationships and interaction with humans when it's really all futile. Almost as if I alone can understand the meaning of the painting before me, and everyone else is a child still comprehending how the colours were mixed.

But I'm not op, so it could be different.
>>
>>27119064
I don't follow any code of ethics, and people have told me that I have no moral compass.
How does that factor into having a personality disorder?
>>
>>27118223
Sociopathy is a curse.
I'm sorry OP. Just don't make things worse for yourself.
>>
File: 1442212777706.jpg (258 KB, 1234x857) Image search: [Google]
1442212777706.jpg
258 KB, 1234x857
>>27119076
Not really. I like the way I am. Why would I want to feel empathetic with how everyone seems to be suffering constantly. I think it's better to not be bogged down with empathy when you have yourself to worry about. Plus, can't relly be jealous of something I never had.
>>
>>27119113
I can only give you my take, but it's possible that you could feel the way I do. If you feel isolated from a lot of people and view them as inferior, then that's a strong indicator. I sometimes feel like a teacher in a class full of children. Not to sound edgy but I know I'm intelligent, more so than the people around me. It's just a matter of how you view others as well.
Lastly, probably how you act in social situations. Asshole =/= sociopath. Iif you can convincingly lie, act differently in the presence of others, and deceive without a second thought then good job buddy, you're probably a lot like me and OP, and a lot of other people.

People call it a disorder, I call it different.
>>
>>27119111
That's literally just what you think. You're believing that because its convenient for you. In reality, you have no reason to put yourself above the general population.
>>
>>27119116
I wouldn't say so. Just because I don't feel bad about things doesn't mean I'd like, shoot up a school or something. I'd see that as a waste of human life. It's easy to talk shit about something that you haven't experienced, I understand. It's not a curse, it's just looking at ethical and social situations through...glasses?

I think that's a good way to explain it.
>>
>>27119169
>Iif you can convincingly lie, act differently in the presence of others
Well fuck, that sounds 100% like me. Lying feels as natural as telling the truth.
Time to visit the psychiatrist.
>>
>>27119192
And if that's what I think, why isn't it true? I can only live from my own perspective - when I die, it can't really be disproven that the universe would be destroyed along with me. Everyone else that exists could literally be a creation of my own mind.

But it is true. Everyone around me has an emotional baggage that they need to carry, in the desire of love for/from others, and emotions such as anger, happiness, sadness. I don't. Is it easier to run a marathon with a backpack on? I wouldn't say so. I may not be superior in physical ability, or even intelligence, but there's no denying that emotionally, I'm..free.
>>
>>27119225
You're right. Nip it in the bud before it's too late. I can't say for others but it's a lonely way to feel. I don't feel much at all but company is desirable sometimes. If you have a chance to escape, I'd say do it. If you don't, join the party, have some punch.

Don't beat yourself up about it. It's not something that really needs to be treated, more something that just needs to be managed. You are who you are, don't let the expectations of a group of evolved apes tell you otherwise. Just be careful with your powers. Just because we don't experience emotional baggage, doesn't mean that people wouldn't, say, shoot your kneecap because you've done them wrong.
>>
>>27119209
It's definetly a curse m8. Not talking shit, but you were cursed at birth to be non-human.
>>
being an edgelord doesn't make you a sociopath.
>>
>>27119470
Why not? Behaving the same as a sociopath is functionally equivalent to being one.
learn 2 behavioral psychology
>>
Opinions on Wagner's Parsifal?
>>
File: 1440984925167.jpg (76 KB, 600x682) Image search: [Google]
1440984925167.jpg
76 KB, 600x682
>>27119541
I like wagner

But i much more prefer Dmitri Shostakovich
>>
>>27119406
This. I'm not quite sure if I'm an actual sociopath, but I identify with a lot of the symptoms. Not empathy for others, never feel anything close to a connection, probably wouldn't feel a thing if a family member passed, or if I never saw them again. I'm not sure, for all I know I could just be autistic. But I definitely feel like it's a curse and that I'm subhuman. It's more like being a robot. It's the biggest part of humanity, and we're missing it. I believe I'm incapable of loving and I loathe it, imagining all those beautiful feelings that stem from it, both the happiness and sadness. All the motivations and beauty that come from it. It seems to me all the most beautiful things in the world come from love in some for or another.
>>
>>27118461
be careful not to cut yourself on that edge, it's particularly sharp
>>
>>27119614
Cont.
All my relationships seem so empty and meaningless compared to those I see around me. I was with a girl for three years and it was just like a game of feelingless manipulation. How attached to me could I make her, what could I make her do or give up for me, how strongly could I make her love me, how much could I trick her into thinking I loved her. I was great at it, and great at faking it. But I couldn't give her an ounce of genuine love through all those years, after everything she did for me, and you realize what a piece of shut you were. When we split, I finally admitted that I had never felt anything toward her, I don't know if it completely destroyed her, or helped her move on because we stopped talking after that but one of the last things she told me was "I thought I would never find someone who loved me as much as you did." Which was very curious and funny in a way, since I had always wondered if I was selling it believably or if she could see through it at times.
>>
>>27118223
>being a robot
>being a sociopath
pick one and only one
>>
>>27119741
sociopath...

obviously.
>>
>>27119696
How does it feel knowing you are essentially a primitive subhuman? the one thing that separates us from more primitive life forms is our moral conscious. Upwards of 90% of sociopaths have a sub-average iq, we only hear about the so-called 'Intelligent' ones
>>
>>27119696
All I really want is to be able to feel the love of others and feel love myself. I can use a girl for sex and get them to love and care for me, but I don't think I can really understand or feel that love when I've never had something like that myself. Even sex seems shifty compared to what I could have with an emotional side and connection with the person. We had a huge dom/sub thing going on and being in control of someone and knowing you can do anything to them is great, but many times I felt I'd rather just jack off than have sex. Through the whole 3 years we had sex at least once probably 97% of the days we were together, but I was the initiator probably only 5% of the times.
>>
>>27119764
Don't make me laugh.
The fact that I've ascended our primitive need for emotion allows me to go places and do things some wouldn't even consider.

>but I couldn't betray becky for that job she's my friend!!1

Fuck off. Sociopaths are superior in every way because I don't get angry when some sperg on the internet is different to me. I just watch you throw your toys out of the pram and get upset because you're not sitting at the adults table.
>>
Do you have friends? What do you do with them? Do you enjoy spending time with them? Do they know you consider yourself to be a a sociopath? What do you think of people with mental illnesses? Do you want a gf/bf? Why/why not?
>>
>>27119811
>I've ascended our primitive need for emotion allows me to go places

apparently you don't know what an 'oxymoron' is, wew lad so intelligent
>>
File: 1457061105083.png (39 KB, 625x549) Image search: [Google]
1457061105083.png
39 KB, 625x549
Hello roachy roaches
>>
Do you feel emotions at all?
>>
File: 1438927635520.jpg (83 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
1438927635520.jpg
83 KB, 1280x640
>>27119825
I have a couple friends, but there mostly people that have value to me. I enjoy spending time with them usually it's fun. I am human I do need some sort of social interaction. I think I mentioned it to one person before, but I don't think they know I am. People with mental illnesses... they seem really illogical and it interests me how you can discredit logic so easily. I sometimes wonder how it would feel. I've had partners before. I'm very charismatic.

>>27119873
Yeah, kind of? rarely... if that.
>>
>>27119825
Not OP but I've basically taken over the thread.

>Do you have friends?

Yes I do. Pretty standard.

>What do you do with them?

We just do what friends do, hang out, chill. It means nothing to me but I still do it anyway because networking, plus I can't really avoid them all the time.

>Do you enjoy spending time with them?

I wouldn't say I dislike it but it's taxing to act like something you're not for people you don't care for.

>Do they know you consider yourself to be a a sociopath?

A few do, I've told them what I think caused me to be this way but the majority of them see me as someone that's sociable and energetic when sometimes I just want to drive a spear into their neck.

>What do you think of people with mental illnesses?

I am one, I guess we are what we are. I pity those that can't life an entirely normal life but It's admirable when they can overcome their problems and still achieve. I wouldn't use it as an excuse though.

>Do you want a gf/bf? Why/why not?

I would say yes. I don't think I can "love" someone, but there's sometimes someone that comes along and makes me want to be a better person, so I'd take that as some sort of affection if that makes sense. Honestly, I like the intimacy, and I want someone to understand what it feels like to suffer how I do. I've dealt with abandonment/withdrawal problems since childhood and it would be refreshing to let them go.

I have time to kill, so more questions would be nice.
>>
>>27119897
way to ignore my post>>27119897

really telling of your sub-average intellect, quite amusing if i may say so myself! :)
>>
please don't have kids. my father is a textbook sociopath and he's one of the main reasons I'm a complete fuck up. sociopaths do no make good parents.
>>
>>27119825
Personally I would never let on even a little bit that I lacked empathy and emotion to anyone. You'd be seen as something less than human. I would never knowingly continue any form of relationship with anyone like me, unless it was out of necessity. There's no meaning in it, it's just a game of smoke and mirrors. Meaningless, pointless, a waste of time. They're not worth your trust, and not worth any emotional investment since they can't return it.
>>
>>27119930
funny how you quoted me twice.
>>
OP i hate you not for the reason that you're a sociopath but because you are big enough of a faggot to actually make a thread about this on a primitive mongolian anime imageboard.
>>
>>27119832
How is climbing above the base desire to be wanted and loved an oxymoron? It IS primitive, and I don't feel it, therefore I've overcome it. I don't see where I've juxtaposed myself.

>>27119937

I'd have to agree. I would never abuse a child but I don't think I have the parental instinct to show them love and care. It could change upon becoming a parent though.
>>
>>27119259
Hah. Sure. Free. Because that's really what emotions are to me - baggage. Sorry - they aren't. Not in my world.

It's funny you say that, because there's equally a chance you're just a creation in mine, but I don't think that's why because I'm not pathetic.
>>
>>27119961
>>27119832
So are you gonna respond or no? just admit you don't know what a fucking oxymoron is

wew buddyboyo don't cut yourself on that sharp edge
>>
>>27120001
You're talking to two different people.

I did respond, see >>27119972
>>
>>27119972
>ascended our primitive need for emotion

that sentence is a fucking oxymoron, as lacking morals is what makes us fucking primitive.

holy shit i guess the 90+% of sociopaths have a sub-average intellect statistic is really rings true huh
>>
File: 1438236557983.jpg (36 KB, 476x353) Image search: [Google]
1438236557983.jpg
36 KB, 476x353
>>27119937
My family was full of sociopaths too but we never showed it. Fake smiles everywhere. I believe it made me better than if they weren't. Believe it or not you are at a great advantage if you are a sociopath.

>>27120001
That's no me, I'm OP.
>>
>>27119937
I've actually read a lot about sociopaths and there are a lot of new theories with solid research behind them that (some) sociopaths can feel empathy limited to people like their children. I think it would be fine for some sociopaths to have children, it's not a one size fits all sort of thing. Although I think the scummiest thing you could possibly do is marry someone unaware that you are a sociopath. But hey, it's not like you'd ever give a shirt if you are one right?
>>
>>27119927
what kind of fiction do you like?

I have a sorta friend that told me once that he considers himself to be a sociopath. I have Borderline Personality Disorder, myself. I want to keep hanging out with him and become closer friends, but I'm scared. As someone with BPD, the only thing I want is for people to care about me, but if he doesn't actually care about people...I don't know. I'm just scared. I guess I'm scared that he would use me and toss me aside. I don't really know what I'm getting at here. Advice/commentary?

A bit more about him- he's the most generous person I know, or at least that's the front he puts on in front of people. I remember this one time, he told me that he can look people in the eye and read them. I asked him what he read about me and he said "kinda clingy." It was weird in that moment when he said it. It's true, I'm not gonna lie, but I was trying to not come off like that. I didn't constantly try and contact him or try to be with him all the time. I dunno.

This was rambling, I just took some sleeping pills a little while ago.
>>
>>27119990
>pathetic for considering different philosophies

Damn son, who hurt you? The fact that you're getting worked up at my comments surely means that you've let your emotions get to you again. I can't hold it against you, it's just the way you are. Emotions to ME are nothing but baggage, and the fact that they are to you makes you people so much easier to tread on!

>>27120030

Lacking higher cognitive function is what makes something primitive. Not having the ability to ask and consider why is what makes an animal an animal, not getting sad that someone, for example, died in a tv show. Careful what you do with that teenage angst.
>>
>>27119927
>I've told them what I think caused me to be this way
And what was that?
>>
op is fag

muted
>>
>>27119972
Just because you never had something doesn't mean you overcame it. Animals don't have the concept of mortality, that doesn't mean they overcame it.

Emotions and empathy are not a hindrance, they make us human; to lack them is to be an animal.
>>
>>27119972
it's not so much about abuse, it's more about the lack of emotional availability

it's basically almost like unintentional emotional abuse I guess. he fucked me up good in that department.
>>
>>27120077
You do know being social creatures allowed us to develop our cognitive abilities/civilisation we currently possess. A bunch of anti-social monkeys aren't going to do anything that would be considered impressive.
>>
>>27120077
>not getting sad that someone, for example, died in a tv show

there's a difference between deluding yourself that you're a sociopath and actually being one kiddo. It's not that i don't believe you, it's just blindingly obvious that you think you're some special snowflake
>>
>>27120053
those types are kind of like the pablo Escobars and all those gangsters who kill a shit load of people but they also love their family

those are ultra high level sociopaths. most regular sociopaths just fuck up their kids emotionally.
>>
Hey OP. I'm gonna be called an edgelord but I'm also sociopathic to some degree. Not sure if I'm full blown or not but I don't feel a conscience
>>
>>27120074
I don't see a reason he can't see you as...valuable, if that makes sense. He might not feel emotionally drawn to you, but that doesn't mean he hates you or anything, as you said. You need for attention could be a little irritating for someone like him but I'm sure he can recognise it's genuine care at least. I like Isaac Asimov and I'm reading the Martian now, books that consider the future and psychology with robotics interest me. I can say though that if I'm passionate about something, I'll talk about it for hours, so prepare for a long conversation haha

>>27120089

Dad left me, raped as a kid, mother never around, no one generally cared about me so I learned to not care about others.

>>27120108

To lack the ability to consider what makes us, us, is what would make us inhuman. I have higher reasoning. My higher reasoning dictates I don't need emotion, therefore I don't use it. Where is the subhuman process in that? Just because it doesn't line up to your morals doesn't mean it doesn't clearly demonstrate the thought process that makes a human human in the first place.

>>27120115

You're right, my mother was the same and while she's far from a sociopath (she was pretty busy with work and just never around) I learned to get by on my own as I said earlier, and I kind of became what I am now. I do know how you feel.

>>27120159
I never said I was anti-social. I said I don't feel empathy or emotion. I can socialise perfectly well - in fact I'm very good at it!

>>27120164

I was using a tv character as the first example that came to my head. I'm not saying I'm some sort of unique wonder person that's the main protagonist for a book, but I recognise that what I am isn't normal and I'm trying to articulate it. Isn't that what this thread is for? I can't really put it simpler than how I am now, even if it seems conceited and arrogant.

>>27120184

Not op, but explain some more.
>>
>>27118363
>Well, I became completely aware of it when a psychology major kept looking at me weirdly. Interacting with me in a strange way. Off handily mentioned it to me. I did my research and it basically we me to a T. I could get diagnosed but I just feel that in certain ways I do have the characteristics of a sociopath.

You're such a god damn fucking idiot, it's incredible.
Not only is "sociopath / sociopathy " not even a real diagnoses (you're thinking of anti-social personality disorder) it's also something that you are unable to diagnose yourself with. The criteria to be diagnosed with ASPD require a 3rd outside observer to assess your symptoms.

You're just a fucking attention whore who thinks labeling themselves with a "cool mental illness" will bring you the attention on the internet that you apparently don't get enough of in real life from people you actually know.
Fuck off.
>>
I have the full range of emotions and empathy but they don't play a big part in my decision making process. That is I know its wrong and will feel bad during/after abusing or manipulating someone but I still do it anyway. What does that make me?
>>
>>27120258
Would it make you feel better if I got diagnosed?

Plus, this is hardly attention more so as entertainment since you know. I'm pretty bored on a saturday night/ sunday morning
>>
>>27120215
>I don't see a reason he can't see you as...valuable
I get what you mean by that, but that's exactly it. I feel like he would only see me as some kind of commodity. Honestly, I don't know why he spends time with me. I don't really give him anything but someone to talk to/spend time with.

>He might not feel emotionally drawn to you
Then what might he see in me? I know you don't know him, but from your perspective.

When we hang out, all we really do is smoke pot and talk. Most of the time, it was his pot, anyway.
>>
>>27120338
You don't have ASPD. You're an asshole though.
>>
>>27120338
>What does that make me?
an asshole. not even trying to be funny here.
>>
>>27118223
are you self diagnosed
>>
>>27120184
>>27120215
I know right from wrong, but doing wrong doesn't feel any different from doing right. I feel no conscience about theft or other crimes. I've stolen from friends when I knew they wouldn't find out it was me. I also manipulated my friend into a breakup so I could try to fuck his girl. I basically have no qualms about doing any action as long as I won't get found out.

On the other hand, I do feel shame when people find me out. For example I'd have no problem stealing from a friend, but if they saw me I'd feel terrible. Not sure if this is guilt or shame or what. I feel some kind of empathy for friends and family, and I try to help when needed. However I would never help anonymously, so I'm pretty sure that's just for the purposes of being seen as a better friend. The only reason I don't commit crimes all the time to benefit myself is because of the fear of getting caught. Even if there's a 1% chance of getting caught I usually won't do it.

So basically I feel like a sociopath who's overly attached to his reputation and social connections or something
>>
>>27120405
Yeah, but before you discredit me.

I'm not a teenager. I'm in my mid 20's. If that gives me any credit for my claim. Which it probably doesn't.
>>
>>27120388
>>27120404
Ok. How would I stop being an asshole? I don't really want to be and I do feel bad about it but I'm not sure what to do.
>>
>>27120457
when you feel bad about something, stop doing it. try to understand why it makes you feel bad and why you should stop.
>>
>>27120381
Probably some sort of appreciation for the company you give him. Easier to talk to, he might feel like you get him or something. I have one or two friends that I feel at least understand , and that makes them easier to be around. I don't see why he can't like you, but who knows, you could be an exception to how he feels some of the time.

>>27120407

You have a big ego. You don't let your pride get spoiled by getting seen as doing bad, and this vanity doesn't make you a sociopath.

>>27120457

Try to think about what others would do in your situation. Would they get upset? Get upset! Would they laugh and have a good time? You know what to do! You have hope since you feel bad about it - it just makes it easier for you to relate to people. Try to view people as more than stepping stones.
>>
>>27118808
Lol. You're more of a sociopath than op. Wanting to torture someone because they're edgy is kind of fucked up. I think we all know that op is't a sociopath, he prepared for this thread by saving a bunch of images that look dark, we're dealing with a teenager.
>>
>>27120497
>You have a big ego. You don't let your pride get spoiled by getting seen as doing bad, and this vanity doesn't make you a sociopath.
I feel like having no qualms about killing a dude means I have something other than an ego. A lack of morality has gotta be some kinda fucked up
>>
I am a narcissistic AMA pls upvote
>>
>>27120535
It is. It seems you almost have to prove that you're sociopathic in some way. I can't diagnose that for you bud. But I don't think I'm wrong in saying that you have what I call, "cowards pride". You don't want to be seen as bad because it would hurt your reputation so you don't do anything bad. I feel the same way as you on murder though, I wouldn't go out and kill a dude but if I had to then I wouldn't feel bad about it. I'd say it's certainly possible that you're the same as me but you don't need to prove it to yourself or to me. Just be yourself.

>>27120564

Come on man, you can try harder than that.
>>
>>27120457
Don't. Why would you put others ahead of yourself?
Even if you're not a real sociopath and just being "le edgy", you're better off in the end.
>>
>>27120576
It's mostly that I don't think I'm a sociopath but something else/similar, was hoping to find a term for it
>>
>>27120590
I never said I was a sociopath, it just looks like I'm an asshole. I don't really like being like this it's just I find I can't help myself.
>>
>>27120626

You don't need to find a term for it mate. Just be you

Honestly though I know how you feel, I need to put a term to everything or it doesn't feel right.

Do a little more googling into ASPD, and if you find that you experience a lot of the symptoms a lot of the time then being a sociopath is more than possible.

>>27120697

Don't see why you can't overcome it if you try. I'd say the first step is understanding people. Get into their head and know how they feel, it'll make you treat them a lot nicer.
>>
>>27120697
>I don't really like being like this
Why don't you like it?
Putting yourself above others is an advantage.
>>
>>27120747
Not him, but I can understand the desire to be normal. I guess sometimes it just doesn't sit right, being this different. I personally love it, but I question myself sometimes as to what could have been.
>>
File: 1431433914419.png (22 KB, 217x225) Image search: [Google]
1431433914419.png
22 KB, 217x225
>>27118223
hddz

sup?
>>
>>27120371
If you could display literally any proof of that, then yeah, this might have been an interesting thread with someone diagnosed with an illness that a lot of people don't understand, instead of just a retarded edgelord that thinks ASPD is any less crippling than any other mental illness.

Pro-tip my dude, people with this disorder have terrible ability to make good decisions, they're impulsive and ruin their lives by doing this sort of shit. It's why most of them are either addicts or in prison.
>>
Ever had a cock in your mouth?
>>
>>27121562
I could have sworn they developed into sociopaths while being incarcerated
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.